(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

pauline/clover,
her drooling period is over. no diarrhea.
ruyi oil applied on her everynight since birth.
i tried teething gel too but no effect. still wakes up.

now me and hb got to work shift to attend to her.
this few days wakes up without crying much. but toss and turn makes lots of noise a lot. if don't attend to her, she will start crying.

my hb says: 'she's YOUR daughter!' haha...

iso,
avocado packed with high nutrients. power food.
that's why trying to give if possible.
happy.gif

XY
oic
happy.gif

i think my A also teething - since last Friday he had bad stomach flu, vomiting and diarrhea, then today his gums are lumpy. last night i had to carry him to sleep until he's in super deep sleep before i can put him down. so tired!!

Hi Isobellies,

Avocado is considered a super food. It provides nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.

But warning is it is high in fat so cannot eat too much too... :p Of course, the fat is healthy fat (no trans fat) but 1 avocado already fulfills 35% of our daily fat requirement. So need to take in moderation.

That said... I cannot take the smell, so I don't force Danica to take it. :p

RE: Teething

When Danica was teething, I used teething gel on her initially. This proved to be useless. So I went to browse the pharmacys in Singapore and came across Nelsons Teetha powder and that worked perfectly. http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/nelsons-teetha/

Danica also likes the taste of the powder and she sleeps well with it and through the night while teething. If I remember correctly, it is to be given after the last milk of the day.

Good luck and hang in there mummies!
happy.gif

Hi mommies

Qn: Is next year a good year for people born in the Year of the Rabbit?

I'm getting conflicting messages here. Some pp say it's good financially but some people say there's some clash in the stars and it's not good? Anyone knows?

Artemis

I get that avocado is good, but it isn't the most palatable, so not like die die must eat ;)

I'll ask my hubby to get some teething gel later. Did Danica have any pain without the gel? I'm like a newbie mum with teething - E was super fuss free when teething, you could only tell he was teething when the teeth came out!

Xy, just read from somewhere, tot can share with u, u can make Shan Yao, barley n qian shi porridge with dates for carrie's condition.

Hi Isobellies,

Danica was a super fussy child when she was teething, couldn't nap, sleep, eat, drink milk without fussing. Teething gel did nothing for her. 15 minutes tops and she is back to fussing. :p Only the Teetha powder worked for her.

iso,
confirm! small C was teething.
another of her bottom tooth came out on Saturday. she only woke up once on Sat and Sun night.

artemis,
i got to try the teething powder you recommended.
teething gel that works well for big A doesn't work for small A.
$19.90 right?

bkk,
Rabbit ppl will be 'fan4 tai4 sui4' in the year of Rabbit.
my school of thought is that it's not good. but my MIL will just go pray and it should be fine.. :p
anyway, my hb is excited about it. insisted to go and get the 'rabbit poster' for the new year. 12 years only once. he will be 48 when the next Rabbit comes..
:D

tong,
thanks. read the recipe you pasted in fb too.
i have shan yao at home, and will get qian shi to make porridge for her. hope she will like the porridge.
i cooked beef casserole (stew) for her over the weekend. she took quite about of it. made me so happy.

hello mummies,

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance!
GONG XI FA CAI!</font></font>
will have limited internet access from tomorrow onwards.

Hi Xiaoyun,

Oh thanks for confirming. My parents and I are Rabbits. Actually, I'm pretty excited too cos my parents will be 60 this year. I wanted to get a pair of Swavroski rabbits for them but they don't have! hai....still searching for nice pair of bunnies.

Porridge
S likes to eat porridge. K did not like porridge - she went straight to rice - so I don't have much experience with porridge recipes. What else can we put inside porridge? So far, my porridge very boring - mainly pumpkin and chicken/fish. The other MIL said the chicken seller told her dun give chicken cos can cause phlegm to baby (??). But S didn't like the fishy taste of fish even though we flake until very very small. She also hates carrots. Is there anything else I can put inside to make porridge taste better? When can we use pork?

Wishing everyone a very blessed Year of the Rabbit! May everything go smoothly for all, young and old!

bkkgal.. y cannot use pork? I have been using pork, fish and chicken for K leh. I like pork cause the porridge will be sweet. My mil will add in wolfberries and scallop too and any other veges for him. SInce i started working.. all done by mil.. to lessen the stress on her, i din even check what she added. :p. Haven prepare puree for her to add in for a very long time... lazy mummy. I think since she took care of gwen this way previously.. she will more or less do the same for K bah..

i have introduced a lot of tasty food to K already.. :p bad mummy.. let him taste mac egg, pancake, harshbrown and even carrot cake..

Re: party
eliaw, pls tell us if u need help.I can help to decorate the place too. Need any balloons? When do u nd us to trf e $?Or shld we liaise via fb, will it be easier?

Hi Genice
Oh can use pork? My mom always said use threadfin and mil also dunno. I was the one who tried fish。My first maid was the one who experimented many recipes with my mom for k. Mil now lost. I thought scallop is seafood should not intro until later? Wolfberries sound nice. Everyday I am the one to prepare porridge before work. Mil just feed. One pot feed for lunch and dinner.

I also let S try chee cheong fun (plain) and Cantonese porridge and ramen noodles. Terrible mommy! But she liked it!

Bkkgal, yah chicken cause phlegm, so dun give when kids are coughing. I didn't believe until I tried many times n confirmed it...

When I cook porridge I always have green veg in it then I have abt 4 ingredients. Egg, tomato, baby corn, mushroom, French bean, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum, parsnip n tofu. V seldom, liver. Since he turned 2, I use left over soup as soup stock. When he has running nose, organic miso.

bkkgal, I've always used lean pork to cook porridge for RA and RL. Usually 1 slice of lean pork, 1 slice of threadfin, broccoli/cauliflower/spinach/local spinach plus baby corn, carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato or potato. Maybe you can try?

By the way, do you still have bust firming cream for sale? I asked Gar but she said the stocks r with you.

hehe, I also let RL try a lot of foods so far, waffle, bread bun, yogurt, diluted tingkat soup etc. Bo bian, she's such a glutton. She can finish 1 bun (bread) on her own, 1 hr later, she wants to drink her milk but never fall asleep after the milk which shows that she's still hungry. :p

bkk, sure! definitely can use pork, in fact chicken and supposedly egg causes phlegm. But chicken is pretty much the main meat item my in laws place so my kids end up eat a lot of chicken. Normally, my in laws will prepare either chicken/ pork/fish porridge individually, dun mix when we cook it. But sometimes, we might add fish meat (flake it) and mix in before feeding K.The ingredients i put in are similar to clover and pauline. I give egg yolk to e 2 kids abt 3 days a week.

u can use corn to make the porridge sweet too but becoz i read somewhere that corn does not have much nutritional value so my kids dun really eat corn...

Pauline, K also very tum jia kind.. always look at us greedily.. and he is sprouting 4 more teeth now, total 6.. so definitely can chew much earlier than Gwen. Gwen had her 1st tooth at 8 mths. K has 6 at 8 mths..

bkk,

E likes frog leg/pork/fish/beef porridge. Sometimes we add millet/glutinous rice/brown rice to her porridge. My maid adds indian beans like our Chinese yellow beans. Once a while we cook vegetarian porridge and she can finish it also.
Huai shan 淮山 porridge is also one of my girl's favorites.

hi mommies,

thank you thank you for the many tips and ideas! About huaishan, can I ask is it the white colour strip that is like a chalk? Do I just throw it into the porridge? Any special preps?

If I dun have lean pork, can I use mince pork? Do I have to marinate the pork? I tried tofu, tomato and fish today. She's not so keen...maybe its the tomato taste. Tofu - she liked it in miso soup but not in porridge.

Tubao, do you mean lentils?

Pauline, I think I have some creams left. How many you want?

Bbkgal, u can get huai Shan fresh from supermaket. It's a kind of root. Just cut it up n throw into porridge the last 20 min cuz it cannot be cooked too long in high heat. For tomato, make pasta for her instead of using it in porridge, maybe she will like it better?

To all the Feb 2008 mummies,

Happy Lunar New Year!

May the new year bring good health, great wealth, joy and peace to you and your family. :D

Happy CNY to mummies! Wish you and your family healthy and happy!

bkkgal,
Ya, Ya, lentils.
I added one slice of tomato and a few wolf berries for taste, added them at the beginning. E also likes porridge with 2 small pork ribs, and usually can finish porridge and eat two pork ribs .

Happy Lunar New Year to all..

Birthday Bash

Theme: CAREBEARS
(Neutral, and there are carebear murals in the playroom)

1) Garfield (2A 1C 1B)
2) Leila (3A 1C 1B)
3) Genice (2A 1C 1B - bb not eating)
4) Tute (2A, 1C)
5) Eliaw (2A 1C)
6) bx (2A 1C 1B - bb not eating)
7) Thankful (3A 2C)
8) Bluegin (2A 1C 1B) YCK or P
9) qingling (3A 1C 1B)
10) Artemis (3A, 1C)
11) tubao(2A, 1C)

Total headcount: 26 Adults, 12 Children

Estimated
Cost per Adult - ($12 x 30)/26 = $13.85
Cost per Child - ($214 + $58.20)/12 = $22.70

Cake - Prima Deli
$38.80 x 1.5kg = $58.20
5083175.gif

This is the cake design i chose.. got all the colours, so every child will have their favourite coloured bear..

Pls transfer the correct amount to my POSB Savings 046-24211-4.. Any excess or topup will settle on B'dae bash itself..

For catering, we have the following 4 options:

<font color="119911">1) www.timdelight.com
$10.00 per pax – 8 Items from Category 1 – 8 (min. 35 pax)
$12.00 per pax – 9 Items from Category 1 – 9 (min. 30 pax)
CATEGORY 1 – CHICKEN
 Chicken Masak Merah
 Chicken Curry with Potatoes
 Roasted Chicken
 Chicken / Mutton Rendang
 Sweet &amp; Sour Chicken
CATEGORY 2 – FISH
 Fragrance Cereal Fish Fillet
 Deep Fried Fish Fillet with Orange Sauce
 Sweet &amp; Sour Fish Fillet
 Black Pepper Fish Fillet
 Fish &amp; Chip with Tartar Sauce
CATEGORY 3 – BEANCURD
 Mapo Beancurd
 Golden Beancurd with Broccoli
 Tauhu Goreng
 Braised Beancurd with Seafood
 Steamed Egg Beancurd
CATEGORY 4 – DEEP FRIED
 Deep Fried Net Spring Roll
 Deep Fried Sotong Ball
 Shell Shaped Curry Puff
 Deep Fried Seafood Wanton
 Deep Fried Seafood Wanton
 Fried Honey Prawn Dumping
CATEGORY 5 – VEGETABLE
 Sayur Lodeh
 Sambal Goreng
 Broccoli with Mixed Mushroom
 Xiao Bai Chai with Oyster Mushroom
 Long Bean with Sambal Onion
CATEGORY 6 – NOODLES
 Mee Goreng
 Vegetarian Fried Bee Hoon
 Fried Thick Bee Hoon with Seafood
 Stewed E-Fu Noodles
 Hong Kong Fried Noodles
CATEGORY 7 – RICE
 Chicken Favour Steamed Rice
 Butter Rice with Raisin
 Yang Chow Fried Rice
 Seafood Fried Rice
 Fried Rice with Anchovies
CATEGORY 8 – DESSERT
 Pulut Hitam
 Green Bean Soup with Sweet Potato
 Fruit Cocktail with Grass Jelly
 Fresh Fruit Platter
 Mango Pudding
CATEGORY 9 – PRAWN
 Deep-Fried Tempura Prawn Ball
 Sichuan Style Prawn with Chili
 Prawn Ball with Special Chef Sauce
 Sweet &amp; Sour Prawn
 Prawn Ball with Strawberry Sauce
COMPLIMENTARY BEVERAGE
 Fruit Punch
 Orange Cordial
 Barley Cordial
 Lime Cordial
 Pink Guava Cordial</font>

<font color="ff0000">2) www.thenakedfishshoppe.com
$10
Select 1 Item each from Section A and 8 items from Section B
Section A:
Chicken
 Teriyaki Boneless Chicken with Sesame Seed
 Hickory Boneless Chicken
 Sweet &amp; Sour Chicken
 Thai Style Kai Tod Boneless Chicken
 Hainanese Chicken Curry
Fish
 Fish Fillet with Sweet &amp; Sour Sauce
 Fish Fillet with Spicy Sichuan Sauce
 Fish Fillet with Assam Pedas
 Breaded Fish Fillet with Tartar Sauce
Section B: Vegetable
 Hainanese Style Mixed Vegetables
 Sayor Lodeh with Tau Kwa
 Long Bean Sichuan Style with minced meat
 Siow Pai Chye w/assorted Mushroom
Bean curd
 Braised Beancurd with Sliced Mushroom
 Braised Beancurd with Egg White &amp; Peas
 Mapo Tofu
 Tauhu Goreng with Peanut Sauce
Snack
 Mix Vegetable Ball
 Ngo Hiang Roll with Sweet Sauce
 Thai Fish Cake with Kai Tod Sauce
 Mini Curry Samosa
 Shrimp egg Omelets
Rice
 Tomato Rice
 Nasi Goreng
 Yang Chow Fried Rice
 Vegetarian Mushroom Rice
Noodles
 Spaghetti Napolitano
 Vegetarian Fried Bee Hoon
 Thai Style Fried Kway Teow
 Fried Dried Mee Siam
 Fried Hong Kong Noodle
Dessert
 Almond Longan Jelly
 Mango Pudding
 Honey dew Pudding
 Fruit cocktail Jelly
Beverage
 Fruit Punch  Pink Guava Cordial
 Mango Cordial  Orange Cordial
 Lemon Barley Cordail
 Coffee &amp; Tea</font>

<font color="0000ff">3) www.elsiekitchen.com.sg
$12 (1 item from each category)
CATEGORY 1 – RICE
 FRIED RICE WITH SALTED FISH &amp; DICE
CHICKEN
 SEAFOOD FRIED RICE
 THAI PINEAPPLE RICE
 MUSHROOM RICE
 NASI BRIYANI
 VEGETARIAN FRIED RICE
CATEGORY 2 – NOODLES
 YI FU NOODLE
 SEAFOOD MEE GORENG
 HONG KONG NOODLE
 VEGETARAIN BEE HOON
 SEAFOOD BEE HOON
 HOKKIEN NOODLE
 FRIED TANG HOON
 FRIED THAI KUEH TEOW
CATEGORY 3 – VEGETABLE
 LOR HAN CHAI
 BABY KAILAN WITH MUSHROOM
 CURRY VEGETABLES
 NONYA CHAP CHYE
 SAMBAL GORENG
 SIOW PAI CHYE WITH SHREDDED MUSHROOM
CATEGORY 4 – CHICKEN
 CURRY CHICKEN
 RENDANG CHICKEN
 SESAME SEED CHICKEN
 LEMON CHICKEN
 PRAWN PASTE CHICKEN
 DICED CHICKEN WITH DICED CHILLI
 DICED CHICKEN WITH CASHEW NUTS
 SWEET &amp; SOUR CHICKEN
 PANDAN CHICKEN
 HONEY BAKED CHICKEN DRUMLET
 KORMA CHICKEN
CATEGORY 5 – FISH
 EMPEROR FISH FILLET WITH TARTAR SAUCE
 SWEET &amp; SOUR FISH
 LEMON FISH
 SAMBAL FISH FILLET OF SEABASS
CATEGORY 5 – Continued……
 GRILLED FISH FILLET OF SEABASS
 ASSAM FISH WITH NANAS
 SPECIAL OTAH
 SLICED FISH WITH GINGER &amp; SPRING ONION
 BLACK PEPPER FISH
CATEGORY 6 – BEANCURD
 BRAISED BEANCURD WITH MUSHROOM
 GOLDEN SEAFOOD BEANCURD
 MAPO TOUFU
 BEANCURD STUFF WITH SOTONG PASTE
CATEGORY 7 – OTHERS
 HONEY SHRIMP WANTON
 ROCKY SHRIMP BALL
 CRAB CLAW
 SHRIMP PARCEL
 TERIYAKI CHICKEN MEATBALL
 THAI FISH CAKE
CATEGORY 8 – DESSERT / SNACKS
 HONEY DEW SAGO
 ALMOND LONGAN
 HOT CHENG TNG
 MANGO PUDDING CUP
 BUBUR TERIGU – WHITE WHEAT
 BUBUR PULUT HITAM
 CHILLED GRASS JELLY CUP
 THAI TAPIOCA
CATEGORY 9 – OTHERS
 ASSORTED SNACK &amp; PASTRIES
 FRESH FRUIT PLATTER
 SAMOSA
 VEGETABLE SPRING ROLL
CATEGORY 10 – BEVERAGES
 FRUIT PUNCH
 ICE LEMON TEA
 ORANGE CORDIAL
 BARLEY
 PINK GUAVA CORDIAL</font>

4) www.gimtim.com.sg
Imperial Court Shark's Fin Restaurant $12+
1 )  Curry Chicken with Potatoes 椰香咖喱鸡
 Boxer Chicken with Marmite Sauce 妈蜜锤仔鸡
 Deep-Fried Mid Chicken Wing 酥炸中鸡翼
2 )  Sliced Fish with Lemon Sauce 西柠炸鱼片
 Sweet &amp; Sour Fish Fillet 糖醋炸鱼片
 Fish Assam Pedas 亚参鲜鱼片
3 )  Braised Bean Curd with Golden Mushroom 金菇扒豆腐
 Deep-Fried Home Made Bean Curd 酥炸自制豆腐
 Braised Bean Curd with Oyster Sauce 红烧海鲜豆腐
4 )  Fried Dough Stuffing with Salad Cream 沙律酿油条
 Deep-Fried Spring Roll 酥炸春卷
 Sotong Ball with Tartar Sauce 搭搭苏东丸
5 )  Stew Mixed Vegetable 竹笙罗汉菜
 Braised Mushroom with Green 三菇扒时蔬
 Fried Broccoli with Seafood in XO Sauce 海鲜西兰花
6)  Pork Chop with Coffee Flavor 咖啡肉排
 Braised Sea-Cucumber with Pork Ribs 海参排骨
 Baked Pork Chop with Honey Sauce 烧汁肉排
7 )  Fried HOKKIEN Mee Sua 福建炒面线
 Fried HONG KONG Noodles 香港式炒面
 THAI Style Fried Rice 泰式黄梨炒饭
8 )  Longan with Chin Chow 仙草龙眼冻
 Hot Cheng Tng 雪耳热清汤
 Sweetened Yam Paste with Gingko Nuts

Anyone has any recommendations?

eliaw.. thanks for organising!

what is the exact date again?

Is the $15 gift exchange still on?

If still on, should we allocate who buy whose pressies..eg maybe #1 buy #2 ( Gar buy Leila and so on.. then tubao will buy Gar's) then we can do private emails on our own if we prefer certain prsents.

Food
Gim tim food is nice.. wil vote for gim tim.

27 February. Room is open from 5-9pm.

Yes, the gift exchange is on.. Thanks for suggesting the gift exchange method.. We'll go with that!

Tute, I want a care bear! Will let u know what colour!

Lol... eliaw, so fast ! for a moment there i was not sure why you're calling for me then i scroll up realise my name is on top of your name in the list... hahaha... let me know ok
happy.gif

hehe.. eliaw i got carebear at home leh..u want??Buy stuff toy no use one leh.. :p

tute.. what do u want??
happy.gif

leila.. i will update u.. dunno what i want.. haha..

Genice,

cute la, carebear theme then have carebear pressie..
happy.gif
what colour is yr carebear?

Bx, lemme know what u want..

Hi mummies - Happy CNY..finally end of my CNY holidays today..gona be back to reality tmr..

Eliaw - i try to transfer as soon as i got my IB chip - it went missing since 2 weeks ago..sigh..haven;t the chance to go down raffles place to replace it..probably i will do a atm transfer.

Artemis - let me know what Danica likes :D

Gar,
L loves the concrete mixer vehicle....n i knw where to buy!!!! want me to "help" u to buy??? Help each other out mah cos wid 2 kids, i really have not much chance to shop. How?? u want???? hahaha!!! But of course if u wanna go hunting for it, L wld be more than happy to let u do the shopping for his pressie
happy.gif

genice,
ok gal, u better let me knw fast what u (???!!!)or ur gal want cos i only have half a day per forthnight to go out by myself to "breathe". Let me knw soonest then i can go hunt for the pressie ya? btw, can PM me ur mobile no.?

tubao,
i got ur email but no chance to reply...kids have been taking turns to fall sick
sad.gif
will arrange when we can have a mini playdate ya?

help!!
anyone knows where to get disney princess bday cake?

eliaw,
sorry have not been checking posts. what is it u r asking? if i fail to reply here, can u sms me at 97833429? thanks a lot for coordinating this.

Hi, Eliaw,
Thanks for organizing birthday bash. I just made IB transfer.
Time:08 Feb 2011 08:57 AM
Amount: $50.4
Ref num: 6513677614 .

Hi, Garfield,
What A wants? ^_^

Hi, Artemis
Will get back to you what E wants later. ^_^

Hi, Leila,
Ya, maybe three months later when babies have longer stretch of wake up time. Now my babies eat and sleep most of time. E is at full day childcare.

leila,
on!! pls help me to buy and i'll reimburse you hehe....

Bx,
you can get disney princess from bengawan solo

Tubao,
A loves art and craft. I actually know what she'll like, but it exceeds the $15 budget. maybe i can top up the difference? let me know if it's ok with you
happy.gif

gar,
i saw the website already. not many choices. all single character. do u think they have more choices at their outlets?

gift xchange.
finally understand the format of xchange. ok, Thankful, u ard? what should i get for ur gal? any suggestions?

eliaw,
some suggestions on what to get for A. She is into girlish stuff like makeup, jewellery. also can get things like broom, vacuum, mop etc. i mean toys. iron also. playdoh is also good but most likely over budget. unless u can find something within the budget
happy.gif

Hi, Garfield
Ok with me. Just sent you PM.

Hi, Artemis,
E likes to have a toy gun preferable in orange color. Thanks.

jeannie,
Cayleb likes trucks - particularly firetruck, cars, trains - particularly Thomas, dinosaurs, bugs &amp; insects... he likes small toys which is not battery operated because he likes to play "pretend"... I think he is eyeing on one of thomas's take 'n play toy - which i can check for you how much is it to see if within budget or not... if not within budget, maybe i can help to top up a bit?
happy.gif

bx, gar,
i have a totally irrelevant question. is disney princess like er, a movie or something? i recently bought some princess stuff for the girls who came to E's party, but I have totally NO clue what that's all about...

iso,
i think it's a combination of all disney princess characters like Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, etc. My students told me there are 7-8 of them in all.

Bx
At bengawan collecting A's cake. They have other princess designs with all the princess on one cake. But it's the sugar sheet printed type not the cream design type. Min 2kg

They also have a few designs with 3 princesses on one cake that starts from 0.5kg onwards. The brochure is not available online

Hi eliaw,

I transferred just now.

From Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1
To Account POSB Savings
046-24211-4 Eliaw
Amount S$64.25
Transaction Reference 6516611787

Hi qingling,

Danica likes Toy Story and My Friends Tigger and Pooh stuff. She already has a Buzz Lightyear and Tigger soft toy so don't get those.
happy.gif

Hi tubao,

Please let me know what Emma likes.
happy.gif

Re: birthday bash

So excited to see you all! :D

Re: Bengawan Solo Cake Designs

Some online brochures here:
- Premium 3D Cakes (http://www.bengawansolo.com.sg/PDF/Bengawan_Solo_Premium_3D_Cakes_Brochure.pdf)
- Disney Art Cakes (http://www.bengawansolo.com.sg/PDF/Bengawan_Solo_Disney_Art_Cake_Brochure.pdf)
- Toy Story Cakes (http://www.bengawansolo.com.sg/PDF/Bengawan_Solo_Toy_Story_Brochure.pdf)

Back