(2008/09) Sep 2008

hi crayonshinchan...
saw tat yr boy is having fever
hope tat he is better
My gal is having fever too... abt 37.8-38.3 and fluctuating too... how high was yr boy's temp? I log in to find solutions to fever... hai... went to kkh midnight yday and the waiting can kill... drag till 3am. Doc says besides paracetomol there is nothing much to do to such small infant. How abt "Ling yang" water? I heard someone mentioned it somewhere before. Is it effective? Cos her fever dun seems to go down despite 4hrly medication
Anyone has any idea?

Mrs Yap, my bro's PD taught him use the tap water wet the towel and put on baby head can reduce the fever..I did it when my boy fever after injection last week, work well for him

Jo, I want to bite him ar :p

Mrs Yap.. Ling yang water beri liang 1 leh.. i think u try to spong him with tap water loh... spong the neck.. armpit... those hidden areas....

ytd... my son went for the ject.. he oso kana abit fever... den i did that to him oso...
today he's ok..

So i wasn't the only one boosting the economy yest,hee.. I saw the jam at cairnhill exit and decided to go vivocity instead, since parking is FOC there...was there frm 1+pm till 8pm!! Total damage = $800!!! This is the 1st time I didn't get Charlotte anything...all for myself and maybe a few items for hubby!! I wanted to shop somemore but realised I was too tired!! I dun even understand why am I buying so many clothes when I am a SAHM and not spending CNY in SG...tsk,tsk.. u mummies have bonus in dec to splurge...me no $$ still spending so much!!

RIVER ISLAND- hey, their jeans are really cheap lor!! I bot 5 jeans for $275 only!!

ZARA- I didn't even go to the kids section!! Anyway, I bot a tee for myself with the caption 'SORRY BUT I AM STILL THE QUEEN'... to remind my dear hubs not to DETHRONE me!!

sunrays - u don't need a reason. u don't need to justify urself. heh. Just SHOP!!!!

btw, I like the zara tshirt u got urself. hahaha

hi blackberry and Jo
Thanks for your advise
Her fever is not due to 5-in-1 jab... that kind of fever was over... lasted for 1 day only.
This time round she caught viral infection from someone who is coughing...
She vomit her milk and whole body so warm.
I sponged her with wet towel but I scared she catch a cold and have running nose. How often can I do the sponging... her body is warmer than usual all the time
sad.gif

DD oso having fever... its on off.. nt sure why.. but after she got her 6 in 1 jab, she been having fever... wat i did was, gave the fever med (prescribe by poly after her jab) and sponged her wit wet towel... so far she nvr catch a cold/running nose... I make her milk abit dilute cz i worry milk can make her more heaty...
happy.gif

yah, baby E will just play with the nipple and then push the bottle away and make puking sounds when i feed her from the bottle. i also threw some milk away. I dunno if the milk taste different due to what i ate, or she has diff appetites everyday. sianz.

on losing weight, perhaps can watch what we eat? quite important. also doing housework really helps to lose weight sometimes!

i also realised that when i feed baby E in a noisy environment like shopping mall or when the TV is on, she is super distracted and dun want to drink milk. but when i off the TV, she is ok. guess we can try feeding them in quieter envt so that they won't get distracted.

hi Mrs Yap, my PD told me as long as babies' temp is not above 39degree, it is still ok. my bb had fever when she took her 6in1 jab, but she cant take fever medicine due to some medical condition. im glad she managed to fight off her fever despite me doing nothing at all. not even sponging as i din knw until my dad ask me to do it. but by then she had already recovered.. so im sure ur gal will be alrite.
happy.gif

Sri Leo
Thanks I guess wld hv to sponge her more regularly... apparently she dun like it... keeps crying n fussing when i do so

Precious
her last temp was 38.7... quickly sponged her again and it went down to 37.9...hai...
I realised after just woke up from sleep, her temp is the highest

Hi*5 to mummies who shopped like no tomorrow for themselves yesterday or today!..

and how was everyone's christmas!? must have been filled with pressies, ham, turkey and lotsa love! share pictures of your xmas parties lei!

My hubssss was so sweet hehehe..bought me my fav gucci bag~~~~!! what did mummies receive for xmas from your hubs~~?? share~~~share~~~

After 4 gruelling months of chiong-ing only for baby~~ (opps! but i still bought 3 dresses for scarlett *_* kekeke)

It was the first time I actually bought stuff for myself!! Kekeke, it was mad yesterday! Vivo was sooo filled with people that I only managed Zara, Warehouse and Topshop! hahaha still grabbed a couple of tops, dresses and shoes!! and man Warehouse clothes without sales are ex man! ..

Dear Mrs Yap and Precious, Sri Leo,

Its actually a very good idea to sponge baby down with cold water as it really helps to bring temp down.

The last time Scarlett got a fever from her 2nd 6-in-1, i religously fed her glucose water solution and sponged her down for 6 hours, and her fever subsided that night, first aid manuals also recommend sponging and constant change of clothing sooked with sweat to ensure ventilation and cooling down, also make sure the room is ventilated, not fan blowing at baby, but circulating the room, that will help sweat to dissipate and in turn bring temperature down

Gunibb ,
Zenneth flip yesterday at Xmas day .. haha ... he is coming to four months in another two weeks .. haha ... My zac can only flip when he is four months old . so comparatively Zen motor skills are better.

Happy holidays to all!

My breast pump broke down today!!! Anyone using Avent pump broke down and sent for repair before? How long does it take, and do they provide u with a replacement set? Anyone willing to loan me a pump pls pm me?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE (albeit bit belated! hehe) And A GREAT 2009 AHEAD!

Sorry I haven't posted for soooo long. Been a crazy past week or so. My parents came over for a holiday, and we've been out and about quite a bit. I think I threw my baby's daily routine out of whack already. Out of the house every morning aftr his bath and not back till past 9 for three or four nights. Yikes! Lots of tough retraining days ahead now that the fun is over!

How was all of your first Christmas with your newborns? Anything special?

Springz, Sunny, Dina: Wah!!!! you are all so slim!!! I thought I lost some weight but apparently I gained 3 kg after losing all the preg weight!!!! Sniff Sniff. I weighed almost 50kg at my friend's weighing scale in HK. HELP!!!! You three must look darn slim. I think I have a looooong way to go to get back to my wedding weight of 43kg. I think I'm edging towards being overweight right now.

BABY DIAPER CHANGING OUTSIDE: I think I've been China-trained. Last week I was in Zhuhai, I saw this China mum just ripping th diaper off her son in the middle of the shopping aisle and changing the diaper. And I've given up looking for nursing and diaper rooms when I go out in Macau and HK. I don't worry about not having any diaper or nursing rooms when I go out either. I have given up trying to look from them in Macau and HK. Now I justlook for a decent bench or corner and change. What to do? As for nursing, I have nursed in many unusual spots too like sitting on a fire hydrant by the road to nurse. hehe.

kym kym: how does glucose water help to bring down the bb's temp?

realise I'm super moutain turtle leh , dun even know wad's is the little colette u'll taking about , eric carle also , haha.

Currently still under maternity , would like to check with u all , if I were to go back to work and tender my resign straight away , other den compensate office , does it affects the maternity leave?

Mrs Yap, just read that ur baby girl is having fever. After 3days, my boy's fever finally went down. As what the other mummies have suggested, sponge ur girl using damp cloth. Do not use very cold water. Normal room temperature water will do. Under the armpit area is very very impt.
I will try to sponge baby every hour / everytime his temp goes up. Very tiring but no choice. I dont want his temp to go above 39degrees. His highest was 38.9 on christmas morning!

We brought him to Thompson 24hr clinic instead of KK. Cos hb says it will be a super duper long wait.

Hope ur girl will recover soon.

Sri
Halo my fellow Malay mummy.. ;p Iim fine, but started work already yesterday.
sad.gif

Mummies, at wat temp is considered high for babies?? My Q had his first 5 in 1 jab. I kept track of his temp... BUT.... im not sure which temp is considered babies having fever alredy.. Heheheh... ;p So yah yah of me.. Keep track like real.. But lucky Baby Q was ok. His 2nd jab is coming up, so must make sure im equipped this time..

Flos..
U really think infants are fair- weathered... Oh no..
sad.gif
I'm one of those weekend parents.. I take Baby Q home once a week now dat i start working alrdy. Im so afraid dat he'll forget me..

hello mummies!
a happy festive season to all! xmas is over, new year's round the corner and CNY is coming real soon too!!!!

looks like the bbs here are very well taken care of! Good weight and height. my FB was only 5kg at 3.5mths, my second child was 6kg. Meimei is going for her jab on mon, will know her stats then. i suspect she's less than 5 kg...

RE: CNY clothes
Hv u ladies bot ur CNY clothes?? i hv nt been buying clothes for myself for quite a while..in fact, i;m still wearing my maternity wear nowadays! plus bcos of bfding, hv to wear nursing bra, breast pads and clothes easy for bfding...can't really find nice and suitable clothes..

so sian...

mrs yap
like what crayon says, don't use cold water when spongin as the baby will get chilled. use slightly warn or room temp water. and u should also wipe over bb's head with the washcloth so that the hair it is also a little moist. its very worrying when bb has fever but hang in there, it will be ok. did the PD give u any suppository for if the fever goes really high?

jasmine
the bb changing room and nursing room at suntec is near the toys r us exit. just follow the wall of colourful wall paper, past the junior league etc. it is NOWHERE near the main toilet. it has hot water dispenser, paper etc. quite nice.

flos
like gunibb said, think u ended up at the wrong place. the tangs nursing room is actually one of the best. its got comfy sofas and everything u need. but only thing is , there are only 2 rooms. its on the kids level of Tangs.

also saw that u have bought ur work shoes
happy.gif
i have 20% birthday discount from Ferragamo if u or any other mummy needs to use it. by end of Dec. i dont think i'll be using it cos not working anymore and got my handbags. LOL:p

sarah
forgot to say... nursing by the firehydrant on the road takes the cake!
happy.gif
u win. i thought i was bad- nursing in line at the club 21 sale ....

crayonshinchan
Do u strip your baby totally and sponge him? Thanks for telling me the armpit is v important to sponge. Sometimes i only sponge the forehead and the neck. Cos its so warm... I neglected the armpit... I dare not strip my girl and sponge cos i tried that once and she shivers... I am using normal room temp water only. Her highest today is 38.7deg
I just put her into mildly airconditioned room... her temp drop to 37.8deg... dare not on the aircon too cold else if she catch a cold, I will faint.

crayon, no choice! the q at the second day of the sale started the moment we got in the door
happy.gif
i bought my stuff on the members sale day so i just stood in line but it took one hour to get to the cashier so i carried baby under my nursing shawl... ya... my hands were aching a little after that
happy.gif
but the back was ok. i tried to stand quite quite straight LOL
happy.gif

Jaymickey,
u there? will u b at plaza sing tmr for the swimming finals?

call me. i'll be there at 10.30am
nine zero zero six three two seven zero.

I'm back from another day of shopping!! Went to the Robs sale at Centrepoint + Isetan Scotts one...Only got Baby Burberrys as well as Baby Dior from Kids21...Also bought quite a lot of groceries from Jones the Grocer!!! Love their candies!!!

Blackberry: yep, big picture books. u can get them at Borders/Kino/Page1 (Page 1 having warehouse sale now)/Children's Bookstore/popular/Edventure.

Gunibb: Hmm, so funny...the sign read "Baby Changing Room" at the Men's level (we were shopping at the Men's dept). We simply walked into the handicap toilet that comes with the diaper changing table!

The Centrepoint Nursery Room is pretty spacious. It's not the Robs Kids Dept one.

lanolin: is S&E nice? I like SR shoes but they are too expensive in SG. You can get them cheap at the US factory outlets! Oh, I got all 4 pairs from Tang&Co :)

Jasmine/blackberry: the Suntec nurery room is too isolated from the rest of the towers. Besides, it's rather cramped on weekends.

sarahmay: Due to the recent partying and late nite shopping, my son's sleeping pattern has been upset too!! We just wiped him clean with a warm towel at 10.30pm cos we came home late. We chilled out at Dempsey after chionging at Orchard. Poor miniflos had to keep us company!

dseptkon (dseptkon): I just went to Ferragamo just now. Didn't see anything I like. I've a pair of Vara which I dumped away cos they gave me blisters!

U r not working anymore?

sunrays: River Island has sale???????????!!!! I like their torn jeans! U got them? There is nothing wrong to dress up even if u r a SAHM lah...u still need to 见人 mah...

Hey, I ONLY just went to your Scotts outlet. Cool! You going to France during CNY?

crayon: how did Sumo fall off your bed?

chewyring: when u said flip, it's from tummy to back or back to tummy? oh dear...my miniflos hasn't flipped yet
happy.gif
he is already 3 mths 3 weeks.

bigtoes: hv u made K's passport for his upcoming Batam trip?

millie: did u ask me about BJ? it stands for Beijing...sorry I dun hv the time to read all the posts properly these few days!

haven't been shopping for clothes since i got those maternity tents but finally bought a few tops today just before the esprit at united sq closed for the day. i hate to admit this, but i think i am officially an M size now... really wonder if i shd just dump/sell my pre-preg clothes; they look like dolls' clothes compared to those stuff i just bought.
sad.gif
sian sian sian...

bb flipping
mine flipped today from tummy to back. she did it twice and dh caught it on video but i wonder if it's more of accidentally falling over rather than intentional flipping. i hardly put her on her tummy cos she hates it, but i guess i shd do it more often so she gets some exercise.

feeding outside
mine drinks a lot less than usual when out too. sometimes she prefers to sleep through and sometimes she just gets v distracted and will either keep pushing the teat out with her tongue or keep pushing the bottle away with her hand. will try to feed in a quieter place to see if it makes a dif the next time.

glucose water
where to buy this? or can diy?

mrs yap, hope your bb's fever will come down soon. take care!

Hi ladies,

BB sleeping thru the night..

I am currently traning my 3 months old boy to sleep thru the night. which Started 2 days ago..

Possible if any mummies here able to advice me... cos I'm worried that I am starving my boy..

ok.. here it goes.. my boy normally fall asleep soundly after his 7pm or 8pm feed and then my mil who was helping me with the night feeds will feed him around 1 to 2am and then followed by 5 to 6am.. according to her, he was "asking for milk"

So, i took over 2 days ago with the night feeds. after his 7 to 8pm feed (of 120ml), i tried dream feed him at 12am and he can only drink 90ml and doze off.. then in the middle of the night, (which my mil is right), my boy started to turn his head and starts to frigid at around 1 to 2am.. so i jus gave him his pacifier.. and he stops.. then again at around 5am, he starts turning his head and frigid again and i too gave him his pacifier.. this time, he will start kicking his leg on and off then fall asleep intermittent. then, i will feed him at 7am.. (There is no crying from him..)

Ladies, can you advice if this is the correct way to train babies to sleep thru? and do i need to up his daytime intake of 120ml since I am dropping one of his feed?

Thanks so much in advance!

flos
ur vara gave u blisters?! perhaps they were too small? like now after pregnancy, my feet cant fit properly into the varinas so am not getting anything new from ferragamo.

i stopped working in may 2008 cos DH wanted me to be a SAHM and look after the kids. but am finding i can't hack it. {hats off to SAHM like angeline and lil CH!} so after only 5 months of unemployment am now considering begging my hubby to let me go back to work!

tinkerbell

what u are doing sounds like what most of us did. i think the bbs are learning to self-soothe when they fidget. as long as they are not wailing or crying, they should be ok and will fall back to sleep after a short while. however there may be growth spurts so like my 4 month bb has been waking for feeds at 1/2am and 5/6am when he is put to bed at 9pm.

morning mummies ,

Flos ,
Zen flip from back to tummy ... no worries on bb flipping .. cos they develop at different pace .. my Zac only flip at 4 mths
happy.gif

ENVY ENVY ! shopping spree for u ladies ... am stuck at home !

Flipping - Kydric is trying very hard to flip, but he gets stuck everytime.. and got frustrated!

Anyone bought "Baby can read" VCD before? Any feedback??

Hi dseptkon,

Thanks for your prompt reply.. Felt so relieve after reading your post.. However, should I increase his ml per feed in the day since i am dropping his night feed so that he could still match his total intake for the day? wondering if he could stomach the additional ml since he is already fussing in his 120ml feed..

Hi Ladies,

Would like to join in as a sept mummies and hopefully can share some experience..

A little intro about myself..

I have been a silent reader since i was pregnant..
gave birth to my boy on the 29 Sept and he is currently 3 months old..

dseptkon: i threw them away several yrs ago when I wasn't preggers yet. it was cos i'd tried them on with stockings but later on didn't when I wore them to office.

anyway, just fyi, my feet have gone from 36-39, then 39-38 and now I can fit in 37. Wonder why...

welcome tinkerbell!

momopanda- mine k also like to watch tv when his papa is watching and at the same time carying him. i didnt watch k to start watching tv heard isnt good for their eye, so i swtich it off hah my hubby always not happy about it.

Mrs yap- my mum told me not to give ling yang to baby boy as too liang for them. next time their penis wont 'stand'. my mum will give zhen zhu powder and barley watch b4 the day of injection. and no fever

gunibb- mine when put of his tummy will like slant a bit and feel like want to flip over haha.

Mrs Yap, I did strip him down a few times but with his diapers on. If ur girl shivers, then dont strip her down. I was told by the doctor. i did not switch on aircon for my boy though. I just left the windows opened and fan on.

Yup. If u feel the armpit, its warm as well. There was one point where I giaped 2 washcloths under his armpits and another on his forehead.

Do u have the v cool thingy where u put on the forehead for fever? I cut it into small pc where i can paste it under his armpit. And rem let her wear light clothing and not wrap her up. Babies are too young to follow the chinese method of "sweating" out the fever.

If all these doesnt help, then go to the PD/hosp again. I went to thompson, they wanted to admit my boy cos he's less than 4months old but my hb doesnt want to. So they did a blood test for him.

How many days has she been having her fever?

And the suppository that dseptkon mentioned is very effective for 4-6hrs. U can ask the doc to insert for her if her fever still doesnt go down

Mrs Yap, hope your baby recovering now
happy.gif

Flos, Where is Page 1?

KymKym, my hubby get me Seiko watch for xmas!

Robinson sales
mainly go down to buy dress, end up didn't get anything for myself..have to wear maternity dress to attend wedding later, gosh!
ops..bought toys for my son again ..
This 2 weeks, spent almost 1k on shopping, I only have 1 working shirt cost $29.00...over spending!have to stop shopping but then me haven't get any shoes, pants and dress yet!aii..

I bought the Leap Pad (leap frog baby) with $59.00. good deal?

<font color="0000ff">Babies Flipping
wow... so many babies can flip alrady. Max has not shown his intention at flipping yet, much to my dismay
sad.gif
and considering he's already coming to 4.5mths.. think his motor skills quite poor leh... sob sob

Festive Partying
&amp; gosh.. with all the festive gatherings and weddings to attend, both hb n i are stoned out, not to mention Max. His sleep pattern has been totally haywire and the KPO him juz doesnt wanna sleep when the time comes. Will juz fight to stay awake till he can no longer take it. sighz...</font>

Koras
Wah... its scary to know Ling Yang is so cooling to have such effect on baby boys... I am wondering if it will cause baby girls to be barren next time... scary scary
Thanks for the info... will take note... ya i went to church today and an aunty told me to give baby "Shen Shou Yi Mi" some kind of barley.
Will try it when bb wakes

Crayonshinchan
Its really a brilliant idea to cut the Fever stripes into 2 and put it under her armpits... WHY I DIDNT THINK OF THAT!! I only paste it on the forehead... thanks for the tip! I will be on leave to monitor her fever again. If still nv go away will need to bring her to kkh again.

Blackberry/ kymkym/ dolly
Thanks for your concern
She vomitted her milk + medicine just now...
I really panicked cos her vommitting sounds are too scary for me... I v timid... the milk came out from her nose too... she sounds suffocated. So worried... hai

hi sasa, my baby cannot flip yet too. guess we have to give them time... dun worry.

flos, my feet also! when preggie, was size 8! then now back to 7 1/2. so i can't wear the shoes i bought when pregnant already. :p

Baby Flipping
Baby D flipped over from his back to his tummy 2 weeks ago &amp; now once he's awake &amp; placed on his back, he'll flip. I really got to supervise him at all times now coz he'll flip &amp; flip &amp; flip till he's at the edge of the bed even though I place him at the far end. Good thing about this is he can self-entertain now so I have some free time to surf the web..
happy.gif

Traz
Ohh.. so it was you.. I was wondering if it was you at Plaza Sing. Didn't dare to ask if you were Traz in case I got it wrong.. hehe. Only met you once at a gathering but didn't get to chat with you that time. You passed your baby to me to help you to carry while you packed your stuff.

Lanolin, No sales at Little colettel. But i like the stuffs esp the clother hanger cum height chart. Too bad they only have it in pink....

Sasa, M is also 4 months old with no intention to flip. He just found his feet recently and keep using his hand to catch his feet now
happy.gif
Guess we just relax loh...

Last nite, i went to Airport T3 for dinner and icecream..M is quite well behaved !

I just came back attending a trial class at gymboree... M really enjoy himself as he was yucking away in the class.... I think i might want to sign him up ...

Sunray,

I like the t-shirt with the logo "I am still the queen".. hahah....

Think all sept mummies are shopping queen
happy.gif
I am also tryng very hard to refrain myself from shopping due to the economy....

**Bumbo seat**
Mummies, hv u try it on ur baby?
happy.gif
DD neck quite strg oredi.. nt sure shld i buy it or nt... plz advise... thks!
happy.gif

Back