(2008/08) Aug 2008

rata,
i mentioned earlier that my sense of smell heightened sharply at around dpo7 and also around dpo 10/11, i had menstrual cramp pain which is unlikely for me cos usually my cramps starts on cd1/2... how about you? you also tested early at dpo11?

dongle, i see. for me coz on dpo9 i got a tiny little drip of brown discharge. Then after dat my temp increase in the next few days so i thinknig is implantation spotting. so i test on DPO11 lor

Happy 2008 to all MTB
happy.gif

rat,
oic, so you got the normal preggie symptoms that my gynae was asking if i have implantation spotting on my 1st visit... i stop taking temperature on the month that i strike cos after 3 months of taking temp, i find my mood changes together with my temp... too stressed...

Rata,

zone: East
Gynae: Dr Heng
Hospital: East Shore
BB#: 2
EDD: Jul 28

Thanks to update my details....Happy New Year

<font color="0000ff">Ratatouille</font> and <font color="0000ff">dongle</font>
Wah I didn't know those HPK can test before due date. So powerful now.

Me blur blur. I only test 2days after my AF due date.
I first tested using clearblue digital. I couldn't believe it when saw 'pregnant'. I scared is faulty coz mine was the free one when i bought the ovulation kits...keke.. So I kiasu and bought the non-digital clearblue to test again. Few days later, I bought Watson brand one to test again. Hahaha...me crazy hor, bought so many different types.

<font color="0000ff">Yuuri</font>
I remembered Ratatouille said calculate from your O date and then plus 2 weeks to it. That is more accurate way to calculate for those with long cycles. (I heard got ladies with 40 or even 60days cycle!)

Don't worry since you can see bb's heartbeat liao. I've read somewhere the chances for miscarriage will drop alot once heartbeat is detected.
And you said you got bad appetite, that means you got nausea right? That's good also because my gynae said these symptoms are good as they somewhat indicate your pregnancy is going well.
happy.gif

mulberry, ya lor dats how i calculate as ly cycle is as long as 30+ days.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Dongle</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yen </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>YLN</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Chumint</TD><TD>North </TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>M2b</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Twin Star</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Mulberry</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Mini</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Hug</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Anne</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Snow</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Hashisan</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>22-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>QiQi</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Shay</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

I am exactly 2 months preggie today and felt more tired than usual. Went out too long yesterday to Underwater World, Dolphin Lagoon and Songs of the Sea and came back around 10pm and went out to Serangoon Gardens to buy supper around 11.30pm! Songs of the Sea was good and worth trhe $6 spent. Underwater World was so packed with Indian nationals that I thought I was in Little India!!

Dr Adrian Woodworth is pretty near for me, still considering my gyane....can't stand myself..hahaha!

Good Morning all MTBs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Cough and flu is back again…sian
Any MTBs burping alot b4 and after meals? Sometimes to the extent that I wana vomit...

Hi Mulberry,
Ya, my gal very funi 1, always asking me when is Aug coming too…think she can’t wait for bb to come out…my gal is turning 4yo this Fri liao…big gal aldy…

Hi Dongle,
I still have my gal’s scan pics with me in the photo album taken more than 4 years ago…they did not fade at all…

Hi Mini,
My gal already told everyone next time cannot take her didi away liao…she looking fwd to a didi like mommy whereas daddy is looking fwd to a meimei again…didi or meimei will be the last one liao…hiaz, can’t wait for Aug to come quick coz actually I dun like pregnancy period…

Welcome all mommies!

Hi Hashisan,
I have stopped carrying my 14kg gal after discovering I’m preggie liao so I think you beta try not to carry your boy or maybe not so often if can’t avoid…

Hi Avocado,
I dun experience that from my gal but your pregnancy cld be a reason for your gal’s behaviour…understd your tiredness…hope everything will be back to normal for you soon.

Morning ladies. =)

M2B, its lucky that ur gal dun need u to carry her leh. My gal keep sticking to me, I have yet to tell her about having a younger bb....dunno why like that hor....

hihi, this thread move so fast, i can't catch up liao.

kiki, i haven't confirm gynae yet. going to see dr adrian this fri evening. if he's ok, i'll go with him. tried dr chen in punggol at 5 weeks. she's ok but i heard she's ex. btw, i stay in punggol not sengkang.

dongle, 3 scans so u shld be in your 2nd trimester now? i'll ask my gynae for the scan during my next visit. btw, at 8 weeks, what can the scan show ah? i hope it's not a little hole again, as what i saw at 5 wks
happy.gif

m2b, think burping is common. I do burp more too but not till the extend of wan to vomit. For me is mostly after meal.

krex, at 8 weeks can see something more then juz a ball. but is juz not define baby look yet.

hmmm...not very exciting leh. when can i start to see shape of baby?

btw, i think i have afternoon/ evening MS, haha. i feel ok when i wake up but during the later part of the day, esp at night, start to feel uncomfortable. i forced myself to puke yest afternoon so that i don't have that dreadful feeling in me all day!

M2B,
wow, the scans can last that long.... i also burp a lot esp after meals, sometimes eat a bit only burp aledi then dont feel like eating anymore....

krex78,
i hope time passes so fast that i reach 2nd trimester... my 3 scans at 2 weeks interval, ie. week 5, 7 and 9, now at week 10 based on LMP... week 5 scans only show a round sac, week 7 scans showed a oval shaped foetus, week 9 can more or less see the shape of the baby with limbs sticking out...

wow, so wk 8 can see some shape lah? not too bad.

can't wait for 1st trimester to end also. one more mth to go. how come u see gynae so often? mine only once in 3 weeks leh. u still have MS at 10 wks?

dongle....so good leh, me cannot imagine myself in week 10....ha ha....now already whole day not feeling well liao. Did ur gynae requested u to go at 2 wks interval, or u requested? Cos my gynae only scheduled to see me 3 wks later leh.

<font color="0000ff">M2B</font>
Your gal 4yo. This age very cute lah. I have a niece 4+yo. So cute now, can talk so much, and the way she talks so cute and funny.
Btw, your gal not jealous? Is it 4yo is old enough to understand?

Me also burp alot. But I feel better after I burp, else like something 'stuck' in my windpipe.

<font color="0000ff">dongle</font>
wah week 9 can see limbs liao. So nice.
I miss my baby lah. I have to wait until 18th Jan. That time I should be abt week 12.

For me i went on week 5, 6, 8 now waiting for next appt which is week 12 then is end of my 1st tri liao. So looking forward to 19th of Jan.

<font color="0000ff">Ratatouille</font>
Your next appt is week 12? I thought you should be 1 week more than me.

Actually I'm quite confused coz if I count using my LMD, I should be week11 on 18th Jan. But counting using my last scan, I would be abt week12 on 18th Jan (That's what the nurse told me also).
kao_confused.gif

Think the most challenging thing to me everyday is what to eat for next meal. =P
Cannot goto place that got strong smell of food, cannot eat food with taste, etc...
Now even most homecook food is a "no no" to me, cos got taste. Every night can only eat plain bread.

mulberry, cannot be lei. unless ur 080808 edd is not the stated date on the scan. For me on the 19th is 18weeks &amp; 1day. During my 1st appt on 1st Dec was 5weeks mah.

<font color="0000ff">Ratatouille</font>,
Yup, my 080808 EDD is stated on my scan. So that should be the correct one?
So my counting using my LMD is wrong huh?
embarrassed.gif

mulberry, mine is base on the scan lei. When was ur last appt? on dat scan got put how many weeks? mine got indicate the weeks &amp; the edd. So I cant b wrong lei.

<font color="0000ff">Ratatouille</font>
My last appt is on 28th Dec. That time is 8weeks 6days.
Same as yours, mine is also stated on my scan copy.

mulberry, then i dunno lei coz if i count back meaning on 22nd dec u already 8week exactly rite? on 22nd dec i was 8weeks 1day so seemz like u r onli 1 day behind me y edd is 1 week later? hmmm.... funny. i also dunno. how old was baby then? Coz hor like me &amp; dongle both same edd 1st aug but she said she is 10 weeks liao but todae me onli 9weeks 5days. still got 2 days b4 i tun 10 weeks.

happy new year everyone!

wow, move very fast. i'm officially lost
happy.gif

m 9wks plus n not gaining any weight. only tummy big big. weight still the same. strange.

snow,
i hate meal time. everytime when hubby ask me what i wanna eat today, i very sian cos i have no idea. can't say can i have jus pepsi pls.haha

btw,
my hubby say he can hear my babies heartbeats when he put his head on my tummy. but must listen through all my gastric juices

Hee...nevermind le. I think our next appt will be the more accurate one. Let's see what will be my EDD then.

Hi Rata, dongle &amp; mulberry,
I hate the burping man...feel like a toad...sian
On leave this Fri to celebrate my gal's bday...looking fwd...

Hi mulberry,
Yap, 4yo talk alot man...sometimes to the extent I'm tired of answering all the whys... :p...kept insisting to see the scan pics coz wana see bb...was telling hb I will bring her along when can see bb clearly on the scan machine...

nope, she isnt jealous at all leh...she asked for a sibling herself out of the blue...said she will love bb alot next time...everywhere she goes oso wana bring bb... :p

<font color="0000ff">M2B</font>
Gals are usually more chatterbox.
My niece also like to ask why why. There was once I watched 1 carton movie with her and she asked why this, why that, throughout the whole movie.

Your gal so sweet lah. So fast says will love bb alot.
It's good she's not jealous. Next time can help take care of bb for you
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Snow74</font> and <font color="0000ff">little twin stars</font>
I too hate meal times. For 2 weeks liao, I've just been eating plain soupy stuff for lunch &amp; dinner &amp; supper.
So sick of it. But can't help it coz I can't eat other stuff. There was once last week, I ate banana fritters (coz had craving for it) but later I vomitted everything out.
sad.gif

mulberry n snow,

right now i can't live without vit b6. with that my nausea is almost 100% gone. but i need to eat it b4 meal time or i can feel it starting to creep up.
can ask yr dr for it. it helps me lei.
i ate curry n no diarrhoea, so i'm going to start to b adventurous
happy.gif

twin stars,
is vit B6 same as iron tablets? Cos after eating iron tablet, my nausea is better. But my taste bug is bad, I can't eat almost any asian food due to the seasoning lor. Just ate Long John Silver's chicken for lunch, cos it got not much taste....hee hee....yesterday ate chilled soba, cos not much taste also. So if vit B6 is going to help, I think maybe I can request before my wallet burned a big whole. =P

Hi ladies, long time never log on already....

Have been spending last weekend and public holiday lying on bed trying to make myself feel better....haiz. Feeling very nauseous these whole week plus alot of burping and gestric juice really puts me in a bad mood...

Last night i felt so sick that i cried, somehow i felt better after that. Really hope 1st trim will get over quick, cannot stand this anymore

snow,

it's not iron pills. it's a vit specially for nausea. those with bad vomiting.....think it doesn't help them. but it really helped me. i only vomit when the food repels my babies. ask the dr 4 it.

i also love long john silver now except if i eat too much of it also jer lat

Hi mulberry,
ya, maybe bcoz gal thatz why talk non-stop...haha...sometimes want some peace oso difficult...she always goes "mommy, I ask you...."

maybe coz my gal is older liao so thatz why she will tell me she will help feed and change bb next time...say only lah, scully next time come out liao then jealous...hahaha...anyway, I got to work out how to spend individual time with each kid lor...

Hi Qiqi,
The burping oso makes me very agitated...very awful feeling like something stuck inbetween the bust area...burp until i wana puke man...

must keep eating sweets to curb it...

krex78/snow74,
actually 3rd visit should be my week 11 but i was feeling unwell and no appetite so thought of getting some nausea medication so went at week 9... i miss my bb too...

rat,
hahaha... we are confusing ourselves by the everchanging EDD, my gynae say just stick back to the original date so that we can remember it easily... also nearer to date of delivery, the bb's weight and size will determine our EDD more accurately... so dont have to be unduly worried about it... my week 10 is based on my LMP which is 23 Oct 07...

hope most of us will feel better in a few weeks time which is our 2nd trimester...

hi, my pills have vit b6 in it and i think it does help to some extent. my MS so far has been quiet bearable. i do feel uncomfortable at times but at least i can still eat and i don't throw up all the time.

your gynae shld be able to prescribe. mine is folic + vit b6 in one tablet. she didn't give me any pre-natal vitamins or iron. she said no need at this pt in time.

twin star,
Oh, ok. Think by the time I saw my gynae again, it should be almost over liao lor. Should be 9.5 weeks by that time. Dunno if GP can prescribe vit B6 or not lor, cos going to my gynae just to get that is abit more ex ya? =P

QiQi, most of us will feel abit emotionally out of control during 1st tri. If crying out makes u feel better, just do it lor. For my case if I cry, think my hb will heart pain and cry together also....so, I gotta be strong inorder not to scare my gal. Now I only wish that I dun vomit in office, cos the building washroom is a distance away.

dongle,
Ya, another 3-4 wks. ENDURE!!!!

Happy 2008 gals!

took urgent leave today cos of the giddy spells and nausea have to turn back home half way to work. These few days the dizziness is getting bad.. like some of u no appetite and dunno wat to eat for each meal. Difficult to work but have to hang on...

Ratatouille,

now EDD is 31 Jul but i will stick to my first EDD 4 Aug to guage the growth progress of my baby.

Congrats little twin stars on ur twin babies
happy.gif
u are really blessed
happy.gif

Qiqi,

like u i also broke down and called my husband on new year's eve cos i knock off earlier than him. Cos i was feeling very unwell and no appetite. Feel helpless. Wanna cry it out and talk to someone. Work was very stressful then too... felt better after crying... think cos of the hormones we are more emotional
happy.gif

hee.. hard to say man...
hope baby grows well and healthy..
Hope this pregnancy is a smooth one and goodbye to unhappy 2007! Rite Ratatouille
happy.gif

krex,

think those pure vit b6 works better than folic n vit b6 from what i hear.

snow,
m 9wks plus, still feel nausea n can here and there so can;t stop my vit yet. so can jus ask 4 it jus in case, if not u can try calling yr gynae to ask 4 it n get yr hubby to pick it up so ne need to see gp

hi peppermint,
although i prayed for twins. all i can say is it's not easy n i will not encourage people to hope for twins now but of cos if they are game for it. gd la
happy.gif

rata,
edd always change one. mine was from 9aug to 5aug, now dr say most prob end july cos twins. i also dunno how to book confinement nanny like that

peppermintt, ya lor goodbye to unhappy 2007. same to mulberry.

twin, no lei. my edd ve been unchanged staying at 1st aug since 6weeks. coz during 5 weeks cant see anything gynae didnt even advise edd &amp; give scan juz confirm preg.

Dear ladies, thanks for your comforting words
happy.gif
I know i must endure this but somehow i get agitated easily and feel so helpless that i cannot make myself feel better....

Have been in office, walking around and not doing much work. Felt so uncomfortable that i cannot concentrate and zero productivity
sad.gif

Now already headache wat to eat for dinner. Have not had anything solid the whole day, no energy.

Later still have to drive home, wish i have magic and be home at the snap of my fingers.

twin stars, if pure vit b6 is really more effective, will ask my gynae for it, haha. now i can still feel a little bit uncomfortable. i will feel so blessed if pure vit b6 can take away any discomfort from now till end of 1st trimester, haha.

for those having MS, why not try soup or porridge? i suddenly thought of that this afternoon. maybe something nourishing like black chicken soup? or porridge with sweet potato, eat with potato &amp; baked beans, kiam chye, etc? i'm going home to cook bbq wings and potato with baked beans and porridge tonight. hope this helps with the stupid uncomfortable feeling i'm having now!

krex,
Porridge with bottle chye sim still can, soup with taste is out. =P
My sis tried to cook so many combi of veggie and clear soup for me, all cannot. Think she is as tired as me now, some time feel really sorry when I left all her food on the table untouched lor.

krex,

i can't stomach porridge. no app to eat that. can only swollow a few mouths n i don't wanna eat anymore. even when i force myself to eat everything i will end up in gastic pain a few hrs later. think we r not supposed to eat herbal stuffs until later on lei. beans stuffs also avoid es if u burp alot cos it causes more gas. kiam chye is cooling cannot eat la.
now u know why i so sick of meal time. those that i wanna eat, can;t eat. alot of food is out of the list. think also sian
happy.gif

yup yup krex78, i just asked my mum to cook porridge, then i will just eat it with salted veg. Sounds unhealthy but no choice, cannot stomach other solid food....

Ladies i hope you all will have better appetite than me and feeling much better
happy.gif

Back