(2008/09) Sep 2008

<font color="119911">Mei (meie) - Thanks! will tell hubby about the risk of Colic from trapped air from bigger bottles. He is quite practical &amp; don't want me to get too many things, so says this don't need, that don't need :eek:P

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - i think Cheong Choon should stock some playpens, but not sure what brands. Maybe make a trip down to their shop? They don't have all the stock there, but do have a folder with all the brands/pricing.

Address: Blk 34, Upper Cross Street #03-132</font>

Goldfish
I think that block is the one facing Subordinate Courts...like when you travel from Great Eastern Bldg towards CTE (SLE) exit (if u are familiar with this area) ..it's on the right, if you are facing People's Park, but need to walk a bit.

Bigtoes - is that the right block?

Mrs Yap
Hope everything is OK!

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have opened the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

i think cheong choon is the block next to the people's park complex you know the hawker centre + og building. its the next building on the left

mickey,
i am v excited
happy.gif
thanks for the arrangement and update.

cheong choon
do they sell medela pump?

any mommy made a price comparison where we can get the cheaper medela electric pump?

when is the GSS starting? will taka have a bb fair during GSS?

bacon&amp;egg

GSS starting on 23/5 (this friday) and taka bb fair is on august (one of de promoter told me when i went to the last bb fair)

Mummies
Other than Baby hyperstore, Baby avenue, cheong choon which are the places we can find strollers, car seats which are cheaper than kiddy palace..

<font color="0000ff">Mei &amp; Mickey
yah.. tats y i'm feeling kancheong now le.. on my toes coz so many things haven buy yet...

Goldfish
cannot use the streetdirectory le.. try using this webbie instead. it's by SLA de...
http://www.map.gov.sg/StreetMap/

Mrs Yap
hope everything is fine.. dun worry k. mayb u walked too much over the weekend bah... rest well...
happy.gif

Cheong Choon
Do they sell nappies???

Jasmine
wah.. got another taka baby fair?? hhmm... wonder if we would have difficulties going to the fair till den... hehe

oh yah.. i think there's a motherhood fair at expo oso rite....</font>

How much weight are everyone putting on already? For me, 7.5kg @ 22weeks. I'm scared of putting on too much weight, keep telling my hubby that my thighs are like pig...
sad.gif

Mrs Yap: take care &amp; update us after the check up ok? Will be praying for you....

Sa sa: I only bought some milk bottles, baby powder, clothes (quite alot!), baby detergent, cot mobile, wardrobe. Thats about it~! As for cot, pram &amp; baby seat will be later. Steriliser my fren is buying, any other things I should buy? Aiyoo.. so lost leh...

Yday weigh myself after a full dinner, 54.9kg! About 7kg gain! Think today will be lighter.. Haha..

Jamine (Piggy): I heard Taka member sale is this week but non-members no further discount right? So should we wait for Taka fair in Auguest then?

Good day to all mummies-to-be! I'm new here, hope to know mummies here who are like me, having my first BB!

Me now at 24 weeks, having a pretty pink in my tummy. The feeling is really indescribable. Keep thinking abt the time i first knew i was preggie, the excitement never seems to die off!

I've been following this thread for very long, now having a long break so decided to join the forum. Hope that I'm not late! =)

yan: I've also put on around 7 kg @ 24 weeks, didn't noe that I can become so swollen at this time. So scared that by the time i am near EDD, i will look like one huge balloon that can't float! OMG...

storeberry: my tummy also not that obvious too, unless i wear a tight blouse. some aunties still call me "xiao3 mei4" when i buy stuff and food, dunno why it's still not obvious to them, hee...

Cheong Choon
It's just located at the HDB block right beside the OG taxi stand. There's a S11 coffee-shop situated down the block...
I just went there last fri.. You must give the model no. to the lady boss if you are interested to buy from them and they will order and deliver for you (Free delivery for purchases above $150)

Weight Gain:
I have gained 12 kg @ 26 weeks... Scary hor?
I think I can easily put on 20kg throughout the whole pregnancy and walk like a jumbo elephant
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yan
me too!!! abt 8kg le... aiyoh.. scary leh.. but both my hb n in laws are happy abt it.. coz they say i look better now.. faintz...

Mickey
hehe... trying to start.. but dunno where to start. i keep procrastinating. think i muz realli finalize my list of things to buy soon..

Storeberry
wah... hehe... like still got alot of things leh.. think Shazz posted it b4. but i think still got lotsa things like cotton buds, nappy, nappy liners, bath tub, nail clipper.. blah blah blah.. the list juz goes on.. haha...

eh btw... u are really light leh... hehehe.... even after ur weight gain.

Jasmine Lim
Welcome!! hehe... ppl call mi *xiao mei* at times too.. sighz.. all bcoz of our baby face lah.</font>

<font color="0000ff">Elancyl Stretch Mark Cream
Anyone using this?? Watsons got offer now... 2 bottles for $47.30...

Wondering if i need a new bottle.. coz my current one finishing soon le... but i only need 1</font>

hihi.... wah.. u ladies are very efficient..

I still havent decide on which carseat to buy? Any one can give any advise??

Pram, i more or less have settled but just havent buy it yet... still wondering if the chinatown shop will be cheaper than the hypermart.

Mrs Yap,
Hope everything is okie for you.. rest well... and don't think so much..

Thanks everyone for ur ‘directions’ on the Chinatown shop! That is very useful! Hopefully can get the pram and playpen there wor.
Anyone intending to use special ‘mattress’ for bb to sleep huh? Saw this wat ‘babysafe’ brand.. not cheap wor.

Btw, for ‘waterproofing’ effect, how do we go abt it? I saw this blue waterproof mat with small pop-up squares by Pigeon. Is that meant for diaper change or it is meant to slot between the mattress and the mattress cover? I am wondering how to prevent pee leakage and those crap to ‘soak’ into bb mattress. Advices anyone?

And for ‘adult’ like us.. esp nearing due date, in case of waterbag burst in the middle of our sleep (wich is totally gruesome), any idea to waterproof our bed? Can use the baby version one mah? Bt like not beri nice to sleep on it lo?

MRs Yap, do update us aft ur checkup. Hope all turns out to be fine!!!

wow, storeberry's weight now is wad i am before i got pregnant. so envious... My hubby n mil never comment anything abt my weight gain or size which is already a blessing since they are both super skinny and mil sometimes will say something bad abt me being fat without thinking. now my hubby just luff at me when i say my thighs look like a fat pig. so everytime i feel like having ice cream, he will remind me of the thigh, sayin if i want to eat so much ice cream then stop complainin or if i wan to complain, then stop eating so much ice cream.

Weight Gain:

I belong to the more petite small-size mummy group. Abt 3 kg at 21 wks+. For #1, I gain 9kg+ by the time i deliver at 39 weeks. Think it might be a bit less for #2 cos taking care of my active toddler requires a lot of effort.

Anyway, for the mummies who are afraid of excessive weight gain, try to control your sugar intake. And as far as i know, we tend to gain most wt in the 2nd trimester, the rate will slow in 3rd trimester.

Car Seats:
Back on this topic. Mother Works does not carry Britax spares, so if mummies are really interested in the chest clips, must order elsewhere. Btw, the shoulder strap padding for models that doesn't come with the chest clips might be too large and long. Either need to remove the padding or buy replacement set.

Think I might get a Boulevard for #1 ($599 b4 discount) for better mileage (at least can use up to 29kg). Diplomat ($449) will be a good alternative if mummies want a seat that can last up to ~4 YO (18kg). Mother Works anniversary sale until 1 June only (and the sales gal told me they don't participate in GSS).

And I ask them whether they can store it for me until Sep'08 and the salesgal says should be ok (fingers crossed). Hooray!

I just called Cheong Choon and i realised that their pricings are cheaper the hypermart.. going to order from them..

Bigtoes, do we have to go down and order or can do over the phone??

Do they carry car seat there as well??

<font color="119911">yan (bbfam) - i think i am up about 5-6kg (week 24 now). Am hoping for not more than 12-14kg by full term, thou not consciously watching my diet.

skinny pig (skinny_pig) - were u very light to begin with? Most of the light MTBs end up gaining more weight (20+kg sometimes), so no need to be to concerned.

Jaymickey (jaymickey) - we did look around &amp; concluded that the chintown shop is the cheapest for big ticket items like the pram/car seat. Our pram was $470 vs $498 and the car seat was $480 vs $599 at the Kaki bukit shop. You might however, want to check at places like Robinsons during their sale, cos if they do have 20% discount off the same models, then that might end up being the cheapest.</font>

Jaymickey (jaymickey) - just saw ur earlier posting. I went down once to see what they had, and have been ordering thru the phone with Winnie (their lady boss). U just need to pay by cheque/cash when their guy delivers the stock. Yes, they have some brands of car seat - am getting my Britax Meridian delivered this Thurs after work.

sasa de mouse (sasa_xie)
Yup got another one. Cos i wanted to buy the steriliser but she say too early buy then she say aug got taka bb fair lor. Very nice of her right but by that time dunno still able to shop with big tummy ma.

storeberry (storeberry)
I'm not sure about taka member sale wor cos i not member. =) But i know BHG sale is on le.

Sugar Intake - this trimester have been craving for lots of chocolate. only not having sweets or canned drinks or those pearl milk tea. just cannot stop thinking of ice cream and chocolate and cakes. fluid side i only took ribena, soya bean milk and plain water.

Hope i do not gain more than 15kg which is what i told my hubby the most i will gain. otherwise he will be forcing me into vegetarian soon as my ger ger pop!

goldfish, u can try using a mattress protector. it should be good enough.

mrs yap, i hope it's nothing serious. do take care!

Cheong Choon:

I think the price difference is due to GST. Believe CC does not have to charge GST. However, during GSS, some dept stores like Robinsons is cheaper (even more so with the Robinsons card).

storeberry/goldfish,

I think there is no point comparing too much on the wt (whether bb wt or ur own). Depends on the individual. At full term for #1, i was abt 53kg+ and my son was born ~3.4kg. There is no direct straightforward correlation.

Bigtoes.. that's good if i dun have to go down...

As for car seat.. i still havent make up my mind whether i should go for the newborn ones or those from 4 mths onwards so that she can be in it longer..

goldfish,

I intend to buy Aerosleep as a protector.
http://www.aerosleep.com
Came to know abt this through my son's infantcare. Good for preventing SIDS, breathable, anti-dustmite, anti-bacteria. Was only previously available from supplier but Taka is now carrying this too (10% discount until 22 May).

Carseats
Just to add on to Lok's comments above on the carseats from Motherworks. Motherworks also sell the Britax Decathalon, that takes up to 65 lbs or around 30kg. But as compared to the Boulevard, it does not have the Side Impact Protection (SIP). The Decathalon is selling at $499 before 20% discount. Like Lok, I also got the Boulevard.

Btw, Lok, why do you need them to keep for you until Sep? just curious
happy.gif

RXmom,

Too bulky to keep at home for months and definitely don't want to fix it into our Nissan Sunny now....

Lok,

Why don't u let your first born use it first? For me, actually my first born can still stay in his Britax Roundabout, but since the boulevard offers the SIP, and since this seat is for him anyway, will store the Roundabout and let him use the Boulevard once it gets delivered to my place today.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Jasmine (piggy_jas)
oohh... ic ic.. so nice of her to inform u tat there'll be another taka baby fair.. hhhmm... i think by Aug i would not be able to shop le.. stomach would be so heavy and huge.. like carrying a ball around..

skuly by the time the fair start.. i alrady give birth le... hahaha

Goldfish
i bot a baby mattress pad.. to prevent such leakage lor.. for myself.. haven bot yet wor... hahaha

yan
*hi-five*... i'm craving for ice-creams too... last nite juz indulged myself with swensens ice-cream. juz immediately after eating.. my tummy so painful. aiyoh.. den i felt so guilty. haha.. eat too much cold things.. n so chocolatey some more.. but juz cannot take it leh...</font>

RXmom,

Yah, true. That's another possibility.
I was just thinking whether he will be jealous if I swapped it in Sep cos he has been sitting in it since 3 MOs. Over the weekend, I lifted my tee a little to show him my little tummy and telling him abt didi in tummy. He quickly pulled my shirt back down and said no no (hope he won't be a super jealous kor kor).

Goldfish,

I bought disposable protective sheets from Guardian Pharmacy for myself in case the waterbag breaks. Think it was ~$10 for a pack of 10. TMC uses the same thing. After delivery, I continued to use it for a while as the lochia flow (bleeding) can be quite heavy at times.

Lok,

haha, he's so funny.
happy.gif
oic, I thought the Boulevard is for him. So it's for didi. Then better not let him use it.
happy.gif
How old is your son, btw? Now when I asked my son where didi is, he would say 'tummy' and come over to kiss and hug my tummy, though sometimes rather roughly. But I don't mind lah..
happy.gif
Realised this pregnancy is kinda rough handled, and sometimes I even forget I have a pregnant tummy when I was running around and playing with my son.

Hi, Ladies

Weight Gain - I have gained about 5kg when I reached the 23weeks mark. I have craving for meat, especially beef.. My SIL says next time baby will be big sized if eat too much beef.. dun noe how true it is.. I guess if expecting baby girl, then should cut down a bit ba.. if baby boi, should be ok to eat since craving is hard not to satisfy..Recently,saw the Palmers advertisement coming on TV quite often, tempted to buy a bottle of the stretchmark cream to use on top of my Clarin tonic oil.. Hubby was saying, dun need.. cos it will still come if your weigh gain is not consistently up and it is a sudden increase.. he sounded like an expert but I dun quite buy it.

BabymallOnline Spree - Thanks Mickey!! Am excited too cos this is my very first online shopping (errr.. not very online actually) but can't wait to get the baby stuff which I ordered.. I wanted to join you for the Meleda spree but like not much takers.. have you joined similar spree? Which one is still available for me to hop in? Wan to see how much is the wet tissue for cleaning the funnel and nipples.. might be useful if I am expressing in office nursing room.

Mrs Yap - how is your checkup? Try to bed-rest as much as possible.. dun squat down too often.. hope all is well with you....

sasa de mouse
Ya lorhz, i think by that time i also won't be shopping le. Now only 23 wks shop 2-3 hrs my leg feel tired liaoz. Must stop halfway and rest if not the leg will feel like breaking.

RXmom,

Yes, the Boulevard is intended for #1. My thinking is #2 will inherit his Royale. Then when #1 is older, we change to booster seat and didi takes over boulevard. J has his mood and is rough most of the time. Haven't kiss my tummy b4, only want to play with my belly button and then pull up his shirt and press his own belly button. *faintz*

Hi, Ladies

Weight Gain - I have gained 5kg. now @49kg. baby was 765grams at 24 weeks 2days
happy.gif

anyone knows where to find nice bunk beds/ pullout beds for kids ?

Bigtoes

I weighed 47kg @ 1.6m before I was preggy... But now it's 59kg...
I have never ever crossed the '50s' line in my entire life and now I am crossing the '60s' soon..

Babystuff @ Tai Sing

Btw, have anyone of you bought misc baby stuff @ Tai sing? Stuff like baby tub, anti-slip mat, nail clipper etc?

Is it cheaper compared to departmental stores?

Stef&amp;sean babes
Wow...you are so light!!! And baby seems to be doing v well
happy.gif

I am entering my 70s babes!

Bunk beds - try the shops at United Sq...quite pricey tho!

avalyn,
yes i'm quite petite in size. but my tummy is v HUGE now. my boss just came back from her 2 weeks vacation and she told me,"wah, 2 weeks never see you, ur tummy grew so big!"

the united square shop is called c-myroom or something like this right? they sell disney furnitures right ? roughly how much they selling the bunk beds, anyone knows ?

<font color="119911">skinny pig (skinny_pig) - have not been to Tai Sing, but prices are supposedly comparable to Cheong Choon, so maybe worth checking out as well.

stef&amp;seanbabes (limyg) - wow, u haven't gained alot of weight but ur baby is a healthy size! Going for my scan later &amp; will know how much baby has grown, but I doubt he would be more than 600gm. Maybe u would end up like someone i know who gained about 7kg at full term &amp; the baby was almost half of that!</font>

Back