(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Hi tubao,

Emma likes toy guns? Or did I remember your daughter's name wrongly? I apologise first if I did. What type of gun? Bubble, water, dart, bullet/pellet, air or ? Please let me know so that I may narrow down my search.
happy.gif

Gd morning mummies!

5x Chingay tix to let go.
Saturday 12/Feb
Pit Building (Red Sector)
Retail $55. Letting go at $45.

SMS me. 96164023 

party favors - do most of you prepare party favors? What do you usually get? All sweets? I am looking for stationaries related to carebear but no luck..headache..party this sat..

QL
noooooo please don't give sweets for the sake of giving something, heh.
i put together a few crayons plus those ABC/123/colouring books which are only 70cents each!

leila
the erasers so cute!!!

Hi Mummies,

Happy CNY to all!
Am down with cold but still at work... bleah...

Pary Favours
Agree with Iso I also dun like to receieve all sweets and snack favours. I have ordered some things from this site www.yocodo.com, have not receieved the items yet but will let u all know when i do
happy.gif

i'm just recovering from a bacteria infection (it seems from the blood test). have been down for 2 weeks now.

u all so hardworking leh. I'm so tempted to just not do anything this year. sigh.

Ruth has been coming home with party packs of sweets and chocolates - fortunately for now, she's not interested in any of them. Weird girl even waves it away if we offer to her. (good also la. only sinful thing she really likes is hello kitty marshmellows in those triangular packs and tictacs in orange container. )

I'm still stranded at home so haven't gone out to buy things. I also dunno how many there are in her class. If I had my choice, i'd give something to use la. Most of the time i find the sweets/candy all wasted cuz even I'm not interested lor.

oh lezy, take care! why was there bacteria infection?

shaun's birthday has passed and i did nothing too! hehe

it's good that ruth doesnt want those junk!! shaun likes everything including junk hehe.

good party packs include healthy snacks, raisins,nuts and seeds, coloring stationaries, stickers. NO No to junk.

Artemis,

Ya, it's Emma. ^_^.
Just any toy gun without function can do. She doesn't have any one yet, and she looks eager to mingle with with boys who play guns. We thought to go out for shopping about gun looking toy, but my mil nags about girls not playing about this. Hehe...... then propose to get it as gift. Thanks.

you all reckon, at this age, would they compare yet? I'm thinking they are too young to have 'peer pressure' like not having party packs and etc?

Sigh. if i do it, it's only cuz I dun want her to feel left out.

I've checked out with the school - that it's all up to the parents. Some celebrate, some don't. But all kids get to go in home clothes on their birthday and during assembly, everyone (4 classes from N1 to K2) will sing happy birthday to the girl/boy.

tong, thanks. Bacteria infection can be contracted anywhere. If someone in the lift or in the bus has some persistent cough for sometime, you can catch it if your immunity is low from air droplets from their sneeze/cough.

I guess for the past month (after christmas), I've already been feeling rather tired and also stressed thus immunity is quite low. So should have been easy to contract just about anything from anyone i guess?

actually i prepared mashmellows, ovaltinees & raisins, still healthy as snacks i suppose? i also dun fancy sweet sweets..so dats why looking at stationaries.

party favors - not too sure if its peer pressure or not, but me dun mind buying something for the kids, afterall its a party, kids do enjoy gifts :D. But i can't afford to buy too costly party favors, i know of mums who really go all out to prepare these party favors.

lezy - take care!

hello all,

meeting cancelled! i am free for a while. :D

re: party favors
i dun like her bring back sweets too.
but it seems she has lots of sweets from school. i protested to the teacher liao, yet the auntie there still give.

re: birthday
intend to bring her out to play on her birthday instead of get a cake for her.
but don't know where she would like to go... she's now in the stage of everything 'DON'T WANT' mode AGAIN.

re: formula
kids on Nestle NAN Pro 3, what milk to change after 3 years old?
Nestle no more Pro 3.
Initially considering getting DutchLady from Malaysia, after comparing the ingredients, still think those sold in Singapore are better (no Trans Fat Acid).
but too much to choose from..

re: teething powder
artemis,
i can't find the Teetha from Living pharmacy (Tampines One).
Living pharmacy is the same origin as Unity (NTUC), should be the same right?

Hi tubao,

Okay, noted. Will get Emma an orange toy gun.
happy.gif

Hi lezy,

Oh dear... Do take care and rest well.

Hi Xiao Yun,

I realised that not every branch has and not a lot of stock too. So when I see it, I will buy. Should be able to source from Guardian too.

RE: party favours

I'm giving out toy story themed stationery, stickers and mini card games. Most probably will put in some candy too. :p Most of the goodie bags Danica brings home has some forms of candy but I don't encourage her to eat them.

Does anyone know where I can buy power ranger toys- from retail shops in Singapore?

Been searching but with no success... ;( I guess it's not popular now already?

Artemis,
i tried Watsons, Guardians, Living Pharmacy.. all don't have leh.
please let me know if Unity Pharmacy opposite your house got it (if you convenient to check it out). I am going over SengKang/Punggol area this Sat.

bx
wowwww. that's news to me! lol. but thanks for explaning.

XY
i just bought yesterday from Marketplace at Paragon. But A seems to not be teething. Dunno when he will, he's already 8.5 months! heh.

QL
ok that doesn't sound as bad as some of the stuff that E has gotten before, usually i confiscate most of it! lol.

iso,
marketplace has it?
no worry about the teeth. old ppl always say 7th month sit, 8th month crawl, 9th month teeth.
yours only 8.5 months.
happy.gif

now cannot confiscate the stuffs anymore cos she explore the party pack before we do and she can remember what she has inside.

Leila, I think same as bx, Gwen is into dressing up w necklace n stuffs, so u can get some accessories or even those make up toy sets, hair dryers n stuff. She doesn't have that at e moment.
happy.gif

Tute, u go check out n update me. Tmr I might be popping by orchard maybe will go metro or toysrus to check too.

Xy, e 7th mth sit, 8th mth crawl now not valid Liao.. Hehe.. Yesterdae I went my tuition kid Hse, her mum's fren brought her son who is 6 mths old , 2 mths younger than mine and he is crawling faster than k. I can't believe it!!!! He can even go from crawling to sitting position and support himself to standing position on e sofa! The helper told me he started crawling at 5 mths!! So scary! He is so developed in his
pycho motor skills! I wonder what kind of 'baby' he is ??? Is my k too slow, he just started crawling at 8 mths!! I din Noe babies can crawl at 5 mths, any if ur kids crawl at 5 mths?

it's up to individual lah.
my big C is a text book baby, she follows the saying.
small C is the fast one. now 6mth+, 2 teeth, can sit, can crawl too... siao siao one.
read the Jul 10 thread, 1 early Jul baby can walk already!!

Genice, Raelynn was half crawling at 5 months plus but can crawl well at 6 months. She was walking well at 10.5 months, which is considered fast. RaeAnne only walked at 14 months. Normally, no. 2 are faster in physical development I feel.
happy.gif

pauline,
at this rate, i expect small C will start walking before her 1yo birthday.
brought her to PD on Tuesday for vaccination, she's growing well and on 75-90% on all 3 scales (height, weight, HC).
i think i will soon have a pair of non-identical twins liao (small C grows fast while big C grows slow due to fussy eating habit). :p

btw, anyone wants to get things from iherbs? USD4 flat rate for international shipping (order < USD80 and <3lbs).
i need to get happybellies there.

Hi, Xiao yun
I bought bubu's 4 new books.
寫給孩子的工作日記
Bitbit, 我的兔子朋友
小廚師: 我的幸福投資
漫步生活: 我的女權領悟

Finished reading 小廚師: 我的幸福投資 and 寫給孩子的工作日記 already. If you'd like to read, I can pass them to you at usual place, but maybe E pass it to you since now I go back home directly after work to be with twins for an hour before their bed time.

-----development.
My twins can't flip yet. And my husband quite worried about their development. Hehe.....I am fine with their development. Knowing that I probably won't give birth any more, I sometimes hope that they grow slower.

-----Maid
Phew, finally two days ago I decided not to hire 2nd maid after my 2nd maid delayed a few times to come here from Indonesia, and my MIL,maid, E seems to adjust well when I went back to work last Monday. Hopefully it's good decision and quality of life for each of us is not compromised.

tubao,
i would love to read the books as they always make me think positively!
how about i go your place to collect after work? i no longer taking public transport, so more convenient to go HDB to collect.
you staying Woodlands or?

i also wish small C develop slower cos i know they will reach the milestone sooner or later.
happy.gif

i have the opposite experience.

J is achieving her milestones slower than A
happy.gif

but like most of you, i don't mind cos already decided to close shop, so get to enjoy her babyness longer

hi isobellies,

where to get the ABC/123/colouring books at 70cents each?

for my gal,i notice that her goodies bag got name tags so i think is for others to know whose birthday is it,will u all be doing that also?

iso,
cute hor...end up i bought quite a few stuffs fm that website for MYSELF...m like an overgrown kid!!!

xy,
i wanna buy happybellies cereal...is it cheaper fm iherb? what stuffs r u buy g?? PM me ur no can? i lost urs as well
sad.gif

genice,
okie...will go hunt but if u wanna choose n buy since u gg orchard, i can always "reimburse" u too :p let me knw ya??

leila,
it's cheaper to get from iherb compared to agape baby. but some spree organiser offer even cheaper price.
since i am getting some other supplements (fish oil etc), was thinking to get from iherb myself too.

sms you liao.
happy.gif

bkk,
i would like to access your blog too!
PMed you my email.

eliaw,
just transferred. I believe 2A + 1C should be $50.40 - let me know if this is not right.

To Account POSB Savings
046-24211-4 eliaw
Amount S$50.40
Transaction Reference 6521567754

jeannie,
i think i can only go tomorrow so mayb you can check first - if you can find it. otherwise let me know
happy.gif

XY
ya marketplace, just near the cashier, next to the magazines
happy.gif
i got no time to scout around all the guardians and unitys so i decided to just buy there.

goodbb
i bought from a BP organiser before and then this time i emailed her directly. u want the contact? u know what kind of books i'm referring to?

development
genice - the boy who can crawl at 6 months, is he sumo size or skinny? i think skinny ones can develop physically faster sometimes.

my A looks like he is NOT going to crawl at all. now 8.5 months, not interested. Only always want to stand. From sitting he can pull himself to stand using you (if you are sitting in front of him), or using sofa... E on the other hand, was already crawling up stairs when he was at 8 months, and walked when he just turned 11 months. Both didn't flip exceptionally early, in fact i think A only learned to flip back q late, maybe 5 months plus?

leila
"lucky" i got not much time to surf the site, otherwise i think i sure buy some things for myself too,haha...

genice
how do you play with tanagrams? and do you make it yourself? i saw it selling for $3.50 recently at this shop in Vivo, thought it looked q interesting but doesn't look simple. So impressed that your G likes to do it!

iso,
wise for grabbing it at marketplace.
i totally have no luck after searching around guardian, watson, living pharmacy.
am going to avoid orchard this weekend due to valentine's day craze.
praying hard that her next tooth won't come out so early.

Xy, haha, I thought it will be like that for me too but end up Raelynn's weight stagnated once she started walking cos she is more active n lost her fats. :p

Xy, I think I will have a pair of non identical twins. Hehe.

Mummies, can anyone point me to any resources of how a mum can teach her own child at home?? TIA

Bx, want to ask u, does elfa simei get the children to sing a song before their meals? I am ok with songs but that song end with Amen like saying grace so I am not very comfortable cos we r not Christians. I checked with the principal, they r not affiliated to any religions but raeanne's teacher is a Christian. I want to check if other centers r doing this first.

leila, anything will do
happy.gif

tute, u saw the thing that u like? u want me to reimburse u instead? haha

Pauline.. same here.. i am not christian so very uncomfortable when i went for orientation and they were saying prayers b4 food and singing christian songs... This goondu mummy noe that its a church kindergarten but honestly i really dunno all these are been brought into classroom.

Anyway.. sometimes i really wonder what G does in sch, c her timetable.. play and play and play got water play, sand play, gym play, role play.. everything is play.. no wonder she loves to go to sch.. totally no rejection compared to in CCC. Maybe also shorter hrs...sometimes i dunno whther its right choice or not.. seems like the shc really play a lot..

party favors:
Packing some stuffs for G's classmates, bought a small whiteboard w marker plus activity book plus 1 pack of hello panda, gers-pink theme boys-blue theme. Ambiguious names- winnie the pooh theme.. haha.. cheap.. 1pack only $2.20, just get the stuffs from those value shop. i think they will not use for long but its just the novelty and the excitement so i am not spending a lot, i budget one.. :p

pauline,
i don't think they sing. i was there for A's birthday celebration ytd. they ate the cake when served. no singing.

re: birthday bash
will try to trf $ by tonite. everyday very exhausted. will fall asleep when i hit the bed.

Genice, I visited the cc many times before letting Raeanne go there but always missed their meal times so never heard them singing. :p but I knew they have no religious affiliation n that's what I wanted.

Bx, thanks, they only sing it before meals, not for cake when I was there. But I asked my friend whose all 3 kids went to elfa, she said they do sing that song. My daughter calls it the food song n the principal told me the teacher can ask RA not to sing like some of the other kids but I think Raeanne will think she is being 'punished' if she was excluded. Also, it is good that they thank everyone involved in preparing n cooking the food. Eg yesterday, they had spagetti, Raeanne likes it so much that she ate two bowls n she kept saying Aunty Patsy cook spaghetti for me. The principal assured me that children at this age dun remember n will not be influenced unlike in secondary school. :p

Other than this, RA is very happy with school n finally willing to wear her school uniform. Think I have to close 1 eye then :p cos I like elfa's Chinese curriculum. RA sings more Chinese songs n speaks more Chinese since attending Elfa.

yesterday, she kept asking me to raise my hand and say 'down'. I tried to correct her n say that is 'up' not down n she got upset. Finally, it suddenly dawned on me that she is trying to take attendance like her Chinese teacher, so that's why raise hand and say 到。when i did it correctly, she was very happy. Kekeke.

Hi isobellies,
Can email me the bp contact?many thanks

Hi genice,
Mine will even sing the food song b4 meal n ask me to sing also,what type of tangrams do u do?where to buy?

Goodbbb, I try to simplify n explain to my gal that teacher irene says Amen n God bless you because God is her (heavenly) father but RA doesn't need to say it because God is not RA's daddy. Christians, please forgive me for the factually incorrect explanation. :p

pauline/genice,
i dun know why elfa did that. but for sure church kindy will definitely do it.
i attended 1 yr church kindy and was made to do it too. we got to attend the Sat mass somemore. i am not influenced in any way.
so, probably don't need to worry as what the teacher said. :p

re: milk
you all giving stage 4 formula or just give fresh milk already?
what's the next formula for NAN Pro 3? there's no NAN Pro 4 liao.

genice,
yeah i found something else that is within budget - $14.90, ok with you? Still part of Thomas's world so I know he'll be happy with it
happy.gif

i can buy it no problem as well, coz it's just nearby my place... you let me know again ok?

re: party favors,
for me last time use to buy theme party favors, now cut cost since i gotta prepare around 40 goodie bags, so i buy some puzzles from Daiso, and Playdoh party pack, and the rest mostly food... raisins, seaweed, oreo, wafer and gummy bears.

Xy, that's why I was surprised cos I deliberately choose religiously neutral school cos hubby is a free thinker.

Gar, I feedback to the principal n that was her response ie she can tell the teacher that RA doesn't need to sing but I think it may be strange for RA to keep quiet when her classmates r singing. I also dun know if it's wise to bypass the P n complain to the management. :p

I don't think it is right for the teacher to impose her own beliefs. I suspect the principal is also Christian
happy.gif

I would feedback to management

Gar, agree with you that management should be neutral.
happy.gif
But since my friend's 3 gals who study at a different centre (Pari Burong branch) said they also sing this song means that it is a tradition so the founder is probably Christian too. Anyway, going down to pay school fees tom so I will sound the principal out again and see if there is a way to feedback to management. :p

Back