hi mummies, ive had a bunion for quite some time already but I actually postponed doing anything about it because I was pregnant. Now that I’ve given birth, I’m thinking maybe it’s time to finally get it checked and see if I need surgery.
anyone here went through bunion surgery before? how was the recovery, especially with a young child at home? would really appreciate hearing your experience ))
Hi! Is it bad? I think it really depends on the severity of the bunion, as there are different types of surgery depending on the individual case. I had mine removed by Dr Henry Chan, my orthopaedic doctor in Singapore. If I remember correctly, I had a distal osteotomy as mine was considered mild. for the recovery, there was some pressure at first and I was only allowed light weight bearing. I then gradually increased my activities as guided by my surgeon. Everyone’s recovery can be different, so I think it’s best to follow your doctor’s advice. Hope this helps!