(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

ni: i dunno leh. suspect its due to copyright issue ba. i want to go click on your link then only got 22 samples. so i email her for more designs she say starting dec she only focus on baby name and photo banner. last time got so many to chose, now left with only 22. v disappointed leh. i want to change theme, now want to change banner got very limited banner to choose from. sian

jan: i think there's other sellers for banners too. i think babyterror online is one of them.

cherry: i bought some things from babyterror. saw ur posting there. you want me to collect together. will be going there after work today. its very near albert (cheers n tears) place. cos i haven collected the photos too..

cherryale: hai.. i hiao, want to change theme. Cos the venue i booked is painted with carebears, so instead of having carebear decorated room with pooh cake and pooh banner, i decided to just get the carebear banner and then use carebear figurines for cake decor. but alas, no more personalised carebear banner for shyan liao.

sperzz: u can read my mind ah.. how u know i also thinking of that... :D

hello mummies...

caden fell fm the bed 2 days ago... =( he dun hv a big baluku like last time, but forehead got blue black... =( MIL ask me not to let him sleep on my bed anymore... Hb's going to buy a mattress for him to 'downgrade' to the floor.... & he's happy that the lil terror is going off our bed soon... =(

can u all share how's ur lil darling's sleeping arrangement? i wanna see if there's any better way than 'downgrading' him...

Cherry: It's ok la... afterall it's only once in a lifetime that they are celebrating their 1st birthday.. we dun really restrict budget for 1st & possibly 21st. But the years in between, it's $300-500 only & the kids get to choose lor.. if they dun want a big party, the balance goes towards a small trip or big treat.

For her 6th, #1 chose to have a art workshop for her friends. We had a clogs making party at the art school in Suntec. Both the kids & adults had a great time.

My sister is more indulgent. Her son's annual parties are in the tune of $1-2K! I'd rather use that amt for a nice short trip... hahaha...

gelato: Ops, sayang Caden.

Yen still sleeps between us on our bed. She fell off once, when HB went off to work without moving her. Usually if either of us goes off to work earlier (bb still sleeping), we'll move her to the playpen or the cot (if Bel is already awake).

I dun really like children sleeping on the floor, but Ben is sleeping on the floor in our room. She'd only uses her own bed occasionally & prefers to bunk in our room on the make-shift mattress.

Or you wanna get Caden a toddler bed? I saw on Flo's FB she has upgraded V to a single bed - a nice princessy one.

Hi ^.^

Letting go:

- 2 unopened tins of Enfapro Stage 2 900g at $30 each;
- 3 opened tins (partially used) of Enfapro Stage 2 at $20.

Use by 14-Mar-2011.

Pick up at Simei/Bedok.

Please PM me if interested.
Thank you!

gelato : can't chase # 1 out of our bed & room although already bought him a car bed (similar to wat Flo's has for V) ibut he still choose to sleep between us then sleepping in another room.

Planning to get a smaller version of toddler bed fm Ikea for # 2, so he can oso sleep beside me in the same room.

Me too dun like the idea of sleeping on floor, if u dun wan to downgrade him, maybe can consider putting bed rail on ur bed? I put this in my MIL house, quite alright.

cherry: i also dun wan to count. nowadays i asked my hb to do the internet transfer for me, so i spent less! hee...

gelato: opps. must be really painful. kyan still sleeps in his cot. i have adjusted to the lowest level. but i guess soon he will outgrow it. planning to buy a tod's bed for him soon...

hmm, actually 2k gets just a pretty standard party.The elaborate ones with a party planner are way above this amount. Just find that the value of money is so low nowadays - imagine 2k is spent just on catering, minimal decor etc dun even have a action hero to take pics with kids or face painting kind of fanciful stuff.

sperzz better not get started.

gelato: sayang Caden.. Caleb sleeps in a single bed with bedrail.. recently we bought a pack and play for him thats like a portable cot so now he sleeps in it.

EmQ: seems BOBA is only sold online here, so cant try.. babyrus dont carry it.

Anyone used Bjorn carrier? Any comments? Looking for one that can hold heavier babies above 10 kg, can do front and back carry, hubby and I both can use. thanks!

afternoon everyone!!!

gelato: if not sleeping in cot, sleep on the floor better but careful make sure no wires or stuffs ard him....coz Kevan will crawl around my bed n start looking for controllers etc n if he's on the flr he'll go play w wires near the tv....so my room is kind of like "Out of bounds" to him

sus, i suppose i won't be back carrying jh much, cos he keeps pulling at my hair! leave that to daddy!

jh fell down from bed yesterday too! cos i was in the kitchen and his daddy is sleeping. but this boy never got any blue black or baluku...

sperzz, which caterer you using?

jan, where you holding the party? carebears theme quite hard to get... last month my friend did one for her girl, got ballons and banners, but her blouse etc had to diy. i couldn't get any clothes for jh too, in the end, i bought a small carebear soft toy to pin on his jumper.

hi all!
bz morning for me was cleaning house, throwing away lots of rubbish...

gelato: hope caden is ok ! met ur bro last sat during jc classmate wedding dinner! He still looked the same as b4 and super joker HAHA!

dazed: which caterer u have in mind?

as for baby sleeping, used to put cayden on mattress.. but he keeps flipping around, bump into wall even tho got put cushions pilllows... really at lost where to place him to zz.. change him back to cot liao.. seems ok but now when he stands he seems taller each day... now bioing ikea bed leh.. :p

sperzz: i used lexin for my manyue too. got good feedback! this time i trying neo gardens. cos my fren used neo gardens for the 1st bday. like quite nice leh!

blessed: i aiming for ikea bed too. want to get one whole set!

ni, I used Neo Gardens for Ashley's first month celebration. Ok, not bad. This time round I want to try a new caterer, but flip side is not tried and tested, dun know nice or not.

ni/sperzz: not gettin lexin liao! didnt get v good feedback for baby shower except for teh curry chicken..

going to try neo/ rasel :p

ni: ya lor!!super nice man!but now see bp got another brand maxim... but it sUPER DUPER EX!

ladies : thanks for ur concern, sharing & suggestions. I think i'll ask hb if he wants to get a bedrail... caden refuses to sleep in his cot since he was abt 1mo... + i m still breastfeeding him, so sharing the same bed is much much more convenient. =)

sus : is caleb still latching on? does he drink milk in the middle of the night? how do u handle that?

blessedmum : haha... i din know my bro is a joker... keke...

re buffet : i like neo gardens & elsie kitchen. CJS is good for big scale parties, for small ones, not nice.... juz my 2 cents...

hi all.. been missing this thread awhile..
so how's eveyone's plan for bday party?

Has babies recover yet? Hope they are well and bubbly now.. remmebered fortnight ago, many bbs were sick
sad.gif

Cherry: Not too bad le. Nephew's $2K included, Tung Lok catering, magician, banners, helium balloons, Shangrila's cake & goodies bags for the kiddos.

Cherry: BTW, magicians & face painting are not that expensive. You can try looking for contacts. I mean you dun expect that guy to stay throughout the party what. It's only for an hour. Unless you want them to host the party kind of thing.

I'm saving the magician till pre-school cos think still young for now.

gosh...everybody so proactive in the upcoming bash...mi still procrastinating...only done the banner but still wif ni...haha

piyobaby: i am now contemplating to make another banner. so sad that jojo nolonger do cartoon characters. luckily we got our poohs and mickey and strawberry shortcake liao :D

but i want to do carebear also cannot le

janjan...luckily that's the only thing im not procrastinating...phews! in fact u can think along the line of all the cartoon characters get together....hee

too bad piyo piyo machiam non existent otherwise sure go for piyo theme...=p

janjan if you are disciplined and track your expenditure, i think should be able to manage.

Emq, I have the contacts as we do kids@ work in office and hired such party planners. I think your sis has a good deal, but how many pax did she has for the party since a huge part of the cost is actually the catering? Even at$15 per pax, 60 guests is already 900, +transport and GST its already 1k.

Cherry: Ok, I just realised why now, cos we keep to only 20+ pax for our parties. Cos very big groups gets too tiring to manage.

gelato: yah Caleb still latches.. but unlike Caden, he doesnt love to latch, love his milk or seems hungry one.. my problem is opposite.. how to get him to latch esp during the day when he so playful and always not interested in milk. Sometimes it seems he is self-weaning, but I try to latch him on when he wakes up from naps and still sleepy and he does take. So he doesn't need me in the middle of the night nor put him to bed one. Strange baby. Am I the only one? =p
Bedrail, one may not be long enough for the whole bed.. we used a combi or bedrail with part of a wardrobe. You might want to take note of the length or buy 2 bedrails? Not sure.. We also found Caleb slept better in his cot cos in the bed, he was always crawling and cruising. In the cot more limited space.

dazed: JH is such a tough boy! He can reach ur hair in the carrier? I cut my hair shoulder length so Caleb usually can't reach one. But haha.. he also loves to pull it when he can reach. What is it with babies?? =p

piyo: hee I also no plan anything for Caleb's bdae.. he will have a quiet one with family hehe =p

Hi mummies, me back from Genting last Thur. Nice short trip. I was amazed by the service crew on the coach! This is my first time on Transtar and it is indeed very comfortable...worth it.
happy.gif

gelato: agree, having the bed rail is better than sleeping on the floor.

me and hubby have a hard time on deciding the venue....thinking of Hort Park but afraid it is inconvenient for families and friends cos most of them stay in the east. *headache*

bbstarlet:me also hving baby's party at home..too lazy to hv it anywhere else..lazy mummy doing planning bit by bit now only.hows crystal?hope she is much better now...

janjan16:thanks for sharing about the banners.. i wanted to order one pooh banner.. but now got to get another design then.

mgteo: Transtar is good? Is there a particular type of coach you took? Those with massage chairs? We were supposed to take the kids there this Dec, but may have to cancel due to HB's work schedule. I'm trying to see if I can slot in 1 just before Christmas.

morning morning morning !
happy.gif
hope everyone is doing great. guess i missed out alot huh.

mgteo: glad u enjoyed your trip to genting. we're going coming monday ~ thursday. but baby zac is not coming along. better not, since he is asthmatic... some more cold cold .

anyone knows which clinic does good lasik ? me thinking of doing lasik leh. any suggestions or which procedure is better?

morning ladies...long time no post
happy.gif

bbstarlet: how is crystal already? hope she is well...poor thing.

mgteo: u bought katie along ma?

daymoon: that time u should have make the banner fast ma, then i can collect for u...

cherry: ya, i am very disciplined. haha.. we shall see. update u girls again. just burnt $35 on cake decor etc lat night. dunno if should order balloon buquet or not

Back