Tricuspid Regurgitation

POPPY2023

Hi Mummies, anyone had their baby diagnosed with severe tricuspid regurgitation during their 20 weeks detailed scan? I was just informed that my baby has this condition, and feeling so lost. Hope to get any advice/experience/what did you do if you have been through this before. Thank you.

Hi, im in the same situation. My baby also has Atria septal defect and Left superior vena cava. I dont know what to do.

Hi, im in the same situation. My baby also has Atria septal defect and Left superior vena cava. I dont know what to do.

Hi mummy, I can understand the big worry you're feeling. For me, I was then referred to the cardio doctor to do a more detailed scan of baby's heart. From there, they realised actually there was a misdiagnosis. Had another check up at 30 weeks and they realised the hole has closed up, and there wasn't any backflow of blood.

Hang in there mummy, and have faith that your baby is strong and is still growing, he/she might get better, you can also ask the doctor whether surgical repair is possible after he/she is born. Stay strong!

Back