(2008/08) Aug 2008

wow gayle, u really done ur research!

avocado, we have the same gynae. can share what kind of tests have u done already? do i have to request for them? and what supplements are u taking? thanks!

Gemini,
Ya lor, was discussing with M2B that having this 2nd bb is more tiring....also dunno why.
I used to go pre-natal yoga on wk 12th for my 1st, now wk 15th liao still so sleepy everyday.

Snow,
Yalor, 1st pregnancy, I rbr I was still very energetic leh…now dragging myself up from bed and also dragging myself to work every morning…hahaha…dun let my boss hear this coz next month is PB period… :p

You not eating well and I seem to be eating too much… :p Will see how much weight I gain next Mon so far…

Megan,
$7 maternity jean skirt is a great grab! Somemore Benetton leh…

Gemini,
Yalor, can’t seem to find a good position to sleep at times…can toss and turn whole night, so disturbing…then very fast, alarm sounds liao and time to drag the lazy body out of bed…hope Aug come soon…heehee

Celyn,
To play safe, pre-natal yoga better.
From my prev yoga teacher, pre-natal yoga posture is diff and after some modification.

M2B,
But something good is that at least u dun vomit and is having gd appetite, u wun have to worry about bb getting enough inside or not lor. =)

krmeow, my gynae gave me piriton (chlorphenamine) tablets for flu, lozenges and a cough syrup.

gemini, snow, m2b, I'm also having trouble sleeping at night. Really dunno how to get enough rest.
sad.gif

Jvenus,
Ya, normally wake up 2-3 times every night.
The problem is we dun have such problem during bb #1, dunno what happen this time... =(
Keep yawning now.

btw, my colleague just told me can drink powdered milk that is good for mommies during pregnancy. anyone drinking? is this the same as the neurogain thingy?

so far, i'm still on my folic and prenatal vits. have not seen gynae for long time, so dunno if he will recommend fish oil, neurogain, milk powder, etc.

btw, does gynae do urine test from now on? if yes, then i better go with full bladder tmrw.

krex,
my gynae normally will give folic, vit pills, and fish oil thru out preggy.
urine test will be done during every visit for my case lor, but its those urine stripe to test protein.

oh, i haven't started on my urine test routine yet. the last time i went, doc said no more equip for urine test, so cham! it's to test for diabetes, etc. right?

snow, so the neurogain and milk powder is optional? does your gynae have samples of these 2? my colleague says can get sample first to try.

2nd time mummies, anyone can advise if a diaper clutch is useful? someone is organising a BP for it. i'm thinking of ordering one but not sure if it will turn out to be a white elephant in the end.

has anyone come up with a list of things to buy for bb yet? can share share? bb fair coming up next mth and i haven't figured out what to buy yet.

Snow,
Hahaha, too good appetite oso not a good thing leh…

Jvenus,
Yap, kept tossing every night thus disturbing the sleep…seem like every position also not comfy…hahaha

Krex,
I oso have the urine test on every gynae visit…regarding the powdered milk, you can try to get samples from your gynae clinic to try 1st coz some won’t like the taste…I diligently drank for my 1st pregnancy but when I tried the sample the other day, I can’t stand the milky taste thus I’m sticking to fresh milk instead…

Celyn,
I used disposable diapers for my gal since day 1...is the clutch for cloth nappies?

m2b,
the diaper clutch is a bag (about the size a A4 paper but smaller) where you can store
- 1 PACK OF WET WIPES
- 2-4 DIAPERS
- 1 SMALL CHANGING MAT
- 1 SMALL BOTTLE OF HAND SANITIZER

if i don't have this diaper clutch, will i be fishing in my big bag for things? or will this make it easier and neater to me to find?

celyn, sounds handy. where to find this?

m2b, if i drink fresh milk plus the special powedered milk, will it be too much? i'm ok with fresh milk; quite like it. i drink it everyday, though most of the time with milo/horlicks. occasionally with cereal.

btw, i've no prob sleeping. i think it's coz' i sleep at 12+ and wake up at 6+. hardly have enough sleep!

celynlee,
Thanks. Yesterday puked like 6-7 times, today oredi 4 times.
Yesterday, I had fever at almost 38 degrees and was not sure what medicine to take and wen to see a doc.

Snow74,
Me hate to think that this is gonna be longer that the first tri!

Little twin stars,
The problem is, I had already asked for pills. Despite taking the pills, I still vmit.
Yesterday, the doc told me can take ginger tea to help so I am trying now.

Allegy to painkillers
I am also wondering if any mommies here(those who had given birth) is allergic to any painkillers?
ie. Voltren and Synflex?
Apparently my gynae told me i am allergic to both after i gave birth via c-section last round.
I though they are in the same group so i have another group of painkiller to use but
it seems that they are 2 different groups leh .....
means i am not sure what painkiller I can use this time round if i go c-section.

*sigh.

Krex,
When did u go to Dr Woody? The last I went, they ran out of urine strip too. If they ran out again, I'll complain cos i was tested slightly high on glucose last round at KK. Now trying to keep low on sugar.

Whatever I down, it comes out maybe 30mins to 1 hour later.

Milk? No way, it makes my MS worst!

This baby now dun have all the milk, soya drinks, eggs I took during my first preggie.

Shint,
Ur gynae din comment on this?
I mean my gynae told me to get bk to him if i vomitted more than 6 times per day leh.
Are u able to take those vit pills?

Shint,
I am the same as you, I drank a grass of warm milk this morning and had MS the whole day!! Alamak! Last pregnancy I taken lotso fish, milk, soya drinks as well but this one cannot le. Dun really like fish so can only eat curry fish head and BBQ fish. My gynae said if cant take milk then take supplements.

shint,

*HUGZ* hope things get better for you. try to eat whatever appeals to you, u wanna try ensure milk? my gynae gave me thaty when i couldn't stomach anything. it taste like condense milk, it has all the nutrients u need. i buy the ready made ones n dilute it. milk, i will puke but that works for me. hope u get better soon

shint, how many wks are u now? still have MS? mine is toned down, though i still feel nauseous. having been vomitting for the past wk.

went to dr woody on 1 feb. going to see him again tmrw. i suspect it ran out coz' i go quite late but even then, it's no excuse.

thanks .... i am seeing him tomorrow nite ... jus changed the appt cos i was suppose to see him next mon.

gotta check with him on the MS and the allergy to the painkillers .... cos last time he operated on me .. he told me i was allergic to these 2 painkillers.

Me can take Nasi Lemak .. but no nutritional value one. haha.

shint,
that is bad. hope you are getting better. my gynae told me never have my stomach empty or 100%full. at least have it half full or 3/4 full. no matter how bad my appetite is, must at least drink something (be in milk, milo, etc) instead of keeping it empty. keeping this in mind, i find my nausea not as bad. though i do throw out but not so frequent.

oh krex78, u going tomorrow nite? what time? can meet leh ... hee.

i saw him on 13 Feb .... alamak, 1 Feb - 13 Feb no urine sticks???
i should be in my 13th week liao cos last week went to do my OSCAR.

so far I think i am still ok ba .... lost 1-2 kg only.

I eat and vomit, then i become hungry again then i go vomit 30 mins later, then i become hungry again. So sian of eating .... haha.
Feels like those who are "bolimic" - dunno how to spell .... kekeke.

hi mummies,
sorry to intrude, am fr e dec 07 thread,
hav e followin for sale:
1. medela mini electric plus
sellin at: $200
gd condition, used for less than a mth before stoppin bf..

2. avent isis manual pump (5 via cups set)
sellin at: $45
gd condition, used for abt 2 weeks after delivery before switchin to electric pump.

pls pm me for more details and happy pregnancy.
cheers!

Hi Ratatouille,
Please add me to the list. Tks.

Mummy : Saigonapple
Zone : North East
Gynae : Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hospital : Mt A / TMC
BB# : 1

krex
i m currently taking enfamama chocolate flavour powdered milk. enfamama has the lowest fat content among the powdered milk for preg women. i cant stand vanilla milk (whether preg or not) so i dun drink fresh milk. used to like nutrisoy soy bean milk but this preg dun seem to enjoy them. so i try to drink powdered milk to get enough calcium cum nutrients. but i only make half the recommended amt as find it disgusting to drink a big cup of milk. its ok to drink both fresh milk n powdered milk together since we need quite a lot of calcium. the nurse gave me a small tin of Frisomum vanilla n i have hate to try. dun think i will like since vanilla and has higher fat content.

my gynae has not let me use urine strips yet. think some gynae feel still too early. mayb at 15-16wks visit they will let us test it.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shay</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>31-Jul </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Dongle</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>YLN</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Chumint</TD><TD></TD><TD>North </TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Twin Star</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>M2b</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Shinning</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Mulberry</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Yi Lin</TD><TD>24</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Joni</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Mini</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Celynlee</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Thum</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Fitbaby</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Hashisan</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Bobianah</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Gladys</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Anna / Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Evergreen</TD><TD>36</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Watt WF</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Krex</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Val</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hak Koon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Gemini</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Hug</TD><TD></TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Cocomo</TD><TD>32</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Anne</TD><TD></TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>BrieBaby</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Bernadette Y Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Vone</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr ST Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>RTCP</TD><TD></TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Irabuben</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Tan</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>HuiChin</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>East</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Snow</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Happymum</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>AP Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Shenny</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Sandygirl72</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>23-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Cat</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr WL Choo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>24-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Krmeow</TD><TD></TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>25-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>27-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>QiQi</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Hewchen</TD><TD>34</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Kiki</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Shint</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Saigonapple</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A / TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Krex &amp; Shint,

I'm also with Dr Adrian and have been testing for urine for at least the last 3 visits...my last visit was on 4th Feb and I got to do the test. But then maybe you guys going to SK and I'm going to CCK
happy.gif

Hi all,
Did anyone saw the Edison's photos released at the website? It's so disgusting! Yucks!!! My hubby immediately delete the cookies and forbid our son to watch "RA"! kekekeke....
happy.gif

Rata: when would you know your baby's gender? me hopefully in 1 week's time if baby cooperates!

Saigonapple: are you staying near any NE mrt station? me near kovan mrt. you like vietnam? me going hoi an in mar for short trip. hee!

Hewchen, ya lor lately quite a no of new mummies join in
happy.gif
Dun mention.

Earnestmum, I will b going for my appt tomolo hopefully i will get to confirm baby's gender. Have been telling baby to reveal so dat we can start buying stuff for him/her. keekee

Good Morning!

Celyn,
OIC, sounds useful but because I have an existing bb bag which I bought via bulk purchase 2 years back, dun think I will need that. That bag already very useful with changing mat and many compartments. :p But the prints of the diaper clutch are NICE!

Shint,
R u okay? Sounds like you are in a bad state. Hope you will be better soon.

Krex,
I think you can just rely on the powdered milk if you can take it coz there are a lot of nutrients in those milk. But I heard from other threads that those powdered milk quite fattening…I drank it throughout my 1st pregnancy but this time, can stand the taste…

Cocomo,
Thanks for the list!

Agnes,
Welcome! :p

Mini,
Enfamama chocolate powdered milk taste ok? Maybe I can try that. I can’t stand the Dumex mama ones…yucks!

Ernestmum,
You gg Vietnam in Mar? Can get lotsa of kid’s wear at cheap prices there and brands like Osh Kosh etc…

Rata,
Hoep your bb cooperates and let you know the gender tmr then can rush off to buy 1 thing or 2 for him/her 1st.
happy.gif

morning

m2b,
thanks. ok, i think i can consider getting that.
happy.gif

i also hope to know the gender of baby quick so that i can start buying things slowly. heheheh....

Morning ladies!

Hi Agnes,
Welcome. =)

HewChen,
U can still find his photos ah? I thought all ganna blocked or deleted liao leh.

Rata,
Yeah! Do update us tmr ok?
Just sayang ur bb abit lah, then bb will coorporate with u lor...hee hee....

Back