(2008/08) Aug 2008

Ya lor....hug, really envy u leh.

Think my little rat inside like watermelon juice. Every time after drinking a cup of watermelon juice, my MS will go away awhile. But the qn is, is it wise to drink so much watermelon juice during 1st trimester?

Hi rat

I just wanting to add in my details.

Anyway, i am edd 10 aug 08.

Me having bad MS too. This is my second pregnancy. It is totally different from my first.

hi all
past 2 days feel that my tummy grow a bit n my skirts n pants feel tight. oh no, not much clothes to wear to work already! still too early to wear maternity clothes.

gynae clinic told me to go at 4pm today since should be not so crowded. kind of sian have to go out during that time.

hug me
can understand the terrible feeling. i also hate to get hungry so often. good thing is i dun feel like that at the moment. every night before sleep will check to see if i m hungry.. if so will eat as hungry will make me dun sleep well. how many wks are u already? hopefully 2nd trimester will be better.

ratatouille
for stretch marks cream i used Boots brand one during previous preg. bot from guardian and tat time cost $13+ per tube. not sure now still sell or not. actually for stretchmarks think if inherit to have will have it i think. got friemds who applied stretchmark cream n yet still have stretch marks. of coz prevention is always good.

YLN
do u try to eat more protein n high in iron food? read from baby centre that those preg mums with low iron will experience v bad MS.

i also find water bland.. still try to drink. take in small frequent sips. think drink juice is ok since its fluid also. mayb wait till the orange juice not so cold then drink?

Snow74 - think watermelon v cooling leh. u better dun drink too much. in case u got cough you'll feel worst i think. Dun envy me, i really dun feel gd
sad.gif
you should envy those who feel no diff whether preggy or no preggy, they are the most blessed lot. i feel like puking but dun dare to eat sour plums incase i get hungry faster coz its acidic.

mini..i'm also not sure what kind of food i eat will have high protein or iron..basically..all food taste horrible now...fish, chicken...etc...so im eating quite a bit of junk food..like maggi mee (cuz its more tasty!)..biscuits....chocolate...peanuts..anything except proper food..sigh..so depressing...

were u using the boots botanics stretchmark corrector? im using that one now..bought it in UK..not sure if its effective..

mini - at least u understand me... hungry all the time, i really dun have so much time to eat. at least now i'm on leave. when i go back to work next month i really dunno how to work. hopefully i can 'stock up energy' these few days and when i go back to work next week i eat less. hohohoh. dunno whether it work that way. i m abt 7 wks already. frankly i'm getting worried if this hunger pangs persist. i mean its going to affect all my daily activities.

hug ..i also try to stop eating sour plum..cuz i always end up puking !..and see the vomit so disgusting...with all the sour plum...yukk..

hug,
Ok, got it. Same sentiment. Thanks.
Really got people dun feel any diff during 1st trimester ah? Then I really envy them.

mini,
Thanks for ur info. Think during my 1st pregnancy I went to my gynae very early and was given iron tablets, that might tell why I'm experiencing MS now? Hopefully....then I think its time I go visit my gynae and get iron tablets liao...hee hee...

snow74,
i read somewhere in the forum that we should avoid "liang" fruits and watermelon is "liang". Try not to take too much ok?

hugme,
im also extremely hungry very often but wont wake up in the middle of the nite to eat... last time i used to sleep till noon time during weekends, now i wake up at 9/10 am cos im hungry and need to eat immediately... but every meal i take a bit then full le... eat too much feel like puking...

YLN,
i also find that i drink very little plain water now... last night i tried to drink more water cos i felt a bit heaty after eating the chocolate logcake. End up i felt nauseous and felt like puking the plain water out...

YLN
try to eat more green vege n pork/beef since high in iron. i m trying to do that for myself though all food also taste yucky to me. try to put in a bit more seasoning so that they taste better.

hmm.. dun think my stretchmark cream is that one.. but then mine was 3-4yrs ago already so Boots may change the product name n the content may still be the same. so far i find Boots brand not bad and not oily.

hug me
hopefully u will feel better when u go back to work and can have better sleep then. else sure v tough to endure thru the long hrs of work. meanwhile try to eat healthy food.

dongle...ur EDD same as me...howz ur MS getting along? i am experiencing bloating..pants getting tight...i hate the feeling...u mention u feel like puking..but do u end up puking? I always have the urge and i try to control,but cannot, i have to throw up in the end..so irritating...

snow74
think low iron might be y u feeling MS. get the iron tablets early first to see if the MS gets better. meanwhile try to eat more high iron food.
happy.gif

YLN, my MS is more like nauseousness and feeling uncomfortable rather than actual puking. When i have the urge, i tried to puke but nothing came out. If really puke out then have to start to eat again hor... I cant wear any of my pants now cos my tummy is very bloated.. Only can wear those low fitting skirts or elastic waist band ones and dresses now..

dongle, thanks for the advise. =)

mini, I will. Because my 1st preggy wasn't that bad lor, now even before 7wks I start feeling the power of MS liao. Will felt asleep in the middle of nowhere leh, really dunno how to explain. Now keep yawning again.

hi, can i have a show of hands which MTBs are having MS now at how many wks? i'm 6 1/2 wks now but no MS yet. just have the urge to puke after meals so sometimes i stick my tongue out as if i'm trying to vomit and i feel better. so far no real vomit yet. my gynae says i shld get it between wks 7-10. so now still waiting...

btw, she gave me folic + B6 vitamins combined into one tablet. i think the B6 is helping to combat MS (according to her). maybe u ppl ask your gynae for prescriptions too.

some of my clothes are getting tight too, but i dun really wanna wear maternity clothes till 2nd trimester. what abt the other MTBs?

krex,
Ya, normally the 10th week. =P
My 1st pregnancy was like u, no symptom until 10th week.
So, think its really time for me to visit my gynae. Can imagine me sleepy and keep burping when my boss talking to me? hee hee....
Will try to wear normal clothing till I can't squeeze into them lor.

krex78

wat u feeling is consider ms liao... in my 1st tri, i dun vomit only feel like wanna puke thru out 1 tri... feel nauseous is also ms...

snow, so i guess i shldn't be too happy yet lor. how long did your MS last? just week 10 only? was it very bad?

cheryl, if MS is just a feeling of wanna puke, i would be so thankful
happy.gif
i dun really feel nauseous, just uncomfortable usually after meals, as if i ate too much. actually, i did feel like that even before i was preggie. just sticking my tongue out and trying to puke makes me feel less full, heehee.

YLN, if u same edd as dongle then so r u with me & agnes too. U wan to provide ur details.

Crazy, wat abt zone? where u stay?

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dongle</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yen </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>M2b</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mini</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anne</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>QiQi</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

krex78 &amp; snow74,
i also dun want to wear maternity clothes till 2nd trimester... now wearing some babydoll and loose tops and dress... hopefully nobody noticed.. cos i dun want my colleagues to know till then...

i agree with cheryl that feeling nauseous is part of MS (morning sickness) &amp; it may happen anytime of the day, not only in the mornings, the only consolation is that you know the baby is growing well... :p

haha dongle, i dunno whether to feel happy or sad. happy that my MS is not too bad after all, but sad and worried if my pregnancy is normal. but i guess some MTBs experience it quite late, so maybe i'm still early. what abt u?

krex

sometime without ms doesnt mean ur pregnancy is not normal... u shd feel happy. cos having naseous or ms puking is really xin ku de wor

Rat,
Can help to add me in also? Thx.
I live in the south, should be going to GlenE.

krex,
Yes, I dun feel anything except vomitted like hell on the 10th wk for my 1st pregnancy. I was given folic acid and iron tablets at that time. I remember I can't get out of bed at all, can't brush teeth or even wear bra during tat wk.
Bad huh? But everything went away after that wk, miracles.

dongle,
I bought only 2 maternity top during my 1st preggy, can save just save lah...hee hee...
But heard that 2nd preggy tend to have a bigger tummy, think gotta buy some bottoms also liao.

Oops! Sorry, Rat. Cos I had yet to goto my gynae, so can only estimate my edd to be mid Aug? Gynae should be Dr Gordon Lim, unless my hb got any other suggestion. =P
Thx.

cheryl, me keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go well
happy.gif

snow, i dun mind vomitting just for one week and taking mc from work. shiok!

snow, hahaha ps i missed it.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dongle</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yen </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>M2b</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mini</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anne</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snow</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>QiQi</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

krex78/cheryl,
ya ... must clarify that no MS doesnt mean that pregnancy not going well... just that MS ensures that baby is growing well... my sis-in-law got real puking MS for 9 months, baby is healthy and of normal weight... she got hospitalised for a few times for puking &amp; have to be on the drip cos she cant eat at all... so we are blessed that our MS is mild compared to others...

during my 1st visit to gynae on my 5th week, gynae say that MS usually start around 7th week... mine started 6 weeks plus...

Rat - i will update u. i going gynae later the week.
happy.gif
now i'm going to eat mee pok n quay chap. v hungry. :p i eat until i got no money $ already.

Make Baby,
I did not do a triple blood test or a nuschal translucency test during my #1 too.
I think all these are optional. I only do those in the package like 5th mth scan and this Thealesseium test (duno the spelling). I also use Coco and no stretch marks even I put on 16kg.

Glas,
Today my tummy seem to balloon and I can’t wear my pants and skirts liao. I feel so uncomfortable wearing my skirt. But my tummy also not too big to wear to maternity cloths. Really headache as I don’t know what to wear to work tomorrow. Nobody at work knows abt my preggy yet.

Snow,
My #1 also no MS, but this time I feel MS @ 5wks. Wonder if they are of diff sex.

hi all
back from gynae check-up.. so unlucky when i went there he was out to delivery so waited almost an hr for him. according to the due date calculator nurse have she says my EDD is 11aug. did a scan and fetus is at 7wks. there is always plus minus no. of days. heartbeat is detected
happy.gif
gynae said everything is normal. v short check up as i have nothing to ask him. actually nothing much to ask him at this stage just waiting to make sure bb growing well. dunno y he scheduled for next visit to be 2wks later which is so soon. i remember for 1st preg only see him at 1 mth interval. could be too early to start package as his package starts at 3rd mth preg.

after check up felt hungry n a bit nauseous so went to buy meiji crackers to eat. else dunno how to make it home.

sigh tmr and fri have full day seminar 8-6. dunno can take it or not. imagine sitting on that same chair for so many hrs.

krex
yar nauseous feeling is considered MS and most of the time no puking. but usu there will be a few days to a wk where we may feel extremely terrible. i remembered for me ard wk 9-10. after wk 10 over MS went away.

hug me
its personal preference where we wanna deliver. kkh also good.. i got a friend gave birth to her first one in TMC. now she is preg with 2nd one n dunno is it she has bad experience with her gynae or what she changed to kkh. she is now v happy with kkh.

usu u eat two bowls of stuff at one go?

mini,
As i never experinence MS during my #1, all the while I thought MS is vomit, so nauseous feeling also MS huh. Then I have it like 24 hrs per day. Will it get worst or not? Now i am only 6weeks already like that cannot imagine ard 9-10weeks

avocado, think hug also not yet visited the gynae.

Me so far also no ms *finger cross* hope it does not comes at 10 weeks. So far i onli got buttok ache hahaha

mini - now sometimes i need to eat 2 portion coz my stomach cannot be filled. and every meal i eat i worry 2 hours later what to eat. it is not psychological because u can hear the stomach churning and growling n arrgghhhh... the feeling is horrid extreme starvation feeling. i never felt like that in my whole life even when i starve whole day i never felt so hungry. frankly i dun enjoy eating ok.
sad.gif

avocado
correct the nauseous feeling is MS. even giddy feeling also. as long as we dun feel same as before preggie then can consider MS. usu will get worst at wk 9-10 i think. i remembered feeling so giddy when going to wk 10 tat i cant go back home from office on my own. tat time felt v uncomfortable as nauseous n finally puked. during my 1st preg total puked twice.

actually if u are feeling ok n no bleeding dun need to see gynae so early else kind of waste money. wait till wk 8-9 then see. but then we want the assurance to make sure there is heartbeat. even today after gynae visit, i told myself seem like visit too early should have wait for 1-2wks more.

hug me
i see. dunno whats inside your stomach to make u digest food so fast! u dun have to work till end of mth right? if possible try to cook ur own food to eat. not so oily and can be quite nutritious.

Rat
think u belong to the lucky few who do not experience any MS. better pray hard MS dun hit u. not good feeling u know...

mini, ya i know. bt my buttok ache also headache. sit, stand, sleep too long at same position then will ache liao.

hug,
When is your appt? How many weeks r u now?

Mini,
I pray my MS stay in this way as cannot imagine going to work ard 9-10weeks and puke all the way.

Back