(2008/08) Aug 2008

hi mulberry,

another gastric mtb, hee. everything u describes sounds like me too.
when i found out i am preg, i wanted to go to lc cheng cos my mom knows the cheng family n could give me a discount. but becos i'm having twins, they suggested i be at kkh cos most twins need special care n in case they need to b in nicu ( touch wood ) it will cost me a bomb
sad.gif
like 1k per twin per day! most stay for 1 mth, so u do the math
sad.gif
if i'm not carrying twins, i will either go tmc or mt a liao.....sigh

now as long as babies healthy, i don't mind la

Hi gals,

visited my gynae yest and am glad baby is growing well. EDD pushed forward by another 2 days. Baby is now 2.54 cm and heart beat avg 175. Gynae said yellow discharge during pregnancy is common and not to worry. Next visit will be 3 weeks later to do the oscar test, blood test and can sign package.

Tummy is getting bigger and my pants and jeans are getting tighter. I have to un button but with zip on in order to wear it...

YLN,

the maternity insurance is not to cover the hospitalisation or delivery cost. It's to cover for things that may happen to baby eg congenital disease and baby has to undergo ops and hospitalised.

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/i-Maternity/

hi mulbery, wow finally another mtb who eat n eat. i also can't stand it, but i ws not given Mylanta, i was told that it's alright to eat Actal Antacid. The acid in the stomach is so terrible. I need to pop in 2 tablets at night. even after i 'filled' my stomach and just can't eat anymore, the stomach is still so acidic, it's suffering - can't eat anymore, can't puke, can't sleep ... i hope the medicine is not affecting the bb.

twin - i was wondering is there one second ever that u thot u regretted it due to the physical discomfort? lol.

twin, mulberry - what is Mylanta, sounds good i think i want to go and get also. up to now i still can't sleep thru the whole nite. i'm getting chronic fatigue in the day, i think i really need some medicine. by the way, you 2 dun drink milk right? i heard drink milk will get worst in our case.

hi <font color="0000ff">little twin stars</font>,
I really regret not taking good care of myself when I was younger. Last time, when I was in my teens, I don't like to eat, skip meals, etc.. That's why got mild gastric problem all along.
Now am preggie, it triggers my gastric so badly.
Oh forgot to Congrats you on your twins!
happy.gif
Twins are soooo adorable.
But you are right, it will be expensive. I will also choose kkh if I have twins.
Yeah, pte hospital are so expensive. That day, I had slight bleeding, so I was admitted to TMC. I stayed there for 2 nights. The costs is a bomb! But luckily bb was fine.
Actually that time, I was thinking, if continue got bleeding (touchwood), I need to transfer to kkh liao, coz cannot afford to stay so many more nights in TMC.

hi <font color="0000ff">hug_me</font>
I can fully 100% understand your situation. Coz me like you. Before I take the Mylanta, I had to eat and eat also. So sick of eating. and I could only eat certain food coz generally I had no apetite (most food taste yucky to me).
Actually now, before I go to sleep, I take the Mylanta and eat a bowl of mee sua. Then I can sleep throughout the whole night.
My tummy is getting bigger now, not coz of the bb, it's just FATS.
lame.gif

My gynae said the Mylanta is ok to take during pregnancy. he said can take few times a day if necessary.
I think yours should be the same bah. It should be safe since it's prescribe by your gynae.

Need advice from you gals:
Is it "not good" to go to friend's baby first month celebration" during my 8weeks preggy next Sunday. Anyone heard of that before. Thought of going with my girl next week.

<font color="0000ff">hug_me</font>,
Mylanta is suppose to neutralise the stomach acid. This mylanta is in liquid form.
You can actually get it from the major pharmacies. That's what my gynae told me.

Re: milk
yeah, if you are having gastric pain, cannot take milk as it will make it worse.
For now, I only drink the Annum powdered milk (choc flavour). That one is ok for me.

hi <font color="0000ff">avocado</font>,
I have heard of this before. it's some belief that there is some clash. It's the same concept/belief that you don't attend your fren's wedding if it is the same month as yours.

So I guess it depends on how superstitious you are. Do you believe in these sort of things? If you don't, then should go bah. Especially if it's your good friend.

hug me,

i can't talk milk or even milo. tried once n puked all the milo out almost imm! only milk i could drink is ensure. es when i feel a little hungry i drink that so don't have to eat so much.now i totally don't rely on mylanta already
happy.gif
u must find what works for u

avocado,
i read about it too n ask my mil. she say as long as "xi" happy occasions ok, funeral avoid. it's really up yr believes

mulberry - haiyo mulberry, you should post earlier to share your experience, i was like
sad.gif
. .. Mylanta sounds good i think i'm going to buy it. Really can't take the hunger and acid and all.

my tummy also like fat fat leh. i just bought 2 pieces of maternality bottoms
happy.gif
- stretchable kind - coz my usual office wear is tight skirt and i can't wear them anymore.

Mulberry, U r wif LC Cheng for ttcing? Alot of gals who are ttcing will go to him. U r not alone. I had CP in aug this yr too. so worried over this current one. But now i slowly learn to relax &amp; leave it to fate. if is fated to be mine it will be mine.
happy.gif
I wish to ve same edd as u lei 080808

Gals, for me i m now wearing 1 size bigger jeans, as for top still ok.

peppermintt, so edd now is 2 aug?

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Dongle</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yen </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>YLN</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>M2b</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Twin Star</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Mulberry</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Mini</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Hug</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Anne</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Snow</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>QiQi</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

rata,

tks for compiling! as i'm having twins, i might even end up giving birth in july. hope to keep them in for as long as possible

twin, ya lor the longer they are inside the bigger they will b. coz twins usually smaller size. was it ur side or hubby side wif twin history. So will u stop after this or go for 1 more?

rata,

my uncle is a pair of twins. will stop lo.......wishing 4 long fong tai. becos i have to wait so long for my next scan, i;m very worried lei. read all those horror stories about missed miscarriage n panic
sad.gif

twin, when is ur next appt? me also cant wait for my next appt is a 4 weeks wait for me so far 1 week passed still got 3 more weeks to go. For me i got CP (m/c) b4 so i m even more paranoic.

rata,

can totally understand how u feel. mine also 4 wks apart n i tot they r supposed to monitor twins closely that's y i wanted to change hospital, sigh.
my last app was 13 dec! next is 11 jan!
the wait is driving me crazy. dunno whether to tell friends. but scared if anything happ, but hubby very positive. told me to stop worrying

carine,
i used those internet strips for 2 months &amp; BD on the day both test and control line equally dark &amp; for the next 2 days. Then i became impatient &amp; bought the fertility monitor which display a "peak" sign &amp; i BD for the 2 days that the "peak" sign appear. I used the monitor for 2 months then strike le... i think they should be the same except that i dont need to keep comparing whether the lines are dark enough or not...

Wow!! Mulberry, finally an EDD on 080808 has appeared :)

I quite like 110808 too cos 1188...hee, hee!!

Tomorrow is last day of the year, Happy New Year!

rata,

i went for 2 app. one at wk5 to c sac, next at 6ks plus to c heartbeats. now waiting for 3rd app at 10 wk pls. think i better give up worryin about things beyond my control ...... Leave it to God's hands to watch over my babies
happy.gif

hang in there, each wk pass is such an accomplishment!

hi everyone,

im a young first time mother...i just wanted to check if anyone is feeling the same...i feel ill all the time, nauseous, cant stand all types of smells, everything that usually should smell normal to me now smells totally different, certain foods are totally off putting!...i feel bloated and full of gas and uncomfortable all the time... i cant stand straight coz of the discomfort and my lower tummy is hard and begining to bulge ( is this normal at 7 weeks?)

i feel so ill all the time, and the only relief i get is when im asleep... is there anything that can be done to relieve these feelings? how do you all cope? please advise =(

babyemma

hi ratatouille,

Please add me to the list:

Mummy: babyemma
Zone: east
Gynae: LN SIM
Hospital: TMC
BB#: 1
EDD: 16 Aug 2008

thanks

oh dear twin - u all got me worried.
sad.gif
why the appt so far apart? what is the rate of your bb heartbeat?? i think mine is 60 per minute (like too lottle heartbeat)and i was asked to go back 2 wks later. Oh dear, i m real worried now.

twin, I m like u i went for 1st appt at 5weeks saw the sac then 2nd appt at 6weeks to see the heart beat &amp; 3rd appt at 8 weeks so now waiting for the next appt which will b 12weeks then
happy.gif

hi baby emma, i'm also at 7 wks plus. i think that's pretty normal. i'm starting to feel uncomfortable, though not yet nauseous. vomited for the 1st time yest coz' i was feeling uncomfortable even 3 hours after brekkie. today just stoning at my computer. i think taking a sweet helps. for me, i eat hacks vit c sweet and it helps me feel better. or try eating some biscuits. maybe it's your body telling you that you feel hungry.

hugme,

the dr didn';r bother to check the rate of my babies' heartbeats lei. both times i asked cos u guys seem to know the rate. both times the dr say it looks normal no need to check. y like tt? i don't even know my babies' rate lei. when did u check? how many wks r u? y did they tell u the heartrate? is it becos they find it slow so they monitor? if so, u r in gd hands, at least they monitor. don;t worry, jus talk to yr bb to grow well. if worried, i will seek a second opinion

rata n hugme,
yest n this morn i woke up with sharp pelvic pain so scared bladder infection so ks...went kk 24 hr clinic. took urine test .actually my main objective is to c if my babies r growing well, hehe. aparenlt everything's ok. both got heartbeats n the dr think i do not have an infection but the uterus is pressing on the bladder tt's y.one thing i noticed, i bb is more prominent than the other. dunno y. must ask dr loh when i c hin on 11 jan.
can't stand the long wait!

hi m2b,

thanks
happy.gif
twins not easy
sad.gif
alot of discomforts all start very early! like painful pelvic cos uterus is bigger. ms starts at wk 5, round ligament pain so early in preg. gotta take extra care. otherwise, i'm happy with twins cos can close factory liao
happy.gif

twin, think is normal dat 1 of the twin will be bigger size than the other rite? For my gynae he measure the heart beat rate during my 6weeks appt then during 8weeks appt he didnt plan to take measurment. But i ask for it so he say specially for me
happy.gif

Morning ladies,
Wow, this thread move really fast ya?

baby emma,
Ya, dun worry. The gas inside my stomach is making noise till my colleague sitting next to my keep looking at me....hee hee...tahan abit, it will mostly be over after 12th week. Try to avoid food court or market kinda places, food doesn't smell nice to most of us also. =)

Hi twin,
Congrats!
I remember how difficult it is when my sis is carrying a twins, do be careful when u move around. Cos the weight is no joke leh.

rata,

i asked the dr both times for teh heart rate but they jus refuse to tell me, jus say normal...bang! or they lazy to measure cos got 2? angry
sad.gif

snow,
now when i move around i need to be slow. no stamina to shop like in the past i was a shopaholic man. now can't stand 30 mins of shopping w/o trying to look 4 seats
sad.gif
yes....it is no joke! i can't really straighten my back when i walk. when i look at other preg ladies i wonder y mine like very diff compared to them es when i see them walking very fast n shopping away

snow, i really hope it will stop at week 10, as what my gynae suggested. can't imagine feeling uncomfortable or nauseous for more than a mth!

wah, if avoid food court, i will go broke in no time. can't imagine going to restaurant for lunch and dinner everyday, haha.

twin,
Ya, rest more so that ur baby inside will get sufficient blood flow and oxygen from u. 2 of them fighting for it hor. I remember I still ask my sis if she needs a trolley to put her tummy on when she walks around....hee hee....I'm only very young at that time.

krex,
Its always +- 10 weeks, MS dun break suddenly one. Who knows, u might get better before ur 10th week ended.

Rat,
Its ok....hee hee....If twins are side-by-side, normally their size and weight won't diff alot. If they are (or slightly are) 1 up and another down, possibility of getting them diff in size are greater. But in both cases, its very normal. Dun need to worry for the baby being pressed below, cos it will ended up be the elder. =P

Hi Little twin stars,
Yap, you must take extra care of yourself coz not easy carrying twins. For me, this is my 2nd pregnancy and will be my last too…heehee

My next appt is oso on 11 Jan!

krex,

i also can't stand foodcourt or hawker food n worst...home cook food gives me nausea every meal time
happy.gif
hubby say my babies have high taste n burning a hole in his pocket! haha

snow,
how i wish there is a device to hold my tummy later in preg man. can;t imagine the weight!

m2b,

aiya, same app day but diff location.
u must start telling yr first child he/she is going to have a sibling n must share toys hor
happy.gif

the thing about carrying twins is i don'tfeel the urge to urine at all cos my bladder is so pressed. when i feel my bladder getting painful or full, i know it's time to go. bad right?
sad.gif

twin stars, i started to have cravings last week and my hubby insists it's too early to have them yet, haha. first it was hot dogs, then yam cake, then noodles with ketchup. foodcourt was still ok and appetite was fairly good. now i don't know. i feel uncomfortable today - dunno whether hungry or what. just don't have a gd feeling. and my stamina is quite bad these days. can get tired climbing a flight of stairs
sad.gif

twin, same thing....ha ha....my hb also said all my babies are non-chinese, cos they dun like chinese food. But can't help leh, walk pass market only I'll feel like vomitting. This "no asian food" problem does not happen during 1st trimester only hor, it persisted thru-out my whole preggy for my 1st pregnancy.

snow, i seem ok with chinese food. in fact, my cravings are mainly singaporean local food, haha. luckily i'm not having this baby in oz coz' i haven't craved for steak and fries yet!

btw, does anyone know if i will get a printout of the scan by the end of 1st trimester? i haven't announced news to family yet - tot it would be nice to show a pic of the baby during the announcement, haha.

krex, there is no fixed timing for food craving during preggy 1 lah...ha ha...my gynae said for 1st trimester, just eat what u craving lor. 2nd trimester onwards then remember to eat healthy food. =)

wah, u mean i can just eat w/o guilt whenever i crave? i'd feel very guilty if i keep craving for unhealthy food. u reckon it's a boy? my friends who had girls craved for more healthy food like fruits, etc. leh.

snow, i'm only at 7 weeks plus the last time i went at 5 weeks plus, she did a vaginal scan. nothing much to see anyway.

do i have to pay for the scan or can they give me one and keep another for their files? i think my gynae stapled the scan onto my file last time.

no leh, I dun remember my 1st gal crave for anything. My 1st preggy is as per normal, no craving or anything like that. But for this 2nd baby, dunno gal or boy, keep craving for fruits.
Any fruits, eat till I diarrhea leh.

krex,
for my gynae, they will give me the 1st 2 scans. After that, all will be inside VCR tape. Maybe they wanna capture the movement also lor. =)

snow, maybe it's a girl then? my friend who had a girl liked fruits during her pregnancy.

hmm...so i guess if i'm seeing my gynae this fri for the 2nd time, i shld ask for the scan? i was hoping 3rd time got another scan coz' i'm only prepared to announce after 1st trimester.

Back