(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

sperzz: I saw Isetan having sale on Crayola too. I bought the triangular crayon. I think it's $5. Where are you buying from?

<font color="119911">xpink_xuanx</font>,
my living rm are 'decorated' with kid toys. old folks kept on buying the toys that I'm stopping them cos no space to keep. some sold it away.

usually, when mommy asked hubby, they usually said dun waste $$ if not, ask us bck if it is necc. so like that, like dun need to ask loh....men will parrotise bck.

<font color="119911">ni</font>,
yrs is old flat right...that's why storerm can tear down. our one is a shelter. now, all usued stuff all dump there....

<font color="119911">dazed</font>,
wow, u got a good deal wor...

<font color="119911">ann01jan</font>,
same same loh..that's why we did up a 5 tier steeless shelf to keep the things but it is still messy. all dump inside including empty boxes too. at least yrs still can keep vacuum cleaner. I got no place to keep it. wow, broom also kept in storerm?? I kept it outside the locked door.

even, my spare rm where I placed PC become another junk rm. so it tends to attract mostiqutoes some time.

re:durian
hmm no durian in Desaru fruit farm?? my cc here organise a trip this fri loh.

afcai:i saw the one day durian trip notice at my lift lobby too.i brought zonghan on one day trip to desaru fruit farm and firefly.think it was too tiring cos started at 7am and ended about 11pm.he was completely tired and vomitted on the way back.fruit farm quite hot and humid and fireflies at night,he was cranky and sticky..tink i might bring him again when he is slightly older..

mercs....oh really...then could be the leftovers ba...yes did buy a few items...

dazed...good thing is the staff are pretty helpful..in fact met a very nice one at the testing counter who gave me extra spare parts and accessories from another set which has impt parts missing...

afcai : Hehe... my house got no storeroom and dont have kids toys to decorate the living room. So guilty for not being able to buy them toys.
By the way, what do your kids doing everyday?

my friend tells me that my son seems so boring leh. Cos everyday he just walk around the whole house doing nothing and pass his time. Now i think back, wat she say is quite true. So guilty!!!

<font color="119911">daymoon</font>,
oic..how's yr boy? that's y my hubby said no pt bringing kids along esp they dunno how to communciate with the adult yet and it's kind of waste trip.

<font color="119911">xpink_xuanx</font>,
my elder one went 2 hr schooling. then came bck makan, watch cartoon on TV and then zzz... my younger one will follow her jie jie loh. even he has toys but will grow tired of playing. each toys can only last him 3-5mins then he will go ard the hse like tarmania to mess it out from bedroom to kitchen. he can self entertain himself one. for the jiejie, my elder one will glue herself to VCD/DVD while didi will only glue to thomas n fren show only.

oh, why not do some flash card or read book to yr kids? or do some self drawing etc...

hmm...how old is yr elder one?

dazed: what time ? I'm on half day... u gg JP JL ?

ni: I bought the magnetic cars $33 for 2 boxes, 1 box got three cars, can choose from construction cars, racings cars and emergency cars....

Back from United Sq, dun waste ur time going there. Nothing is cheap....only a handful items on bundle sale and not worth

snowbaby, my bro bought it for own consumption, then found the smell yucky and promptly pass over to JH. JH likes it. original flavour.

JL sale is not too bad, bought a few tops and a thomas train set with track. $36.90 but got coupon so further discount $5.

dazed: thanks for the report on JL. i think i have the $5 vouchers also.. but no time to go down and see :D the Pigeon products got discount?

Ann: If you ever want to get another pair of sunglasses for Leon, can check out Mothercare. Bought a pair of sunglasses for #2 (think was $14) &amp; love it. I dunno how to describe, but the frame is soft kind, won't injure kids, even if they fall or the frame 'poke' into their faces. Also, there are no screws, so no danger of screws falling off &amp; being 'eaten' up by our kiddos.

Mummies, wanna check with you all. What is a good carrier for our big babies now? I'm still using the sling &amp; the X carrier. But thinking to get (either buy 2nd hand or borrow) a better one for my OZ trip. Was telling HB, just the 2 of us &amp; 3 kids, we need to be prepared to carry #2 &amp; #3 quite a bit.. I think I'd prefer to carry then worry about them 'running off'.
Any good recommendation?

EmQ: I am still using my MIM sling to sling my gal ard, especially useful if she needs to sleep while we are shopping :D

I tot there were some raves abt the beco or something like that?

U wil not be bringing a Daytripper along also?I think that can save u a fair bit of carrying and spare u from some backache too

Jan: I'm still using my sling (&amp; X carrier) too. In fact, I used the X carrier for almost 10hrs straight when we were at Universal Studio.. but really shiong lei... cos weight distribution not that great lol..

Can't imagine going like that for 2weeks plus! Think I peng san when I return... so wondering about the other carriers that the mummies raved about.

I found 1 that was selling at only $45 BN, am very tempted to buy... but if I'm not having #4, kind of silly to buy another carrier now. Cos I dun suppose #3 will even need 1 shortly.

I posted on WTB, hopefully someone responds.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?451986/3934898

I'm still thinking about whether to bring along a stroller. I may go there &amp; get a twin stroller, either borrow or buy 2nd hand. Cos if we bring 2 strollers, 2 person will have to push the strollers. If I bring 1, will still end up carrying 1 child if both sleeps.. so a good carrier with a stroller would be a wiser option ba. I'd still bring my sling &amp; X carriers along.

Emq: i think u still need to bring a stroller along..not only for baby and also to put yr stuff...
and to me hor, no matter how good or how ex a carrier is, its still aching to your back if continue use for a few days..
especially now our babies is so heavy now..

Emq: think in your case, goot to get a twin stroller lightweight type for the trip - go to WTS or WIB, they will have. I bought my 2nd stroller there at $5... hee hee...

Ann: Can check out the new outlet at West Coast Plaza. I think they are having some opening special. It's so near my place, but I haven't got round to visiting it... kekeke..

$5 for a stroller? Cool! I tried looking for a 'cheap' one previously (last year), so my MIL can push both younger ones out when she send #1 to the school bus. But could not find. I'm thinking to get in OZ, so save me the hassle of bringing over. Then probably sell off there or give away to their Salvation Army lol... rather than lugging back here... not sure how... maybe I check out twin strollers here too...

mercs: No choice, heavy also gotta carry lei... depending on the environment there. Cos overseas, strange environment, I'd prefer to play safe &amp; have kids 'stuck' to me lol...

Yeah lol... &amp; I have 2 to carry lol... good thing both not that heavy weight... 8kg &amp; 12kg... for short periods I still can manage to carry both at the same time... kekeke but I told #1 she has to be super cooperative &amp; help out too. She has started learning to prepare milk for her sisters &amp; has been preparing their milk feeds for the last week. She can now prepare milk independently without supervision... I must look out for what other skills to equip her with... kekeke...

emq, west coast plaza got send coupon for 15% discount. i also have another coupon for $20 off $100 purchase. if you want, let me know.

yes, i agree, sometimes, it's easier to just carry rather then chase after them, esp when they itchy fingers everything also want to touch...

mercs, yup, the carrier not bad, i can go shopping in it... of course still will get backache the next day but better then break my arm. can't do without carrier .

dazed: Boba is a front/back carrier, right? Not those sling kind, right? Is it really better? You've also got the sling &amp; X carrier too, isn't it? How do you compare the 3?

BTW, how heavy is JH now? I think after 1, their weight gain slows down drastically le. The same applies for all my 3. They only pick up again when they enter childcare... funny, but they do (at least for #1 &amp; #2), will wait to see if #3 follows the same pattern. Then after that, their height seems to gain faster compared to weight. They seem to just keep shooting upwards, so much so, my #1 went from 115% down to 80-90% now.

MIM sling was useful for baby, but not much support, x-sling was good and compact, and my mom also still using, but then again, the support was at back only. this boba has support at back and waist, but is only for bigger babies as meant for 1 yr old and above.

emq, jh is 11+ kg, yup, slow down liao, weight quite stagnant. then recently sick, i think he kind off lost his tummy a bit... dunno this week appetite back will put back on a not...

hello mummies!

so tiring week! glad its ending soon!
happy.gif

whats up this weekend for the kiddos?

good morning!

Ni, I am also looking forward to weekends!
Everywhere is booked this sunday for lunch/dinner. Most likely will only celebrate next week
happy.gif

mercs: yahor, its mothers day. my 2nd mother day with kyan.
happy.gif

cherry: everywhere is crowded since last weekend leh! i wanted to go melben crab, vvvv crowded, as if queueing for hello kitty!

Back