(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi,

Could any of you advise if it is safe and good to take Fenugreek? Any side effects?

My ger is already 5 wks old and my ss is only about 60ml on every 3 hours or 90ml every 5 hours or more. I would like to continue breastfeeding her even after i go back to work.

Could any one advise how to increase my ss? I have been taking the papaya soup, milk etc.. But doesnt seems to increase my ss.

Appreciate all advice! Thanks.

Luthadel..

yes I did. In fact, my boi has decreased to 50ml per feed the day before. Overall, his intake is less than 500ml. My PD said it is alright as long as he is active, alert and growing well. He is now 5.8kg at 8 weeks. I have been letting latch on after he refused the bottle in hope that he will drink more lor.
But he is like more interested in playing nowadays rather than drinking milk lor.

BTW.. how does infant care work? Do they do short term? cos currently my in laws are living with me but they are msians so sometimes they will need to go back. Although my mum has offered to look after.. she has 3 grandchildren on her hands and the youngest is only 6 months older than my boi.

hi bunnipet
i think its alright.. my ger is on 5.6kg on 7 weeks..consider on high percentile already.. your boi is growing well la
happy.gif

thanks Jowin... yup the PD was like.. "I wouldn't worry if I were you..." haha! I was like.. yeah.. but my breastmilk are also wasted!!! I threw away 200mls yesterday. Heartache. Today another 20ml already.

Jenrei..

I do take fenugreek at times. If my supply starts to drop, I'll take a capsule or two but not everyday. Drinking plenty of fluid is impt. I take about 3L/day. Ngoh Fish seems to help me too. Boil the bones with wolberry or papaya and drink it. I find it more effective than eating the fish actually. And the milk becomes more oily too!!!
Next, it is impt to be relax about it. My hubby also noticed that when I go out or am in good spirit, my milk production increased tremendously to 280ml per pump. BTW, my boi is 8 weeks old. Overall, I have about 800 to 900 mls /day lor.

ALl the best!!

Hey all.. I just came back from TMC i brought my lil girl to take rotavirus. I ask my doc why my gal havent poo for 3 days. He told me is normal When baby is taking BM. they can not poo for 1 to 2 weeks. oh doc told me.. if my ger didnt cry at night no need to feed her liao

So sianz.. i so so SO regert to take my 1st jab in sengkang. damn it. then now she got to take 5 in 1 then last 6 in 1. Haiz meaning more jabs she got to take! Anyway i have decided to bring her to TMC to take all the jabs.

Btw anyone getting Pneumoccocal?? Im thinking of it leh. cus TMC have a package of Pneumoccocal & rotavirus package. total is about 630. exclude consultation & GST. Is it a good deal? My gal today weight 4.6kg and lenght 53cm!

Fabbie
I'll be sending my boy to infant care so I'll defintitely be giving him Pneumococcus & Rotarix.

Bunnipet
Infant care do have half day at some centres, you may want to check them out but the waitlist could be very long. We started to put our name in for registrating for a space when I was only 12wks preggy and by now, there are close to 75 on the waiting list. Thank goodness we started early !

Jenrei
My bm ss was also super low and I did take fenugreek (8capsules per day) and it did not help to boost my bm. So it may work for some but not others.

fabbie,

ya, I think the pneumoccocal injection is already about $400 or so .. so the price looks about right. Anyway, I am of the opinion that the price will vary just a bit at different places. If you're getting the rest of her jabs at TMC, then might as well do the rota and pneu there too.

I think it is good to give these optional vaccinations ...
happy.gif
btw, the pneummococal shot is COMPULSORY in the States ... I had never heard of the vaccination before .. this was in 2002. I read up on it .. they gave me a leaflet and from then on, I made sure to get my other girls vaccinated when I had them later on ...

bunnipet
ur bb takes 50mls every feed ah? how many hrly? mine takes 60-90mls every 2.5-3hrly these daes. den nite time onli drink at 11plus till 5-6am in d morning. intake damn little. currently abt 5.8kg @ 2 mths.

Decrease in milk intake
It seems like many babies here also decreases their milk intake either at 2mths or more. I will be seeing my PD on Monday and will check with him again.

iemik0
Ya Bryan now drinks bet 90ml - 120ml (arond 620ml - 650ml per day) and only on occasional feeds he can down 150ml at a go. 2 wks ago, he was doing 140ml (800ml, 6feeds/day). Last week he started to zzzzz for 5 hrs during the day and I have to wake him up for his feeds and he only managed to finish like 70 - 100ml per feed.

This week, he is kind of back to his usual timing of 4hourly feeds but the quantity still hoovers around 100 - 120ml.

Anyway, I'll be seeing PD on Monday for his jabs so will double check with him again. So far Bryan has been active and talkative and no fever so i really dun know why.

sam
waht u mean can be deducted by CDA? sorry abit blur blur

Wah my girl after 3 days didnt poo at last POO liao. but she lau sai again.. its watery =( why huh before her 3 days of not poo, she already have watery lau sai for 2 days(1 time each). then till today she got watery lausai again. is this normal ah? Jialet i forget to ask PD just now! oh dear =(

hi all,

i've juz bought a NUK bottle with silicon teat today coz my boy has been rejecting bottle recently, very headache... and i heard some said that NUK teat is quite good coz the teat is very close to our nipple shape... anyone has any comment? previously i'm using Avent bottle, and i still got few unused bottles + teats, very waste ler if i switch totally to other brand... but if my boy can adapt better with other brand then boh bian lor...

hi, anyone resumed jogging?
i went for my first jog on tuesday..only ran 4 laps, felt wetness and when i checked, realised that my period had returned. now its very very heavy flow.. is it normal? worried that i might have overdone things but my gynae did give me the green light and it wasn't a long run anyway.... anyone with similar experience or any advice?

Gill
I have not started my exercise programme yet 'cos I've to take care of my little monster everyday. Having said that, my first period was super heavy too and the heavy flow lasted for 3 days before getting into the regular flow. Mine arrived on 23Jan and just ended today.

ade
my menses came same dae as u.. hehe.. pretty heavy flow.. 1st time i hav such heavy flow menses.. usually light flow den 3rd dae can wear panty liner one n 4th dae no more.. hehe..

Hi Gill,

My first period was super heavy too and lasted for around 4 days.

Till now I am still having my 1st menses since 12 Jan. Already close to 3weeks and yet my flow still on. Worried but my gynae said it can be normal. My friend told me hers lasted for 5 weeks before end.

Any advice for me?

Harro all Mummies,
Happy 'Niu' Nian! Hope that all are bless with great health, happiness and lots of milk (if desired).

Hi Jess,
Nuk Teats are good s i've used since my bb's birth. When i switch from my breast to the bottle (i don't have sufficient milk flow), bb continues to suckle. However, do check and buy the right teats hole. It resembles the breast so bb may find milk flow not as fast as Avent and can get really frustrated when they are super hungry. Trick is feed when it's time - need to prepare milk b4 bb screams. Hope it helps.

Hi LuthAdel,
How do u know it's menses and not otherwise. My bleeding didn't stop till early last week. Then just the sun, i get blood flow again. Now stop since yesterday. Is the second time our period? My bb born on 11 Dec. Thx for advice.

Hi CJ,
Welcome to thread. Hope your bb doing well. :)

Gill, so good...can start exercising away the excess already! My gynae said my uterus is slightly prolapsed...so cannot exercise until next month. In the mean time, will be doing pelvic floor exercises ad lots of kegels! Gynae siad my kegel strength is only 1 on the scale from 0 to 10 (-_-")

Jess, the lactation consultation at Parentcraft gave me my pumped out milk in a glass bottle with NUK teat, but baby David wasn't used to the shape at all leh and kept leaking milk! Anyway I feed him EBM only once a day. He is using the Pigeon peristaltic teat for 2 - 3 month olds. So far so good... no nipple confusion.

Menses...I'm on TBF... so far no sign of it yet. I delivered on 29 Nov.

jialet. i hope to come menses before i start work! if not suddenly tio menses and leak to my clothes.. thats it liew! faints.

gill - I gave birth on 13 Dec. Yest night just have menses again. Now have menses cramps & backache. good thing manage to have PAP smear done before menses start. i want to resume exercise soon, but it's a matter of who looks after baby so that i can attend workout session.

fabbie,
my ger will not poo for 2-3days, then suddenly a lot of poo on 1 day like she's got diarrhoea & till her anus all red, then can't poo again...i am down with flu on mon nite, went to see my GP on wed, thus i ask him about my ger, he say it's normal, as long as baby is drinking, sleep well & alert is fine. she's oso been coughing last few days, i tot i spread my cough to her cause i started wearing mask oni on wed, but yesterday she didnt cough at all...phew...now super tired cause sick and no one help to look after my ger...

jowinbaby,

some people are lucky .. they will not get their menses for as long as they breastfeed ... some people .. like me, after 3 months, I get my period ... and I'm TBF. sigh. so it really depends ... breastfeeding does delay your menses but no guarantee it'll be till you stop latching baby ...

spag, I oso tried changing Zach's Pigeon bottle teats to the 2-3 months but the flow is too fast for him, so hv to use back his old one. I realise that maybe i sterilise and boil his bottle too often liao till the teats changed color.. no longer transparent but more whitish..the other day, i even forgot i was boiling his bottles n my pumps accessories (i was upstairs) and one of my Medela bottle went out of shape and his milk bottle cover abit melted.. :p
Btw, hv u ordered the Nepia diapers?

emeraldbride
I ordered the Nepia diapers (M size) for my boy yesterday but they can only deliver on Monday. Are you thinking of getting Nepia too? So far I find that it can hold very well and the quality is good and very soft. Doesn't leave any marks on my son's thigh at all
happy.gif

I was supposed to share with Spaghetti n supposed to order before CNY but they ran out of stock!

Adel, Bryan is so cute..esp the pix where he sleeps on adult pillow and u guys let him stand on the couch..he is such a big boy now!

i using Mamy Poko now..will finish it before switching to Nepia.

Ask u mommies, if we send our bb to infantcare, can i request that they use napkin instead of diapers? I realise if use diaper, Zach's buttock and testicle get very red..they can keep the soiled nappy and i will wash it when i go home..

luthadel..thanks for info. Will check it out. like that quite jia lat.. must book so early!!

Imeik0, boi is erratic. sometimes 50mls can last him 3 hours..sometimes, 1.5 hour start calling for milk.

Today I am so annoyed with my MIL. I brought the bb out after his bath and milk at 10am. Told her that he drank his milk at 10am. Guess wat.. she went to warm up his milk at 11am..said that he is hungry!! and he din drink it a single bit! Then she played with him instead of coaxing him back to bed. So at 12pm, he was so fretful and I had to comfort feed him as he refused the milk bottle. At 1pm, she went to warm up his milk again!!!! This time, he drank less than half of it! .. Finally, she had the guts to tell me " I think throw away this milk, looks like he doesn't like it!!!! " Wasted 60 ml of my breastmilk!! Last two days threw away like 200ml already!!

izu
I know it was menses 'cos my bleeding from birth stopperd 2 wks before and at that time it was already very very little, like super light spotting. Then on 20Jan, I felt crampy and very tired, just like how I used to feel before the onset of my period. True enough, it came on 23Jan evening.

I realise elder folks like to say bb is hungry. This morning oso I fed Zach at 8am..9am my mom carry him cos he is cranky and she said that Zach is hungry..i told her no..9.30am, she said the same thing again..i said no, he is not hungry. Hahaha.. actually is cos Zach's diaper is soiled and he feels uncomfortable..imagine, if i really let my mom feed him, Zach will be a 'fei zhu' alr

izu, spaghetti,
ya now i find tat NUK teat is good coz my boy accept it & he finished almost all the milk tat given to him... me so happy coz he has been rejecting Avent teat & fuss/cry whenever i feed him... i'm now using teat size 1 medium hole... btw i also find tat the milk sometimes will leak, is it bcoz the hole too big & the flow too fast? anyway so long as my boy doesnt reject it then i happy liao...

btw, wat's the different with NUK glass & plastic bottle ar? which one u gals using ar?

hey ask u all,

other than IKEA, is there any other place tat selling very nice children's furniture? i went IMM & furniture Mall but theirs not so fantastic but yet expensive ler...

hi all,
Happy Niu Year!!!

I just brought my boy for his 1st dose of Hexa (6in1) jab. Suppose to be last wk before CNY but i scared later he fever during new year so delay 1 wk till now..Bb was showing signs of unhappiness even before the jab! When the needle went in, he scream & cry. But stop after we patpat him! Brave boy!
Now gotto just monitor his temp see if got fever or not...

Sam,
where u taking the Pneumoccocal jab at? $400 seems a good deal if for 4 jabs...Cos I ask my clinic it's $150 per Pneumoccocal jab & Cos i'm also going to send my boy to infantcare so I want him to have the Pneumoccocal jab before he goes to infantcare..means he's got to take 4dose of the Pneumoccocal.

Menses
2 wks ago i had red discharge which i tot is menses..went off in abt 3 days...
Then 2 days ago the red dischage started again...but it's light dischagre...not heavy flow so i think maybe not menses?? cos i still on TBF leh..

infantcare
Luthadel, wow! u book ur infantcare slot so so early in ur pregnancy??!! Yah but its better to book early if we really confirm sending to infantcare. I called up the infantcare in dec & they mention only 1-2 slots left...so i quickly send in my deposit to book the place..

I always get the same response when ppl ask who's going to look after BB when i go back to work & when I say Infantcare, they'll say " aiyo so young put infantcare"... haiz even my doc & gynae...but no choice mah..

Sam / Spaghatti / other mummies on TBF..
is it possible to "overfed" bb if we're on TBF?? I tot TBF means "feed on demand" ...but at 7wks, my boy is 5.9kg! At birth he was 3kg, means he's almost double his wt at less than 2 mths....

pastillies
Ya, I was super kia su about the care for my boy when I've to get back to work as I've no one else who could help to look after him. Don't even mention my MIL, totally out of the picture and can't even change disposable diaper! I get the same response too when asked of that "famous" questions and when negative are said, I'll just ask if they want to look after him instead and they'll all shut up.hahahah...

Menses
My menses has lots of blood clots flowing out on the 1st 2 days. It was so heavy on the first day that it soaked thru 2 overnight super long pads (from front to back)!

Emeraldbride..luckily my boi very reasonable. Full will stop.. geez.. I also say my MIL wanna make a michellin out of my boi.

Luthadel, at least you MIL knows her limit. I took two solid week to teach my MIL how to change diaper, now after 8 weeks..it is still a mess! But she wanna look after. Just now, she can still ask me how come the diaper so lousy, one-sided...*faintz*

Jes: I also use the NUK teats. I bought both size 1 and 2 medium flow. Dunno why..lately it seems like he prefers the size 2. NUK bottles are not BPA free but glass bottles does not contain BPA lor.

emeraldbride, still waiting for the nepia people to get back to me. Hmm...maybe their S size still not in stock?

pastillies, I think mine is probably over-feeding too. He just turned 2 month old and have doubled his birthweight already. Putting on about 300 - 350g per week!

bunnipet, I was also reluctant to let my MIL take care of baby because we have different beliefs in handling the baby. But bottomline, my MIL is doing this out of love for the baby and will always put the baby's interest as top priority mah.

Spag, they din revert when the stock will arrive hor? Nvr mind, i still hv 2 more weeks in Malaysia so dun need to use it yet. My stock of diaper in SG can still hold for 2 weeks (i tink)

I oso sending Zach to infantcare and when they noe there are 10 babies and 4 nannies all were like "enuf meh? so many babies so little nanny..?" so i said is better to be at infantcare at least i can go down n visit him anytime of the day..juz take the lift from 22nd to 1st floor will do..keke

Bunnipet
Aiyo my MIL dun know still act as though she knows. I only come to realise that she don't when my boy's clothes was wet and when I check his diaper, it just dropped out!. Then that time when she came over to our place to look after him so that we could go grocery shopping, she spilled the Pre-prepared milk poweder and when I ask if she spills a lot, she said no. When she left the kitchen and i rinse the tablecloth, the water was milky in colour....so you can imagine how much she spills and yet denied and ended up feeding my son super diluted milk. No wonder he cries for more within the hour!

Thats why I dun dare to let her take care of him just in case she again cover up anything that has happen to him and pretend that everything is ok. I hate all these shit of covering up.

Spaghetti... I do agree with you. I always tell my hubby " i know your mum will never harm boi but it is the unintentional part that may harm him instead lor". The thing is if she is confident in caring for the baby, I am not so worried. The fact that she knows she is not confident but yet wanna look after, can often be a cause for concern.

Luthadel, when it comes to covering up, both sound very similar. If can cover up, quickly cover up. However, when it comes to food for her precious grandson, she wouldn't mess around with it. One thing good about her is that she "cares" for me and her grandson's milk factory status. haha!! She helps to wash some of the milk bottles and if the milk becomes less oily, she will comment on the quality and will go buy ngoh fish for me. Then she always ask me " is it time to pump milk? better go if not next time less lor!"

BTW, she once used scotch-tape to tape the diaper onto my son!!

bunnipet, ur MIL is quite caring in that sense leh..and very cute in using scotch tape to tape the diaper..hahaha!

My mom oso very worried abt my milk quality. During confinement, milk was abit yellowish cos i ate fish very often and then when i was alone, din get to eat any so milk abit white, she saw and asked..then next day she steam a whole fish for me..and after tat is everyday fish!..hehehe so that their grandson can get all the gud stuff.

Back