(2007/02) February

catz..can understand ur fustration..
that's the ting wif mil..they jolly well know they sick yet so selfish still wanna be close to our kids n even kiss them.. they just dun care if the kids might get sick as it's none of their business.. in the end it is us being the parent to go into the trouble of bringing to doc n feed medicine..
then when anyting happen, they create a big hoo haa like as if we the parent nv take care..haiz...

rachel, yah lor.. I'm VERY upset right now. I mean, how can they say that they care for their grandkids? So darn selfish lor. My parents will be sad that they cannot see the kids (if my parents are ill) but they know that no choice, separation is for the kids' sake!!! I told my husband that christmas dinner is sooooooo out of the question right now. My total bill for these past few days is already over $250.. if Beth gets conjunctivitis, it will soar past $300. I'm soooooo upset right now
sad.gif

smurfy, shivering when urinating is normal lei.. does QY hv fever? If no fever, unlikely it's UTI, more like a nappy rash. Put some Desitin Creamy on the penis tip, should be better.

Going to go nap now.. so tired after rushing around this morning to pd and then grocery shopping.

Hi mummies,
I'd better sign up... hehehehe

GATHERING

venue: anchorage function room (opposite IKEA alexandra)
time: TBA..should be noon (est 1-5pm)
food: will split cost between mummies for buffet

thursdae 20th dec PUBLIC HOLIDAY
1)Rachel + josh
2)fat_babe + tyty
3) stella + cherish (hb TBA)
4) jelly + Yunxi
5)smurfy + QY (HB TBA)
6)pekochan + Yunzhi (hb TBA)
7) milkshake + YR + HB (TBA)
8) garfield07 + zz (HB TBA)
9) chocbabe + Ryan + HB
10) longan + Shaun + HB
11) Sunsweet + Smiley J (HB TBA)
12) nana + hb + ryan (TBA)
13) huskie + hb + Soph (TBA)
14) pumpkinni + hb + chloe
15) cherryale +hb +Ashton
16) graceofgod +hb + Julian (TBC)
17) Priviledged + Sarah + Ben (Hb TBC)

Grace,
So sorry to hear about Julian's hole not closing. Don't worry too much. Just keep praying. The Lord will keep your Julian. When are you scheduling the surgery?

Welcome to the thread pumpkinni & baby Chloe.
If I need to go out during Ben's mealtimes, I just pack his porridge into a flask and off we go.

Catz,
Great that Beth has been pooping well and eating well too! She won't be so light anymore, I'm sure.
Oh dear. You poor gal! Tim's eye sounds horrid! Why is your MIL like that? Next time, if any of the IL's are sick, I suggest that you make some excuses and leave IMMEDIATELY!!! And Beth has fever too! Hope they get better soon. It's no fun at all taking care of sick and fussy kids. Do you have someone to help you?

huskie,
Hey, you're so mean! Just cos Sophie bites you, you make her go hungry??

Jazzcy,
Oh no. You all sick? Hope everyone is better today. I'm sure Timothy will regain his appetite in no time at all. Take care of yourself. Don't worry about his weight. Check the chart. As long as he's not fallen completely off it, he's fine.

smurfy,
Ben also quivers when he wants to urinate. That's normal. He also shakes his head when he wants to poo. Smelly urine might be caused by something he ate. Red tip.... dunno leh.

Hey ladies..

Pls include me in!

GATHERING

venue: anchorage function room (opposite IKEA alexandra)
time: TBA..should be noon (est 1-5pm)
food: will split cost between mummies for buffet

thursdae 20th dec PUBLIC HOLIDAY
1)Rachel + josh
2)fat_babe + tyty
3) stella + cherish (hb TBA)
4) jelly + Yunxi
5)smurfy + QY (HB TBA)
6)pekochan + Yunzhi (hb TBA)
7) milkshake + YR + HB (TBA)
8) garfield07 + zz (HB TBA)
9) chocbabe + Ryan + HB
10) longan + Shaun + HB
11) Sunsweet + Smiley J (HB TBA)
12) nana + hb + ryan (TBA)
13) huskie + hb + Soph (TBA)
14) pumpkinni + hb + chloe
15) cherryale +hb +Ashton
16) graceofgod +hb + Julian (TBC)
17) Priviledged + Sarah + Ben (Hb TBC)
18) Charis + Yael + hb (coming late-after 2pm)

Last week has been busy..we brought Yael for his 1st swim in the pool..but wrong dy to bring him thur public hol-so the pool was crowded..n his 1st contact with water wasnt so terific...he was quite apprehensive n scared..we decided to bring him to the bigger children's pool where they were no water sprays/jets..so it was quieter then he started warming up..
We were so enthusiastic that we brought him again the next day..BUT the weather wasnt so sunny...n there werent heaters in the shower area..so I had to rinse him with cold water..so today he came down with a runny nose!
Looks like have to keep him away from the pool until his nose clears up.

WE had huge quarrel with my MIL last week..this time I just had to speak up..cos she was way too demanding about money(despite knowing my hb n I are quite tight, plus now she's working she should hav more for herself, no need to ask so much from us) and also require we do all housework for her..n she also spoke some harsh n hurtful words to my hb.
Thought that our relationship will go down after this..but I decided to seek counsel rgd this matter from a pastor in church.
I concluded that no point being distant to her..but must try to reconcile..
I just hav to try to meet my MIL's demands now..when we move out I believe our relp can improve..hopefully she'll let us live our own lives n be happy with the money my hb can afford to give her.

GraceofGod, we will keep yr son in prayer..take care.

Catz..Poor Beth n Timo..they seem to pass germ/virus to each other..looks like that's the case when hav siblings..take care ok.

The weather is getting quite gloomy..hot then rainy..chilly too..do dress yr kids in layers..so is cold put on a jacket..then if hot then take off..
I find leg/arm huggers quite useful..when I was walking to J8 it was quite sunny..so wore for Yael a bodysuit..then in the mall it was quite cold..so jus put on the leg warmers.

WE are still waiting for our house keys!!!
SO sian..

PVL,
OOps... you mean I shouldn't have done that?
embarrassed.gif

I didn't really make her go totally hungry I think cos she was near the end of her feed... I know cos my breasts are totally watery liao... so when she bit me, I unlatched and scolded her lor... actually, when I put her in the cot, she didn't even cry... probably doesn't care for any more milk?

Charis,
Oh dear... better keep Yael warm... weather is turning cold now, and lots of kids are coming down with colds and flu.
It's been a month already yeah? Your housekeys still not here?

Hello everyone!
Thks for the replies. Think I will try her on jar food and hopefully she is receptive to them, then my life will be easier when I bring her out jalan-jalan.

Chocbabe & GOG,
Thks for the tip on the crystal jade plain porridge and the fantastic idea to enhance it with ikan bilis powder, yummy and nutritious. Another item on my grocery list.

I m not too keen to bring porridge in thermal flask out as I find that is it very ley-chey to lug it around and worst still is if she refuses to eat the porridge. I will be very angry coz of all the effort to lug it along with us together with the rest of the barang barang. So to make things easier for us I normally zip her back home or to my parents place for makan after we are done with our errands or her play class. So our outing is now currently mostly 3 hours long. The longest I have with her out is 5 hours and she simply refused to drink FM even then will only drink water. She is now on a FM milk strike so she does not wana drink FM at all (not form the bottle, spoon or cup). Tried to feed her FM yesterday again, and she reacted like I am feeding her poison!! Not sure if I should let her try goats milk

Have tried to give her all the baby biscuits like gerber star and all, but she is just not interested in them, just use her fingers to pay with them and turn away when we try to place some near her mouth to entice her to try. How come she does not like to snack like other babies?!? Now her unwanted snacks have become our snacks. We eat all her leftovers. Chloe eats very little. Wish she have a more hearty appetite *sigh*

Cherryale,
I am running a distribution biz, own biz, so timing more flexi and can work from home. Hey, we went to Robinsons over the weekend too (so packed with parents, babies and strollers) and got her a maxi cosi car seat for 9 months 3.5 years. Her current seat is getting a bit squeezy for her.

Gak,
Chloe also bit me a couple of times (think she was teething then) and I would yell OOUUUUUCH!!!!!!! and she will get the message and stop bitting. Maybe she was stunned by mehehee

GOG,
You have to be strong for julian. Am sure he will be OK.

Smurfy,
Hope your boy does not kana UTI, coz my gal did and it was a horrible experience. If he shivers when he pees, it is ok. But if his urine smells foul or abnormal, then better to bring him for a urine test.

ya i agree it getting colder so i dun think i will bring zz for swim liao... wait for beginning of yr lo...

any bb here everytime poo in potty then will stand up n inspect his poo? hehe zz does these n making me laugh! sorrie la... i laugh silently.

ytd brought josh for his swim.. he took his first dive..head down.. coz he was sitting in his float and keep leaning over to his side and play with water..suddenly the float tipped and he fell to his side face down into the water..
my heart skipped a beat! haha..daddy quickly pull him up and he keep coughing out the water and was abit shocked..after a couple of mins he was fine again!
haha... i'm glad that he nv even cry and handle it well..wat an adventure for him.. dunno how to swim yet can dive already! =p

my gal has been down with flu for a few days. yesterday my dad managed to suck out a long train of tick mucus from her tiny nostril...yucks...

hope she recovers before i catch the bug from her...

got a technical QUESTION here:
must we enter our Username and Password every time we log a new post?!?

Hi to the 2 mummies to the thread..

happy.gif
GOG take good care of yourself in order to take good care of Julian... Reading that many ppl had grown up big and strong with similar condition.. i believe you boy will grow up and be like them as well ...

Pumpkinni, for your tech question.. i don't think we got to enter that everytime u login a post unless u disable your cookie (i guess)

As for the Makan question.. I lug with me Smile J's thermos of food cos i still prefer homecook for my gal. of cos sometimes will sneak some adult food for her like grains of rice, bits of bread, pieces of fish, or some plain potato/ carrot bits while we have dinner with her outside.. :p

hi pumpkin,

yes u need to log in. but if u stay in the same page while posting, the login details are saved. unless u close and reopen the page.

pvl,
ya lor. he will poo and then after a while stand up and look at his poo, then he might think n then sit back and poo again!!! he sometimes can be v comic.

rachel, wow he can dive? hehe it means he not afraid of water... me yet to bring him to swim
sad.gif

scare the weather these days and he having cough too.

gers..
thanks for the feedback.. tested the urine sample.. no UTI.. luckily.. but still got infection on the penis tip.. yah the quivering is normal.. but not the red penis tip..

going to rest oso... super tired.. in the clinc since 1045 to 245pm..
sad.gif

Gals..

Fox Factory Outlet Sale - Fox Kids, Fox Baby, Fox

13 to 28 November 2007
12 - 5pm
$2 per piece (with min pur of 5 pcs)

Wing Tai Industrial Centre
105 Tampines Road
Singapore 535129

ytd brought josh for his swim.. he took his first dive..head down.. coz he was sitting in his float and keep leaning over to his side and play with water..suddenly the float tipped and he fell to his side face down into the water..
my heart skipped a beat! haha..daddy quickly pull him up and he keep coughing out the water and was abit shocked..after a couple of mins he was fine again!
haha... i'm glad that he nv even cry and handle it well..wat an adventure for him.. dunno how to swim yet can dive already! =p

waakakakak SUNSWEET!!!

wat a GREAT INFO TO SHARE!!but jialat le...working how to go??sob

rachel,

piang eh..poor lil buddy!! hope he wun remember this incident man..kakaak

A lot of posts.. cannot catch up.. but.. a short one..

GOG
i'm sorry to hear what juliam and u have to go through.. hope the surgery is a success and he can lead a normal healthy life after that. u gotta stay strong.

Catz
poor beth....
sad.gif
. u must be real busy n tired with the whole family sick so often.

ohhh i update the Malaysia trip in the blog.
http://lilsmurfy.blogspot.com/

smurfy,

Read Qy's blog and QY indeed did u proud by behaving so well and so smiley! Ya... My family and hubby's family are always curious what i fed YX too! But like u, I am proud to show my chubby and healthy baby to them.
happy.gif

smurfy,

just seen yr updated blog... wow QY is v well behaved. keep it up!

abt the diff reaction bet daddy and mummy, I fully agree too... for me like in the morn last time I make milk for him while his daddy accompany him. he will sit v quietly or at most make ga-ga sound beside my hb on the bed waiting patiently for me.

these days the daddy make milk for him, he didn't wan to sit patiently with me, he will scream and keep wanting to stand *faint...

jas,garfield
thanks for the comments..
happy.gif

jas
ehh malaysian folks' babies eat simple fish porridge day in n out arr?, with nothing else arr? :p i tell u hor, all eyes were on me and QY during mealtimes, but luckily the lil boy finished everything n fusses little.. and hor, the maid told me they kept on opening the steamer during the preparation process, curious abt what's cooking (i was angry to hear this as i am afraid of nutrients loss during evaporation each time the steamer is opened).. whahah i think i entered a mountain village :x one of the villagers brought a baby oso, ard 15-18mths, and the poor baby kept on looking at QY eat, coz she is onli given milk during the 2 days, as the mummy wanna make her own life easier -_-'..

Smurfy,

poor mountain baby.. :p only milk for 2 days?? 15- 18 mths can eat more variety of solid food liao mah.. just minimal salt and sugar.. why the mama so like that??

smurfy

i believe old folks prefer to feed porriadge becos of its convienence..even in sgp, lots of people are doing it, including my mum and i am fine with it. cos being the sole caregiver, i can understand cooking porriadge for both lunch and dinner is most time saving.

and puree is really something new to them and dun be surprised..lots of young mummies also not in favour to that,i guess it is sort of culture difference rather than "mountain" issue

having said that.. in the eyes of some elders or other cultures .. we are over protective of our babies. In contrary, we might feel that they are not giving the best to their children..so it can be quite subjective yah

on the whole, we are blessed that our children can enjoy "good life" in spore due to stability

Stella,

I think puree of food had been avocated by our health board (aka Polyclinic) more than 20 years ago.
Cos my younger had puree veg with fish for his solid when he was a baby.. he's 20+ yrs old liao..
happy.gif

Dun think puree is such a new thing.. but maybe the types of food we intro to our baby is new them.. eg cheese, pasta, kiwi... cos 20-30 yrs ago these are not common diet of our parents mah..
happy.gif

sunsweet

wow i dont know puree food was "in" more than 20 yrs ago. But it seems that the elders are not in favour of mass puree and store in fridge

luckily my family is ok with me feeding cherish all kinds of food, even though the "base" food is porriage. My grandma like to mix bovril or marmite into our porriage.

ehhh me not trying to start a debate.. but it is just me and the inlaws lar..
cannot stand their thinkings.. :ppP
therefore it is just me trying to be cheeky and making a big fuss out of it :ppPp
(just that some wrong choice of words earlier :x)

smurfy

no lah..where got debate.. nothing wrong with ur choice of words. just trying to say individual way of taking care of bb is different. I am chin chye aka lazy mum type.

oh ya..just saw ur blog. glad to know that QY is behaving well. He passed his stranger anxiety phrase. Cherish arh...jialat loh..

becoming a big cry baby..alittle bit cry and want me to hug her like a koala bear. I cant breathe(literallY) cos she is always hugging tightly to my neck.

since we are at inlaws topic..i also want to vent alittle:

last sunday as usual kena shoot from my MIL. started off by asking my hb "why her daughter like to cry so much, unlike u (my hb) when u are young. Must be inherit from the mother(me) "

hb then rebutted :"becos cherish is more clever than me, know how to differientate people.

MIL (with a unhappy face) : " anyhow say. Now cherish still small, how to know she is clever"

Saga ends temporary. But me unhappy over her words "ur daughter". I mean "my daughter" also her granddaughter wat.

Few minutes later ...

MIL :" the baby next door only 11 mths, see me also dun have stranger anxiety. Why cherish see me always cry. The next door bb very strong, must have eat lots of good food. cherish dun look strong."

Me fuming mad in my heart thinking my mil very simple minded. Becos she sees the bb everyday , of cos that bb not scared of her. Feel like telling her cherish also not scared of my neighbour.

And i am thinking is she implying that i scrimp on my baby food.

HB gets angry :" tell u dun compare. every child is different. how many times must i tell u."

Wow i am glad that my hb help me voice out

stella
yah yah, it's impt that the hbs r on our side when it comes to these things.... u r very nice n patient.. if it's me, i would either act blur or snap back at her oredi :p.. the other day, mine ask when am i going to switch to FM, i snap back say QY sooo healthy drinking EBM, why switch?

ya lor true...

stella, i have almost same issues on tat...

my mil also always compare a abt 11 mth old bb neighbour always smile at her but y my boy like blur blur 1.... i mean she doesn't see him v often so of cos zz got confused look when she try to play w him. then after few times meet, then zz warm up and smile at her gently not like for us parents when he seems to jump for joy lo.

then she keep comparing him with her elder son archievements... keep sayin why his tooth so slow... although she say it in a funny and luaghing way, i mean keep repeating each time I also v sian...

but hb always side w me though lo... he also tell her dun compare.

smurfy

i act blur all the way... just keep quiet. i try to ren as much as i can. my colleagues was joking maybe one day i cant ren..dunno wat will happen if i flare at one go.

For me, so long as my hb reasons out with her, then i am fine. Just that sometimes her words hurt and i vent in forum ..heehee
ur inlaw in sgp or msia? if msia , then not so bad . at least lesser contact, lesser conflicts

garfield

haha..such a conicidence.. zz same fate as cherish. I already told hb that next time when cherish understand wat we adults are saying, better tell mil not to say negative things in front of her. scared she become resistance to go mil hse

stella,

ya she is v proud of her elder son... always say he is more cleverer than my hb. it might be true but again zz not her elder son's so y compare w her elder son?

my hb tell me not to be too bothered by her remarks lo. was telling me at least we have a happy family. my bil not married n seem like playboy.

Stella, your hb is so nice. It is impt to have support from hb.

Garfield, i also get some pressure from inlaws, not that they compare us with hb's bro and sis-in-law directly but its indirect. My bil and sil are both doing v well in their career, esp sil, maybe give her another 15yrs can become very snr mgmt type. My hb not so good now cos he dislikes his job but he is definitely more talented and balanced than my bil. Luckily, I am ok in my career, so can u imagine if I become SAHM, things will be v different.

anywya, my mil is v weird. She mentioend the other day that A will be so poor thing if we have a second baby as mummy will not have time to teach him and he will be last in class?? I retorted and said does it mean that everyone in Singapore with 2 or more kids will have children who are last in class? Then where to find so many last places?? Furthermore, my hb has always topped his class and grade when studying though he was v playful, how can my baby be last in class even if he gets half the genes?? Me also not too bad wat, at least top 10% in uni. sometimes inlaws make unwarranted remarks lah..

smurfy,
I like the pic of your little smurfy looking so contented in his car seat. I've got a similar car seat, so now looking at this pic, I know how big QY is... filling up the seat already!
happy.gif

stella, garfield, cherry,
Don't take to heart all these silly remarks and comparisons... there'll be more to come in the years, so we'll just have to vent it here and let go!
At least yours are in-law problems... mine is my own dad leh, how to tell him?
Today went to my mum's place, then he kept playing jealousy game with Soph and my nephew. Kept telling my nephew he's going to carry Soph, but just taunting my nephew and not even carrying Soph at all! Poor Soph just looked at him in a very puzzled way, must be wondering how come grandpa says wanna carry her but did not, then in the end when my nephew threw a tantrum cos jealous, then the grandpa carried my nephew... bad right?
But how to tell my dad? *sigh*

cherryale

wow wat more does ur in law expect? u and ur hb already doing very well in career. both management level still not good enuff ? and wat an absurb reason for saying cannot have no2.

huskie

ur dad also... sometimes elders do things without realising that they indirectly affect the children self esteem and feeling

Morning all!!!

Stella, YX also very jialat now, holding me like koala bear too!!! Must hold her close close to me one. Hei... If she did not see me she is fine. But whenever she sees me, she will cry for me to carry her! Worse is she does not like male to carry, like my housemate, my father and my brothers. Luckily she still wants her daddy, but will ask for me if she sees me. Haiz... Wonder how long this stranger anxiety will last.

smurfy, the traditional food for baby for most family (think not only in msia but also in sg) is porridge with meat/fish/vege added. Actually i am quite alrite wif it, just that i have no time to prepare porridge for YX myself, but I want to be involved wif her food preparation, and this puree and freezing of food suits me well whilst providing good nutrients to YX, that's why I choose this path.

Cherry, ur mil 's remark is truely weird!!! Just becos she sees u busy wif ur work does not mean u do not take care of A rite? And weirdest is her remark A will be last in the class! OMG!!!

Last weekend went to my pil's house. YX was sitting between me and my mil. Mil wanted to carry her, but she turned to me immediately. I felt really bad as my mil is really nice person and adore my hubby, and now her granddaughter dun want her to carry. She must feel a bit sad, but she didn't make any bad remark. Then my fil called YX but she did not smile at him. Then he said so long YX didn't see him so forget him liao ha? Then my hubby rebut him saying he never want to carry her of cos she wldn't recognise him. But true loh, my fil only carry YX at most once and his excuse is YX too small and he does not know how to carry small bb. Please lah, even my 10 year old nephew know how to carry YX, he does not know how to carry wat's more my fil has 5 children! Think he just lazy to carry her.

Oh, tomorrow and friday i will be on leave, as my aunt gg for a cruise and hubby in china now so nobody can take care of YX except myself. Will be driving back to Johor my parents' house myself, wif YX (pray for me) and gg to get my car repair...

jelly

same!!! i noticed cherish behaves more "yang-oh" when i am ard. for eg: if she accidentally knocks herself, she will pause and look ard for me. if i make eye contact with her, she will start her cry.

now her trend is refuse to sit in stroller when going out. at one pt of time, she also refuse any male to carry her, including my hb. now must coax her into my hb arms

me v fed up today...

zz again vomited after his milk feed when he cough. I suddenly rem he started coughing when I totally stop BF
sad.gif

then I told maid to further dilute his FM to see how cos dunno is the FM making his cough? is there any chance? the maid retort back say the milk already dilute and then feed only 3 times in a day sometimes, little compared to last time.

then keep arguing with me. tell me dun feed zz while he is lying down. I told her I already make him sit on my bed and drink. then she say "die liao yr bed had to change liao i just change n now dirty" so angry w her. will I purposely make my own son to vomit???

tell her to do something, always deny and refuse. so fed up.... sorrie in the morn, complain already. then say if she feed, she never see zz vomit... last time also she say zz never cough but I keep hearing it!

jelly,

my mil till now have not even carry zz (i think got 1 small time - less than 5 min)... she also have many excuses but I think she better not to cos she not really know too. last time she keep saying her body is v hot so cannot carry. then last time when my bb only abt 2 mth, she tell my boy hehehe to sleep on the bed guai guai, why let ple carry the body hot too... but zz still cry :p

garfield

if i were u i also angry.. u employ her to help u with hsework.. she dare to complain so much.

is it becos the FM is not suitable for zz? sometimes when the FM is too sweet or too heaty for bb, it can cause phelgm. My grandma told me that. Or do u feed him with biscuits ? i noticed some rusk and the ball biscuits cause lots of phelgm

cherry,

dun worry. A will be clever lar... our babies nowadays r cleverer than we all last time u knoe.

huskie,
my sis also play this game with her son n my son lor which I also dun like. why make her boi jealous... i wouldn't do it to my zz.

stella,

he doesn't really eat biscuits, only once in a while cos need to train him to chew.

I now suspecting his FM but i hope it just the thickness so I got to dilute further n see. I bought many liao die liao ah. cos I think no more BF so buy more n store mah... last time he seem no prob but he not drinking it often tat time.

garfield

yah got to trial and error on FM thickness

cherish FM is specially adjusted to her needs : 4 scoop of friso gold 2 , 1 scoop of friso comfort(to ease constipation) , mix with 6 ounce of water. The tin instructions say 1scoop to 1ounce of water, but i find it too thick for her

garfield,

thanks so much..ekkeke...yah lor..the thread got remove..then i kena warning...aiyah..but i didn't know ma...eh which link show me le?? kekeke...heng the bag sold liao..!!! but i not importer ma..juz happen to haf extra so sell lor...hee

thxs stella...

fat babe,

wow luckily only warning... I wanted to tell u but i scare u not around... cos I just seen it when it get posted n quickly ask u if u around.
let me find the thread...

Back