(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Hi ladies,
Feeling excited and anxious now...will be gog to MAH at 12pm today to induce labour.
Saw gynae yday nite. He said water level in water bag very very low liao..must induce ASAP. Actually asked me to induce yday nite but we needed time to settle our son's child care arrangements..so finally settled on 12pm today.
BB is at 38 wks and abt 2.7kg. Hope he is at least 3 kg...
Seems like he still prefers to be a Mar BB...

Hi Traz,

have a smooth delivery and do update us after u pop!
happy.gif

Gals,
Anyone of you feel that we are now weaker as our delivery draws nearer. Was down with flu and sore throat since Tues and till now flu hasnt recovered. Last time it seems to get better after a dose of medicine, dont knw why this round, flu and sore throat seems to persist... hai

twinkle,
no leh. it didnt happen to me. i m getting more tired and lazy to move around, tats all.

anyway, take care nw and remember to tell ur gynae

Hi I am from the March thread

I got a box of Avent breast shield to let go. Original Price $29.90. willing to let go at $18.

As you can see it is still very new as i used only less than 1 week.
744500.jpg

Hi Twinkle,

Same here, I have been down with a bad throat and blocked nose since early this week. Throat got really bad last nite so went to see a doc this morning. He diagnosed its as sinus infection for the blocked nose and a reflux of food causing acid to get to the throat, resulting in the bad throat. Really feel weaker now that popping day is nearing. Didn't really fall sick throughout the whole pregnancy and definitely never suffered from sinus infection!

I'm at week 38 now and like some mommies, I have also become lazier...ehheee. Maybe cos I started ML since Monday so thot might as well enjoy and relax whatever non-baby time I have left! ahhaha.

Hope we and other mommies who are not in the best of health at the moment will recover soon!!

Congrats to all mummies who've given and gng to give give birth soon!

Re: sore throat and blocked nose
Strange, me also have been having blocked nose n sore throat. Esp in the morning when I wake up, my throat feels super dry and painful...btw, week 37 now..

Hello to all mummies,

It has been sometimes since I last posted.

Today went to gynae appointment and my boy was 3kg at week 37. I will go for induce on next Monday, 2 Apr. Currently 2cm dilated. Hee hee, getting excited now......

Beyond,
y need to induce when u r already dilated? jus to let u noe, when gynae told me i was 1cm dilated, i quickly rushed out to eat all my fave stuff b4 delivering (cos confinement cant eat!!!)...

and i still worked for 1 day after i found out i was 1cm dilated...my work requires me to walk alot...end up my water bag burst e next day while i was sitting on e floor playing monopoly with my sis
happy.gif

and my labour was v fast...dilated to 10cm v quickly...in fact, e midwives were so shocked!! gynae almost could not make it for e delivery!!

if u want bb to come out fast, do some walking (with pple helping of cos) and pelvic rocks plus squats...save e induce $$ :p cos alot of pple induce and dun dilate well at all, end up emergency C section...if u can let labour come naturally, it is best
happy.gif

From Augleo's Hubby:

Hello to all mummies,

My wife gave birth at 38 weeks on 29 March at 3pm.
Baby boy 53cm & 3.13kg.

Birth story would be later.

Mrs Lai
Actually increase of 12kg consider not much liao.. heard some mommies put on 20kg.. will you be doing any massage after delivery to slim down? By the way, how old is your first kid now? Guess not easy to manage 2 kids you got any plans or strategies on how to manage? :p

Catherine
Wow so envy take double dosage iron pills and no C problem.. you must be drinking a lot of water & taking fruits & veges Guess I dun dun enough water thats why. :p

I still have yet to start drinking coconut water but do take liang stuff like ice kachang or green bean soup once a while. Hope that can help too will start to order coconut drinks when I can find them....

So your colleague deliver by c-sect since the babys legs is downwards?

Twinkle / Cindy
So far my health is ok but definitely am getting lazier to move around. But problem is at this stage, we need to walk more and do exercises to open up the pelvic area..haizzz..

Why dun you use nasal sprays? I find it effective for me used to have bad sinuses but since I start using the sprays I seldom get cold & block nose.

Beyond
You delivering at Raffles Hosp right? All the best for your delivery next week remember to keep us posted of the good news after you are discharged.

Hi All

Congrats to all mommies who have juz given birth!!! = o )

re: coconut juice
just fyi - my husband bought me 2 coconuts from carrefour n it's pretty easy to drink. you don't have to chop off the top of the coconut to get to the juice. there's a little hole in the top of the coconut that you can poke the straw through. really quite easy.

Hi Mrs Lai,

The sweetest moment cakes look pretty. How is the quality of the angku kueh and swiss rolls?

Hi Taitai,

I guess good food comes with a price.

Actually I'm now considering having 2 separate parties too. Thanks to my parent in law's brillant idea of celebrating their 30 something years old daughter's birthday at my bb's full month party. My blur husband agreed to their proposal. However, they failed to realise half of the guests, i.e my relatives and friends don't know my sister in law, it will be very awkward for them, esp if/when they feel oblige to prepare a separate birthday present for this total stranger when attending my bb's full month party. I feel too paiseh to invite them to the party so I guess the best I can do in this situation is to have a separate party for my relatives and friends.

Whoa! So many bb reporting. Congrates to all new mothers
happy.gif

Hi ValC,

My delivery mtd is natural w/o epi.
Thanks

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Born at Wk</TD><TD>Lt/Wt at birth</TD><TD>Delivery mtd</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jessie (Yiandjun)</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>13-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>15-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>19-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>T2</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2.5kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Miraclebb</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>21-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Asher</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>23-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>38</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>50cm/2.63kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>25-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.1kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>51cm/3.93kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>hook (hook)</TD><TD>19-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>47cm/2.86kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>28-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>50cm/2.9kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Augleo</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>29-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>53cm/3.13kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

pageup, cld you share whether your no epi is preplanned or too late for it? and was it painful? wld you recommend it? or wld you say it was torturous?

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Born at Wk</TD><TD>Lt/Wt at birth</TD><TD>Delivery mtd</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jessie (Yiandjun)</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>13-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>15-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>19-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>T2</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2.5kg</TD><TD>natural, no epi</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Miraclebb</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>21-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Asher</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>23-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>38</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>50cm/2.63kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>25-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.1kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>51cm/3.93kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>hook (hook)</TD><TD>19-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>47cm/2.86kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>28-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>50cm/2.9kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Augleo</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>29-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>53cm/3.13kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hey ValC,
Tks for updating the chart..
744642.gif

think if i dun rem wrongly, Esther, hook and baby love had their bbs via c-sect.. u may add in since u hv the delivery mtd added.. tks again!!

Congrats to all mummies who hv popped.. me still waiting anxiously.. haha..

744643.png

Hi J&R,
u must be having a big shock when u see dis happen bah?? haha... i dun noe what i will react if i see dat lor.. sure scare till dun noe like what lor.. keke

RE:magazine
just open the letter box and finally the magazine is in my letter box le..

Re: tireness
me too.. feel so heavy and tired recently..
dun feel like doing anything and walking at all.. my leg are more swollen than the past few days.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Born at Wk</TD><TD>Lt/Wt at birth</TD><TD>Delivery mtd</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jessie (Yiandjun)</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>13-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>15-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>19-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>T2</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2.5kg</TD><TD>natural, no epi</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Miraclebb</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>21-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Asher</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>23-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>38</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>50cm/2.63kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>25-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.1kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>51cm/3.93kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>hook (hook)</TD><TD>19-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>47cm/2.86kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>28-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>50cm/2.9kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Augleo</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>29-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>53cm/3.13kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

re : confinement herbs for consumption.
how do we go shopping for these? is it recommended to buy from eu yan sang? i have 20% there as this mth is my bday mth. but today is last day unfortunately. or do i buy from chong hoe, prob reputable, at serangoon gdns. they recommend that i buy the prepacked ones but i think they are more expensive as according to their co recipes. loose ones wld prob be cheaper? and the confinement nanny wld have her own recipes? am i right? they estimated that i wld have to spend $1K but i think that's so ridiculous. i wonder if it is really that effective for our health and worth paying.

hi ladies,

I have popped too on 27/03/07! (EDD 08/04/07)
Baby girl weighted 3.15kg, 49cm

Birth Story:

26/03/07: Cervic show - Brownish discharge, streak of red..

27/03/07:
2am : bearable contraction pain (i.e "sng sng backache" that comes and go) till morning 10am. Visited gynae and was told 2cm dilated.

11am : Admitted to delivery suitev -shave bottom half pubic hair and insert poo poo medicine (really "poo" in 3-5mins!!! don't dilly dally, "cheong" for toilet bowl cos can't really control one hor)

12pm - 1pm: ask for epidural tho contraction pain still bearable

4/5pm : dilated only 5cm, and contraction pain slow down. So doc called for inducement drip to hasten dilation

9.30pm: dilated 10cm.

9.50pm: my bb girl popped without any assisted delivery. Approx 12hrs labour wait for bb!

my comments:
Don't eat/eat light if taking epidural cos you might vomit after delivery.

epidural make you shiver,

epidural may not be totally painless you might still feel some contraction sensation or pressure. I could feel contraction pressure on the back of one thigh and hipbone (drug only successfullly blocked nerves on one side of body, tell the nurse cos it could due to your lying position). But This helps in pushing actually cos i can feel the pressure (no pain) when contraction build up in intensity which guide you when to push based on your body sensation and not midwife direction.

If I had not taken epidural for the 12hr labour I think my delivery will be a trauma. I said that bcos despite having epidural I can still feel the contraction and the pain intenstiy is far from early contraction

Good luck the rest!

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Born at Wk</TD><TD>Lt/Wt at birth</TD><TD>Delivery mtd</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jessie (Yiandjun)</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>13-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>15-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>19-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>T2</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2.5kg</TD><TD>natural, no epi</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Miraclebb</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>21-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Asher</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>23-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>38</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>50cm/2.63kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>25-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.1kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>51cm/3.93kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>hook (hook)</TD><TD>19-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>47cm/2.86kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Stileto</TD><TD>8-Apr-07</TD><TD>27-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.15kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Sim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>28-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>50cm/2.9kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Augleo</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>29-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>53cm/3.13kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

sandwich

Ya i know the size is quite small, but $5.50 it's quite a "cheapo" but VERY nice alternative for the usual man yue box for all the friends lor. I cannot afford $10 per couple or reflative =)

So just save the more traditional and expensive ones for the family relatives and friends - afterall they would be more 'traditional' in their expectations.

page up

I never tried it before but reading the reviews it seems quite good - anyway, I buying it more for the packaging! hehe ... personally compared to some other "new age" man yue package, this one's pricing seems a lot more reasonable.

I'll prob do party packs for the kids who is going as well ... but I guess it depends on how "bouncy" i am 1 month after baby's birth!

spring dance

today just went for a pre-natal massage and at the same time sign up for the post natal massage - $730 nett for 8 sessions at my place, seems quite reasonable =) added extra for slimming cream to be applied hehehe

tai tai

now i seriously considering going for C section! I might have to go for it anyway, cuz my BP after medication still hovering 140/ 90 plus ... =(

Hi Wynston,

The induce was planned sometimes ago as I had miscarriage before this pregnancy. Therefore, already planned to induce on week 37 or 38, just to play safe...... since I already dilated 2cm, maybe with the induce my delivery will be faster????

These few days also eat all my favourite food... or else have to wait till after confinement
sad.gif

Hi Springdance,
Yes, I will be delivering at Raffles Hospital. I only have your hp # and jmonster hp#. I will sms both of u once I give birth.

spring dance

this is my first kid! needless to say, I'm very extremely apprehensive ;P

I do have a blog on the pregnancy, so if you interested, I can send you the link =)

hi all..
think i hv decided on Nataessentials for my confinement food delivery.
now gotta discuss with hubby if need to order home meal delivery for him coz i think my MIL will be too lazy to cook.

now we stay with her.. she oredi don't cook dinner so we always eat out. cannot imagine when BB comes along, she lagi no time to cook. so sian.. more expenses for confinement

lynnda
i also order natal essential, the food when delivered is not hot anymore so need to warm up. also the dish lean meat with kidney not very nice and not filling. the lean meat is of poor quality. the sheng yu is also not of good quality.

if u are willing to pay $1300 for the confinement food i suggest might as well get a confinement lady who can cook well with fresh ingredients.

the only good thing is their soup. the rest of the fried rice, fish, meat not fresh.

oh then their pork leg with ginger, mostly fatty meat, not much lean meat lor, so very very oily.

their vegetables also taste bitter (according to my mom coz i don eat vegetables one).

this is an article from baby center tot is quite important for us who don have sufficient BM.

Question: Can I mix breast milk and formula?

Answer: While there's nothing wrong with mixing breast milk and formula in the same container, it's not recommended simply because you don't want to waste a single drop of your precious breast milk. Formula from a bottle that your baby has drunk from must be discarded within an hour of preparation. Breast milk, on the other hand, will "keep," refrigerated, for a number of hours in a bottle that's been fed.

So, for example, if you mix 2 ounces of expressed breast milk with 2 ounces of formula, and your baby only drinks 2 ounces altogether, you'll have to throw the leftovers out, wasting some of the breast milk. To avoid this kind of waste, a good plan is to feed your baby whatever breast milk you've expressed, and then follow that up with couple of ounces of formula if you need it.

Some mothers mix powdered formula with their breast milk in order to increase the calories their baby gets during a feeding. Please do not do this! Not only does it change the composition of the breast milk, but the micronutrients in the formula will become so much more concentrated that it can be very hard on your baby's immature kidneys. Always follow the exact directions on the can of powdered or concentrated formula, and never mix formula with anything but distilled water.

j&r
since gynae says MIGHT induce, just go with the intention of being induced then. so you don't have "mixed" emotions. but can imagine how you feel if i'm in yr shoes too!!

stileto
congrats!!!

march/april babies
wow, many mommies have popped earlier. i was supposed to be early too but looks like my girl's not budging yet. actually the suspense is killing me! =p
the rest of us have made it to april so jia you!! maybe next week a lot of us will deliver by then... heheheh...

Hi mummies
me getting all excited and jittery too!!

went for my check up last week at 37th week and 2cm dilated.. gynae also says coming wed if I'm 3cm dilated, she will induce me already.. having mixed feelings now.. hoping baby will come naturally but like what dreambaby says, go with the intention of being induced..

initially thought of not getting epidural if i can withstahnd the pain, but if it turns out to be induction, i'm having second thougths about it now...

belle
thanks so much for your input on caterer.. are u gonna order confinement this time round? aiyo.. so sian leh. i wanna get CL but flat to small for CL to sleep. even if put her at living room also no space
sad.gif

anyway, will order that for 2 weeks then eat normal after that lor since i m not gonna follow those traditional rules
happy.gif

Hi anyone has brown discharge ater vaginal check? I had gyane visit on thurs and she did vaginal check and yesterday i had som ebronwd discharged. Not sure if i should go see the gyane tmr b4 i go to work incase i am already dilated.........

congrats to Augleo & Stileto!!!

pepper,
thanks for posting the Q&A of 'Can I mix breast milk and formula?'

mommies,
last nite went for my nephew's BBQ birthday celebration. then went i was on my bed, suddenly i felt some cramps at the lower part of my tummy! it frightened me cos i hv telling bb to come out after taking the feast! *faint* anyway nothing was happened and i slept my way thru, phew!

i m getting nervous, how?! could nt imagine that i wil be lying in hospital delivery suite soon.. nightmare!!! tmr will b going for CTG chk and cervix chk @39wk.. the time is getting nearer.

think these few days walk more, shop more.. heard can help to induce naturally ba.. hahah!! :p rather naturally induce then doctor leh.. hehe.. if really cant, then bo bian lor.. wait for thus lor.. haha..

hi mummies

went for my gynae visit at 36 weeks and my bb gals is now 2.2kg.. haha.. although i lost some weight which is quite worrying.. despite the amount i eat.. wonder why still lose weight...

told the doc mayb it's because i didn't hv good sleep due to rashes.. did ctg test too.. but nothing unusual.. told the nurse my hospital bag not packed.. she was shocked n commanded me to do it ASAP!!!! told her hubby nt around.. bb can't come out!!! hehe

Michelle: yes the photo shot was fun!!! reali quite an experience.. next time u can go with bb.. then can print pic on the diaper bag!@@ keke

Hi Kelley,

Yes, after my gynae broke the water bag, confirm the particles are bb motion. Lucky I was induced else if bb were to stay too long inside, will not be good for him.

Hi Snowflakes,

Well...
happy.gif
I can said its not that scary as what I thought Kbut its all worth it. After all, u will forget everything cox once bb was out, u will put all attention on him & u had actually forgot they are doing the stitching up etc for u. It was so emotional that I cried when the moment my bb was out
happy.gif

U sure can make it. Dun worry too much yaK.juz another 2 more days & u will get to see you bb soon
happy.gif

Birth Story

Contraction on 24th March, after seeing gynae, I was already 2cm dilated. Showed some particles during scanning & was advised to induce.

3:00pm admitted to Delivery suite.
3:30pm Anaesthetist arrived & was given the Epidural. Due to my scoliosis problem, I was poke twice as he cant feel the actual location.
sad.gif

5:00pm - Gynae came to burst the water bag. Indeed bb was passing motion inside. Lucky I was asked to induce else it will be danger to bb
10:30pm - 5cm dilated
11pm+ - 6cm+ dilated
3:30pm - 9cm dilated
6am - started to push

The dilation process was a bit slow for me as in total the labour time is 14 hours.

Agreed with Stileto,

Epidural

No food & drinks if u opt for epidural. I had not taken my lunch yet when I was seeing my gynae ard 1pm++. So when I was told to go straight to delivery suite, I was not allowed to eat anything or drink at all. Was very hungry but no choice have to endure though out the whole process..
sad.gif

Epidural really make you shiver. I was shivering a lot after I was injected with epidural. After delivery, I even vomit too. I think I had vomit for at least 5 times. I also feel itchness at my chest area but it was quite mile for abt 10mins.

Overall Experience

Overall experience was ok. Although I was injected with epidural but my right leg was not totally Numb. Ask the nurse to increase the doze but was told that they already increase to the max. So told that the numbness on my right was due to bb pressing on my nerve thats why I still can feel the pain. Although the contraction was a bit pain in the last stage but still can bearable. The worst part was when my gynae was giving me the episiotomy & sittching, I can feel it!!

I had some difficulties when trying to push my bb out, maybe I was using the wrong way of pushing & I was quite tired after several push. End up, I was assisted with vacuum. After bb head was out, everything seems to be more easier. It was such a relieved when bb was out.
& the feeling was great

Valc & Ixora,

Pls help me to update some missing info. Thanks

EDD - 3-Apr-07
Actual DD - 25-Mar-07
Baby # - 1
Gender - Boy
Baby's Name
Born at Wk - 39
Lt/Wt at birth - 49cm/3.105kg
Delivery mtd - Natural
Gynae - DR Mary Yang
Hospital - Gleneagles Hospital

hi dlim, congrats.... i m getting paranoid when edd is near.. got things hvn't do but so tired.. also don't know hw.. jst can do them bit by bit....

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Born at Wk</TD><TD>Lt/Wt at birth</TD><TD>Delivery mtd</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Jessie (Yiandjun)</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>13-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>3.2kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>15-Mar-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>2.97kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Woo BH</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>19-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>T2</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>2.5kg</TD><TD>natural, no epi</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Miraclebb</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>21-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Asher</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3.38kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>23-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>38</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>50cm/2.63kg</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Dlim</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>25-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.1kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Mary Yang</TD><TD>GLENEAGLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>51cm/3.93kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Hii HC</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>hook (hook)</TD><TD>19-Apr-07</TD><TD>26-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>47cm/2.86kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Stileto</TD><TD>8-Apr-07</TD><TD>27-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>49cm/3.15kg</TD><TD>natural w epi</TD><TD>DR Sim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>28-Mar-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>50cm/2.9kg</TD><TD>C-Sect</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Augleo</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>29-Mar-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>53cm/3.13kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Kelley,

Dun worry too much.... Juz think of yr bb. U will be seeing your little one soon. R u giving natural? Its not so scary as what we have thought...take care ya!
happy.gif

Hi I am from the March thread

anyone interested to buy the medela PIS advanced from me in late april from me? i am willing to let go at $450, same price as what Parentcraft is selling for 2nd hand of 6 months, but i only use 2 months by end April. because once i go back to HK i wont BF anymore. if keen let me know then i reserve for u. still in almost brand new condition because i only use
1 pump and i never use it outside, so the battery pack, cooler bag, all never touched before

I can provide receipt of proof that i bought on 9 March and it still has warranty of one year from date of purchase. U can also sell the machine back to Parent craft within 6 months from purchase. so it is a very good deal.

745281.jpg

hi dlim,

ya.. expecting natural.. don't no... jst feel paranoid... help... mayb cos daddy is not around too.. hhmmm... i wish somethng could soothe me down.. mayb i should eat some ice cream... hahah

sunday such a boring day w/o huby... some more all mums are not at home.. haiz.. just finish doing some stuff for bb and myself!!! hhmm.. reali bored now..

hey michelle,

remember you ask me what thermometer i bot for the baby? i got cadi thermometer..

hehe... sorry for the late reply.. just packing then realise.. haha... i bot it like $70+ at the baby fair.. but they say usual price is about $95...

Hi valc,

The reason why I didn't have epidural is because my labor is only 1hr - no time to administer the painkiller.
I think it really depends on situation, if the labor is going to be long, I will take epidural without hesistation. It really takes a lot of strong will and perservance to bear through the long on/off labor pain.
Not sure abt side effect of epidural and I'm not sure if my fast recovery is attributed to my drug free delivery, but I did manage to walk around without help within an hr from delivery.

Hi Mrs Lai,

Yup, I'm attracted to the nice packaging for sweetest moment's cakes too.. hee hee

Ladies, I saw somebody asking about singapore cord blood bank. If you are interested in donating your bb's cord blood, better make arrangement with SCBB for interview soon. After the interview, they will give you a letter for you to bring to hospital on the day you 'check in'.
I couldn't donate my bb's cord blood because there isn't enough time for the midwives to prepare for the collection. Nevertheless, the SCBB staffs are still very nice, one of them visted me at the hospital to thank me for the intention to donate cordblood though we didn't get to do it.

I urge all mummies to be who are eligible to donate cordblood to consider donating your bb's cordblood to SCBB to help others who are in need.
happy.gif

Dlim,
tks for your birth story.. think I'll cry too when i see my bb.. u so fast can see your bb liao.. i rem u were still recommending milk powder to me.. now u hv popped!
happy.gif

I shall wait patiently for my turn.. keke

745372.png

Yup pageup,
yours was really a fast labour.. fully dilated so fast.. Anyway, I hv juz done with SCBB interview on Fri..
happy.gif

745380.png

Back