(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

jes,

i have the same thinking as u use scotch tape..haha..

My boy also will cry when tutu drop unless he in deep sleep liao. ususally in deep sleep he will puke it out. If not i will try to slowly remove it.

My 1st boy dun take tutu at all so i dun have any problem with that. Now i wonder in future how to kick the tutu habit.

dbaby,
my elder boy also co-sleep with us & my baby sleeps in his cot, but i boh chap, juz let him cry, so long as he dun scream until 'voiceless' i can juz bear with it... but i'm going to 'chase' my elder out of our bedwoom once his room is ready coz sometimes he is the one who makes his didi wake up coz he likes to cry when wake up in midnite, very pek chek...

mum2ndx
kayson oso like tt. tutu out will cry until sm1 put back in his mouth or use his hands to rub his face. but once he in deep slp, he will spit tutu out himself. hehe.

seems like all our babies are the same hor suck til deep slp then spit out or we willl pull out for them

any of ur babies rub their faces very hard til got red patches?
Have you all taken out the mittens for baby? i took out once for a day and he scratch his face so hard til got cut.. even tho i already cut his nails.

Wonder when should i take it out coz he's starting to suck his hands then the mitten always wet wet. v disgusting.

oh and also becoz my boy's head very flat, i started to let him sleep on a small pillow.. those without the flat centre.

but he always end up sliding down to the sides of the pillow.

what do i do with flat head baby??

јës§, Jappooh,
exactly!!! y no one invent a tutu that wont fall out from the mouth har?? hahaha i also want to tape it on his face, all the time hor. hahah my #1 take tutu til 3yr old.. faint.. one night he jus pass it to me n say he dun want liao, give it to didi. haha i was still expecting #2 then.

BF
initially i intent to bf for 1 yr. but now think think, 6 mth is good enough ba.. cus it's really really damn ma fan lor.. m trying to clear a lump which is at the aerola. wa lao.. super painful man... lump near nipple is really hor...

iemik0,
dunno y my one wont spit out lay... sometime i see he already knock out liao then i pull out, then KNS he wake up lor... hiaz... i will need to swaddle him so his hand wont accidentally sweep away, like that can keep in his mouth longer..

mayelynn, my baby will rub his hands on his face till very red..worse if when he is sleeping in his yao lan, he will use his hands to cover his face or suck his hands and then wipe all over his face! No choice..haha, i wipe his face wif wet towel quite often..to keep it clean.

On flat head, u shuld always rub his head during bathing time or when u hv the time. BB head can still form up to 4mths..reason y he is sleepng in yao lan cos his head was flat one sided cos he sleep one sided during confinement time..now his head is very round liao.. besides sleeping in yao lan, i always rub his head when he is feeding..try it. Even those pillow u mentioned will not help, it will cause his head to be flat behind..

mayelynn, my ger always like to rub her face very hard too, gotta swaddle her every time, her face full of patches of redness...she already suffer lotsa scatches from her nails though she wear mittens and i cut her nails regularly.. dun know if its because her face is itchy or jus her habit. cause she doesn't rub when she's happy and smiling.

on tutu: my ger also always need to suck her tutu to sleep and she wld make noise whn it drops out... i oso feel like using scotch tape sometimes... hahaha... jus last nite, it keeps falling off after both she and i fall asleep, then she started making noise, i gotta keep waking up to put her tutu back... cause i need to work today, i ignore her till she cried loudly.... then she can't stop crying and dun want her tutu anymore.... in the end my hubby gotta carry her till she fall asleep...

emeraldbride
yes my baby's head is lopsided too coz he likes to sleep on one side more.. now its like totally flat behind. thot of yaolan too but then my house already so many sleeping devices.. 2 baby cots, 2 rockers.. plus i scared next time when he gets used to it, cannot sleep without yaolan how? if go other people's house then how to make him sleep?

Bur
why huh! why do they rub so hard? is it becoz tired? i notice my boy likes to rub esp when he is sleepy and trying to sleep or when he is waking himself up.. if this goes on, how and when can i take out his mittens?? it seems very tasty to my baby but i just find the wet wet mittens very disgusting.

mayelynn, i oso dun know... my mom says because she "pek chek" thats y she rubs & rubs, she oredi 2 1/2 mos old still wearing mittens... i wanted to bring her to a PD, but my hubby says the PD will oni prescribe steriod cream for her... sigh....any experienced mommies can help?
if really no choice, i am gg to use her own urine to wipe her face liao...

whaha bur, use urine??? is the red patches so bad? bcoz mine always goes of after 5-10 mins.

last time when my boy has rashes on his face, someone in this thread recommended sebamed baby face cream. It is a miracle cream and thank you to the one who shared with us about this cream. The rashes went away within 2 days.

Now if baby got any red patches anywhere on his face i will put the cream loh...

maye, i never rocked the yao lan unless he cries ver loud..each time i put him inside, he will make some noise till he fall asleep.. even sleepin in his own cot too..he will sometimes talk to himself, move his hands abt..suddenly he will close his eyes n sleep..haha. No choice if the head is lopsided u need to 'fix' it back mah..

Hehe, i oso use his urine to wipe his face but not much result lar. there are some whitish stuff on his tongue i oso use his urinated nappy to wipe but still thr..so mabbe is really old wives tale. I bought a cream, Bepanthen from Watsons. Recommended by a fren..quite good..

hmm ok then i will speak to my hubby abt the yao lan. really wan to fix his flat botak head.

maybe i will let him sleep in yaolan when i pass him over to my mil next mth.

dbaby
I was on total latch till my girl was about 6 weeks, then started pumping in between feeds to build a freezer stash. Now she is 10 weeks. I still latch her all the time, unless I'm going out and my MIL is looking after. I try to pump right after a feed or when she's taking a long nap. When I first started, each time can only pump out 0.5oz from both sides. Now I can do about 1 oz from both sides. In a day I try to pump at least 2 times. But I only pump when convenient la.. I'm lazy, don't pump in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. Hehe..

I'm going back to work on Monday, but will work part-time, 2-3 days a week. I will still continue pumping at work and latch on at night. If what I pump at work is not enough, I will probably start doing more pumping sessions during the hours when I'm home. I will want to TBF for at least a year, so will try my best not to use FM at all.

What about you? What's your plan?

echo,
u all the while working part time? mind me asking wat r u working as? i'm thinking to look for a part job also but dunno wat to do... haha

Jes
No I'm working full-time. This is an arrangement that I worked out with my boss. He requested that I not take all 4 months of my ML at once. So we agreed that I would only take 3 months and then work half a week when I go back.

According to my HR, I will have consumed 58 days of leave by the time I go back on Monday, and will have another 30 days of leave to use. I plan to take 2-3 days off each week for at least the first 4 weeks. But of course will depend on my work requirements. Like if I'm extra busy this week maybe I won't take any days off but will take more days off next week, something like that.

Because my work is project-based, my boss will just assign me fewer projects. I will probably still have to work a little bit when I'm home (e.g. check and reply to emails, take calls on my mobile, etc) but I hope to be able to manage my work within the few days that I'm in office each week. Not all jobs will be able to have this flexibility, but you can always try to ask your boss if something like this is possible.

jes, working from home hor, the onie thing i can tink of is organising spree! What u earn? Exchange rate.. u can try.

echo, now u still pumping at 1oz after latch on? hOw long does ur baby latch on for usually? So u freeze 60ml each time? Not bad liao lar..but i dun intend to freeze my milk..hehe, but dunno y go buy so many Lansinoh bag for..

mayelynn, yea.. sent a testmail.. hope u dont mind. thks for the instructions! Btw, u can try finding or making a pillow using the beans husk kind, like e one used for the chest/stomach. Initially I just let my boy zz flat without pillow, also tried the one with a hole in the middle but he likes to kick n shift all over the place while he zz. Then my mum makes the beanie pillow for him n it's very good! coz no matter how he moves, the pillow will take e shape of his head, prevents flattening..

hello all.. haben been posting been so busy!

hey Luthadel, saw ur blog and have seen ur pic before. Were you at Habourfront Mothercare yday?
I was there too shopping for a stroller. hehe

jess,
ya lo. he was so obsessed wif tutu that when he is sucking 1, he also 1 2 hold 1 each hand. so everytime 3 tutus in action!! then few months later he gave his tutu up. strange..

hahaha so many of you thought of using scotch tape to prevent the pacifier from dropping out .. so farnee !! .. But ya, man .. if my dotter is on pacifier, I will also be tempted to use scotch tape .. hahahaha
happy.gif

So sian she doesn't want .. I keep trying. She will use her tongue to keep pushing the pacifier out .. and then show me the "want to vomit" face .. hahahah.

so darn cute the babies I see sucking pacifiers ..

JUST ONCE why can't I have a baby who takes the pacifier??? ALL MY GIRLS DIDN'T want to take ..

CIndy

of coz i dont mind. budden i tot i was supposed to test ur pm by sending u a msg lei..

oh my mum made the beansprout pillow for me too i have 4 hahaha but i put it at the sides to hold down his blanket, prevent him from kicking it away. or i put it on his arm when he;s awake sometimes to hold his arm down and prevent him from licking his mittens.
find it quite hard so never use as pillow leh.. maybe can try later.

Hi, sorry to intrude...

got a Medela Pump In Style Advance with warranty til Feb 2010 and Avent Manual breast pump for sale (both pre loved). For more details, pls PM me. Thks!

echo,
i already quit my job since early last year, but eventhough if i'm still working, my job also dun hav this kind of flexibility...

emeraldbride,
earning x-change rate? can earn a lot meh? i dun hav experience in organising spree also...

mum2ndx,
wah ur son is tutu fanatic ar?? very cute ler holding 3 tutu in action.. haha

ya hor mayelynn, blur me.. muahahaha.. =@
if too hard remove some beansprout lor.. hope the size of ur pillows big enuf, not those long ones used for the chest. btw, thk can remove the mittens liao bah, I remove my boy's one after full mth, sometimes got scratch his face lah, but I thk remove liao let them learn to grasp ard better leh..

hee Sam, u so cute.. wanna have a bb who likes pacifier. there are many mums who dun want to give, like myself! scared next time hard to stop, heng my boy dun wan also ah..

my boy's pic... taken this morning coz wanna use it as passport photo but difficult to get him posed a 'proper' one... coz smile one can't see his eyes, those nv smile look so 'angry'... haha

2151039.jpg

Jes, u hv to capture more liao.. all of it frowning one leh.. he is so cute. u shave his hair away?
The background is okay..i oso use clothes nappy..hehe

xuelyn, gathering:

Gathering:
Wed 18th Feb
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme

Thurs 19th Feb
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme

Friday 20th Feb
Fabbie
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme

Saturday 21st Feb
Fabbie
juzyounme

Jes, u wanna join us?

luthadel,
don't worry too much about it. bryan is probably just tired. i had this issue too with my elder son when i started work after ML. as he grew older and knew that i was fetching him home, he would quickly prepare himself and position himself by the door lest i leave him behind. kids won't forget their parents that easily. don't worry..

emeraldbride,
ya will try to take more tomolo hopefully his has better mood & wont frown so much! & yes i shave his hair when full mth coz his hair so little at birth so i might as well shave him botak & let his hair re-grow...

gathering,
ya ya count me in.. i prefer weekday!

Gathering:
Wed 18th Feb
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme

Thurs 19th Feb
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme
jess

Friday 20th Feb
Fabbie
bubblepearl
mimi
juzyounme
jess

Saturday 21st Feb
Fabbie
juzyounme

Cindy

i wan to remove lei..! budden he once scratched his face til bleed leh.. and i did cut his nails loh!!

but i think it's inevitable la hor.. sooner or later have to remove also..

Jappooh,
My boy has jab for the 1st dose of 6 in 1 and took the Rotavirus oral vaccine on today. My PD also say is ok to poo 4 to 5 days with the stool is soft and not hard too.

What is your boy weight ? My boy only 4.8Kg and PD say is average but I worried that he is under weight ler.

kath.
help me update.. take my name off the gathering.. cus i cant go. btw.. but if i can make it. I will make it! OR anyone from JURONG going to puggol?? can share cab with me HEE.. pooh did add her name on wed - friday duno why her name is not there liao..

jess
u use photoshop to crop the background can liao =P

Thanks Thanks

Chantelle
Hmmm......must be a look-alike
happy.gif
No I was home yesterday.

Gill
Thanks for the encouragement
happy.gif
I've decided to take every Wed off for the next 2 weeks so as to break up the momentum of the infantcare session
happy.gif
Hope this will make him smile more !

Back