(2007/02) February

pekochan
funny leh.. i went thr the "hardships" then.. and die die tell myself i dun wanna go thr it all over again.. :p i am more interested in losing weight this time round kekekeke.. luckily my CL not very traditional... cooks very healthy food.. besides the usual one greens for every meal.. i oso just had those soups with different kinds of beans (meaned for vegetarian Confinements)..

thanks all!!

catz ar...
haha your radar quite zhun this time le..

smurfy
i think operations should start be late dec. currently 18 week. c-sect earlier ma! seems that its another boy, kinda disappointed!

eh your phobia of latching is with QY ma, meimei still can try wat!?!? i had horror feeding tyra..but was quite ok with tyler le. but if feel more comfortable doing exclusive pumping, i think its ok too!!

cherry,
you can aim to sell your freestyle to me end of year liao..if no mishap..

PVL,
so nice to haf ben off diapers!! you seriously potty trained him yah? how long did it take? or issit coz he's jus "ready"? we mentioned to tyler, but he doesn't seem to be interested. think we will let him be till 3 yrs old. finding difficult to fit him into XL diapers already.

garfield,
load the photos le...i saw tomato works...tot they were beautiful! but its too pricey for my budget. you seen the final product oredi? or they still editing? next week going for photoshoot with mum and sis, cos sis getting married. we are in need of full family shot..

some updates,
just brought tyra to PPC, she's suspected H1N1, cough, sorethroat, fever and headache. doc prescribed tamiflu for toddler, have to go KKH to buy tml. she looks fine, but is sulking after having to eat her porridge dinner, think because of her throat. whining that she's starting to haf flu!

now worried for tyler and myself. think 3 of us classified as vulnerable aka high risk group.

all do take care..virus is in the air!!

Fatbabe,Congratulations! No. 3 leh... I kowtow
happy.gif

Smurfy and Sunsweet, Congratulations on the arrival of your princesses
happy.gif
Enjoy your new bundles of joy and take good care of yourselves too!

Catz, I got the loot from drugstore
happy.gif
Thanks a lot!

Pekochan, I live in the west. A gathering would be great for mummies in the west
happy.gif

fat_babe,
Did you send Tyra for test to confirm if it is H1N1? Better to get confirmation as I heard the Tamiflu is a very strong medication.

Maybe u and family can look into "Sambucol". Sambucol, a standardized extract of black elderberry, has been found to fight the avian flu virus H5N1. Also which is currently marketed around the world as a natural supplement for fighting common flu. It enhance immune function. Read about it few days ago. I am planning to look out for it this weekend.

Wish Tyra speedy recovery. May everyone be free from harm and danger.

Potty trainning,
I was using Gina Ford's Potty Trainning for trainning Xinfaye when she was just 16 months old. Took only 2 weeks to train her. Very good book. Small and thin book.

Fatbabe..Congrats! U already 18mths..didnt tell us earlier..hehe.

Rgd Tyra: True wat Saphira said..I read couple of weeks ago that Tamiflu may not suitable for very young children..but there may be alternatives or less stronger doses..do consult a PD for the kids..and a gynae if u need it too.
Will pray for you and family. Take care okie.

I also read in newspaper yesterday, Tamiflu may not be effective too. Better to make sure if it is H1N1 before getting so panic. take care.

skinny babe, pls take care! esp take precaution since u preg???

Sap, I also bought that book but in the end never use! haha cos zz just suddenlt start to sit on potty.

so skinny babe, just give him time. he will suddenly willing to tell u 1. dun need to force lo. give him lots of assurance n encouragement.

Charis,
I'm also afraid this time will be C-sect for me, cos baby is still swimming in tummy at 32weeks, haven't turned yet!
But this gynae assured me that the recovery will not be that painful... he said that my previous gynae gave a very powerful and good painkiller, but it's not really proven for surgery cuts, more for arthritis type of pain... so hopefully it'll be alright.

fatbabe,
I read that Tamiflu may cause hallucinations etc in young kids, that's why not suitable... yeah, better test and confirm before administering Tamiflu.
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC090801-0000051/The-trouble-with-Tamiflu

Also you take care of yourself, since we preggers are at 4 times higher risk.

Huskie..Baby still has time to turn..will pray for u..
But don't be too disappointed if it doesnt happen again this time..sometimes nature allows these things to happen for a reason.

My fren's baby did not turn..and the gynae actually attempted to turn the baby..he massaged and prodded her tummy..she said quite painful ordeal..anyway baby still didnt turn..so csect..and when he did so, he discovered that the cord was actually below the baby, it was in the baby's way, so we could say the baby chose not to turn, somehow going by her "instinct"..cos the cord could have prolapse if she had a natural, n may still end up csect.

saphira, charis, huskie, garfield

thanks for concern! tyra's suspected, its also when she developed flu within short hours after fever. bestie fetch me down to KKh to buy tamiflu ( which reported to work best within first 48 hours of symptoms ), well i think weighing the chances, i prefer to give her a few dosages. anyway reccomended to take 5 days only, i gave her twice so far, after food. so far so good. she has no side effects maybe because i take note to give her after food. her flu no more after 1 day! cough no more, fever subside, only thing left is her headache and sorethroat, but think she's in OK condition. hope she can return school on tues..if not she'll be very bored as well!!..

huskie,
c-sect is fine la! as long as in the end, the baby comes out fine, whichever birth process is worth it yah! keke..i think its still early right? heard that babies turn at 34-36 weeks too..of coz maybe with gynae's help like charis mentioned..

catz,
your photos in the papers!! cool!!

Babe, my instinct has really been eerily zhun! Heartiest congrats! Do take care. Poor Tyra! Hope she gets well soon! You'd better take really good care of yourself during this pandemic!

Wah sharp eyes! I was reading that page from the top and screamed damn loudly when I saw the photo. Haha. Also a shock to see my age published for whole sg to see :p Garfield, it's on page b4 of Home in today's ST.

Charis,
Thanks for your prayers!
happy.gif

Actually Soph didn't turn cos her legs were stuck - this girl was in extended breech position, meaning her legs were straight up like a yogi/ballet dancer, not curled up like a ball like most babies, that's why she couldn't turn. This current gynae explained to me everything patiently - said that when she is extended like a rod and not like a ball, harder turn inside.

Charis, Fatbabe,
I just went for checkup yesterday at 32 weeks - baby has turned and knees are bent! Hee, I asked gynae if baby can turn back and he said highly unlikely.

And yeah, I am also open to C-sect again, but I was just hoping that if we can try natural, recovery will be faster and I can look after baby and Soph all by myself properly without help.
Gynae is quite relaxed about everything - told me I don't have to choose natural or C-sect now, since everything is going well i.e. baby has turned and fluid is good without blood pressure problems. He says I can last minute (when labour starts) choose to pop into Mt E or Mt A, quote his name, and then at that point in time, if cannot tahan labour pain, still choose to C-sect... so it's really reassuring to have such a nice gynae and preg experience without retrictions
happy.gif

fatbabe,
Good to know Tyra is recovering well!

Catz,
You're famous! OK, must go dig out yesterday's papers and read
happy.gif

huskie,

glad to hear that bb has turned! hehe...charis's prayers worked!!..i think its important to have a nice & reassuring gynae at least put you at ease. you planning to birth where? Mt E or Mt A? i think Mount A seems to be cheaper judging by the bills, its nearer to you as well right?

mummies,
by the way, i have changed gynae as well, because the old gynae i have, queue is too long and nurses are not to helpful. changed to a not so famous one. and probably giving birth at Mt A. only consideration is both gynaes keep psychoing me to ligate, that's the only thing i am not too comfortable with. because if i choose to deliver at Mt A again, they do not allow ligation because its a catholic hospital.

anyways,
happy long national day to all!!

hello mummies,
Had been sometime since i pop in. Busy moomooing every day.
This time round hope i can really express for 1 full year. Now after 1 month freezer is packed with frozen ebm. Tot me giving some away any idea where to give. Wasted to throw away right?

I'll not be bringing my gal to polyclinic this time as the gp at my block here as immunisation package too with 6-in-1 jab.

Re. Meet up at the west.
I stay at the west can meet up but i only bring the elder one along. Hee

fatbabe,
I'm hoping to give birth at Mt A actually, but if going for natural VBAC, then I prefer to be nearer to my gynae (his clinic is at Mt E) in case got any problem with my C-sect wound... so if natural, I'll probably go to Mt E.
I was a bit stressed over this and asked him if I could pre-book 2 hospitals and what happens if I booked Mt A and ended up at Mt E, and that's when he reassured me that actually I don't have to bother with all these pre-admin things - just go to either hospital and mention his name, they will let me in and call him immed
happy.gif

My plan:
if natural and contractions on weekday -> Mt E
if natural and contractions on weekend -> Mt A
if for some reason end up planned C-sect again -> Mt A

Yep, I also prefer Mt A cos they're cheaper and nurses really motherly, but no choice if I want to be near gynae cos of VBAC situation.

Which gynae are you going to now?
You prev also delivered at Mt A yeah?
Are you serious about ligation? Got other less drastic contraceptive methods like pills and patches and IUD etc... won't you consider them?

Sunsweet,
So glad you're having an abundant milk ss! I hope to have your situation too.
Your #1 not taking the ebm? Even if you mix into cereal?

Huskie,

For my #1 I mix EBM (fresh) with her FM.. keke so the EBM don't get wasted.

Re: Potty train
I remember some mummies here potty train your bb at very young age? how old? and how to do it for baby ger ?
happy.gif

Hey ladies..I jus got back from a short hol in Johor..hubby went for fishing competition..Instead of relax, he stressed..stand whole morning..and didnt catch anything..haha..we hang around and did some shopping..holidaying with a toddler much more tiring than before..and Im still having nausea..so feel so shagged. My next hol which wont be overseas..i think I want to leave Y with my inlaws!

Catz..Haha..saw yr pic in the newspaper!

Huskie..I'm so glad for u that yr baby has turned! Now its jus wait..and so a VBAC is very possible.

Fatbabe..U take care ok..and of lil' Tyra too.

Peko/sunsweet, I interested in the gathering too.

GOG, I just started sambucol for Sherwin too. He has running nose for mths liao.

Catz, what's the news???? I want to see…

Fat_babe, how'sTyra's flu? Ok liao?

Huskie, wow… you looking fwd to seeing bb soon?

Hi,

I Have A pair of KEANE Perfect Symmetry tour Concert Tickets!!!!

DATE : Thurs, AUG 13 2009
Time : 2000H
Venue: Fort Canning Park

Retail Price for 1 ticket :$95 / --$103.65 (Inc GST)

SELLING at $150 for both tickets. Price Neg. Interested pls sms 98414683 or e-mail [email protected]

anyone wants wants to buy the confinement bathing herbs?
I have 8 packets with 2 bags of herb in each packet.
Retail price for each pack is $3. I'll willing to let go for all at $20.
Pm me if you're interested.

hiya,
i started work today after 21 weeks of maternity leave
sad.gif
, difficult to start my engine.

Hubby left for perth yesterday, for 9 months(i hope). Quite sad, have to handle so much all by myself. But i tell myself to take each day as it comes. I'll be visiting him 2 weeks time for 1 weekend, then following week beinging Ryan there during the September school hols. October for the hari raya weekend. Then in Nov, will be going there for 5 weeks till last week of Dec, with my in-laws and kids. So doesn't seem so bad.

Good thing is got budget airline, so ticket is quite cheap. Though i get to buy cheap tickets from SQ, the cost is still higher than i fly by budget.

Charis,
Hope your nausea goes away soon - I think smurfy mentioned hers went away ard 17 weeks... mine too, ard 16weeks.

Yep, am very happy baby has turned
happy.gif
Now just hoping to keep baby inside longer than 40weeks so I can fatten it up a bit more :p

Sunsweet,
So envious of you - give ebm to #1 and still can have a freezer full of milk! You're very productive!

chocbabe,
Don't be too sad - 9 mths will pass very fast! Plus you'll be flying there quite often anyway.
Are you flying with Jetstar? They're quite comfy for a budget airlne
happy.gif

Received my 3 sets of books bought from The Book People of UK yesterday. Only managed to go thru this set of 10 Oxford Series last night. Very cute and beautiful books. Highly recommended. Total cost including the shipping cost is about S$45 per set, so average S$4.50 per book.

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10051_166639_100_59607__category_

Huskie, happy for you that ur baby has turned! What is the baby's weight now? Talk to him/her to stay there for a few more weeks.

Babe, wow, 18 weeks liao ur #3. Do u know whether a gal or boy? U want gal or boy this time? ;p Glad to know Tyra's condition is getting better. U must take good care of urself ya...

Catz, saw u from the paper last Sat and finally Beth and Timo's photos on a bus yday on my way to work. Ppl will envy u of having two cute kiddos at such a young age.
happy.gif

jelly, I just got some Usborne books for my kids too. THe thing is I always in the buying mood but seldom in showing mood. Sigh.....

chocbabe, don't be sad you still have your kids to accompany you right?

graceofgod,sunsweet,giggler
which part of west are you all staying? I'm at west coast area. Where shall we meet? Gather at one of our place?

catz, so cool man to have your kids pictures going round spore.

fat_babe, congrats to you! This is your #3? I plan to have 3 too. Hopefully I can still make it.

huskie, congrats to you too. This is #2.

jelly,
Not sure how heavy baby is - gynae said hard to gauge cos of baby's position last Fri, but I highly suspect he didn't wanna disappoint me
happy.gif

We saw from the measurements that its head and abdomen measurements are only that of a 30+wk baby, length ok at 31wk, but actually as of last Fri I was already 32wks.
So gynae was just being very sensitive to a pregger's feelings and worries... nice gynae!
happy.gif

Yes yes, I will talk to baby to tell it to stay in tummy longer... my friend's maid said she had baby in her for 11mths! Dunno real or not, but the kampong Indos got no such thing as inducing baby to come out, so it could be true.

Hey, the books look good! You spree-ed yourself via VPOST Europe?

peko,
Thanks
happy.gif
Yep, this is my #2.
Are you still working or a SAHM now?

morning mummies!!>.

thanks garfield!
for the article, went back to doc for followup for tyra, he only allow tyra to go back school next monday...sob..she missed the school excursion..

jello,
high chance is a boy, i wanted a girl of cos. tyra have many to inherit, and yes she v upset that its a didi..not meimei..but confirm gender next week again.

chocbabe!
wah 21 weeks of maternity leave..super envy le!! v long..dun think i can do so long. already i might be "sidestep" for a more important role now dat i told co. of my preg. think they will wan me to return work fast.

peko,
sure can haf #3 one...you still young what!! plan next year end??

SUNSWEET,
So envious of you too. hope your 1st child is enjoying your over supply of milk
happy.gif
Do u drink papaya fish soup everyday?

Xinfaye was off diapers at day time by 17months. Started trainning when she was 16 months plus as she was having all the sign or getting ready to be trained. I followed Gina Ford's Potty trainning book. Very easy and effective. By 2 years and 3 months she's already off diapers during her sleeping times.

By the way, when Xinfaye was below 1 year old, sometimes my mil would pee her in the basin. So, in the early stage of trainning she can pee very easily whenever we carry her to the basin and slowly transition her to potty and toilet bowl.

Catz,
Your children are so popular now
happy.gif
You have a very pretty daughter I must say.

Giggler,
Do let us know if Sambucol is effective. I thought of getting for myself too as I have colds quite often but now I can't take as I am preggy. Will get one for Xinfaye.

garfield,
Thank you for sharing the article.

chocbabe,
Wow! You are so fortunate to have 21 weeks off for maternity leave. In Malaysia, we are given only 8 weeks
sad.gif

Charis,
My nausea fades at 17th weeks onwards. 1st child was 16th weeks onwards. Hold on there. it's also a way that baby is telling you he is doing fine in your tummy
happy.gif

pekochan,
Pray u will get a 3rd child soon. Read that if u want to have a boy, ask your hubby to take bananas
happy.gif

Huskie,
Don't worry too much okay? Glad to hear baby already turned. Try taking small frequent meals. Always have some healthy snacks nearby. Eg: different types of nuts and seeds, dried fruits, fresh fruits. Heard that durian can help too
happy.gif
I think as long as u are eating healthly baby will sure to turn out fine. Afterall the measurents are not always accurate. My previous gynae never border telling me the measurement calculated by the computer. he said it is not accurate. He will use his hands to feel my tummy instead. My daughter came out just nice 3.12kg. He was asking me to control my food intake then as I was gainning weight very fast
happy.gif
how much weight have you gained so far?

I ate too much again
sad.gif
better not buy too mcuh next time. Once I start eating I will continue eating. Just took a cup of fresh blend mix fruit juice at 7:30am. now finished 1 nasi lemak and 3 kuih!

Saph
The official one is actually 16 weeks only in Singapore but becos i'm a school teacher and my principal allowed me to split my maternity leave such that i get an extra 5 weeks cos of school holidays... quite lucky cos not every principal is like that. My friend in another school had to take the maternity leave over the holidays as well. My P has 2 very young kids herself, so she's very understanding.

saphira, I think the sambucol is effective on Sherwin, he sneezes lesser now.

Catz, the L-rheturi is also effective on Sherwin leh, he poo more often and w/o cries.
happy.gif
Let me know when you buying hor.

Saph,
I've gained about 14kg so far - 8 more weeks to go! But the weight don't seem to be going to baby... dunno where it all went. Hopefully the extra weight will give me some good quality milk at least.

Eh, actually 1 nasi lemak and 3 kuihs are not much? Esp. since the earlier meal was just juice? Think I eat a lot more than you!

Gig,
Coincidentally, my hubby has been asking me for Sambucol too! The haze has been irritating his throat and lungs... he never used to ask or take Sambucol, but recently asked me for it. He must have felt some effect of Sambucol last time, but never really followed up on it.

Hihi! Jelly you have sharp eyes! Pix on FB in my mobile uploads folder
happy.gif

Gig, should be ordering next wk. Good hor? I dun anyhow recommend cos I test on my kids first. Heh. Let me have your orders over the weekend la.

Huskie, Sambucol is great! Will be loading hubby up for his deployment.

huskie,im still working. Don't put on so much weight,try to eat more healthy food. I put on 10kg for my last preggy, cos I've got to follow the dietician diet as I had GD. I manage to maintain my weight at 7 months till delivery while my baby weight still increase every month.For my 1st preggy I put on 20kg and my girl birth weight was 3.74kg, I guess when baby too big also no good cos I had a hard time pushing out.

fat_babe, I'm not that young anyway, 34 already.

saphira, I don't want to have #3 so soon..haha. I'm still a nun and my hb still a monk!(You know what I mean?)

For gathering can we have it say 20/9 or 21/9? Any suggestions?

Catz,
I also saw the pics in your FB, plus I saw them on a bus along AMK too
happy.gif
Lovely pics, gorgeous kids!

peko,
34 is not that old - I am 35 going 36 this year and still pregger with #2 only!
happy.gif

Wow, I really don't know how you girls maintain the weight while baby puts on weight... wish I can do it. But this preg, I am feeling constantly hungry, esp when I have to run after Soph all the time.
Your 2nd preggy - you put on 10kg... how heavy was baby?

Saphira..Looks like the nausea is fading off for me..I only get when I'm very hungry.

I find I dont eat as much compared to 1st pregnancy cos nausea is worse and busy doing housework n taking care of Y
My weight gain very slow..though my clothes are starting to get tighter.

Huskie..14kg not bad leh..if u eating healthily then good la..Im sure the nutrients will go to baby and milk quality.

Peko..Do go for no.3! We need more babies in S'pore..hehe.

Giggler,
Thanks for the feedback.

Huskie,
14kg is not bad. The measurement by the computer could be wrong. Don't worry too much ya? Do take healthy food and avoid high carbo and fried food especially fast food. I have not been taking fast food or soft drinks since I was pregnant with Xinfaye. Also, 30 minutes walk a day may help.

I have 14 weeks to go and I think I've already gained 9kg. nasi lemak with 3 kuihs is actually too filling for me but cannot control. I am really enjoying food :p

Today, I ate 1 bowl++ of oatmeal (8am). Later at 10am ate meehoon and a small bar of chocolate (was craving for one). At lunch time i was still full but thinking I will be hungry later so makan some more. Feels so uncomfy after that.

Peko,
I am also 34 this year
happy.gif
Good to know that few of us are about the same age.

Charis,
Good to hear
happy.gif

huskie, my boy was 3kg at birth. You married late? I married at 29 then give birth at 32 for #1 and my #2 at 33.

charis, you have 3?

saphira, O yes few of us the same age group.

Peko..3? Ah..since when?! Well not yet at least..haha. Jus encouraging u..hehe.
I'm expecting no.2 now..still months to go..

Teehee.. make Charis panic
happy.gif

Thanks, ladies.. it's been a memorable NDP.

fatbabe, so decided on a name yet? I know lah, sayang sayang.. girls more fun hor?

Weather is so horrible, no aircon sure die.

Back