(2008/09) Sep 2008

SarahMay,
Yes most stations got lifts. I'm referring to the steps outside MRT station, but i do see that there are some stations with the stroller alley.
My station doesn't have this alley, luckily it's only a few steps if not i will always need help fm guys,esp next time when bb is even heavier.

flos - u mean we cant apply too much ru yi oil de? er guess i ate b4 baked beans and fried onions any way i going to stop BF le as my MS is dropping. but should i get medicine from doc to stop it?

ava-pm me your address ba

my boy coming two mth old now drinking 180 ml of milk isnt too much for him as we tried to feed him 150ml not enough for him to drink

wingkei- try to stand for yourself now and think for your child. if really cant stand your HB, bring him over to your mum place to stay for a period of time to see how things goes by

sarahmay: macau is a great place to bring up kids.

koras: i hv no idea how to stop either. I'm going to stop at 8 weeks too after his 6-in-1 jab. I'm really tired pumping and sterilising the pumps, and waiting for maid to warm up the EBM.

180ml for your bb?! WOW! Isaac is only drinking half!

I just threw away 20ml of my EBM cos he couldn't gobble it up. He fell asleep...just as well...I've been carrying him all day long. As he gains weight, I'm feeling the strain on my wrists and forearm.

Escalators: We didn't wanna take the escalator but at Vivocity, it's more convenient & nearer to take the escalator than the lift at certain sections of the mall. It's the way the mall is designed.

Millie: yup, even the heavy P3 has this problem. My diaper bag and grocery bags weighed on the back and tend to cause the stroller to fall backwards.

HEATY BODY: I'm wondering if u all are feeling very hot after your confinement? I used to be on the 'cool' (YIN) side, but after giving birth, my body constitution has never been the same again. I keep turning on the aircon and wearing boxer shorts at home cos I'm perspiring all day long. MY CL told me it's cos I'd 'bu' very thoroughly during my confinement.

flos- last time i also find it very toublesome to keep pumping now i just latch him on demand easy. i already keep my pump and bottles liao le. ya he drink a lot sia i think soon those normal bottle need to changed liao hehe.

any way when do we remove baby mittens?

Ava,
Hubby told me we have to accompany his dad to visit some relatives over the weekend, as his dad purposely came in from Msia.. so sorry that I have to give the gathering a miss.. I better take out my name, so can open the slot to another mummy.

NEL gathering @Ava's: 2 Nov, Sunday afternoon (3-5pm)
1. Ava + 3 kids
2. Bigtoes(limay) + Dracwy + Kieran
3. Mei + hubby + Devon
4. Isa_belle + Gabbie
5. Jojobar + hubby(maybe)+ Marcellus
6. Lanolin + Bo + Declan
7. Bacon & egg and family
8. KymKym + Hub (maybe) + Scarlett
9. koras+ kaylen+ hubby

Dear Wingkei,

Yes, I support LC, shazz and koras too, just take your bag and go, take a few days off.

Pls Pls Pls come to our gatherings!

Do whatever makes you happy, really.. before you break down..

There's nothing scary to just take a few days off.. do it for your baby, he needs a happy mother, a happy childhood

Dear Shazz,

I just bought a combi for light outings and the first day i used it, it toppled twice!!... ..

<font color="0077aa">Millie, glad baby is ok, yah, don't put too heavy things behind.
happy.gif

Wingkei: Just do it! Take a cab &amp; off you go to your parent's place!

Koras: 180ml is alot!!</font>

storeberry- er ya lo. starting give him 150ml he ok. but after a few day he want more then 150 ml. but my PD say if he can drink more can just give him

storeberry &amp; shazz,
Try shopping at Gap..i could fit into a M!! U girls could probably fit into a XS or S
happy.gif

Flos,
Dont have to give up skinny jeans or low waist jeans..try Esprit jean..i could fit into one of those regular straight cut jeans..
happy.gif
Went shopping today..got myself a new blouse, a tee and a pair of pants..getting ready for work soon

Ava,
Like to indicate my attendance as tentative as my hubby is down with flu, cough and sore throat..if he doesnt recover by Friday..dont think we should go..dont wanna spread the virus esp with bbs ard. Sorrie for the inconvenience.

Stroller,
I find it v daunting to push a stroller towards &amp; getting off an escalator. Fear it might just get struck and jam up the whole crowd..at Lok's place, i spent almost 30mins just opening the P3 stroller and another 15 mins to close it! Too heavy..

nelc (nelc): you can try Huggies Ultra in S for your baby cos the cutting is rather small. For my boy, when I see red marks on his thighs, or there's a little bit of space left on the area where we stick the velcro or tape, it would means it's getting too small, or if it's too big, I can usually see thru the gaps between the thighs and the diaper. My boy is still able to wear Nepia NB (cutting is big) but still too small to fit into Pampers S. He can fit into Pureen Dry 5 Small (just nice) and now Fitti S (a little loose but won't leak). Another way is of course to follow the weight recommendation stated on the diaper package.

bacon&amp;egg: I hardly shop at Gap and Espirit, guess it's good to pop by! I usually shop at Zara, MNG and some local designer shops, guess the cutting is smaller.

KymKym: i think with light strollers, we can't hang anything heavy on the stroller. For shopping trips, just bring our Peg Perego.
happy.gif
which combi stroller did you get? how much? was contemplating either a Combi or MaClaren Quest.

hi shazz,
i have a maclaren quest, a combi and a kiddico (was a gift). the quest is good but baby can only use it when they reach 9 mth old. i don't have the habit of hanging things on the stroller after it toppled over previously so not sure. but as a general rule, you shouldnt hang anything behind the stroller that's heavier than the bb's weight. also, when you wanna get the quest, make sure you open it up and try pushing it with bb inside. coz when i bought mine previously, i only tried pushing it for a short distance like 3m and did not realise that the wheels alignment were off. meaning when i push it around outside, the wheels kept going towards the left instead of going straight. so i had to keep pushing it back.

shazz,
me too!! bust area bigger, tummy super round and flabby, arms also the same. these days i keep wearing the same old thing.

nelc,
no prob. that's to let you know that we all are absentminded once in a while.

teacher mummies:
i finished up with my 8 weeks (56 days) and am now taking the extended ML until 14 Nov. then whatever leave i have left, i will take in jan then take NPL until term 2 begins. i'm thankful that my P and HOD are supportive and have no probs.

16 weeks consecutively means what?? i have to take it during dec also???

wingkei,
i certainly hope your hb doesn't find out about you coming online to talk abt this coz i'm so sure he'll bar you from using the comp then. i'm happy to learn that you retaliated by raising your voice at him. and also you are wonderful to be doing so much at home. ignore his stupid comments and go where you want, eat what you want, do what you want. he is crazy. i really think you should bring the bb to your parents' place to visit. if he is out working the whole day, how will he know where you've been? you can also choose not to tell him right? i hope things turn out much better b/w you and your hb.

<font color="aa00aa">gathering in the east

Venue: Dome at parkway parade
Date : 30 oct thurs
Time : 2pm

Hv made reservations for 15pple with babies.
My contact is 98270284.

Any mummies free to attend the gathering are welcomed!

See ya! </font>

alabone (alabone): thanks so much for your tips on Quest! will definitely bring bb to try it out before buying, must make sure he'll sit in it!
happy.gif

I'm still wearing clothes which I can wear during my preggy days.
happy.gif
They're the only clothes that makes me feel better, hehe, cos make tummy look so flat and small! haha

wingkei- just come for the outing then after that go to your parent house to stay for a few days. even he call you to asked where are you do not answer his call, make him really worried about your and baby. Do let your parents know about it and if your HB call your parents house, ask them not to tell them you are staying over there. See if he really worried and care about you

<font color="0000ff">Koras
gosh.. ur bb taking in 180ml??? Mine is still drinking 120ml for the longest time and he's already 2mths 2 wks... No intention of topping up coz he doesnt seem to be able to finish it at times...

How much are u able to yield now? I would suggest dun take med if u wanna stop wor. juz let it dry up naturally... I'm oso intending to stop coz its getting very inconvenient esp when i wanna go out or go overseas. I dun feel engorged these days esp after I pass my pumping time. so guess its a sign tat it's drying up le..

Flos
y u wanna stop bf le... muz persevere. I've got so little yet still pushing on.. jia you!!!</font>

Stopping bfg:
Just stretch the interval slowly and don't completely empty your breast. The ss will slowly dwindle off. For FB, I stopped completely in abt 1.5 weeks. Just before stopping, I was doing 8 hrly interval and each yield is abt 360ml. Then I reduced it to 2 pump sessions and then 1 and finally stopped.

Going up/down escalator:
It looks daunting but can do after some practice. Always remember to hand the rail with one hand, so that you don't lose your balance. I use a combi and used to manage my diaper bag, stroller with bb even when i'm heavily pregnant.

Alabone,
Can u post the link to the groundrules for maid again? Once bitten, twice shy. Need to have groundrules written in black &amp; white.

STROLLERS ON ESCALATOR

MUMMIES, Dont' ever risk it by bringing the strollers up the escalator with babies in it. My friend's 3 month old baby fell out of the stroller when the wheels of her combi stroller got stuck on the wheels when they reach the top. Luckily, the baby fell on the side onto the floor and the PD had done a check on him and said he was ok. No side effects like vomitting and all. Still, it was really a scary and near fatal accident, and should not have happened. Apparently, the baby slide out from the front barrier when the father tried to push the stroller out of the escalator. After I hear about this, I vow never to use the stroller on the escalator. It's better to take the longer route to the lift then to risk our precious gem's life.
I also got a Combi stroller, and used to like its lightweight feature, but felt that it is too flimsy and going to collapse anytime. I went to buy an umbrella stroller so that i can bring rachael out on my own, but can only use it when she is 6 months old. Now, i carry her on BabyBjorn carrier, and she loves it. Thinking of getting a spare stroller, and selling away the Combi.

MOrning mummies!!!

Today posted my lil boy with my ILs so now left with bb girl...one child. easy peasy...for now.kekeke...

Going up and down escalator.
o i do that too. yah takes practice but i know it's adviced against. i think PP has a sign that discourages parents from using the escalators while pushing srollers/prams.

OUting
OKOK...i'll be there but im praying it wont rain. coz if it rains im stuck. theres no rain shelter at my place and the road is far off even with cab.

but am excited bringing my girl out for a jaunt. think im neglecting her a bit. havent talk to her as much as i should.most of the time, i'll be nursing/changing her and chatting/screaming at my boy..my poor lil sausage bun...

wingkei
why dun you just take bb and go???once you overcome the initial inertia, it's a breeze! it's like overcoming your fear of talking back to your hb the first time!!! it's exhilarating and liberating!!hahahaha...

go out, go for walk, go parents'...etc

stef and sean bbs.
you told the manager 15mummies with bbs!!!????

the palce isnt very big leh, you booked the entire restaurant ah?

koras:If I latch I dunno how much he is drinking. But of course, I still latch on and off if he is feeling needy!!

Removing mittens? I hv no clue
happy.gif
Last Sun, after cutting his nails, we cleaned in btw his fingers. His hands were kinda stinko!

sasa: Ive been hving this persistent cold since Tues. I wonder I shd stop BF right away?

ok ok, I'll finish my Fenugreek pills and let him suckle to the last drop of BM...Honestly, I look at my 2 nephews who were on 6 mths TBF (yes I mean really 100% TOTAL), they are perpetually sick and warded for fever and flu during their infanthood and early childhood. So u tell me...antibodies??

On the otherhand, my SIL who TFM (yes 100% TOTAL FM since Day 1), her son is never sick. He is a strong Michelin baby.

bacon&amp;eggs: Esprit and G2000 clothes are too small for m
sad.gif
Like Shazz, I swear by MNG (now too small for me) and ZARA. JEANS: hehe! I prefer Topshop jeans cos majority of UK gals have childbearing hips therefore their cutting is very suitable for me! kekekek...anw, I'll not buy them until I've dropped to the 50's.

shazz: I am wearing my maternity jeans and skirts now. luckily I still hv some large-size non-preggy clothes that I bot when I was very fat in 2005 (58kg!).

Hi,

Remember reading this thread that there are quite a number of catholic here. My son is going to be baptize in OLPS this november, like to know where can i get the christening white gown ?

Stef, dont think I'll be there for the gathering today. Kydric's not his usual self today... didn't want to drink milk after 3 hours (he usually wake up for milk after 2 hours..), and just merlion after drinking a little bit of milk only.. So, I'm a little worried....

alabone, yup that's what the circular said. But I sure hope my P's gonna be kind and let me take the remaining ML next year.

jo jo, is it necessary to get the christening white gown? I'm just thinking of dressing him in all white.

flos,
Thks. Exactly what i'm looking for.

lilboymum,
I also feel like I'm neglecting jonas (compared to joshua). He is listening to me either scolding or watching tv with kor kor. I only get to talk to him a little during the day as he is asleep 90% of the time.

Jas,
How did the wheels get stuck? And how did the bb manage to fall out if properly buckled up and also with the front barrier in place? Did your friend adjust the seatbelt such that it's a good fit? Usually, I will press the Combi stroller down such that the front wheels are slightly lifted to facilitate getting off the escalator. Of cos, we try to use the lift whenever possible but there are just some places that are not "well-equipped".

<font color="0077aa">MNG clothes are nice!! But it may be a while before I will step into the shop! Haha!

I can fit GAP S or XS?? Keke.. Self-consoling! Might drop by when I pass by it.. Not much clothes for work!

Isabelle: Yah, going to work next week when the nanny is here! Starting work now cos I am self-employed so only have 2mths maternity. Hopefully I won't miss bb too much else I will not have mood to work!</font>

flos - last night as i went back to my house, last middle of the night when i turn to my side my boobs a bit pain liao i know i engoged le. this morning leak out onto my shirt . i didnot know till my HB told me he off to work when i am still sleeping. End up faster wake up change then faster come over my parents house .

Ava- my HB say he will bring his camera along to help us take photo.

sasa- ya mine boy is able to finish 180 ml le. that is a lot right. i told my mum keep it that rate don't make extra for him le. scared later he over weight. i think if i pump only 40-50 le. now i lazy and don't wish to pump out. waste time so i let him latch on demand. but how to let it dry up wor, like the whole night i went home middle of the night already engoged le. no choice to get medicine to stop the milk flow as i might be starting on a new job soon

<font color="0000ff">Koras
hhmm.... if 40-50ml still will feel engorged mah?? i'm not sure leh.. but am going to do like wat Lok mentioned. Slowly drag the pumping hours den gradually it will deplete le.

I dun feel engorged anymore.. so my colleague say might be easy for mi to stop. I juz think taking med is very un-natural and might not be that good leh... not sure</font>

sasa- think if whole night i did not latch or pump will tend to engoged. if i engorge and able to pump up to 100ml. if every 3 hrs i pumo only 40-50. how to natural let it dry. my mum told me to use cabbage leafs over my boobs

Hi Mummies

Went for buffet dinner with hubby and baby last night. hubby went to bring the food for me while I waited with baby who was asleep. but then baby woke up shorlty after I had a few sips of the hot soup and then he started to cry. I had to stop and feed him and then burp him and then he stayed awake thr out and wanted me to carry him.. so thr out the dinner,baby was in my arms while hubby enjoying his buffet and occasionally feed me with some food. Faintz....suddenly felt so sad that can't even have a good dinner with baby around.. perhaps when baby grows older, then can have a proper dinner.

Jo jo - I think you can get it at katong catholic book store along east coast road. I am also intending only to get him dressed in white. Think his baptism will be in Dec at Holy Fam! Haven't registered yet though. Who did u choose for god parents?

Flos - 58kilos is very fat?? I usually (pre-pregnancy) weigh btw 54 - 56 kilos....ahhh... I'm at 59 now but the weight hasn't changed in quite a while.

Clothes

Stefseanshar - i will pop by but maybe without baby as I don't want to wake him up if he is napping and I'm not confident in carrying him in a baby carrier either.
sad.gif
See u later!

Koras - I'll PM u her address!

Lok - Jonas sleeps 90% of the time? Declan sleeps maybe 4 horus btw 7am to 8pm!! It's still a struggle to get him to sleep in the evening and I'm sure we're doing what the books called "accidental parenting" by rocking / carrying him to sleep before we put him down.

Has anyone else tried sleep training on their babies already?

Shazz - I know u have but I don't know how to tahan his crying esp when he screams. Does Eamon shed tears??? When the tears come out, I cannot tahan...will pick him up and comfort him. Sigh...weak mother!

Wingkei - u can bring the baby out when hubs is at work!
happy.gif
I think you are doing a superb job. caring for baby and the house all alone. I'm a loser compared to you...I have helper plus day-time nanny and my friends still think I look damn tired from caring for baby from 6pm to 8am. hahaha....don't let your hubs make u feel any less amazing than u really are! Do talk to a counsellor if needed. A professional may be able to help u more than we can!

Swaddling bag - does anyone know where I can get a THIN swaddling bag? Declan needs to be swaddled at night to sleep better (we experimented the last 2 nights) but the swaddling bags that are on sale are usually too thick for our hot weather (and a sweaty baby).

LC - i'm a first time mom and do feel that my life has totally changed as well....also hoping that when he hits 4 - 6 months, things will get better and I can have a bit bit of my old life back. Sigh.... it's not a easy change for me to adapt to.

sasa - u really intend to stop totally? I am hoping to last at least till 4 months though I got pressure coz my sister breastfed for 18 months!!!!! sigh.

<font color="119911">Hi mommies - brought Kieran to the PD for his 6-in-1 jab yesterday evening. This is the Kidslink clinic at Seng Kang and the PD is pretty good. However, have to be prepared to wait - we had a 7pm appnt for the night clinic (7-9pm), and even then, when we arrived at 7pm, there was already half a dozen kiddies ahead of us, and we waited till 7.45pm for our turn. When we left, there was a queue of at least 10 parents at the counter, waiting to register their sick kids!!

Anyway, Kieran was a brave boy - cried like 2 seconds during the jab, and thank goodness, he has no fever so far. He has also grown alot
happy.gif
- the PD said that his size is about that of a 4 month old! Mommies who have done the PD checkup for your babies - how big are they now? Kieran's length = 56cm, head circumference = 39cm, and weight = 5.5kg at 2 months.

Btw, do your babies have vivid dreams during sleep, and would jerk their hands up in the air occasionally, or make small crying noises?</font>

Bigtoes
My baby went for assessment plus take rotavirus and pneumococcus.
Her length = 57cm, head circumference = 37.5 and weight = 4.4kg at 1 month 3 wks 3 days (6th sept). At birth she is length = 50cm, head circumference = 33cm and weight 3.17kg. I only bf for a month and now FM.

My baby also dream during sleep, she can even suddenly cry, kanna shock herself. MIL say cos "angel" playing with them. =D

My baby have not take 5-in-1 jab, appt on dec.

lanolin - ur bb is not the only one, sometimes my girl can sleep less than 3 hrs during day time! i was also kinda worried.. like ytd at my mum's place, she could not sleep beyond 30 mins each time from 12 noon till 9pm.. when i brought her home, also had to hoax her till 1am then sleep! but she slept thru till 9 this morning.. bathed and fed her and she slept at 10.30 till now.. i think babies will adjust their own sleeping needs.. some days they like to play more, some days they like to sleep more?
happy.gif

dun feel pressure to breastfeed for certain number of months... different mummies got different system.. and like what flos said, doesn't mean TBF is 'foolproof'.. i think alot still depends on your baby's in-built 'defense system'. hehe.. dunno la.. jus my thoughts...

bigtoes - ya my girl does jerk her hands up occasionally also when sleeping.. make funny noises and sometimes even whine and make those 'yang oh' cries in her sleep.. haha..

wingkei - how is everything today?

<font color="119911">wingkei (wingkei) – you can make up some reason to leave the house with baby and then come for the gathering at Ava's this Sunday? Would be good to come by and vent and maintain sanity.
happy.gif
Some daddies would be there as well, including my hubby (dracwy), incase you want more male perspectives.

Btw, Kaitlyn is a beautiful name – that was the name we decided for a girl, before we found out the gender of our baby. If we have a girl down the road, we are planning to call her Kaitlyn!!
happy.gif

Diapers – how come there are so many variants for the same brands? Like Huggies Dry, Huggies Dry Comfort, Huggies Ultra, etc… am quite confused as to their difference, and cant keep track of their pricing anymore. Saw some cheap Huggies in the NTUC advert in the papers today, and even cheaper Pampers at Guardian's advert.

Mommies gathering at the East today – ENJOY!!
happy.gif

Preggy clothes – heh, I have not touched any of my preggy baby doll dresses since delivery. Am back wearing all my regular stuff and went shopping for more clothes (despite what men say, women can never have too many clothes)! Still abit flabby at the tummy area, but not too obvious, thank goodness. And I lost another 0.5kg overnight!

Removing mittens – Mother &amp; Baby mag mentioned removing mittens between 2-3 months old. We just trimmed Kieran's nails and have stopped using mittens so that his fingers smell less, and he starts to practice using his fingers more.

lanolin (lanolin) – Kieran is a champ when it comes to shedding tears when crying. Can soak his whole pillow! And most of the time, its just pretend cry for attention (not hungry or uncomfy or tired etc) – will stop instantaneously the moment I pick him up! And when it happens outside, aunties would think that he is so 'kerlian' and come and KPO. He is at the stage where he wants someone to play and talk to him all the time when he is awake – tiring!!</font>

jasmine- mine also suddently wake up in shock or sometime just cry but eye close. making noise when stretch

lanolin - thanks i receive your pm

nelc- mine last night very cracky. heard my mum mention that from 8pm till around 2-3am then my boy sleep. duno isnt i not around

koras
mine also make noise when stretch. when FIL say she sleep very noisy. haha!

sad! i'm going back home on monday. gonna miss my daughter though she is taken care by my MIL.

lanolin,
I must thank GOD for jonas. Compared to joshua, he's so easy to care for. Hope he stays this way.

Only time he makes noise is when he's hot (just hv to lift him from the cot and he's knocked out again) or hungry. When he's cool and well-fed, basically can leave him alone to kick-box and entertain himself (will look around). Can sleep anywhere too (my bed, his cot, mattress, bouncinette, sofa, car seat etc). He doesn't startle easily cos we have been exposing him to background noise (like TV, our voices, joshua's screams, vacuum cleaner etc etc).

Last nite, I gave him his last feed at mid-nite but his eyes were still big big looking at me. Feeling so tired, i just left him on the cot. Less than 5 mins later when i checked, he's already zzzz..

deciphering baby cries (according to the dunstan baby language theory):
# "Neh" = I'm hungry
# "Owh" = I'm sleepy
# "Eh" = I need to burp
# "Eairh" = I'm gassy
# "Heh" = I'm uncomfortable

post-pregnancy clothes
was SO SO SO disappointed to discover that my maternity jeans are not just still the only jeans that fit me now, but that they are still VERY SNUG as well!

sarahmay, can't believe you actually took up a writing assignment at this time! you v brave lor. i told my contacts i will be out of action till jan at least. is it almost done yet? btw, my bb is a day younger than yours and yes, she's been feeding less than before too; she used to drink up to 130ml per feed but 100ml seems to be more than enough these few days. she isn't sleeping any more than usual though. how heavy is elisha now? mine doesn't seem to have grown much and i'm a little concerned.

angeline, sorry to hear about your grandma. do take care.

traz, nice to see you again. how have you been?

bigtoes, my bb does all of that too. apparently the arms in the air means they are startled (reflex to grab on to something/reach out for mommy). the crying noises – are they like one cry, two cry, nothing? mine does that and sometimes makes lots of other noises too. i'm a v light sleeper so i find myself waking up all the time only to find her stretching/wriggling and grunting etc with her eyes still shut.

hi traZ, nice to hv u back! sorry to hear abt the separation thingy, pls let me know if u need any help.. how's life with 3 kids now? u bet i'm struggling with my 26-mth old spoilt brat and a NB! >__<

Baby Carriers:
Back on this topic. Anybody using an ERGO carrier? Any comments on it? And where to get it cheaply?

sasa de mouse,
How much are u paying for your Baby Bjorn? Is your cousin staying in the US and coming back soon?

Flos, Sasa: think we can all hang in there together! I'm pumping twice a day, each time yielding 80-130ml per session. Only pump before I sleep and when I wake up. Sometimes if I wake up late or only have time to pump after lunch, will feel slightly engorged, but nothing serious. We've all come so far! So fast, it has been 2 mths that we've been breastfeeding our precious ones!
happy.gif

Medication to stop breast milk: I was told this will make our boobies shrink and sag!!

Maltose: I was told to eat this to stop production of breastmilk naturally, one of my fav candy when I was a little girl! It's known as "Mai Ya Tang" in chinese. Can buy from those medical hall or NTUC, only $1.65 I think!

An article on how to wean from pumping.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning-from-pump.html

Back