(2008/09) Sep 2008

i think i am the heavier in this thread..weighing 68kgs now..and still piling..
happy.gif

Ava,

Boulevard at Mother Works is selling at $599. They are having 20% discount until 1 June (so ~$480)

Ava (avalyn) - don't think so, but google for the Aussie website for britax meridian AHR. This version comes in 3 colors, but only 2 are available in Spore - midnite grey & a lighter grey. Its also priced at $599, but the material is different (velvety type) & suits newborn till 4+.

Okie, off for my gyne appnt now
happy.gif

Ava,

I believe the Meridian AHR is under Safe n Sound. U hv to look under the Australia website. Anyway, the sales lady says the different model are to fulfil different country requirements. However, she's not sure which country has the stricter requirements. Meridian doesn't come with chestclips though.

bigtoes,
i feel so heavy at the stomach. sometimes, so heavy that i just need to lie down to rest. my food intake is actually v little.. i dunno how come baby can grow so well. for my 1st 2 kids, food intake also the same. the only difference is this time i drink fresh milk, whereas the last 2 pregnancies, i drink HL milk. u think that is the difference ? the reason why i drink fresh milk now is bcos my 2 kids drinks them, so i jsut drink their fresh milk instead of buying HL milk for myself as i buy the Meiji 2l fresh milk in bulk like 4-5 bottles per week.

Goldfish: Never really think of waterproofing my bed, keke... thanks!

Lok: Will drop by Guardian Pharmacy to buy the disposable protective sheets. Better put some cos don't want to dirty the bed even though I have mattress protector.

BabymallOnline Spree: Thanks Mickey! Waiting patiently for our loots!

Hi mummies,

I am from Aug 08 Thread. Was wondering if anyone knows there is any cream to prevent or improve on vericose veins? Remember i read from one of the threads, there is a cream for that.

LC'
Yay, I got company!!!

Hmmm, I am not putting on that much weight this time round..yet. so far about 7-8 kilos....better check on babies at next visit....still gotta wait one week!!!

im confused wif all the britax car seats.. which is the best or more suitable for fixing in most cars?

someone can enlighten the diff btwn

* Britax Boulevard (newborn to 29/30kg)
* Britax Royale (new born to 18kg)
* Britax Omega (new born to 18kg)
* Britax Meridian (new born to 18kg)
* Britax Roundabout (new born to 18kg)

so far i also put on 7kg liao ... but 2kg over one weekend is damn scary ... i shudder to think if i put on 2kg every weekend .... now at 24 weeks still got 16 weeks = 32 kg! wahaha

Ava - u too? hahaha.. me the big sized type, I am 1.7m tall.. cannot imagine how i look like when I go into my 3rd trimester..

Preggie - one of my clients put on 37kg for her first pregnancy and the baby is coming close to 5kg and overdue the full term..and she natural birth.. My goodness !!

hi gals - juz went for my checkup today n my minnie grew more than double frm 4wks ago! 739gm at 24wks now.. wonder is she too heavy anot..

i finally put on weight, 3kilos.. phew.. but hope dun put on too much till i pop..

mrs yap - tink u better rest well at home.. 2days ago i oso saw stains when i pooed.. start to panick but i tink prob its due to constipation.. yday n today were ok..

hi mummies!

was so busy over the long weekend I didnt have time to log in.

janf: your weight gain and baby growth is so efficient! no need to worry so long as your gynae did'nt raise any alarm bell.

mrsyap: hope you're doing well ... dun worry too much and just rest ok? *hugs*

on weight gain, I was 46kg pre-preggie, last weekend put on 2kg cos of feasting on yummy food and melt in your mouth cakes! yes, I have a sweet tooth and can't resist cakes, especially the wide spread at Canelle! Anyway, total weight gain for 24weeks is 7.6kg to date. =) Baby should be weighing at least 600grams cos he was alreday 385 when the norm was 350-400 at week 21. Will find out when I go for my check-up this friday.

Got some stuff over the weekend too. Got my stroller. Changed our mind about the STOKKE Xplory and got the new Peg Perego SKATE which I was also eyeing for quite some time and waiting for it to reach our shores.

Problem is I already got the Maxi Cosi Cabrio-fix, and it's not compatible with the Peg Perego. So gonna let it go cheap. Anyone keen?

Retailing at more than $300 but letting go at $230. Got receipt and warranty for 1 year from 20 April 2008.

Condition: Brand New in plastic bag
Colour: Juice from 2007 collection
Self-collection at Toa Payoh

PM me if anyone is keen.
1432982.jpg

janf,

sounds like piles to me (blood in stools). Pls increase your dietary fibre intake, cos if the veins get swollen, it can be extremely painful. *ouch*. I suffered for 1st pregnancy and it had to strike when I was on biz in US!!

milky,

You can refer to their website for more info. For Britax USA, there is tool within the website that does the comparison of selected model. Haven't seen the Omega before. Think you have to ask the sales person which car the seat can fit. (I hv a Royale now and it can fit a Nissan Sunny).

Safe n Sound (Australian models: Royale and Meridian):
http://www.britax.com.au/websites/Britax/HomePage.nsf/LUPages/SnS-CONVERTIBLE%20CAR%20SEATS%20-%20BIRTH%20TO%2018KG

Britax USA (US models: Roundabout and Boulevard):
http://www.britaxusa.com/products/default.aspx

hi mrs yap,
i was also spotting last week. was given a week's bed rest. brownish blood indicates that it is old blood and bleeding is probably stopping. rest in bed more and not walk abt so much. you should be fine. but to be on the safe side, better to see your gynae of course! take care ya?

shazz,
i just got my cabriofix from isetan pte sales last week!!!!!!!!!!!! else i'd definitely buy this from you... i got it in chili pepper colour and at 20% discount for $286. thought price quite ok liao... argh!

weight gain:
i've been super conscious and paranoid abt weight gain coz i lost some weight last end of the year. so i count the calorie intake for my whole day. before that, i went to do a calorie intake count based on my age, weight and activity level. for me, my day's calorie intake should only be 1886. since i'm pregnant, i add another 200 to it. but hb thinks i'm getting quite obssessed... trying to be normal but... i've put on 3kg already @ 20weeks.

Shazz: I put on about 2.5kg these 3 days, so scary!! Been eating too much food already, had Mala steamboat today & ate till so full!! Think next time I have to control myself!

Sorry abit confused.. Why does the car seat need to be compatible with the stroller? So i need to confirm what stroller I am getting first? Kekek.. Blur leh..

Sarahmay, thanks for the concern. I would love to say that things are getting better between me and my hubby but it doesn't seem so.
sad.gif

Has anyone heard that we cannot see animals when we are pregnant? I did hear that we should not see monkeys but not about other animals, not even dolphins, and they are so cute. We have planned a trip to Oz, and part of our trip is to go to Gold Coast to the Seaworld for the dolphins cos they are my fave animals. And now, my MIL says I cannot see any kinds of animals. What is the point of going to Gold Coast when I can't go to any theme parks at all?

Then my MIL says that her friends are all commenting that I am going to give birth in 2 months' time and still travelling. First, I'm only going to give birth in 3 months' time, and I see so many of you travelling all the time too. I'm really getting so mad, we have already booked the air tickets and accommodation and now my hubby is thinking of cancelling the trip.

Everytime, if he spends some time alone with his mom, he will definitely have something to find fault with me when he comes home. Yesterday, he scolds me for not switching off the light, not throwing away the rubbish and not keeping my letters after reading them. And he could actually go to the kitchen, notice all these, and come back to the bedroom and make me get out of bed to go do all those things. Urrgghhhh!!!

<font color="119911">Morning mummies - went for my gyne appnt last evening! So baby is now 684gm at 24 weeks - bigger than we both expected!!
happy.gif

janf (janf) - Jan, ur baby is a good size!

preggie (preggieblues) - I put on about 2.5kg over the last month, and my gyne already warn me to watch my diet, cos by right we should only put on up to 2kg a month! She is really quite conservative, cos to date, i am only up about 6kg, and quite petite, so not overweight or anything. She mentioned that ideally preggy woman should not gain more than 11-12kg by full term. So now i have to cut back on all snacks &amp; be more careful about eating junk...

LC (faintz) - how can anyone put on 37kg?? Was she extremely skinny to begin with?

wingkei (wingkei) - ur MIL is really quite conservative ya...i checked with my gyne yesterday &amp; she said we can travel long haul up till week 32 (I need to go to Sydney for work about then). Just remember to get a letter from her.</font>

hi all
compared to most of you, i must be massive now!!i put on so much weight! but i figured this is going to be my last child, my last binge, so on with it man!!! hahahaha!!

wingkei
eh, we go to the zoo quite often when i was preggie with no1 leh.i dun think my son looks like any of the zoo animals so far...he is normal, not exhibiting any animalistic behaviour and very cute.

and now with no1 growing up, zoo is like a must go...been there many times since preggie.

think it is fine lah. the thing you have to worry about is crazy elephants stampeding, and maybe bird flu...tell your mil to get a life. it is your life and your child. legally or otherwise, she has no rights to this child (so what if it is grandchild.too bad).

sorry, i just dun like interferring ILs. just speaking my mind here.

<font color="119911">
CORD BLOOD BANKING
Btw, also asked our gyne about her thoughts on cord blood banking, and thou she didn't discourage, seemed like she was leaning more towards not needing to store. We met the rep from CordLife after the gyne appnt, and surprisingly, she was very honest about it being too nascent &amp; not pushing us to sign up(they had only 1 case of a match from their 16,000 clients over the last 6-7 years - and that was when the parents conceived baby no. 2 to save baby no. 1). Most people end up going overseas (US) to seek a match. Anyway, we have till end-July to decide, and might just donate to the Spore Blood Bank Association.</font>

storeberry,

Not all carseats can be latched onto a stroller, even if they are the same brand. Those that are compatible can latch securely onto the stoller through clips on the strollers. I have a combi tyro carseat I bought in the US that can be latched onto the my combi stroller and become a travel system.

This is a travel system

1433761.jpg

l'l CY (lilboymum), I hate interfering ILs and I can tell you they have been interfering a lot since we talked about getting married. Problem is, my hubby also sides with his parents. So I'm kinda helpless here as well.
sad.gif

LC
I wish I was tall like you...I'm a very avergae 1.6m only
happy.gif

oooh can't wait to see babies again next visit...!

Shazz
Lemme see if we are getting capsules or convertibles...still have not decided. If getting capsule, may consider your "Juicy" one
happy.gif

alabone (alabone) : $286 is still a good price! =)

bacon&amp;egg (baconegg): I'm all up for a gathering too! =)

storeberry (storeberry): I think the weight gain is more of water ... after we pass out the weight will be back to normal. Anyway, our babies are growing at a super fast rate, they may even be double the size when we last checked them a month ago.

Bigtoes: your gynae is indeed very conservative. But my gynae also targeted 10-12kg weight gain for my petite frame, but I've already gained 7.6kg. But my weight gain is consistently at least 1 kg a mth, which is so far so good. Yeah, I also need to cut down on my cakes and junk food! ;)

some parents wants to get a car seat that they can attach to the stroller, so that if the baby is sleeping, you don't have to disturb them and just bring detach the car seat to the stroller.

This is the stroller I got and the car seat that is compatible with it.

1433776.jpg

1433777.jpg

hi ladies...
i had my gynae checkup yday already
He scanned my tummy and says there is no internal bleeding and the baby is growing well. Relief to hear that. However, he cannot tell me exactly why i bleed... there is also no bleeding at the cervix. So i was still wondering how come i bleed lor. Hope this is just a one time occurence... really scared to see red blood esp in the middle of the night. Cannot sleep well.

btw my weight gain is 6.6kg at week 22

Mrs Yap (oneboyonegirl) : yeah, thank God baby is growing well. Your weight gain is healthy too. Think the bleeding is just a one time occurrence. =) Can sleep peacefully now.

Gathering
Great...we have two keen MTBs now
happy.gif

anyone keen to meet up? We could go for high tea..

Lok,
I bought a britax royale too
happy.gif
it was on sale at robinson and i think i got it at a good price
happy.gif

gathering
Me! Me! I never turn down an invitation to high tea!!! Esp with other pregnant ladies there to pig out without the guilt
happy.gif

Bacon
How much was the Royale?

wingkei
my hubby is something like yours also keep listening to his mum. but over these years i already got show some colours and mil come to realise that i not so good to bully so she doesn't bother me much. except for few occasions i will just one ear in one ear out. maybe you can just tell them not going to see the animals, but by the time you are at gold coast already, force your hubby to bring you there since his mom not around to say anything much. that's what i would do la. his mom say dun do this or that, i just go ahead do it then keep it from her. if she find out, i will die die also push the blame to hubby lo. my mil also one kind one, so slowly have to find a way to break the obstacle.

for a few times in this pregnancy, i cry n scream and become a crazy mad woman let my hubby kan jiong. then threatening him that i am going to have depression already if his attitude still like that. if he grumble about having to carry my bag when we are out(cos i always bring a big bulky n heavy bag), i will grumble about having to carry a baby (which is also a weight) like for every second. or tell him that after the baby born, its going to be more bags carrying with the diaper bag n all. and throwing rubbish or switching off the lights are very small errands, if i am not tired i will get out of bed to do it. if tired i will just tell him off that there is no way i can find strength to get up from bed again. so HE have to do it for me please, if he dont wan to help even such little things, then say i cant be bothered also and give him black face then go n sleep.

sorry to be so long winded, cos my hubby is also fond of and always finding trouble or problems with me and its just some of the ways i do to tackle. hope that you get some inspiration to tackle your problems with ur mil n hubby.
happy.gif

mrs yap, glad there's nothing serious with your bleeding. can understand how it feels like to see blood in the middle of the night. do rest well and the blood will clear away soon.
happy.gif

mummies

What are brand will u recommend for strollers? I thought of buying combi miracle turn but my hb say that we do not need so good stroller since we have a car.

And what are the brand for car seats?

Gathering
Date?
Time?
Venue?
Keen MTBs - Ava, Shazz, Bacon &amp; counting...
happy.gif

Pls feel free to indicate date, time &amp; venue
happy.gif
\

Ava,
I bought Royale at $350 during Robinson sale.

Mrs Yap
Great to hear that u n bb is well. got to take extra care and rest more. I had alot of cramps from last thurs too, and lasted a few days that my boss have been reminding me to do things slowly, walk slowly, get up from bed slowly etc. Take care!

of coz jaymickey...
happy.gif

Maybe all interested mommies, can cut n paste the below listing and add your names to it as we go.. can i take the liberty to suggest the date?
Can MTBs come up with good high tea places?

Date: 7 or 28 June'08 (both Saturdays)
Venue: TBA
Interested MTBs:
Ava
Shazz
Bacon
Jaymickey

Dr Adrian Woodworth
Thomson Women’s Clinic
(Sengkang)
Blk 5, Sengkang Square
Sengkang MRT Station #01-05
Singapore 545062

Tel: 6388 8125
Fax: 6388 0332

Gathering - Is there one? High tea is good..
happy.gif

"Popping" without Hubby around - Anyone will be giving birth and doing confinement without hubby around for reasons like hubby being posted overseas for work?

Hi, Bigtoes

I was in awe too when she told me she put on that much of weight. she used to weigh only 50kg but her weight shot to 87kg for her first pregnancy. she said bec it was her first so she dun know much and MIL made her a lot of food and forced it down her throat.. and her family and in-laws side are both reputable ones so she was given a lot of good food.. after the first one, she got so much shock, she did C section for the subsequent kids and watched what she was eating... She was also the one who said I should be expecting baby girl when I told her my DS said it is a baby boi.. hahaha. and she asked me to go for second gynae scan cos she is really confident of herself..

Hi,Ava

I am not offered a seat on train up to this stage..people know I am pregnant but think they feel that with my height and built, I should be strong enuf to stand instead for the journey so no seat offered.. Arghhh... When is your next check? mine is this sat... like you, I can't wait too.. yesterday was heating up my soup and baby was moving alot, think baby is feeling the heat.. and this morning when I on the radio, baby was also kicking and moving.. hahaha.. this is really something our hubby cannot experience a lot..

Hi, Wingkei

Your MIL is interfering quite a fair bit.. is it bec this is her first grandchild? My MIL tried to interfere but I just turn a deaf ear.. I will have to leave baby with her to take care when I return to work. Seriously, I dun feel too good abt it but bo bian.. worried baby will pick up all those bad habits and her "loudness".. but wat to do, right? have to open one eye close one eye.. will put to child care when baby is older..

Hi, Mrs Yap

Phew!!! Glad all is fine now.. think u better reast more now for the time being
happy.gif
and dun do housework and exercise.. leave it to Mr. And, dun squat too much.

shazz
The Peg Perego stroller you got is great too.. looks somewhat similar to the Stokke.. how's the price?

MrsYap
Glad everything is fine. I had a friend who also suddenly bled when she was in her 5th month, turns out that she had some infection, causing the bleeding.

Wingkei
I also have a very control freak MIL &amp; who likes to 'chu pattern'.. I am lucky that I have a supportive husband who disagrees with her doing. What I suggest is to ignore her.. we cannot stop her mouth from sprouting nonsense.

Date: 7 or 28 June'08 (both Saturdays)
Venue: TBA
Interested MTBs:
Ava
Shazz
Bacon
Jaymickey
Mei (I can't make it on the 7th though)

Back