(2008/09) Sep 2008

rlrenn,

Ur gal attending lessons at LNT? I suppose to attend the preview session last week but last min cannot make it. Did you find their teaching methods good? I was also wondering to let Pierre attend anot as my boi cannot concentrate on one thing for long like to roam around.

snowyee: I cant compare with other schools coz LNT is the first school i enrol her in. But overall, my gal enjoyed very much. she will dance with the music and can even sing a few words. Their games are quite interesting and believe can catch kids attention. My gal is a super active gal who cant sit still too.. but surprisingly she can sit there n enjoy the whole lesson.. but... that only last for 1 term.. haha.. the last term i sign up, during the last few lessons she started to roam ard liao. I think teachers play a part too coz recently they keep changing teachers..thats why i stop now. I tik u can try Pierre for 3 lesson (eng, chinese, jap) to see if he enjoys..

Hi mummies,

Our little ones are already 18 mths old! How fast!
happy.gif

Just like to have a feel how many of us are still making home cooked porridge or meals to bring out for our little ones, or you already pretty much don't bother since they can have normal outside meals and since it's only for the weekends?

rlrenn,
Ic, my boi also like ur gal, can't sit still. Seems interesting hor..I've yet to attend their preview session, suppose to go last weekend but last min couldn't make it. Is Jap a compulsory to take?

One of my friend also recommend me this school Julia and gabriel centre for learning(JGCL). Heard it's always full hse, need to registered few mths before enrolment..they hv different programs target for various age group, just like those PG and nursery too..another consideration too.

Hi chillicrab,
I'm still making home cooked porridge/rice n soup during weekends for my boi..thou a bit cumbersome to bring out but I hope to let him have a nutritious meal at least cooked by mummy..hee

Hi mummies,

Sorry to gate-crash your thread. I have 2 packets of unopened Pet Pet Diapers (L-size) & 2 packets of unopened Mamy Poko Value Pull-up Pants (L-size) to sell.

Please PM me if you are interested to buy them.

Thank you!

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Snowyee11</font>
hey hey... u enrolled ur boy in Cheri Hearts JustKidz? It was a sch of my consideration too coz my ILs stayed at Blk 710. But they have since shifted to Westwood, so i had no choice but to register at Carpe Diem instead... at Blk 739.

<font color="ff0000">On JG</font>
My boy is currently attending JG. He was with them since last yr Jul i think.</font>

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

Hi Mummies,

Great to hear that many mamas here are pregnant again and some have given birth, doing well and 1.5 yrs down the road, this forum is still here and welcoming new mums!

I am also 4.5 months pregnant too
happy.gif
A boy this time. It has been a wonderful 19 months journey with my elder daughter, from turning over to crawling to standing up and now bouncing around like every rightful toddler should be.. I was just speaking to my husband, reliving what have we really done these 19 months!? Classes, swimming, outings, toys and books, milk and diapers.. whee.. it is all coming back again! Though it is a tad bit frightening to have to go through infanthood with my 2nd baby again, I still fondly remember the days when Scarlett attended julia gabriel.. all the gym classes and when we talked much about enrichment and preparing for preschool.

Scarlett went for 3 terms of playnest at julia gabriel from 6 mths until 14 months then started her daily 3 hour playgroup at san lorenzo montessori at 17 months.

My ILs often questioned why I started Scarlett so early in the past and how they think the experience will scare the child. They are now both happy grand parents, my girl calls out to them 'ah ma and ah gong' confidently, is unafraid to go out shopping with them alone and my girl is their very comfort and joy, dancing to music and singing a little on the CD her school provided us.. They now happily endorse and encourage their friends to start their grandchildren early!

In all, I am happy to see that she has grown into a pretty sociable baby, unafraid of new surroundings and mostly importantly, gain her own sense of independence and confidence. I am glad that I had went through the trouble to send her to classes, mix her around with kids her age and older, allow her to fall,tumble and pick herself up, start her on self-feeding early, spilling food everywhere.. It is tiring, but what a great journey
happy.gif

She will be attending Bethesda Katong Kindy next year, and I can already see all the worksheets coming!

<font color="aa00aa">chillicrab (chillicrab) - I am still making all of Kieran's meals from scratch - porridge, soup with rice, pasta etc. Pass the day's portion to my ILs in the morning to feed him, or bring the food out in a termos flask if we dine out on weekends. I don't add salt to his food, but use salt-free herbs and spices, and add pounded anchovies, scallops, dried shrimps etc.

However, he does snacks on stuff we eat and i am not too particular with that, as long as these are in moderation and he still has a proper main meal.
happy.gif
He is starting on childcare from May, so breakkie &amp; lunch would be provided by them from then on.</font>

Bigtoes/Chillicrab - am also still cooking little e's food. but i have started adding light soy sauce or brovil to it, so that its slighlty tastier. My mum will usually cook for him on weekdays using soups she boil.

Wow . Kieran's stating school in May! where?

Scarlett &amp; Dean - Congrats! i assume Dean is what the new additions name will be. Like james Dean. handsome type

<font color="aa00aa">breadmum (breadmum) - I am guilty of sometimes adding a tad of oyster sauce to the stirfry veggies as well. I try to keep it healthy, but less fussy now that he is bigger and exposed to more outside food.

Starting school - yes, he starts on 3rd May! This is at one of the branches of First Skool (by NTUC) near my MILs place. Very basic childcare, but the only one closer to my ILs place. Signed him up for the 7am-7pm (full day) session, but will most prob be there from 8am-4+pm, when my ILs will pick him up.</font>

Hi Mommies,

Cheap Huggies for Sale

Huggies ultra - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies pullups - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies comfort (red) - $15 per pkt
Huggies dry (blue) - $15 per pkt

Collection at Punggol/ Toa payoh (fri evenings &amp; sun mornings) / Amk (prearranged) / Pasir Ris ( prearranged) / Science Centre (prearranged)/ IMM (prearranged)

Hi mummies,

Long time no talk. Congrats to those mummies who are pregnant with no.2, 3 or 4!

Leraine has started childcare this week @ Presbyterian Community Services which she is in the same school with her elder sister. So far she has been crying on n off and behaving quite ok as days passed, probably getting used to it. She is one of the youngest in her class being an Aug 08 toddler. Most of her friends upgraded from their infant care so they are used to the environment. I hope she will be ok by next few weeks.

my boy doesnt seem liek like to eat rice.. he always eat a bit. how do i get him to eat rice cox since he doesnt want to eat rice, need to cok porrige twice a day for him. and i just started feeding baby K with scotts lucky he intake if not the whole bottle will be a waste

SORRY TO INTRUDE. PAGING FOR EVELYN &amp; ALICE

FOOD CUTTER PAYMENT - PLS PAY BP ORG BY THIS WEEK - SHE ALREADY PLACED ORDERS FOR US

Collection Method
Free postage for all cutters

Please top-up additional $2.25 for registered mail.
(Highly recommended as we will not be held responsible for any mails lost in transit.)

Payment
~ Please proceed to transfer to DBS Savings Plus 100-1-026243 once you have posted your order.
(Indicate your SMH nick when you are using IB)
~ As this is a pre-order BP, no confirmation is required.
~ Email to [email protected] or PM us your SMH nick, payment details and mailing address once you have done the payment.
~ All payments must be received within 24 hours after the BP is closed.
~ NO PAYMENT = NO ORDER
~ In the event of OOS, we will give you a refund.
~ No cancellation after payment is made.

1. icylemon - PAID
2. jellypurin - PAID
3. vanilla_pod_2 - PAID
4. BigFlamingo
5. nickypower
6. evelyn (sept thread)
7. alice (sept thread)
8. springles
9. ypg
10. ypg's friend

PLEASE DO NOT POST UR TRANSACTION DETAILS ON BP THREAD. THANKS

hi ladies,
haven't been here for a while. saw that many mummies here are preg with #2 or #3.. Congrats! Hope that all mummies and babes are doing well.

How about gathering for a playdate? anyone keen? We can go to Polliwogs at EastCoast. Next week?
http://www.thepolliwogs.com/

Hi, I'd like to seek advice how and when is the appropriate months to teach a bb to self-feed? oso, when is the right time to let her eat rice and do we put every types of cooked ingredients onto the rice or let bb choose dishes she wants to eat? my girl is now 16-mth and we still spoonfeed her porridge and cereal.

<font color="aa00aa">Autum (autum) - Yes, count me in for a playdate session on weekends as well
happy.gif

onsansg (onsansg)- think most of our toddlers (18-19 mths) can self feed now, with some mess. My son does know how to self-feed (messily), though we hardly ever let him do so cos its too slow &amp; 1/2 the stuff end up elsewhere! He starts childcare next month, &amp; while the teacher will help out in the beginning, he is eventually expected to know how to self-feed. On feeding rice, i think as long as they know how to chew sufficiently, have sufficient teeth &amp; shows interest, anytime after 12+ months is ok?</font>

Sasa,
Carpe Diem blk 739 also my consideration that time but my hubby prefers Cherie Hearts and moreover it's nearer to my MIL, just in case we need her to fetch my boi next time, more convenient for her.

Scarlett,
Congrats to ur 2nd BB, actually I enjoyed my preggy days cos' was treated like queen, everything also no need me to do..:p

Sasa/Scarlett,
Or so both ur kids attended lessons at JG, so do you find their methods of teaching good? I'm also not sure if I shld start my boi as he is already attending full day PG now. Seems like too much for him to take at this age.

big toes,
Is kieran taking variety of food now? If so he maybe used to the Childcare meals. Not like mine, seems to lost interest on the food(porridge/rice) I cooked for him. Guess the food at CC is much tastier..

onsansg,
For me, I usually cooked soup and pour onto the rice, for e.g, add carrot, potato and veg and spare ribs, add water then cook. If u wan tastier, can add some spring onions(yellow colour type). Easy and convenient to prepare.

Re:self feed
My boi like big toes's boi can self-feed but with a mess too..very stress when I feed him cos' he always wan my spoon and bowl..so i give him an empty bowl with spoon to roleplay..on the other hand, I feed him with the porridge..I only allowed him to self him when he's taking his honeystars cereal with his no mess bib..) U may like to start ur gal nw if she's goin cc soon.

Autum,
Like to go for the outing but this weekend alry packed with photoshoot and BB shower. Hope next time can join u gals.

<font color="aa00aa">snowyee (snowyee11) - yes, he eats everything &amp; anything...of cos he has a preference for outside food and all the sweet stuff. I don't think he would reject childcare meals, but think he would end up self-feeding rice with his fingers cos its the quickest way into his mouth
happy.gif
Now, when i let him self-feed his fruits, he would say "eat one only" (as in to put one into his mouth at a time), but then, would use both hands &amp; keep stuffing everything in until the plate is empty! End up i have to feed him directly, or put one piece at a time on the plate.</font>

hi all

m new on this thread

my boy is coming 19 months but he still doesn't want to self-feed. tried letting him feed himself but everytime after 2 or 3 mouths he doesn't want to do it anymore n i have to feed him, any advise?

also, do we still have to wash their milk bottle with baby bottle soap or we can actually wash them with our normal dishwashing liquid already?

Big toes,
mine same lor..end up using his fingers to pick up the rice from the bowl and stuff everything in his mouth..seems tat their behaviour quite similar at this stage hor =)

tslittleone,
for me, I'm using the normal dishwashing to wash his utensils but baby bottle soap for his milkbottles cos' I bought alot that time so don't wan to waste it.

Hi mummies,

Scarlett is self feeding, in fact she doesn't want us to feed her at all! It depends on the food on the plate or in her bowl, if its potatoes or cookies, we could just leave her on her chair and she'll finish it all.. Porridge and soupy noodles, sometimes only.. we usually don't force her to eat or chase her around. We feel that she has to learn that food will only come if she is properly seated. If she is full, she'll usually just refuse to eat anymore, but if she is still hungry, she'll usually stay on the chair, but will do monkey actions to get our attention. Lol.

seem like some have started to have their child self feed. as for me i dun really dare to try with porrige as i think half of it will be gone.
But have tried put slices cut strawberry on the bowl or honey stars, end up he will want to stuff everything inside his mouth

as for rice mixed with cut veg and soup any ojne can teach me how to train him to eat.. as i have tried he takes very long time to eat and he doesnt really like to eat rice

Hi mummies,
How are you??

Jayden still not walking steadily, now already 19 mths. But he has improved alot, just that he's super "kan chiong". So walking like almost running then all of us are afraid he'll fall.

Got false alarm this morning, bleed slightly then thought going to pop and hubby gotta rush back from work. In the end, haha.. Hubby left for work again. Think baby don't like the date 13th April.

Snowyee,
Have you went for the photoshoot, post some pics once it's ready ok? I miss the promo lor, forgotten about it until 2nd april.. hahha. So your boy is in CC now? Full day? How is it? Btw, why don't you get the Childlife Vitamin C from drugstore.com? I order 2 bottles, after calculation i think more then $10 difference.

Bigtoes,
Wow, kieran is starting full day CC next month? I don't think I'll send Jayden to full day, but I'm still sourcing for playgroup. Baby's popping any minute but I haven't got a name yet. Haha, any chance there will be a mistake in the 20weeks scan? I'm really hoping for a baby girl. Can name her Jewel or Kimberly.. haha. But Hubby says quite impossible as they took pic of the "balls". hai..

Oh, Keiran is so smart. Can say " eat one only" haha.. Jayden only 2 words, like "it's mine", but he can say Isaac Kor Kor, so Ian also jealous coz he can't call Ian yet. haha

Hi Koras,
I think my boy same same as yours.. If there's food in his bowl like honey stars, etc.. he tends to stuff everything in his mouth.. then sometimes puke lor.. But Jayden is quite a fussy eater.. It's a nightmare when it comes to his feeding time.. When he see us approaching with his bowl, he'll try to run away or make noise. Can feed him for more then an hour.. And he eats a very small portion only.. Hai

kel- mine when i ask him if he want to eat or drink milk, he will say ng, but slow in talking, can say byebye(though sound abit like papa) and call papa. tell him say mama doesnt want to or other words. guess either he lazy or taking his own sweet time.

whenever we or my parents eating even he finish his meal, he will want to nib a bit and greedy la. give him those the brand is tasty bscuit stick, we even break it half he will also try to stuff all into his mouth

recently been bitting on the bottle teats. have to keep changing a bit shiong sia. think i gng to buy those water bottle for him to drink his water

<font color="aa00aa">snowyee (snowyee11) - I guess they are all the same - when its yummy fruits and snacks, they don't need any encouragement to self feed. I don't let K self-feed at home for his main meals, but he does ok outside (hah, cos then i don't have to clean up the spillage). Anyway, my niece didn't know how to self feed at all when she started CC, but learnt to within the couple of weeks, so don't have to worry too much about it
happy.gif

kel (optimus_ke) - Yah, he starts full day next month. I wanted 1/2 day initially, but my ILs are going on holiday in June &amp; and there won't be anyone to take care of him, so might as well. In anycase, the timing is flexi, so most prob my FIL will pick him up by 4+pm rather than 7pm.

On talking, K started v early at 7-8 months &amp; hasn't stopped since &amp; with all that practice, can manage quite lengthy sentences now. Sometimes, hubby &amp; i seriously miss the peace &amp; quiet. The only time he is quiet is when he is drinking milk, focusing on pooing, or sleeping!

Have u shortlisted some names for baby yet? Maybe decide which suits him best when you see him face to face
happy.gif

Koras - i think a water bottle for water is way easier - then they don't have to lie down to drink.</font>

hi mummies,

my girl still does not really speak but like to point to things she wants or scream to get her attention. I have tried to explain/tell her but it does not seem to help. Is there any suggestions? Dr has asked us to go back in 3 months' time for review.

Re : Playdate
Think let's keep this open for a while as most mummies seem pretty busy.

Bigtoes
Do be prepared for the crying when K starts CC. Most kids cry 2wks, some longer. I think only a handful doesn't cry. Hopefully your K is the gutsy type! I already tell myself that when I send my girl next time, she will surely cry the house down!

Koras,
get those water bottle with hard straw type. Last time with my elder boy I got those soft straw and he end up chewing the straw so also got to spend money to replace! Ha. With my girl, we still started her with soft straw but she herself rejected that. Instead she drinks better with hard straw so it's more money- saving gor us!

Re: speech
My girl is very talkative. Can say many things n speaking in short sentences. For those slower in speech, I think don't have to worry too much. Think even up to 3yrs not speaking is also ok. Just keep talking to your child. Even though he may not respond now but he still absorbs whatever u talk to him about. Then once he starts to speak, all the words will come tumbling out!

Kel,
saw your post on vit c. I give those multi vit gummies to my kids. Been giving my 18mth girl since she turned 1yr but I dun give every day. Give as and when. I heard that Delrosa is very good vit c supplement but I never tried that.

Tslittleone
we still use those bottle liquid cleanser for milk bottles n teats. Even for my elder boy who still drinks from bottle at 3yrs old. For bowls and cutlery we just use normal dishwashing liquid.

koras,
For rice, the portion u give is its alot? Usually I give around half a bowl plus the cut veg/meat and soup. I guess usually will take longer time to finish bah cos' need to chew, not like previously take porridge, just swallow.

kel,
So bb will pop out anytime loh..
I gg for the photoshoot this weekend, ya will post some photos here aft tat.

Ya, can order the Vit C from the overseas spree much cheaper. But abit inconvenient for me lor, cos I cannot post there so everytime need to PM through the organiser to post for me.

Yes, P alry in full day cc now, been there for 1 mth plus. I think he's reali enjoying himself there cos' he is the youngest among the PG, so the korkor and jiejie all hv to take care of him. Hee..I think he’s also sleeps more cos’ prev. in the IFC, he seldom sleeps or take very short naps.

Re: Talking
P knows a lot of words but can oni say two words but he can understand what I told him to do.. Guess he is absorbing now bah…so we just have to keep talking to them..

<font color="aa00aa">Autum (autum) - Yes! am prepared for some crying but hopefully not too much. I know some can keep crying for up to a month or cry till they puke! Scary
sad.gif
The CC only allows for 3 days for 1 person to accompany him, and that's it. Kieran is rather socialble &amp; is the type who would walk up to stangers &amp; say Hi and stuff, so i am hoping he won't be too bad.

Rabbit - yes, you just need to keep talking. They are absorbing like a sponge now, and everything will come tumbling out one day! That happened for my neice as well....alot of blabbering which we didn't understand, then suddenly, everything she said made sense!

Liquid washing detergent - am still using the baby wash (Tollijoy) for bottles &amp; stuff, simply because i like the bubblegum smell! I think best to continue washing milk/water bottles with baby detergent?</font>

hi, my bb at 16-mth only has 4 upper teeth and 2 lower teeth. that means, not ready to eat rice yet, right? estimately, how many teeths that only can we try to let them munch food and fruits? right now, i still spoon feed her solids and also mix grated fruits into her cereal. it makes me think, like bb eating rojak in a bowl..

hi autumn and bigtoes,
thanks, guess i will keep doing that..can't help worrying.

hi onsansg
my gal has 1 teeth each on her right upper and lower jaws (4 front above and below) and cannot eat meet. Dr told me it is alright since need more tooth to start chewing. As for rice, i introduce alittle to her. also gave her some biscuits, fruits for her to try to munch.

Hi Mamyvelle,
Yes, I've already requested many times and even called up but they said will looked into my request till now cannot post leh. So sad
sad.gif

mummies here, anyone can help me to post to below overseas thread? I ordered (3 bottles of Sambucol Black Elderberry Extract for Kids) and paid for $45 on 13 April to this organiser and PM her twice, till now no reply as I did not see her posting my order in the thread. Can help me to post to her thread if she has received my payment and order? Thks.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2546558.html?1271123158

Bigtoes, not too worry. If ur boi is quite sociable, then shld adapt fast. Maybe can ask ur IL to bring K to the CC he will be going to more often, and let him know he will be gg there everyday next time to learn new things, make new friends..so when he is starting next mth, he will feel more comfortable to go there and dun cry so much.

onsansg,
Maybe can let ur gal try abit of soft rice, see if she likes..mine nw has 4upper and 4 lower teeth, and 4 big teeth(1 each) on upper and lower jaws.

Hi mummies thank u for your advice, shall just continue using baby bottle soap for milk bottles.

btw, how much milk does your 18-19 mths old drink? my boy recently drink only 100-120ml milk (he used to drimk abt 180ml, 3 times a day). is it normal and ok for him to drink so little milk?

also, how many times and how much nap/sleep do your little one gets and how's the timing like?

Rabbit
dun worry too much about your gal not talking. my PD told us the most important thing is their intention to communicate. s long s they r trying to communicate, the speech will come eventually. so yep keep talking to your gal, she may not be speaking it out but she is definitely absorbing whatever u r talking to her.

koras
have u tried giving rice with soup? my boy also dun really like to eat rice and he'll keep the rice in his mouth n takes a long time to swallow it down. but he would eat rice rather fast whenever i mix it with lots of soup.

Back