(2008/04) April 2008

<font color="0077aa">cool hehehe the april babies birthdae bash ehehhe. . i have no issue wif the venue hehe btw had not been following the thread as been quite busy lately. .juz wondering .. angel, ur $30 per family is the booking of venue or ??

maro, u planning to order from cupcake mama too?? hehe</font>

hi,
just a suggestion:
if venue is at
JWT Party $710 less 5% for 20 kids, additional kid @14.50)any 1 member of jwt to get the 5%?
- all kids get 1 free trial coupon
Maximum capacity based on kids will be 30.

each kid ard $28 for jwt??plus another $12 for 2 adults($6 each) ard $40?

patches like mosquito red patch- false measles

Kea, scubababe, vonn
My boy has that too, started few days ago, arm and legs and now his face.. very hard pain. i thought mosquito, bought mosquito spray, patch, and cream for insect bite. I haven't brought him to see doctor yet. May i check what cream PD gave? better bring him to see PD? Thks mummies

just went to Hort Park today to check out the rooms available. very nice indeed and really value for money!

FRUIT room is very big and roomy, but hubby thinks it's too big for our party so booked the smaller room instead. finally settled the venue, so now gotta concentrate on other aspects of the party planning
happy.gif

on a happier note, my girl is finally getting up to sitting position from tummy earlier this week. and since then she's a little terror always tying to pull up/push up from whatever she can get a hold of. when she's on her tummy only can still relax and watch her from a distance, now must be by her side to watch her and prevent her from falling on her sides as she pulls up. one afternoon i dozed off on her playmat, i woke up she's pulling herself holding on to the shelves, nearly got an heart attack when the first thing i saw was she almost fell on one side as she's squatting up..

Hi lovemum, mine is fake measles....some babies will get it after high fever. For mine no cream, they go away by itself. And its nt itchy at all.
Yr boy have fever b4 the rash?

any mummies know where to buy jamie rae sun hats locally? can't seem to find them at mothercare..

or any other brands of pretty sun hats with a large brim?

lovemum, yvonne: the rashes that breaks out after a high fever is called 'roseola'. You can google it and have a look.

lynn: u can try Mudpie hats, available at Forum.

happy.gif
happy.gif

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 1 to 5pm
Venue: Hort Park Fruit Room
Cost : S$30 per family (2 parents and 1 baby)

Venue Rental, Music &amp; Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

Food (Catering) - ________ - Finger Food/Tea menu cos it's cheaper?

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

Decor - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

Any more contributions? The more the merrier!
3. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
4. puffish, hubby &amp; Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire
7. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid (maybe)
9. Serene123 &amp; roy zak
10.mushloom, hubby n ivan
11. JuniorRain, hubby &amp; Eshin
12. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
14. maomi, hubby &amp; sean
15. mifi,hubby n issac
16. vonn, hubby and kaleb
17. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.
18. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah
19. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden
20. jules mum,hubby and julian
21. goodbb and bb
22. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe)
23. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden
24. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
25. Cherish &amp; Charis + hubby(maybe)
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
27. Xiang + Hubby + Ethan
28. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
29. Tratties + Hubby + Adrynna
30. Joellez + Hubby + Dominic + helper

Morning all!

Just to share, for those whose babies are taking Happybellies cereal, they are now available in Singapore at Vitakids!
happy.gif
And cheaper at $9.40 than the sprees!

Vitakids is at Forum and Paragon.

Good morning Mummies!

Pray that all bbs who are not well will recover soon and those with roseola will subside soon. I'm also on MC today recovering from viral fever
sad.gif

<font color="ff6000">RE: April Babies 1st Birthday Bash</font>
We've 30 families who are keen to join the party. That makes 30 bbs and approx 70 adults (Cos some are bringing helpers).

<u>We need to confirm the venue soon</u> as I can only hold the tentative booking for Fruit Room, Hort Park for a week. Once it's released, it'll be hard to get a function room big enough to accomodate all of us.

<font color="0000ff">RE: Cost Breakdown</font>
If we go with <font color="0000ff">Hort Park</font>, venue rental is <u>$214</u>, lunch catering (@ $12 per head) is <u>$600</u> (we can order 50 pax instead of 70 pax), Bday cakes is approx <u>$100</u> Total cost = $914, <font color="0000ff">Each family contributes approx <u>$30-$35</u></font>. May I propose those bringing helpers (or extra adults) to pay additional $12 to cover the cost of lunch catering. This option is cheaper but no entertainment compared to JWT. Like what Jamie said, will be just simple gathering format: bbs meet up and mummies/daddies chit chat.

Goodbb suggested <font color="0000ff">JWT parties</font>. I like the fact that JWT parties has entertainment and gym facilities for our bbs but cost wise, it'll be double. <u>$40</u> for the facilities &amp; entertainers + <u>$24</u> for lunch catering of 2 adults (Daddy &amp; Mummy) and another <u>$5-10</u> for birthday cake. <font color="0000ff">Each family contributes at least <u>$70-$75</u></font>. This option is more expensive but you get a well-planned party with games and music for the bbs and free JWT trial coupon (Did I calculate right goodbb?)

Mummies who are joining the party, please indicate your preference (Hort Park or JWT). As Maro suggested, it's advisable to collect the contributions soon to secure venue rental. Only after the venue is booked can we proceed with other party planning. Thanks and hear from you soon!
happy.gif

Calamari, keen to join the April Bday Bash? Am sure all the april bbs would love to meet &amp; play with lil Kayla!
happy.gif

Lynn, Mothercare HarbourFront carries JR hats. Dana has a few, can lend to Bb Adel if you want
happy.gif

Angel :

<u>cost for JWT deluxe package</u>
$710 (for 25 children) and $14.50 for additional children, that makes it $26.10 per child for 2 hours. But no food, but got trainers to entertain babies.

And for 2nd may, their only slot at east coast branch (which has bigger room to accomodate max 45 kids)is at 4.30pm. So if we want, got to book fast.

Oh, this month credit card got 5% discount
happy.gif

If we going for JWT, may I suggest we go for no food, just cake/cupcakes?

Hi Winter, I'm ok with no food, just cakes. I think our bbs will enjoy JWT more
happy.gif
Do they have any slots for 1 May Labour Day?

Can you help to make a tentative booking for 30 kids first? Thanks!
happy.gif

Just re-read goodbb's post, must we pay for adults?

angel: Hmmm,...actually I've got a problem with timings on sats as Kayla has gym classes, so did not want to commit early now
sad.gif
hope to catch up with u all another time though. Am sure u guys will have a blast! I will let u know if I can make it, 1 week before, ok? Thanks for remembering us
happy.gif

Sure Calamari, hope bb K can be part of the April bb's Bday Bash cos you were the one who hosted gatherings for us in the 1st place!
happy.gif

Winter, 2 May Sat 4.30pm should be fine as originally I had reserved Hort Park 2 May 1-5pm. Can you help to make tentative booking first then we collect payments?
happy.gif
Thanks lots!

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: JWT (46 East Coast Road)
Cost : S$30 per family (2 parents and 1 baby)

Venue Rental: Veronica

Music &amp; Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

Food (Catering) - ________ - Finger Food/Tea menu cos it's cheaper?

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

Decor - ___________ - all mums can contribute the items after their bb's party but someone to coordinate?

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

Any more contributions? The more the merrier!
3. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
4. puffish, hubby &amp; Tristan
5. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany
6. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire
7. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
8. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid (maybe)
9. Serene123 &amp; roy zak
10.mushloom, hubby n ivan
11. JuniorRain, hubby &amp; Eshin
12. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
13. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
14. maomi, hubby &amp; sean
15. mifi,hubby n issac
16. vonn, hubby and kaleb
17. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.
18. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah
19. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden
20. jules mum,hubby and julian
21. goodbb and bb
22. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe)
23. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden
24. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
25. Cherish &amp; Charis + hubby(maybe)
26. Swirl + Hubby + Baby
27. Xiang + Hubby + Ethan
28. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
29. Tratties + Hubby + Adrynna
30. Joellez + Hubby + Dominic + helper

<font color="0000ff">I need to pay the deposit by friday to confirm the room and may I suggest each family pay $35, so we have around $9 to pay for cakes and cupcakes?</font>

<font color="ff0000">just wondering any mummies is a member with JWT? If yest can save a bit of $$
happy.gif
</font>

I'm fine with JWT, at least our baby can be entertained..

maomi,
potluck is ok but have to check with JWT if we can bring food in else at 4.30, most of us already eaten lunch then shd be no prob to be without food.. maybe we can get packet drinks on our own.. i can buy if u ladies want..

winter,
pls check if u calling jwt.. thanks..

calamari,
would love to see u and lil kayla.. at 4.30 is the class over? how abt sherin?? do join us too..

Hi Mummies,

I'm fine with anything too but my family may be planning a trip to sydney on either 1st or 2nd may. I'm trying to make my parents delay to 2nd week of may. Will confirm later.

Just another suggestion. I was at Turfcity. There's a playground cafe there. If we have about 50pax, they will close place for our use. There's 2 package for food. Either 13.90 or 15.90. Kids under 2 is free.

http://www.solplaygroundcafe.com/partypackages.pdf

winter
i'm a member of jwt. but i'm not joining the birthday bash. i can give u the membership no., if thats what they need to get the discount.

calamari,
can check where u get the Baby Yoplait (baby yoghurt right)? thinking of letting davien try.. thanks.. just back from market place, they only have yo baby which cost $17.45 for 6 mini tubs, expensive lor.. also how much is baby yoplait?.. cheers
happy.gif

i don mind jwt for the birthday bash

calamari thanks for sharing the happybellies thingy... mine running out soon. was about to look for sprees.
happy.gif

Mummies,

I bought these 2 balloons at gladysbride's sprees.

But the balloons for my theme is suddenly available!!

Who is interested to take this over from me? Prices have not included shipping. I will giv free postage.

Pls help me take over if you can okie! =)

Item #2
Item Name: Boy's Playtime 1st Mylar Balloon
URL: http://www.1stwishes.com/Boys-Playtime-1st-Mylar-Balloon/47199/ProductDetail.aspx
Colour: one colour
Alt / Drop if OOS: drop
Quantity: 1
Price in USD: $2.49

4. (041102) 1st Cupcake Metallic Balloon - 18" Each
Qty:1
$2.75
http://partysuppliesworld.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&amp;key=041102

These have already been ordered and shipped, so will be on their way.

Thanks in advance!

maro: yah, Baby Yoplait can be found at most Cold Storage but always run out very fast
sad.gif

mushloom: no worries ;)

cheesycake: I have started Kayla on tofu. Bought the silken tofu from supermarkets and steam it.

Mummies, if you're still looking around for party decor/balloon vendor, do give Michael Liew a call at 8118 2184 or email him at [email protected]. His website is http://birthdayballoons.vox.com/ and he has different packages to suit your budget. So far, I find him very negotiable and customer-oriented. Dun be mistaken, I am not related to him nor do I earn any commission - just trying to share a good contact with mummies here
happy.gif
Btw, he carries party supplies too!

2142352.jpg

hi winter,

u tried the 1 at UE square for 1st of may?cos think sat,some got gym classes cant attend,think if 1st of may,calamari can join also :>

Maro,

There's another baby yogurt called Scoops, I found it at Cold Storage Centrepoint.
It comes in a pack of 6; I got 2 strawberry, 2 apricot, 2 banana.
The tub is bigger than Baby Yoplait.

Ethan likes it very much and I gotta say that it's quite delicious
happy.gif

Hi Diva

long time no see, how have you been? You PMed you few weeks back, did you receive my email reply? Thanks for recommending the bb yoghurt, I've been hunting for bb yoplait without success, maybe should keep a lookout for scoops!

diva

havent seen u around here lately, trust u are fine. bryan likes scoops too &amp; i like that they hv more flavours compared to yoplait.

calamari, jasmine,
thanks for the infor.

diva,
thanks for another recommendation. will look out at cold storage.. yeah, hv not seen u for a long time, how have u been? how's ethan? :p

Hi Angel n all - have not been able to come in for the longest time! Hope everyone and babies are doing great!

Angel - juz saw your recommndation for balloons! i jus ordered mine yday thru one of the bps. How is Dana? Val is keeping me busy all the time with her obsession with putting everything she sees in her mouth. She is taking a few steps and i can see she is eager to walk and hoping to catch up with her 2 sisters!

The Birthday bash sounds so tempting
happy.gif
Looks like hort park is the pick of the year! will be having Val's bday there as well
happy.gif
and attending a birthday party there in 2 weeks time. Cool pick!

mummies,

i won't be able to attend e birthday bash. my trip is confirmed on 29 april. we will be flying on julian's birthday party.

I need some advise for passport application for julian. do we do 1 for him or can add on to my passport?

diva : was just thinking why haven't seen u for awhile.
happy.gif

Hi Little Princesses! Haven't seen you for the longest time and really miss you! How have you been? Val's very fast, taking her 1st few steps already? Must be keeping you on your toes.
happy.gif
Dana's an active child too and loves to explore so she's cruising quite a bit too. We're secretly hoping she can walk before her 1st Bday Party. So happy to know you're holding Val's 1st Bday party at Hort Park. If you (or any mummies) need a good photog to properly document this joyous celebration, do PM me. David might be able to help provided his schedules allow
happy.gif
Even for us, we're engaging one of David's buddies as photographer cos as the host, we want to be free to interact with our guests and enjoy the moment! But we also don't want slip-shod photos so got to hire pros
happy.gif

Jules' Mum, how nice to be going away for both yours and Julian's bday. Where are you heading? For passport application, you can submit online https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=MHA-SIR-APPLES&amp;isNEW=true&amp;Reload=true

OH i have also booked hortpark for Kaylen birthday party, its a nice place indeed.....all the greenery, the only thing is the office bldgs there spoil the scenery hahaa.

angel- thanks for the offer, will remember your hubby if we need a pro photograhpher
happy.gif
It will be nice to see all the babies again. Opps they will all graduate to 'toddlers' soon, no longer babies. How time flies...

Hugs and kisses to Dana.

Koori - The plc is beautiful isn't it? I like the rooms bcos they have ac . Attended a bday party at Jacob ballas party area, it was very very hot...so good to find a comfortable plc to hold the party..yay!

Back