(2008/04) April 2008

koori: not sure whether Evenflo is wide neck or normal one leh...U can check them out at Kiddy Palace
happy.gif
What I do now is I pump into my Medela bottles, then transfer to milk bottles/glass bottles/milk bags. Bo bian leh... But so far BFree has served me very well. Baby got no colic/wind.
happy.gif

Calamari - Yes bfree serve me well too cos bb drink wont leak, pigeon teats leak, duno why....but just lazy to wash so many parts.

hi sherin
im a mar08 mommy, can i ask for EC books spree is this only for apr08 mommies or can i hitch an order here as well? pls let me know, thanks! my baby already has the brown bear book and he likes it, so it'd be great if i can get more EC books for him!

koori: Yes, fully understand about washing so many parts haha. But I guess I have gotten used to it liao. I m thinking of removing the tube from the bottle liao cos baby should be past the colic period. Maybe next month. Btw, after sterilisng the parts of the bottle, how do u fix them back? I used sterilised gloves leh, everyday change 1 pair, a bit siong. When I take out the tube, then I can just use tongs liao
happy.gif

Jasmine,
Do u know if the chair is similar to bumbo seat? If yes if bb is between 8 and 10kg, an still fit in esp if bb has fatty thighs? How much in sgd inclusive shipping charges?

burpy babe - does your PIS breastpump come with a converter to become a manual pump? The 2007 model comes with this but not the 2008 model. Also, the 2008 model comes with the new design bottles, quite rounded one, but the 2008 model comes with the old design bottles, quite straight. Also, the hole to connect the tubing to the breastshield for the 2008 model is at the bottom, while the 2007 model is at the top. ;-)

Hi Sherin, seeing the mummies so excited about EC books, I'm also abit "heart itchy". But could you pls tell me what's so special about the books? Why that particular author? Thanks in advance!

Calamri - Medela bottles do have bigger ones, think I saw one at Mums and Babe but those come with the teats. Standard storage bottles only 150ml.

Sputnik - My PIS can be converted into a manual pump. My bottles are the straight ones but the hole to connect the tubing is at the bottom leh. hmm... think my model is more or less the 2007 model?

Minimum order: 15 pieces.

Collection at Jgal's place / babytown Yio Chu Kang office. Additional location will be charged at our normal rate of $9 per trip.

Order for Bounce Bounce Baby (in order of posting):

Please deposit $100 as a confirmation of your order to DBS 001-1-053838. Please dont cancel. if you dun want , please find someone to takeover.

S/n-nick-color-remark
1 jgal-blue-self
2 jaspire
3 angel
4 Calamari
5 bebe11
6 <font color="0000ff">simp -Blue-(Jgal' place)</font>
7 luann/stefylim
8 koori
9 goodbbb
10 mashimaro08 (maro)

Jus for mummies' reading:

The Dangers of Excessive Childhood Vaccinations
Got this from Mercola.com

By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.

"I find it interesting that there exist an incredible double standard when it comes to our evidence versus theirs. The proponents of vaccination safety can just say they are safe, without any supporting evidence what-so-ever, and it is to be accepted without question.

Yet, let me, or anyone else, suggest that excessive vaccination can increase the risk of not only autism, but also schizophrenia and neurodegenerative diseases, and they will scream like banshees – Where is the evidence? Where is the evidence?

When we produce study after study, they always proclaim them to be insufficient evidence or unacceptable studies.

More often than not, they just completely ignore the evidence. This is despite the fact that we produce dozens or even hundreds of studies that not only demonstrate the link clinically and scientifically, but also clearly show the mechanism by which the damage is being done -- even on a molecular level. These include cell culture studies, mixed cell cultures, organotypic tissue studies, in vivo animal studies using multiple species and even human studies. To the defenders of vaccine safety -- our evidence is never sufficient and, if we face reality -- never will be."

Hi Veronica: Thanks for the article! Gosh the troubles we go thru as mummies
happy.gif
But I am only away for 3 days so maybe will not bring back and I have enough frozen EBM for those days.

burpy babe -hmm... maybe yours is a mixture of the 2007 and 2008 model... haha....does the milk go into the tubing very often or only once in a blue moon? How many times do u pump every day? Sorry for so many questions, cos I bought the 2008 model, so now wondering if I wanna exchange for the 2007 model cos of these concerns...

Veronica,
Yes i am aware of these during pregnancy and on vaccinations when i was researching. Kinda scared in fact. Wd be only giving ger measles jab before she enter pri school. The mmr jab, i will give it a miss.

Sputnik,
I do hear that PIS 2007 tube at times got milk strains but i think it is fine as u r only using it. I suppose this is common. I have yet to see milk in tube but i do see water in tube due to the washing of parts. I believe both 2007 &amp; 2008 do comes with their own pros and cons. However medela pis r fantastic pumps to begin w. I prefer medela soft fit shield compared to the std shield or the super shield from pumping pal/mumsfairy as i find they r gentler on the body.

dear mummies...i'm starting work next wk &amp; now having some problems with my pumping.
i'm using both medela PIS &amp; Avent manual and dunno why the milk will flow to the mouth of the breastshields. I've tried to lean forward thruout the pumping session but still the milk will leak out from the mouth. I do press the shield very tightly &amp; hard on my breast. Any idea how i can prevent the milk from leaking? Will start work soon &amp; dont wanna mess my shirt. Shld i change to a bigger shield? Thks.

Jgal,
I paid in full on my order on the bounce bounce bb:

Funds Transfer to Other DBS/POSB A/C
08 Jul 2008 06:02 PM Singapore
To Account DBS Savings Plus
001-1-053838 Jgal
Amount S$123.00
Transaction Reference 1790892291

Jgal,
forget to ask, any more additional cash outlay for the bounce bounce bb?

Bens
Maybe shd upgrade the size of the shields. I do experience milk on the shields. They r common i suppose. Usually i just cleaned w tissue paper on our body and the shield and clean the shield. Dun think will dirty the clothes. However i do put on disp. breast pad to collect any milk leak/stain.

Simp, Bens: bigger shields make the nipples bigger leh
sad.gif
I bought the bigger medela shiels and they seemed to enlarge the nipples, very ugly
sad.gif
hahaha

agapebaby, yes, pls post ur orders. I'll note them down.

esther, sorry, i'm very tied up with my month end closing. cant provide u much info at this pt of time. Pls do a google on eric carle, u'll find plenty of info. Thanks alot! Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Mummies, havent had e time to check my mail yet. Most likely i'll be able to post the NEW prices and the prices for the other requested titles by tml afternoon when i'm not so rush.
Sighz... hopefully dont have to camp here tonight.

Sputnik - nope. the milk hardly goes into the tubing. as far as i can remember.. in these 11 weeks... only gena once ....

when i was at home i pump at least 5 to 6 times...
now that i gave gone back to work.. i also try to pump at least 6 times a day... 4 times in office and twice at home.

bens - could it be that the suction is not strong enuf? I sometimes experience the milk flowing to the breastshield, but that only happens if i accidentally loosen the breastshield from my breast when pumping. If the suction is stong enuf, sometimes dun even hv to hold it for it to stick to the breast while pumping.. haha...

simp, burpybabe - thanks for the feedback on the PIS. Will hv to decide if i wanna keep the 2008 model or exchange for the 2007 model....

Anyone wants to buy nappy liners from me? I have 2 unopened boxes, 1 tollyjoy and the other pigeon, 100 liners in each box. Given to me by someone but I dun use them. Selling at $5 for each box. Collection can be arranged for AMK or Toa Payoh....

Sherin,

thanks for org the EC's books spree. I would like to collect the books fr ur hse at CCK. M staying in Bt Panjang.

jgal,

thanks for the LF books spree. My gal (coming 3YO) loves them. In fact, she wasnt keen when she was then a baby....Thanks for the lobang once again.

jgal: Have transferred $123 to you. Txn Ref: 1791155050. Think I want the blue colour instead of the pink as the colours are brighter, more eye-catching. Thanks!

sherin

will you be getting the hungry caterpillar board book from the supplier??

yo

which part of bukit panjang u stay?? me stay bukit panjang too.. at pending road

Xiang: no lah, just wondering when u will be placing orders as I have not transferred the $ yet. Btw, when do u expect to receive the ON stuff?

Calamari.

er, what do you mean that u have to learn to express by hand at the office? Are u referring to manual pump? Me using Avent manual pump at the office...

Sherin

Thanks for taking in order for the EC books..
shall collect from u at ur CCK house. By the way, I stay at CCK too!

porkie: cos i dont have manual pump, only the electric one. My hb say if really no time to pump, got to learn how to express by hand and discard so its faster...plus keep the supply going. Don't think i will do that lah, will die die find time to pump.

Jgal,
Does it mean that if we do not hit 15 orders, e price for bounce bounce bb wd not be 123? When do u need to get back to supplier? My HB is interested to get jumperoo now instead of bounce bounce bb. Let me know yah.

Hahaha Calamari,
Hb says i buy buy buy becomes broke broke broke going to bankrupt bankrupt bankrupt (It's all BBB!)
happy.gif

thanks mummies...but funny ler, initially my medela suction was very strong but not any more. Checked all the connections, clean the pump, etc, even max the vaccum. Maybe my breasts already seasoned, so now no feel.

hi,

can some 1 takeover my slot?thanks so much!
cos is above my budget,hb scolding me :<

Minimum order: 15 pieces.

Collection at Jgal's place / babytown Yio Chu Kang office. Additional location will be charged at our normal rate of $9 per trip.

Order for Bounce Bounce Baby (in order of posting):

Please deposit $100 as a confirmation of your order to DBS 001-1-053838. Please dont cancel. if you dun want , please find someone to takeover.

S/n-nick-color-remark
1 jgal-blue-self
2 jaspire
3 angel
4 Calamari
5 bebe11
6 simp -Blue-(Jgal' place)
7 luann/stefylim
8 koori
9 goodbbb
10 mashimaro08 (maro)

Back