(2007/02) February

catz, I find some of the schedule a bit too much too. Really treating the maid as maid kind of thing. Huskie, share with me too okie?

huskie, u may want to let maid eat after u are done so that u can have a peaceful dinner. She can take care of the little ones while u are eating.

cherry,
Yeah, the maid will eat after us, but not the overly late kind that some pple do, like having to wash up the whole kitchen before maid can eat that kind.
Sure, I'll pass a copy to you too.
I really need to fine-tune some things cos I realise she can't do so much cleaning in the morning due to food preparation and the occcasionl trip to market, so will adjust after today.

Re. flu jab: my PD says there are different kinds of flu in a year... mainly 2 kind... southern and northern type. So being vaccinated one does not mean you'll be immune to the other cos it's different stain. In the end, I didn't bother to vaccine Soph cos may have to take more than 1 vaccine. Maybe you can check with your PD?

huskie/cherry
hey, how u do u all make the maids eat after u all ar? err let her scoop her fair share of items first (u or they scoop), or eat ur leftovers..

in the past my maid uses to eat with us.. now i wanna change!!!! dun like her eating the good items... and hates the idea she licks her rice off her spoon then get next items?

cherry/sunsweet.
the jab is some overdue jabs lar.. :p... long past the schedule.... not flu jab :p

i think i am going crazy oredi..

for first month celebration...

A
2303730.jpg

OR
B
2303731.jpg

smurfy, my maid also eat after us if at home. once she cook finish, me n hb will eat while she attends to my kids.

sometimes i will ask her to take out her food b4 serving us so tat we dun waste food by leavin her too much. but sometimes my hb can eat eat n eat until almost finish. then i tell him maid haven't eat... then sometimes it pork n he wanted to leave... *faint... men...

smurfy!!!! u xiao ah... now already think 1st mth... soemmore these dresses will look nicer when yr gal is at least 6 mth! n more worth it... full mth babies grow quickly... hehe... this look gymboree... sales again?

garfield/cherry/catz
what sizes is most worth it for gymboree ar? :p

dunno some itchy fingers telling me gymboree got sales..me looking at them now..

smurfy,
The dresses are gorgeous!
Hee, both are just as nice, so you might as well hold 2 celebrations for 2 groups, and have baby wear both!

Eh, I also don't really know how to make maid eat after us. Today lunch made a boo-boo.
I taught her how to cook yong tau foo with noodles, then ask her to scoop out for me and hubby and leave some for herself.
She scooped out, but the yong tau foo liao looks so little for me and hubby, and I also dunno how to take more cos she already scooped and served us... a bit paiseh. So I wondered if she was going to eat up all the rest for herself.
When it was her turn to eat, she didn't even scoop out all the rest of the food, but hubby and I already finished our portions, so in the end, just tell her to finish all and dun waste. And told her next time scoop out and leave enough for herself... we don't like to waste food.

End up this pregger so hungry by 2pm, had to gobble up a muffin and a Milo!

Think for dinner, I will take garfield's suggestion to ask her to scoop out her portion of rice and veges, then we can eat in peace.

haa haa.. smurfy.. u so cute..

but i know last week some of the jul monthers discussing abt full month celebration liao.. *faint*

huskie
yah lar, filiphinos are smart ppl, dun need too many reminders... but my friend cautioned me oso that we need a good worker to listen to instructions and not smart aleck..

i oso eat nonstop.. last wk 1 buffet.. this wk another buffet.. :p my tummy is sooooooooo big now..

smurfy,
Which month are you now? 5th-6th right?
At this stage, tummy supposed to be big mah.
Mine is getting bigger by the day too
happy.gif

Huskie,

JTS previously for my mum's maid,

My mum will scoope up food enough for the maid in a plate and we'll all eat in peace..

sometimes we know maid dun eat certain food so just leave it out for her..

when we eat out.. its also the same.. will seperate dish out for her..

not so nice we eat until so messy then she eats from there..

However i do see sometimes some employers will order seperate food like fried rice for the maid

many of the maids are used to 1 or 2 dishes then lots of rice/ carbo.. keke..

You can ask your maid how's her diet pattern..

My mum's one is good in walloping Milo and bread..

sunsweet
i went kushinbo last week with some punggol mummies... err the usual japanese buffet.. lots of varieties though ($20.40 if u eat within 1 hr)

then today i went to this zhou's kitchen at JP... oso one hr buffet... chinese style.. not alot of variety but surprisingly, some of the quality of foods quite nice.. maybe coz they under tung lok grp..

huskie
me 5th month onli.. still a long long way to go. imagine QY's time.. tummy still very compact now.. can go thr customary wedding whahhaha

smurfy, tat time i bought all 6 mths onwards. it also a time where u show off yr gal mah ;p when she goes out more often and can sit upright.

but my gal small size so i bought 1 below 6 mth n she still wearing now... haha

re: maid and food. my maid eat little n picky. so if she say she doesn't wan fish. we normally eat it cos she will throw away 1. if not v wasted the food. tat y i normally ask her to leave food for herself. cos she know best how much she can eat. if yr maid is a BIG eater, then advise u to do the separation yrself ... keke

anyone been macau b4?

other than gambling anything nice there?? haha

tot of going for a short trip b4 i'm too big to travel.

gd day to all

erm, regarding maid eating b4 or after... we all eat 2gether... usually maid & I eat 2gether, + A, then hb will go & bathe. When we r done, hb out then we will jagar A. Either tat or I will slowly eat, she will finish hers & she will tend A.

We dun hv the habit to make her eat after us leh....

There were a few times when we asked her to eat first, instead of waiting for us to come back. Bt she chose to wait for us...

Then when we take the dishes, we just use a common spoon to scoop the dishes, while we still hv our own spoon. Try not to hv our saliva frm our spoon transmit to the dishes.

RE dresses. I bought a 3~6mths dress for my niece bt my sis said now still too big for her, though she's 4+mths already.

Mummies

I've bn seeing this bag a few times, but nv get to peep wats the brand.

Hv u all seen this b4?

I've seen 2 cols - is is black/ silver/ white, while the other one is Red/ pink/ bb pink or white. The 2nd one is nicer....

Nw tat I finally tot of asking the lady the nx time, I dun c her anymore....

if u all know the brand, pls let me know... I wanna find out the price. If reasonable I can still consider. If too exp, I can throw the idea aside already.

2304480.jpg

smurfy,
I also feel like eating buffets, but so nauseous, don't think can eat so much at one go.
I've only been to one Korean buffet during this pregnancy, and didn't eat much.
Even the waitress made fun of me by saying it's not worth it for me.

Sunsweet,
Thanks for the maid tips. But I still don't dare to do the scooping out myself in case I scoop out too small a portion for her!
And it's really still a bit early to tell her preference... can only observe after 2 days that she prefers meat to veges. When I asked her about it, she also confirmed shyly
happy.gif

garfield,
I tried your method today - asked maid to scoop out her own portion first, then realised she doesn't eat that much. But she prefers meat to vegetables.
This is a better strategy cos then i don't have to worry about her having too little to eat.

smurfy, uh-oh, think you gonna be even more shopaholic than me when it comes to your girl. Teehee.. Gymboree sizes run a fair bit bigger than Old Navy.. so their 6 months is super huge.. get 1-2 nice 0-3 months and 3-6 months... 6-12months last quite a bit longer so can get more. Then 24mo onwards you can go nuts
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

huskie, so how's day 2 of loss of privacy? Yah good idea to scoop out for her in advance.. so is Soph taking to her?

talk about buffet, me very gian but my whole family doesn't like buffets, I'm the only pig so no chance. long time gian to go Carousel and The Line but still no chance. Chey. But tomorrow going to Senso @Flyer for their $12 lunch which my parents liked a lot.

Sunsweet, my friend just went to Venetian at Macau, not much for kids except for TheQube.. can check out at dylanraeann.blogspot.com

Catz,
I feel like a prisoner in my own flat!
Guess I'm just not used to the loss of privacy, plus training is very tiring, even with hubby home to help.
Soph doesn't like her leh. Only calls her auntie, btu generally keeps out of her way and does not want to be carried by her at all.
Actually me and hub kept telling maid not to carry Soph, but she likes to "look after" Soph... maybe she misses her own 1.5yr old dd.

When is yoru maid coming in?

huskie, aww.. sayang.. can imagine 'cos I think we're the same! Mine's coming 2nd May.. at least she's trained up by her current employer who's a real stickler for cleanliness/neatness and I'm quite chin chye so hopefully it's OK :p Hubby says to make sure to let her know that she is not supposed to be minding the children unless I say so.. her main task is for housework ONLY. Ah well.. mine's single, no kiddos, no bf, hopefully :p

Catz,
How did you know that her current employer is fussy about cleanliness/neatness etc?
And what is the reason for her transfer?

I'm not that fussy either, but eh, to not wash hands after being in toilet (for whatever reason) is a BIG no no! So have to keep monitoring and reminding her till she remembers.

smurfy, I did the same thing, looked out for 1st mth dresses way before I delivered
happy.gif
In the end, I got 3 different outfits to choose from, mainly from gymboree. I bought 0-3mths clothes from gymboree. Actually i regreted buying some of the 6mths and above clothes from gymboree cos initially I thot I wouldnt bring Ashley out too much in the first 3 mths but I was wrong. I bring her out A LOT!! The jan09 thread has gathering every week, so we went out v frequently plus every weekend we bring A out so of cos we will also bring meimei unless its to places like zoo or birdpark. So, I have been buying lots of 0-3mths clothes after she was borned. I think u will prob be like me, so do buy more (but not excessive
happy.gif
) Another thing, the clothes go on sale very quickly, so unless its a sale item, dun buy those bigger sizes cos by the time they can fit the clothes, it will prob be a lot cheaper than what u have paid for.

I am not sure if mothercare sizes have shrunk? I thot A could wear the sleepsuit for quite a while but Ashley has outgrown the 0-3mths sleepsuits and I just bought her the 3-6mths sleepsuits and it just fit nicely, prob will outgrow in max 1 mth's time. I am thinking of exchanging an unopened pack for 6-9mths, not sure if they will allow and the time period cos I am not going to centrepoint this week.

maid dinner - she will scoop up what she wants and put aside. This is trained by my mil previously so we just continued this practice. In our family, we never eat with maid cos she will feel uncomfortable eating in front of us.

This thurs I am going with Jan mummies to zhou's kitchen for buffet
happy.gif
We just had a gathering at pongol this afternoon, most of us going back to work soon, so trying to make full use of maternity leave.

cherryale,

ashley is not lightweight at all ! 5.5 kg is v good already..

smurfy

i prefer the first dress..but since both also nice..get both and let baby change during the celebration ..just like bride during wedding dinner..haha

huskie,

i think sophie needs time to warm up to the new member at home. Cherish also take long time to get use to change of environment or new person

smurfy, i just selected the clothes from gymboree, havent decide whether to get 3-6mths or 6-12mths. Will get Ashley to try on the gymboree clothes tomorrow before I placed my orders. Hehe, i got the second dress in my shopping bag too, cos the first dress, I already have the same design for leggings
happy.gif

And I realised that she has many clothes that she has not worn from Gap, hopefully its not too tight for her cos I find Gap cutting a little small. Maybe I should just let her wear very nice clothes at home and take lots of pictures, dun waste it.

just ashley's clothes already can get $75 gymbucks..that's why recently I have given up one of my wardrobe space to her..haha, i am so nice right, sacrifice my space for her.

stella, I think i got the idea that she is lightweight cos the other jan babies are heavyweights, but I think she is alright lah, prob even better than her bro.

I am so sian to buy clothes for Ashton nowadays, 2T from Gymboree is too big for him but I find it hard for myself to click 18-24mths when he is already 25mths. So, in the end, I decide that no more online shopping for him until he grows bigger. How I envy QY, can grow so well.

Catz, how do u do it for Timo? U mentioned before he is thin for his age right?

cherryale

my friend is a jan09 mum, her bb also v chubby.

cherish is abt 13kg and 88cm tall now.. she also look thin, and v difficult to get clothes for her too, esp dresses. If i buy to accomodate her height, the shoulder area will be too big.

Thats y i always ended up buying mix and match.

when cherish took her mmr at dec, she was 12kg and 85cm tall.. not much diff from now..seems like the growth is slowly down already.

and she is having runny nose too..so i expect her weight to reduce further.

sunsweet
err kushin-bo gots lots of other varities besides sashima.. but quality of food drops.

catz
i will never be a real shopaholic like u.. me more onto impulsive buys when the mood gets bad, whereas urs is the consistent, forever buying kekeke.. i oso love buffets, hard to find someone to go with me... thankfully found one grp of punggol mummies who will find some cheap.nice buffets for some "me" time once every few mths..

cherry/catz
thanks for the advices on gymboree clothings.. too bad oredi ordered 6-12mths.. i, cannot wait hahaha.. anyway, lazy me will put bb in rompers during the initial few mths lar... and most probably she will spend the first few mths in "confinement".. <- i dun like to bring young bbs out too often :p.... oh i oso need to ask u two experts hor.... do i need to get those tops n pants for her as well? are they more convenient than dresses?

huskie/catz
sometimes it is harder for SAHM to adjust to having a maid.. coz u will be facing her 24/7.... not like us, working mums... some things just have to see open... and maybe ask the maid to stay in the kitchen if she finishes her stuffs... oh... if u think she is bored.. get her some cook-books.. or some learning english books.. instead of her reading papers or watching tv.. (my maid used to read sooooo much papers that she updates us on news and fustrated my mum so much th at she stopped the newspapers subscription hahahaha).. huskie, i think u gotta emphasis a few more times that her job is to do HOUSEWORK... and not look after the bb.. it's might be harder coz she has a kid similar age grp of sop.

QY's fever seems to have gone off.. after one day of self medication... thankfully... really prayed hard that his immunity is just as strong after he goes to school.

smurfy, u asked the wrong person, cos I am the type who buys everything
happy.gif
I bought dresses, blouses, rompers, skirts, jeans, pants, leggings, shorts..anything that a gal can wear except undies and swimwear havent bought haha
happy.gif

goin out - but dun u have to bring QY out, then definitely will also bring meimei out right?

cherry
i dunno leh. maybe things will change coz QY is here.. maybe bring the kiddos to more outdoor places? maybe leave #2 at home and we go out ourselves?

smurfy, if we go outdoor plcs eg. zoo, JBP, animal farm, it will be just hb, me and Ashton. But if just go out eg. shopping mall, lunch, then will include meimei. Also cos I bought so much clothes for her, I make sure I bring her out loh. I feel so excited for you!!! Its wonderful to have a gal....soooooooooooo cute.

stella, 1kg increase is great for our toddler now... do u knwo zz weight is 10. something for v v long liao? cannot increase like tat... some of his shirt so big tat drop off his shoulder 1 side n v sexy ;p

cherry, ya i buy 18-24 mth for zz.

cherry, smurfy, u all can really buy alot for gal... me stop already. some of her clothes still haven't wear. each time we wanna go out, we think so hard cos all the clothes r so lovely!

Ashley drinkin bm only? i think shld be fine, just monitor.maybe wait till 5th day? i rem Gemma also like tat previously n then suddenly 1 BIG poo on her full mth celebration hahaha . now she poo everyday.

huskie, good for u. u got to monitor. cos my fren maid kept eating when she ask her to help herself... in the end my fren send her home. but worst case la :p

sunsweet, i went to macau tat time w zz last feb. r u bring lil J? u can go Fishermen wharf, amusement park. there r shopping at Senato square. u can go Macau tower and Venetian Macau. quite a fun place but then advise to stay not long or else boring? u can consider goin there for 1 or 2 days, then go Zhuhai or Hk?

though i spent lesser time w G, i feel G more closer to me than maid. every time i goin out to work or come home, she will make noise n catch my attention so that i can hug her. even when maid is hugging her already. then when I reach otu for her, she stretch her hands n smile sweetly. feel so warm!

garfield
kekeke girls r sooo sweet n affectionate hor? i am oso waiting for that moment..

cherry
i dunno how to manage two kids out at a mall leh...especially when one loves to run and now has a mind of his own oredi.. hahaha anyway will think as the time comes...

gd morning to all

talking abt weight. My boy also nt much better. standing at 88 or 89cm with a weight of 10.8 ~ 11kg only. He's still wearing 12 - 18mths clothes, esp the bb Fox shorts w/ 2 buttons in still! LOL...

Las night I got a shock! I saw a bunch of stems in the trash bag. Then I realised the helper took the leaves &amp; threw the stems! *heartpain* she told me she din take alot.. I told her nutrients mainly come frm tare... I said if can't finish the whole bunch, take some and just leave the rest for other days' cooking. Last time my broccoli also like tat... wah... like throwing $$ in to drain. Bt she apologised to me after tat lah... Hope no more nx time.

ah ger, not uncommon. my experienced maid also do tat. she say the vegi not fresh liao... but prob is she alwasy wait n wait of cos the vegi can't wait. so by the time she cook it, it too late. when i buy the vegi, i expect her to cook as soon as possible. last time i use to go mkt once a wk so i leave the planning of cooking for the wk.

now eversince got G, we never go... so i will go supermkt to buy daily.. so better n never waste. cos i will rem wat i buy n tell her to cook wat lor.

ah-ger
this is the most common thing to happen lor... coz it's not their MONEY... if it's back in their home country, i bet they will eat anything/everything.... gotta watch out for ur electrical bills and water consumption as well...

i'm living with a black-faced woman for the next 2 days... she's going home, finally, on this friday..

my elec bill &amp; water is fine - so far..... bt again w/ one more person + cooking daily, expected to hv a rise. Bt she's ok, cos I told her, eac time she leaves an area - lights &amp; elec must b off. She's bn doing this all the while. As for water taps, hb has inserted something inside the tap to ctrl the water flow. So nw the water is nt v strong even to the max.

Garfield - I can only afford to buy weekly cos wkdays we r nt ard.

Then nw I am thinking, nt tat I m too suspicious, I wonder hw much fish A eats everytime. Cos i Buy salmon &amp; cod for him.. I've ever told her she can share w/ him bt he shld b eating more. I've nv really asked her hw much fish A eats, usually just ask on overall if A ate alot for lunch. Shld I separate out another kind of fish for her only? Salmon &amp; Cod exp leh....

smurfy, i find it easier to bring the kids out then to stay at home. I will use baby carrier and hb will hold Ashton. But A tends to run about, so we just watch out and ask him to stop if there is danger around.

ah ger, maids are like that, luckily u found out soon enough, if not can u imagine how much more she can waste for u. My maid can wash things until things spoil eg. sheridan towels wash until mouldy, why? cos she will remove the towels before they are 100% dry, then stuff them into a laundry bag meant for clothes that are to be ironed (although she does not iron the towels). I have told her once towels are dry, must fold and keep. If not, she will have to pay me for every towel that is damaged which is $50 each.

everytime when we cme back frm mktg, she will portion out the fish, wrapped the veges w/ newspapers &amp; label them b4 putting in the fridge. so I nv really bother to kip track on hw much vege left.

The las time happened to b when I was eating broccoli, then I realisd hw cme no stems when I like stems alot. Then she said she throw. I said stems can b eaten. Thereafter she nv do it again.

Tis time round, I also dunno hw cme she will use the whole bunch of spinach! I was wondering - hw did she manage to put whole bunch of spinach into porridge and let A eat? Like tat ma bcme spinach + porridge, and not porridge + spinach, u get wat I mean? Then at night I was tracing ants (seasonal house-shifting ha ha ha), then she bagged the trash &amp; left on the table top. NTUC plastic bag mah, then I saw hw cme so much green stems inside. I opened up &amp; c &amp; I got a shock. MY SPINACH!!!!! *faint* I almost wanted to dig her up &amp; ask her y she threw them away. Bt I told myself, nvm, 2mr wake up then ask her.

I can't bring myself to scold her leh.. cos she's human wor... I just had to reason w/ her lor.

Yest - she cooked Kung Bo Chicken, then hb bought so little chicken yet she used the remaining 1/2 bottle of sauce. *faint* then after tat can tel me sweet. I really think I need to remind her all these again! BTH....

M I over-reacting?

ah ger
dun need to share a-portion of food with maid lar... cod fish soooo ex.. u very rich arr????? ask maid to cook separately hers lar.. fry one vege and one egg/chicken/pork for lunch lor... and porridge is not filling for them lar, i think most preferred rice.. actually for QY's vege, she oso put in broocoli flowers and spinach leaves nia.. the stems all recycled into adult's foods..

yes, get the fish monger to dig out those intestines for u..

smurfy,
You sending your maid home? I thought you were extending her.

Today I brought all my 3 kids to the market. *phew* it was not as bad as I thought it might be. BUT, like you, my Ben runs away all the time, and doesn't follow me. So I had to put him on a leash. That helped matters a lot, though one KPO fishmonger told me not to pull him too much. I just glared at him and pulled on Ben even harder cos he had gone in the opposite direction!

Aiyoh, my downstairs neighbour is hacking up tiles!!!!

Back