(2008/04) April 2008

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: JWT (46 East Coast Road)
Cost : S$35 per family (2 parents and 1 baby) Please transfer $35 to my POSB Savings account, 102-18206-5, indicating your nick in SMH

Venue Rental: Veronica

Photography - Angel & Hubby

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

Yes, We'll like to have a April Babies' Bday Bash!

1. Angel, Hubby & Dana
2. scubababe, hubby & Byron
3. strawberries, hubby & gideon
4. puffish, hubby & Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) & Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby & Claire
7. Winter & Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby & Alaric + maid --- Transfer done. Ref no. 2114328746
9. Serene123 & roy zak
10.mushloom, hubby n ivan
11. JuniorRain, hubby & Eshin(can't cfm cos mayb gt gug class)
12. Jaspire & Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan & Clairese
14. maomi, hubby & sean
15. mifi,hubby n issac
16. vonn, hubby and kaleb - ref 2114681435
17. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.
18. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah
19. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden
20. goodbb and bb
21. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe) --- <font color="aa00aa">(Transferred on 12 Feb, Ref: 2114764254)</font>
22. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden
23. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
24. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
25. Xiang + Hubby + Ethan
26. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
27. Tratties + Hubby + Adrynna
28. Joellez + Hubby + Dominic + helper ---(12 Feb trx 2114681532)

Veron, a friend of mine whose baby also born in April is keen to join the bday bash as well. She is not a member of the forum, so I register on her behalf can?

Cost : S$35 per family (2 parents and 1 baby) Please transfer $35 to my POSB Savings account, 102-18206-5, indicating your nick in SMH

Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

1. Angel, Hubby &amp; Dana
2. scubababe, hubby &amp; Byron
3. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
4. puffish, hubby &amp; Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire
7. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid --- Transfer done. Ref no. 2114328746
9. Serene123 &amp; roy zak
11. JuniorRain, hubby &amp; Eshin(can't cfm cos mayb gt gug class)
12. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
14. maomi, hubby &amp; sean
15. mifi,hubby n issac
20. goodbb and bb
21. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe) --- (Transferred on 12 Feb, Ref: 2114764254)
23. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
24. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
29. Maddysmum on behalf of: Zia+Mummy+Daddy- Tentative, will confirm soon.

15. mifi,hubby n issac
20. goodbb and bb
21. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe) --- (Transferred on 12 Feb, Ref: 2114764254)
23. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy (Transaction Reference 2114888267 )
24. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
29. Maddysmum on behalf of: Zia+Mummy+Daddy- Tentative, will confirm soon.

angel, r u feeling better? eu yan san has very good powder for dry cough. maybe you can try it. you can also try drinking lo han guo.

btw thanks for e link regarding application of passport for julian.we going sydney with my family. my hubby and i studied there and really missed e place so we decided to bring julian there. I've yet to take a decent photo to submit to Ica. so sad have to give e party a miss. was looking forward to it.

2 front tooth
so relieve to know tat e gap in between e 2 front teeth is normal. like nana I thought of braces too. haha. julian's top 3rd tooth broke through but e gums for 4th is swollen and e bottom 3 and 4 gums is swollen too. poor boy. keep screaming in e morning. likely e pain comes in e morning and e night is fine.

15. mifi,hubby n issac---(transfered on 12/2/08.)
20. goodbb and bb
23. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy (Transaction Reference 2114888267 )
24. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
29. Maddysmum on behalf of: Zia+Mummy+Daddy- Tentative, will confirm soon

Mummies,anyone experincing allergy after giving Baby Yoplait?? Last nite trie to introduce this yoghurt to my gal.After eating just 1 scoop,red patches started to appear around her mouth shortly.Her lower lip was also swollen like a sausage!!Was so worried then..But after about half an hr,the swelling was gone.Thank God!

So any mummies know what she might be allergic to?

hi deby82,
my gal(9mth+) also got e same situation as urs lei but not worst till got sausage lip, only red patches ard her mth ard. i gave her vanilla flavour- 1 scoop also, then e next moment e effect start. Next day, i gave her tried a few slips of vanilla ice-cream, also same thing happen.i tok is she allergic to vanilla but my sil said shouldnt be as if food allergic, it should occured on body lei...now me also confused

Deby82,

FYI, PD advise us to give new food to baby in the day time so that we can monitor for any allergy reaction. What flavour did you feed her?

Jules Mum - I fed her banana flavour at around 6 plus yesterday.

Marikosan - My gal oso 9mths plus.Me oso confused whether is it an allergy reaction but most likely it is.Now don't ever dare to try feeding her with that again.The interesting thing is that day i was eating some frozen yoghurt &amp; i gave her some,but nothing happened leh &amp; she liked it alot. Since she like it,i decided to let her try Baby Yoplait loh..In the end,this thing happened.
sad.gif

i feed her vanilla flavour during cny time then red patches happened. later i itch hand, test wif banana flavour (last week only), nothing happen, funny rite?

Wah...So strange.Ur gal is 'allergic' to vanilla &amp; mine - banana.Don't know whats the cause of it..Could it be due to milk?

Deby,

Have u gave your gal banana before? Is she on cow's milk? It's quite strange she's alright with the adult yogurt and not the baby yogurt.

Hi mummies, during my last visit to Dr, they say after intro to new food (esp milk based products and egg), if red rashes around the mouth, then it is allergy.

Just sharing
happy.gif

deby82,
i also scatching my head of tis. but she has try FM &amp; fresh milk before lei, no problem...
maybe i'll try vanilla again when she reach 12mth...

Hi mummies, Kayla had an allergy outbreak 3weeks ago as well. Same thing red patches around her mouth and whole mouth turned saugages and eyes was puffy. My MIL fed her with brown rice porridge with Ngoh fish. PD said to avoid giving her the Ngoh fish for 1mth and then try again. Kayla actually tried brown rice porridge on its own and Ngoh fish with white rice porridge and both occasion all ok. So we are not sure wat happened either. But I am going to try that combination again on her soon. I think the allergy reaction usually doesnt last long, so dun worry. PD also said that allergy to particular food might not last forever... so avoid that allergy food for few weeks to 1 mth then challenge it by re-introducing it again. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Jules Mum - Ya i did gave her banana before.Currently she's still on breast milk.Have tried FM once but she was ok.No allergy reaction but doesnt really want to drink FM at all..

Winter - Tks for your info!
happy.gif
So now can confirm my gal must have got an allergy reaction.So when can i start to introduce her to yoghurt again?

deby82; my girl also dun wan to drink FM *faint*. Everytime she tasted FM, she will look at us angrily. PD said its normal for TBM babies so just got to try and try again. They are just so used to Mummy's milk. Last resort, there is a bootcamp to train babies to drink FM at Parentcraft, TMC. Hahahahah!

Calamari - I also don't know how to make my TBF gal drink FM..
sad.gif
Worst still,she always needs to suckle before she can sleep.When we go out,she can really tahan her eyes leh..die die dun want to sleep in her stroller. What's the bootcamp like?

calamari... u tried giving ur gal FM liao ah? cham liao...i am yet to try FM on my boy too...
just wondering when should i start introducing...

but i think my case may be slightly diff than urs ba... coz my boy need to be zzzz (aslp) when drinking milk,..hopefully he too tired to tell the diff

Choc : U'll be surprised at how smart our babies are when it comes to tasting!
happy.gif
Im now having a hard time introducing FM to my gal..

deby82

take your time and slowly do it. coz for tbf babies right its ok to bf till they are more than 1yrs old. still having issues with my boy too.... till now he is still looking for me to latch on at night... though there are good nights that he is willing to go with hubby and take the bottle.

Choc: yah lor. I started a few weeks ago. Wanted to totally wean Kayla off BM at 1 year old for selfish reasons haha. Like wine, beer, cockles, spicy food and for the fact that I won't have to lug my pump to and from work. But I underestimated how hard it is for her to take FM. I had thought it would be entirely my own decision for her to transit from BM to FM but turns out its her decision too! Tried Friso, Enfa and Nan, all to no avail. Next on the list is Similac. So as of now, she is still on TBM :p my PD and the LC at TMC said its perfectly common and normal for TBM babies to be rejecting FM at this age as they are smart and sharp enough to differentiate already.

deby82: I'm also not sure how they train babies to drink FM in TMC. But they charge $58 for this consultation. I'll give it another month before I bring her there hehe.

Btw, looking forward to see the mummies and babies going for the Kindermusik class tomorrow! Remember to bring socks!
happy.gif

anyone know where i can find PD on sunday? need to bring my boy for a through checkup as he is not feeling well since monday even aft seeing PD...

hi mummies, anyone up in the north interested in signing up for baby gym classes? me thinking of going to My Gym at woodlands civic centre, will prob start next month.

just asking if there's any mummies here who would like to join us? seems like there's an option to start our own class with 6 or more babies..

calamari
my boy also not taking fm. in fact he boycotted all milk bottles for 2 wks liao. he oni wan latched on. cos he thinks the milk in the bottle must be fm. sigh... didnt know they have this thing from tmc. if u got any tips on intro fm let me know too hor...

happybellies multi grain

any mummy here giving their bb the above cereal? today i gave my boy, this is his first time eating this, but at night he keep on waking up n want to be carried to slp, dunno y leh?

piggy mummy, me giving happybellies multi-grain, no such reaction leh. But has your boy tried other happybellies before? I'm giving oatmeal and used to give the brown rice ones before, also no problem.

In fact, my girl's cereal everyday is a cocktail mixture of HB oatmeal, HB multigrain, HTbrown rice, HT barley, HT oatmeal, HT multi-grain and EYS Si Shen powder. i just anyhow mix like 3 different cereals with the FYS powder.

Healthy Times creals are all so light and fluffy? Opened a new box of HT brown rice and saw it all flaky and light, the old packaging one does not look like this at all leh, the brwon rice was powdery, but oatmeal and barley also flaky. tried so many tablespoons but yielded so little cereal in the bowl when mixed with water. So went vitakids to stock up on happybellies..

Also managed to find the new baby yourget scoopz (something like that), so excited to let Adel try the new flavours soon! Also saw baby yoplait has new packaging, at first i tot new flavours but end up same old flavours in new packaging only
sad.gif

Adel has been very very cranky these couple of days, and she only took 2 milk feeds (each time 100-120ml) per day in additiona to her 3 solid meals leh.. and each time feed her solid is like battlefield, she'll cry and protest the first couple of mouthfuls before settling to eat, and then a while later protest again and then settle down again.

i told hubby she'd better be teething (still bo-geh) if not there's no excuse for her pattern these days. worried she'll lose weight, already not gaining much weight on her normal sleep-and-drink-milk and ultra-picky-solids-eater pattern..

hi,

for the scoopz yogurt,do the label specify is for babies or is just the word scoopz?how to noe if it is suitable for bb?

goodbb, i just checked the packaging of scoopz, can't find anything written there that says it's for babies (like baby yoplait), the only thing it states is that it's all naturnal and contains probiotics for little tummies. shall try and see if Adel gets any reaction to it.

Re: customised birthday banners
something to share with mummies planning birthday parties..
http://www.signtech.com.sg/samples/thumbnails.php?album=9

prices are very reasonable! wished i got from this instead of spree.. can justify having one more birthday banner?? one at cake table and another at door? hahaha

Yesterday.. is a crazy nite.. I think it's the haze.. my gal refused to sleep.. and my sinus also acting up.. Does other mummies have the same experience yesterday nite ?

Lynn very nice banners hahaha. I just realised my banner only indicate HAPPY BIRTHDAY, no other wordings. EHHHHHHHHH i also thinking if to get another one.

Jgal - ya last nite very smelly, i came home from outside can smell the burning smell. Maybe try to ON aircon to sleep, too smelly and hazy.

Lynn, maybe Adel is teething. Check if her gums are swollen or hard. Julian rejected food when his teeth are sprouting too. He love to eat bread so I gave him bread instead. At least he is eating something. Tried spreading puree on the bread to trick him. He saw the puree and refuse to eat that part. Only want the white bread. Julian is becoming more picky with food. He wants food with flavour and meat in his meal. He is like his dad. Need to take meat and has liking for rich flavoured food.

Morning mummies,
how are all the mummies here?
hope every mum got a great v-day...

my hb got me a rose and he said share wif my little ger(his little valentine)... hahaha

jasmine, how are u and ur little one? hope everything is fine...

lynn,
my ger also reject milk when teething...

RE: Teething
well...recently my ger has fever and gosh...
her upper tooth is going to cut thru the gums...
and this time round for this tooth ...her poo is watery...
end up have to take leave to take care of her...

cos scare she was infected by her cousin who is having stomach virus(very strong one)
as her cousin was vomiting and having diarrhoea after every feed...

araid22 and cloudme, Adel has been bitting her fingers and grinding her gums together (no teeth so only grind gums hahaha) for the past couple of weeks leh, and soft stools too. but after so long still no sight of her pearly whites lor.

she's always rejected drinking milk while awake so gotta feed her when she sleeps, but last fri onwards even sleep also refuse milk leh. she's a fussy eater but usually will not kick up a big fuss right at the start of her feeding sessions (more like not interested towards the end and will scream and protest). now dunno why she protest right at the start and then after tat will settle down to eat.

I was wondering if she could be cranky due to the super hot and humid weather? the weather is so bad these days, she perspires like nobody's business even with the fan on in the daytime. and ends up sticky and sweaty too.

koori: if u get from balloon vendors, usually the birthday banner is not personalised. You can get them personalised by the vendor or Bras Basah such places.

Hi, any first time mummies in mid-thirties who is tending to our baby for full-time now...? Keen to catch up more to share about our baby developments,ups &amp; downs, relationships....etcs. Baby is expecting his very first birthday party soon in a month's time... any good suggestions too...?

Hi all mummies, my son is allergic to cow's milk...any babies here also taking soy's formulae now ? Do you have any advice on the good brand of milk formulae if i should want to switch him when he turns one year old soon...? Had few trials of milk powder like Enfapro, Similac but just does not seem to go well for his gut with loads of crankiness &amp; sleeplessness nights for him.... do your have any experience of such &amp; yearning for good suggestions... thanks !!!

Lynn, maybe she wants new food? I realised this about Julian. Last month, feeding him was sooooo difficult. We gotta let him smell our food so that he will finish his food. Now, really cook stock and put into all his puree and porridge. More flavour but no seasonings. I've also added abit of texture so that he can chew. I heard from xiaozhu her pd mentioned soft stools may be because of teething.

Rar, My son's suspected to have cow's milk allergy. He is taking Isomil. So far so good. I've tried introducing cow's milk in cereal 1 month ago. So far it's ok but I won't dare to do a total switch yet. I'll wait till 1 yr old to do the switch since it's only 2 months+ away.

araid22, the only purees Adel would eat would be fruit purees (her fave is strawberry peach). She likes yogurt. She tolerates HB and HT cereals but will not take frsiocrem or any nestle cereals (which all smell and taste sweeter)..

She's also not very interested in porridge and bellamy's pasta stars. if i want to make her eat porridge or pasta, gotta boil it with homemade soup stock plus dried scallops or ikan billis leh. i'm worried about the salt content so i try to wash off as much salt as possible but i think end up still a little salty. but if i just use soup stock (chicken, pork and vegetables) she won't eat at all
sad.gif

think she's like me, prefer salty to sweet food. she's very interested in adult food but also won't actually eat enough for a meal, more like small bites when we eat, maybe a little bread or fish etc

any mummies booking Hort Park rooms (or have booked before)? we went down to complete the forms more than a week ago and were told they'll confirm with us in 3 days afterwhich need to make payment for the room.

been calling them and kept getting the reply that the form is still pending approval by the manager. so inefficient?? more than a week already, and i really hate it when it cannot be confirmed. cos like that still need to lookout for alternative venues to hold the party, and all are going fast! *annoyed and needs to vent*

Back