(2008/08) Aug 2008

Shicida. Anyone sent the kids before ah?
My colleague was highly recommending it.
Any good ah?
thinking of sending quan n since parent sits in, then can learn how they do it so can teach Kai next time.
Or quan can be the "teacher" since Kai learns so much from him. Literally his role model Manz.
Mommies. Any comments.

Nana, my Elmo cupcakes are made by Vern with the cupcake rings I bought from web. I think u can also get from bp.

You wan to order??? I can help u to check with Vern.

The cupcakes by vern is very nice. Very moist n tasty. Still edible after a few days! And not too hard either. I ate it cos too many days, but too nice to throw.

shint,
yah. today got audit.
sad.gif

Good Morning Mommies!
Ydy on leave as Raine insisted I attend her End of Term performance at Tien Hsia w her Mae…so took leave and went facial in the afternoon, collect my earrings in town and also Raine’s ergonomic schoolbag from Kinderfun…hiaz, my big baby started P1 soon…

Sylvia,
These few days, we let Mae go diaper-free when we go out or on the way home…ydy went for Raine’s performance, she was just in her panties throughout…only end of performance, I ask her if she needs to pee and she says yes so off we go to toilet! Nite training ah…think have to wait a while more leh…hahaha Ydy I told Mae’s teachers that she won’t eb wearing diapers to school now! =P

Aurora,
Ya, if dislike potty, go straight to toilet bowl then…GNC sells the childlife fish oil…berry flavour very nice!

April,
Where did you buy the rings from? I am asking Vern about the cakes and cupcakes via FB. Btw, what do you think abt Polar's Elmo cake?

Sylvia,
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 11:56 am:  
He's the one, always want to go out without kids. Say i spent whole weekends with them, they no need all my waking hours . Say I stifled their growth cos I always keeping them occupied after work at nite. They dun have own self play time. Wan me to leave them alone more on weekdays. 

Quite disagree with him. 

If I din spend time teaching them manners, with the kids, will they say thank you, can I? 
If I dun spend time teaching them to share, take care of things, will they do it by default? 
If I dun spend time reading with them, can #1 read independently now? Can he even was Chinese? 
If I dun spend time to talk to them, can they talk n express themselves properly. 
If I dun spend time with them, will they say mama, so excited each time they see me.like little chicks seeing the mother hen. 
My hubby spends time but not as much, he does not get the same response. Sometimes they can want me too much, but isn't that their privilege as children? Who'd have a kid to leave them to grow up themselves? Learn themselves? 
Weird thinking.
Where got hubby tell wife she's spending too much time with the kids n not good for them?

Sorry ah, I quite unhappy he dun appreciate what I had done n say I stifle their creativity. Some more wan me to leave them to play by themselves on weekdays. How can any mother who can be home even do it? Even if I choose to do stuff in my own room, they'll come look for me.

Many times I have to go out with hubby n feel bad about leaving the kids home. Not all the time la.
Quan will say"mama, dun come back tooate ok?" "come back in 5 mins ok", "check on me when u come back ok?" n the ultimate one was "mama, if u come back too late, I'll be very sad" ...... I feel worst but still have to have hubby time.

Shint
The man just dun get it, some time its like mars n venus..ha ha..
Hb also everytime tell me our gals up to std liao.
But when asked does he noe the current avg std or performance of the same age kids, he always tried to walk away.
Got the ans? Ha ha..

Dun worry. I jus go ahead with what I think is best. Afterall, it's the mommies who are bothered, mostly not daddies. Tat's why call motherhood forum.

Hi hi..

so long never post here
happy.gif

shint,
i think men think very differently from women. though not all are like that. my hb always complains that bernice only wants mummy and that she's too attached to me, he complains but he doesnt do anything about it. ask him watch her while I do something and then he will come calling for me that she looking for me. i think he just dont put in the effort to spend quality time with her.

I feel that bernice is not independent enough cos she keeps wanting someone to play with her. She doesnt like to play alone. even play her doll house she wants someone to sit with her. and 95% of the time is me.

shint,

u ok liao?

Think daddies usually just think u wave a wand and hwa lah!! the kids have all their characters and everything.

Ya...... that's why got motherhood forum.
Mummies are those into details lah.

Quan is so smart to comment those wor!!

That's why mummies are usually the 1st in ranking.

Cat,

I think is normal for this age.

Companion is important at this age.n U r her 1st playmate. Since she is attending classes, maybe she will learn independent soon.
happy.gif

Snow, Cat, Sylvia,
Thanks. I was just in my moods,, nothing serious one. Haha.

Snow,
He kept saying he wants to send Quan for swimming class but net action on it. Perhaps I have to do it again lo. quan's drawing n coloring sucks so I send him for art class. Now improve slightly, I am quite happy. Leave it to him, nothing happens. They talk only. I always say "words are cheap, actions speak louder than words"

Cat,
I think maybe it's the #1 syndrome, cos Quan until now also wan me to do everything with him. If he has me as an option la. Else the maid oso can. But papa sometimes can be lowest priority, which I feel not too good. Hence I always say good things n ask them to hug papa, say I love u papa, etc. Unlike my hubby sometimes tarnish my image with the kids. Say mama says u cannot do this n that when they obviously doing wrong things. Like he thinks it's ok but this evil mama dun allow. Gotta tell him not to do this kind of insensitive thing.

Sylvia,
Quan can come up with the most creative answers.
Share this story on how he wants to make sure he can keep a tab on me n I dun secretly sneak off.

#1 normally WANs to follow me park the car cos he doesn't wan me to secretly go out. On fri night, knowing we'd drop them off at in laws place. he said this.
#1 : mama, I follow u to park the car ok?
Me: why?
#1 : cos I wan to see how you park. If you park very good, I'll give you a giant ice cream ok?
Me: *speechless. The extend he goes to follow me n make sure I stay with him.

morning

sylvia,
ya she's very independent in school and the teacher says she very helpful like teachers assistant. helping to clean up, bring milk for the other kids etc.. even help to pat them to sleep *faint* but at home she's very sticky to me and wants me to be there with her. watch tv also want to sit ontop of me so as to stop me from going away. haha

shint
that day i brought bernice to start for her art class, then they frame up the art work in those plastic paper frame, daddy came back and ask me "wah so nice who do one". hhaha.. then when i told him it's bernice la. he said ohh.. ya anyway it's just smudging the paint all over.

Hi Sylvia,
Thanks for the extra diapers. Sorry need to rush off as the kids are getting late for their lunch and berries.

Shint,
Cheer up! Maybe if you have a little gal for number 3, he will be more interested? Daddy's gal mah...

Sylvia - Is spree still cheaper than GNC member? Hehee.. maybe will get one from GNC to try first. If spree is cheaper will order more. I agree on the potty. I bought the kid size toilet seat, he likes that better. But just have to help him everytime cos he can't climb up. My MIL is main caregiver and she's not toilet-training him leh.. i was the one who trained him to tell me if he wanna poo. Think i'll have to wait till dec holidays to train him to go diaper-less.

Shint - u and ur hubby very romantic leh. Good to see that you are spending quality time together. Think ur hubby is trying to compete for your attention too. Didn't they say men are like kids? hahaa... I'm sure he appreciates what u have been doing for the kids. Just saying those things so that u will give him more attention? But ur Quan so cute to say those things.. no wonder u so 'bu se de' to leave them at home.
happy.gif
But really lor.. men only know how to say but no action. Ask my hubby to bathe or change my boy to bond with him, he will find excuses... think he rely too much on my mil to do everything for him... i always call him spoilt brat, so old oredi still depend on his mum.

Schincida got very long waiting list and they never respond to emails. Think it's faster to call or go there to register.

M2B - which school is Raine going? So fast P1.. before long it's Mae's turn! Ok, i'll try the berry flavour
happy.gif

Cat - wah Bernice is such a good gal. Very caring. Think gals are more 'tie xin'...
happy.gif
anyway now they still young will stick to us every minute,so better enjoy every moment with them now. Maybe the daddys don't see that... and get a shock when they realise their precious are no longer a kid.

morning mummies. =)

shint
agree, the mummy always gotta be the one who take action...hee hee...

shichida result is very individual, #1 used to be there for 1.5yr.
out of a class of 6, think none has both side of brain "activated"...ha ha...
instead of improve in her speed + memory, #1 become slightly more strong in her "six sense".
think they called it esp...the day she broke her arm, she was crying and pleading my sis before setting off that not to send her to school. >P
very individual lah. -_-"

sylvia
he is always the clever 1 lah, in talking i mean.
ha ha...
ofcos when he told me up to std, must give me example of his understanding abt the word std mah rite? >D

cat
give birth to 1 more, then they will play with each others le...hee hee...
but again, that takes time before it can happen.

Good Morning Mommies!

Shint,
haha MEN!!! That's why when it comes to the gals' education and enrichment, I make the decision and hb just share the cost...wait for him to decide, die liao...hahaha

Cat,
Think Bernice knows she is the apple of your eye, that's why she wants your full attention at home...she is actually independent since she is when in school...she just want to be your lil princess at home
happy.gif

Snow,
Men always siam whenever cornered hahaha...no explanation or answer so walk away
happy.gif

m2b
if he dun chant or nag, i wun even care to ask him lor...ha ha...they always brought it upon themselve de. >D

Snow,
My hb only interested in getting #1 to play golf or run (sports), he doesn't care so much on her education hahaha That day, #1 was doing some P1 assessment book (maths), she doesn't know how to do 1 problem sum (tricky) so I showed to hb:

Me: Can you imagine this is P1 maths?
Hb: The answer is...(go on to tell me the answer)..
Me: *_* How old are you Mister and how old is your gal?!
Hb: heehee

So far, we hv brgt Raine her ergonomic school bag from Kinderfun...her orientation is in Nov
happy.gif
She is excited and all ready to start P1!

She said something so sweet to me yday...she was doing her assessment and I making clips...

Raine: Mommy, I wish to grow up fast...
Me: You already grown up already ah...
Raine: No, I mean adult like you...
Me: But why you want to grow up so fast?
Raine: So I can take care of you and meimei.
Me: When you are an adult, Mae will be an adult too and Mommy will be old already.
Raine: Mommy, next time you old already, I will bring you out shopping and go tours...I dun care even if you are in wheelchair or what, I will bring you out...I will take care of you just like how you take care of me now.
(I felt so touched!)

Morning mummies =)

Cat,
You can go have another kid liao. Bernice can help you to look after. Anyway, I think the kids are more dependent when we are around. I brought Anvelle to a birthday party at Gymboree ytd. Although she could understand the instructions and followed the other kids around, she kept running towards me. I asked her teacher abt it this morning. She said she is fine in skool.

M2B,
Raine is such a sweet gal... Can really make your heart melt.

Aurora,
Do let me know if there's a BP. I also want to try. Anvelle has been falling sick quite often since she went to cc.

Cat & Nana,
Yes, her words really warm my heart...that's why I'm fine with the gals sticky to me and coming to me instead of daddy...guess all these are worth it!
happy.gif
Raine won't say such things to daddy
happy.gif
Both my gals are Mommy's gals! haha

Shint,
your #1 no need to go shichida. Think the effective age is from new born to 5yo. Any way, Quan is already so advance comparing to his peers...

m2b
ai yo, raine so sweet. =)

yln
pai seh, can only tell u i saw it at taka B2 mooncake fest there.
think if cannot find halal mooncakes, our muslim friends can take vegetarian mooncake also de rite?
=P

snow
oh..ahyo..i went to the taka mooncake fair..but never noticed got halal..stupid me..might have to drop by there again to chk...thanks ya..i thot hotels one would be halal..but noticed all not halal..sigh

YLN,
Talking abt mooncakes, feel like eating some now man!

Snow,
Hopefully, Raine will do what she promised
happy.gif

But such words never fail to touch us so much rite?

Back