(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

jenny,
haha i'm the wrong person to ask about how hot it was in Feb/mar during confinement cos i get to bathe and wash hair every day! But true lah, it was very hot, especially after eating all the hot food.

pups,
sorry no time to chat over msn with you this morning. i agree with the rest about catering confinement food, at least no need to bother about cooking. During J's time, hubby cooked for me during the 1st week cos CL couldn't come because of CNY. His cooking is fine but i was tired of eating the almost the same stuff. haha!

jasmine,
Regarding your questions...
1) My kids watch tv also but i tell my maid to limit to not more than 2 hours in total but sometimes exceed lah cos it's easier to use tv as a distraction. Your SIL is right, there were some studies that show that the fast movements on the tv screen sends signals to the brain and overstimulate them such that it shortens the kid's attention span when they do more mundane activities. I feel that some tv is good lah cos my kids learn quite a lot of stuff from tv but also got to control what they watch. Em watches "Little Princess" (i've no idea what it is) and according to my maid, she talks like the little princess when she doesn't want to do something. She will say things in this way to stress her point, "I.don't.want.to.bathe" Really headache, this girl.

2)have to be firm with him when he does that. Punish him to a naughty corner or make him sit on a thinking chair. Keep stressing the reason why he is being punished and tell him that he can't do that.

3) Don't force him to sit on the potty. Try the toilet bowl instead. Praise him if he is successful.

4) Em hates water coming down her face also. I'll make her tilt her head back by telling her to look at something above, i'll also encourage her as i'm rinsing her hair by telling her that she is doing well.

Jasmine, my replies to your queries

1) Char watch TV too, but she has short attention span for TV. Most of the time she likes physical activities like dancing around, walking downstairs, playing with her toys and read books with us at night.
2)She bites and scratch herself when we don't allow her to do anything. I punish her and tell her she's the one to feel pain not mee and refuse to give in. She tone down a bit but still does that. So we're still working on it.
3)She's toilet train for pee pee but not poo. And I decide not to force her as I think it'll just make it worse. And the toilet training process also let me realise she'll do it when she's ready. So what I do is I'll hint to her every now and then to be toilet train for poo poo, but I never force her.
4)She hates water to get onto her face too and she refuse to tilt her head up although I've demonstrate to her lots of time that water wont get onto her face this way. Sometimes she's good, we'll praise her, but it's another issue that we're working with her.

hi jasmine
happy.gif

think the caregivers matter too. it's one thing to comment watching tv is no good, but can they prevent him from doing so (thereby engaging him in other activities)?...think it will take a lot of the caregivers to arrange other activities...

coz tv engages all the senses of a person when watching (a cold medium..so a person literallys witches off when watching).any other medium which does not engage like tv therefore may not catch their attention (desensitised)...but then it might have to do more with age than tv?

cy is not toilet trained, and i dun see the hurry in doing so. he will go to potty to pee when he feels like it, so i jsut let him lah...not a priority now.doesnt impede their development in other areas...

cy used to bite!!!yes time outs work then..not sure if it works for A, bt worth the try
happy.gif

hi mummies,

thks for your concern for tricia. after turning maybe 18mths or 20 mths, she does not really like to drink water. no matter what we try, milk bottle, mug, cup, water bottle. she will just take 1 or 2 sips, then that is. if feed her with spoon, will still drink a bit more. but cos PD got say dont let her be dehydrated, so trying to let her drink as much water as possible.

also tried with honey, ribena, also the same...

Coral, Jenny, crystallized, bbgrace,
I did think of catering food. But all confinement food menu comes with herbal soup which I do not want cos I have already bought a herbal package from the confinement agency. They tie up with a medical hall which packed 32 packets of herbs for the confinement month and I just need to throw a packet with some lean meat into a slow cooker to cook everyday.

Anyone who knows confinement food caterer who can omit this herbal soup part, please let me know.

Coral,
I don't see the problem with touching water actually. For K, I was bathing him from the day we came back from the hospital!

Coral
Yah lor but at least so far she's been playing normally. But today she started putting her head on her left shoulder when playing like tilt to left to see us. N I'm worried all over again cos she knocked on the left side of her face ma......sigh

Jasmine
I got the FM yest thanx.
Slowly get used to staying alone 1st then see hw bah, shun qi zi ran lor.

JRT
Yah lor so scary somemore last time with D never had this kind of experiance before. Cos D fall then jus cry n back to normal already.

Jenny
Thanx she's as normal already so should be okie liao. N maybe cos I gave her jing fong san after her fall as she sort of still threaten to cry abit, then after that she was okie sleep also didn't wake in fright. Heng aah.
Aiyo, Jaslyn looks all grown up liao. Our bbs grow so fast...sob sob

pups
Dunno why leh but to me go PD they will only jus 'see' which I can also see. Unless serious then still gotta go hospital. So never occur to me to go PD jus to check....keke
But thank goodness she seems okie now. I checked online n its says something like jolt bb awake at night to see if she reacts normally n wakes n alert. Okie means she's okie. N I really did something to make E wake jus to make me feel better......hehehe

Easy cooking jus steam fish for food. When my mil cook for my 1st confinement the food was so bad but I think of it as jian fei lor jus eat enough will do.....keke

bbgrace
Oh I know the little princess....hahaha
Endup I think I am the 1 watching tv not D....kekeke

hi jenny,

oh really har? HK disneyland not nice, same thoughts as delphine, still thinking of bringing the kids when older. seem like the nearest disneyland will be the one in Tokyo liao, dont think i can tahan the long journey to US

hi pups,

haha... the way u describe K very funny leh. but seriously, the moment after T take off her shoes, we will bring her to wash hands/feet and about 15 mins later, bath her, in a way, hoping to minimise "bringing the germs back". but seems like this way is not really working leh, she still manage to catch the virus.
wow, u very brave leh... why not like what the other mummies suggested, cater confinement food, at least less 1 worry...

pups
If you dun mind boring food then jus get ur hubby to buy fish n veg for you. N if you have a steamer jus dump everything in to steam. Healthy n good....jus abit boring......hahaha
I was so bored of my confinement cater food after the 2nd week......hehehe
Maybe you can call n ask them if they can takeout the soup for you n maybe add more portions for u. The food I got from the cater was ALOT. Enough for 2 to eat actually so I always throw away alot of food.

btw do u take pig liver?? I'm not sure but I believe my sis told me before that it decrease BM supply. N I took it once n my supply really went down so I avoid it totally now. Let me know if it does apply to u K.

Delphine, Gemini
Me also tot of bringing the kids to HK disneyland next yr. N I am the 1 trying to psyco n bluff hubby into going Japan instead cos abit bored always go HK.
But then again if I dun get to shop in Jap since the things are ex then no point to go also.....hahaha

Jasmine

1) My tv is always on but maybe cos its at 1 side of the room so unless really sit on the bed to watch, can't really see. N I have timing which D knows, like I only switch on the TV after 11am (Hi5 starts at 11am). So even if he askes me to switch it on I will remind him only after 11am.
Else he plays with his many toys, read books, disturb meimei.
If you dun want A to watch so much TV then everyone must help. Which means they also CANNOT switch on the TV when A is not allowed to watch.

2) Sometimes when I tell D no or cannot n he's fustrated he will show his hand like want to beat sort of like telling us not to say No. But he show only cos he dun stretch out to beat. But meimei wise dunno why he likes to make her face or when playing will suddenly make quick movement to hit her. Then he will regret when she crys n sayang her n say sorry.
But think cos we also beat him that's why he tends to beat. So trying to find a way to handle this too. N definately if he hits n dun feel sorry I will cane.

3) Cos he not potty train yet right?? D also refused at 1st but then after few mths then he was okie. We can't force everyone to like the same thing right?? So jus play by ear bah see how he reacts.

4) Must make him learn to trust when you shampoo him again all over. Make sure you inform him before you start washing maybe have a running commentory when you shampoo him so he knows exactly what you are doing n can predict. Things like this bath n shampoo, I make it into things that MUST be done. cannot argue 1, if I ask D to tilt head to wash hair n he doesn't I jus inform him I will pour the water over his head if he doesn't tilt. Then if he still dun tilt I jus do it n then tell him he gets water onto face becos he didn't tilt as I asked.

But then hor they are in the terrible 2s lah so we jus have to keep learning n trying. What works today may not work again tml.....hahaha

Gemini,
Depends on your expectations of Disneyland lor. Of course can't compare to the ones in US or Japan or even Paris. I think HK Disneyland is suitable for toddlers and pre-schoolers cos it's really a dumb down version and that means the kiddos can ride almost all the rides in there. At this age there's no point bringing them to the more "sophisticated" disneyland where they can't take half the rides there and the park is too big to complete everything with kids in tow. To me, while HK disney is boring for adults, it's just right for young kids. In fact, i was planning for a trip next month and i almost wanted to go HK disneyland again cos it's quite a no brainer. If i really went, it would have been the 3rd time for josh. haha!

hi jasmine,

so finally moving in next week. must be very excited.
i think this is the sacrifice we have to make for the sake of our kids. before tristan come along, there's a few times we left tricia at my mum place as me & hb too tired (tricia was fussing the previous nite) to take care of her at nite. we stay at my mum place till around 10 plus then sneak back home. but lucky for me lah, my place about 10 mins drive from my parents place.

re your questions:

1) what your kids do at home? sometimes i use TV as a distraction in order for us to do our stuff. but i find that watching those educational programs/DVDs does benefit a bit, in a way, "teach" the kids. normally in the afternoon. after nap, sometimes play with her toys too. tricia also watch whatever my parents watching from 7-10pm

2) tricia will throw things at people when she angry or even playing. we will beat her hand immediately and tell her that it will be "pain pain" for the other person.

3) dont force him. really take time. like tricia, only recently, she will tell us that she want to pee/poo. the previous few rounds, we tried, aftr she has pee/poo in her shorts, we scolded her but still failed. but now, sometimes she forgotten to tell us, after we scolded her, she will remember to tell us and of course, we praise her for being a good girl and will remind her to tell us when she want to pee/poo. maybe u want to try to change the potty? now at my own place, is those plastic traditional potty whereas the potty at my mum place is like those "squat" toilet bowl. she will poo at my mum place but not at my place. not sure she's not pooing cos of the change in potty or she unwell, not pooing regularly.

4) try out jenny method. that what we do when tricia is younger. now she squatting down, sometimes water will get into her eyes, my mum will ask her to cover her eyes with a handkerchief.

hi pups,

u really v solid leh! still remember for tricia time, even washing of my hands, my mum also nag me to use boiled water. but for #2, washing of hands use tap water which is hot. too lazy to take boiled water liao

hi bbgrace,

think if going disneyland more for me, cos i was sick in Tokyo disneyland when i was there for my honeymoon. haha.. but you are right, alot of rides got height restriction, so think have to wait for them to be older then bring them, killing 2 birds with 1 stone! mummy can play also, as well as the kids!

hi mommies,
Thanks!!!
kao_kiss.gif

really thanks for all the valuable answer & tips.

1)yeah..dun think i can omit watching tv for A. what i can see is he learns a lot frm those educational programs/ dvds.
I am concern abt this cos he spend a lot of time on watching tv as we are busy with moving & he currently no school yet. maybe after he back to school, the tv watching time will be reduce ba.

for the others, i will try to slowly teach him. Actually with him alone, it's easy to handle him.

Pups,
during my SIL confinement time, her CL also leave 2 weeks b4 confinement complete. My mum was the one who helping out. She follow what my SIL teach, very easy. bought a 2 tier steamer, 1 steam rice, another one steam fish. then fried one vege. that's done for 2 meals per day.
oo..ya, plus herbs soup using slow cooker.
maybe you can try it out.

Gemini,
final moving will be this weekend.
oo..ya, can pm me your addy, i try to send out friso milk sample for you.
Is tricia like orange juice or any fruit juice? can try to give her some.

Dor,
yeah...I also told hb that let's plan again after we settle in our new hse.
if can find a better cc, then maybe can let A try out. i still bu she de him apart frm me. hahaha...

Crystallized,
We still in east side. but due to i m taking public transport, so the journey seem quite far. my routine will be changi -> Eunos -> Tampines.
happy.gif

Jenny,
I never been Tokyo Disneyland. but this HK disneyland really more for young kids. When A nap, we find nothing to do at Disneyland.
happy.gif

Pups
U tried natal essentials? Heard tt its got v gd food. One fren highly recommended and i recommended to my coll last yr. She gave it thumbs up.

http://www.natalessentials.com/package.html

u see if its applicable to u. heard the portions r v generous and my coll even shared wif her hb. My appetite was ferociously gd during confinement so i guess such portions r gd 4 me... hahaha
lol.gif

RE: Disneyland
Other than HK, i've been to the one in Tokyo only. I agreed wif bbgrace, no pt gg to the bigger parks when kids of our age cant go to more than half of the rides. Even the one in HK, i alrdy find tt R cant go to quite a few rides. The weather was darn hot when we were in HK disney so i din enjoy it.

Thank you mummies for your valuable suggestions. Actually, the fact is I can cope on my own. I managed to cook my lunch and dinner yesterday. But it is my mum that is concern about me touching water, blah, blah, blah. So, the arrangement for today is, she comes in the morning, stay around so that I can go ahead with my massage and all... then she will cook my lunch and marinate the food for my dinner. I will just cook my dinner and leave the pots and pans for hubby to come home and wash. This way, she can bring K back home for him to nap in the afternoon and I can get my rest too. Lets hope this works out well ;)

This way, I will just concentrate on feeding, pumping, bathing baby.... doing laundry (via washing machine), iron hubby's clothes. Haha. The list goes on actually. :p

Crystallized,
Are you still Neo Garden's member? Can I ride on your membership discount, please? ;) Thinking of using them for first month celebrations.

Pups, so touching water doesn't cause feng shi? Haha, I'm very afraid of that cos after my confinement period i expereince some bone aching on my hands so was thinking is it cos I touch water...

Am thinking of bringing Char to HK disney again for wkend trip (cos sure can't get leave after 4 mths of ML) this Sep before she turns 3 (can save on enterance ;P) and while #2 hasn't start solid will be easier to just BF.

pups,
Like the mummies suggested, if you are going to cook yrself, use the tier steamer. It saves a lot of time. I used it to cook my lunch for myself and jolene when I was on maternity leave.
If can, try to cater confinement food, easier. Cos preparing the ingredients take time.
BTW, you using Naini for massage this round?

Doreen,
On one hand, I do agree with you. Going Japan can't shop much cos things are so ex! But I really hope to go at least once. But really heartpain with the $ leh, how ah? hahaha

Jasmine,
For the washing hair part, I'm abt to comment on how CC bath the kids.
In most CC, they dun do what we do at home, cos they have many kids. Last time in the CC that my friend was in, I was there and I saw myself. They just use the water hose and spray on kids, qing cai wash wash then come out. They talk in terms of speed, not cleaniness. I think, Alvis is scared cos the CC teachers dun have the patience to wash slowly to avoid the water contact to the eyes/face.
Jaslyn used to scare water touching her eyes/face. She would jump and shout/cry. For me, I dun care, I do a quick one to splash the water from her head, then use my hand to quickly "wipe" off the water. I assure her I will do that. Now she's perfectly ok with it. Before that, I asked her to lift her head and I washed slowly w/o touching.
Why I use the splashing method now, cos I want her to get over with the fear of water touching her face. I'm preparing her as I have the intention to enrol her to swimming class to learn water survival.

coral,
I dun believe touching water cause feng shi. According to my mum, she said women dun touch water cos last time they used the water from well which was very dirty.
My colleague and I are planning for our own HK trip in Aug.

Disneyland
========
I have never been to Tokyo disneyland. Actually, I think it's unfair of me to judge lah. Cos I went to Orlando Disney World. The largest disneyland with 5 theme parks and 2 water parks. I stayed for 1 week+ in disneyland. I had the time to play all the rides and walked thr the theme park. That's why I "complained" HK disneyland. But I'm not commenting on the rides and parade lah. It's the fireworks that is really not worth at all. We went in late pm cos wanna stayed for the fireworks. And we were very disappointed with the fireworks, and we felt it's even worse than the ones we had during new year/national day. I video down, so if I have time, I upload to youtube and share with you mummies. Machiam like saving costs just put a few fireworks. Even the ending part, you know the usual practice, will have a lot of fireworks right? They dun have lor. In Orlando Disney, the disney characters would perform together with fireworks, and was very high with lots of fireworks. I remembered I cried after watching it.
I will rather save the trip to HK one, and opt for others.
BTW, very sian to be with those cXiXa ppl... litter everywhere and darn KS, jump queue etc. No wonder HKers dun like them. No offence.

Jenny,
we used the same bath & wash hair method like you. so far no problem for A. He got this phobia after came back frm cc. for half day, usually they dun bath the kids, but because they have water play, so A got bath once a week. I think CC also use cold water to bath the kids, right?
right now at home, I sometimes purposely spray some water on his face to let him get use to it.

btw, i also got intention to let A learn swimming. But hb comment that A got the habit tat like to drink water, so we afraid he might drink those swimming pool water tat contain corine (dun know how to spell).
when Jolene start swimming class?

firework at HK disney, no lel..tat time i went, those disney character did perform together with firework lel. haha...my cols who went there even quarrel with those cXiXa ppl cos they jump queue.
go HK again huh? u fall in love with HK?
biggrin.gif

Pups
yes i think i am still a member. Hahaha last yr i din order fr them so dunno if expired alrdy. But no harm trying. U email me can? So i can reply u tonite. dun hv the member card wif me now.
happy.gif

Pups, ya, I heard about the dirty well water and cool weather in the past thingy too. Actually no way to avoid water cos need to stay hygenic.
Is weather in HK good during Aug? If good, actually I should go in Aug too then no need to worry about leave application...

jenny
eh, actually kiddoes who learn swimmng may still hate the sensation of water being poured over their heads..swimming is different. many of cy's swimming mates dun like bath time !! haha...mummies commented they hate water being poured over their heads!!

jenny, jasmine
are you looking at drop off programme since your tots are mature enough liaoz?jaslyn's going for the one in her school am i right?coz at aquaducks the weekend waitlist is like 200plus kids for 2006 tots..slightly more decent at marsden but all the same, waitlist lo...
sad.gif

Jasmine,
Not sure if CC use cold water or not.
I dun think Alvis will want to drink the water from pool lah.
Jolene started swimming at 3 years 4 mths old.
Dun have leh, not a single disney character leh.
Not fall in love with HK. Just that colleague is asking me to go with her, just for shopping trip. She's going HK/Macau in Jun with her family.

Coral,
Aug is hot. My colleague suggests Aug cos we are getting bonus in Jul. Some more I just came back and she's going in Jun. She actually suggest to go in Sep, but I told her if she wanna shop, has to go in Jul/Aug. I prefer feb/mar and nov period, cooling period.

lilboymum,
No leh, my gals like water to pour over their heads/face leh.
When Jolene started swimming, she didn't dare to put her head immerse into water. My friend's hb helped her overcame the fear, and also told us to pour water over her to let her get used. We tried few times and she overcame her fear in a short while.
No, Jaslyn's school doesn't cover swimming class. Only has speech and drama.
Jaslyn will joins Jolene for swimming class. I plan for another few more mths later, perhaps wait till Jaslyn turns 3. But I think she is ready now. She always has the urge to go into swimming pool.
Aquaducks and Marsden are both not convenient for me, too far liao. And I dun like ang mo to teach.

jRt, Jenny, opps, sound like bad time to go. Cos can't imagine queuing under the hot sun for the rides with a baby sling onto me...Hmmm, might have to abandon plan. The Shanghai one won't be ready till 2010 right? And I think that place will be flooded with the locals...

hi jasmine,

thks thks. cos temporarily i'm working from home, so not going into office maybe till mid Apr. Will PM you my addy later.

well, i have not tried fruit juice but think she should like it bah, cos she do drink sweet potato soup.

hi pups/crystallised,

think crystallised mbrship still valid. i order last sep for tristan 1 mth.

Jenny,
tell you hor, he will drink the water. at home, he will try drink water frm tap, frm shower head.
i beat his mouth & explain to him.
Shopping trip + eat huh? shiok!

Gemini,
no problem. cos weekday i will reach home very late.
Alvis loves all kind all fruit juice, especially homemade orange juice (his orange juice is "ice-see-juice"!)

coral,
Sep is a very hot period. I went before, buay ta han ah.

Jasmine,
Jaslyn also drink tap water when she's bathing or brushing teeth keke..
but pool water don't think they will drink lah, yucky taste.

Jenny, haiz, might have to spend money on entrance fees and go year-end cos Char keep thinking of Disney after last Nov trip...

Gemini, how's Tricia? Better now?

Char also like to "steal" tap water to drink...

hi coral,

tricia is better now. seems like no more new red dots are appearing. but her toes still got a few blisters dot. think her mouth ulcers are ok (i cant see), as we afraid that she has no appetite, so i cook plain porrridge for her, and luckily she eating as per normal.

Jasmine
Tell me abt it.....hahaha
I until now haven move my big butt to go n register for Nursery at the church beside my hse......hahaha
I actually tot of calling early n jus put name on waiting cos heard long queue 1. Then until now I see they already put banner up for registration liao I haven call....hehe
I think part of me still bu she de to put D in sch leh cos dunno hw he might react.....sigh

Oh yah now Jenny mention hor, I remember I wanna tell u even though I will jus pour the water over D's head if he dun tilt hor I will definately immediately use my hand to wipe water off his face. Cos D really hates to have the water on his face. My hubby once bochap n jus pour water to wash D hair/face without warning until he always scream when washing hair. So I gotta retrain D all over again step by step lor. Now I teach D to wipe his face himself everytime I pour water. So even he dun like water on his face, as long as I say "wash face" to prepare him before I spray water on his face he is okie. Else will make abit of noise 1.

pups
Hehe I also touch water as normal cos gotta wash the containers to return when the cater dinner comes. At least you have ur mum around to help if incase. Still okie lah can try on ur own. I didn't dare to let my mum know I do my confinement alone....hehe
She already nag n nag at me for washing hands n cups already. If she knows I ask my mil not to come n that I bath n shampoo as usual, will definately get an earful from her.......haha

Jenny
Cos that time my hubby told me go HK disneyland more ex already now blah blah blah. So I told him might as well we go other countries instead lor else everytime jus go HK nia super boring leh, since he say go HK ex then maybe go other countries might endup spending abt the same amt ma. But then Jap everything so ex hor n he sure won't allow me to buy alot of things 1 ma then go Jap all the way for what right. Might as well jus go HK lor....sigh
But I worried go HK in March will be the flu season again the kids jialat leh.

jrt
Last yr I used ur member for E's 1st mth ma remember?? ....hehe

Coral,
HKers don't really know how to read child age, you may be able to pass off.
We actually paid all entrance fees for Jolene, until my HK friend told me no need. So on the 3rd day we went to The Peak, we didn't pay for Jolene.

Doreen,
Mar ok lah. The weather siao siao le. My sis wanna go Apr but cos is not sch holidays and I didn't want the gals to miss sch cos I didn't want to cork up story to sch. If I tell the sch, oh we went holiday, I think I will kena from the principal and teachers lor. They 1 day no go sch, and I can't get thr the sch # to inform hor, they will call me to check. I ever received a call from Jaslyn's teacher one evening and she called from her home.

Gemini, glad to hear that Tricia is getting better. Ya, I was worried that she might not eat with thsoe ulcers...

Jenny, okie, then might just try our luck.
happy.gif
Jas school very responsible, good!

Gemini,
Good to hear that Tricia can still eat as per normal and is not too badly affected by the ulcers.
happy.gif

Coral,
We are thinking of bringing K to HK end of this year also. But we are thinking of leaving the baby behind. We "owe" K this trip cos I was too sick to make the trip last year.

Dor,
I know I have to be thankful to my mum for coming by to help me get ready things in the morning. But then again, she mess up my timing so badly cos there are certain things I cannot just do as and when I like when they are around and K is still around. So, it is a give and take ;)

Gemini,
Glad to hear that Tricia is recovering..

Jasmine,
If A is not ready for toilet training, dun force him. He will one day,goes with his pace.
Am glad that desiree is permanently off diaper for day and night. save the diaper money for denise. haha.

hello mummies.... taking a short breather from work.....

hehe.. all this talk about HK trip... my "long awaited" trip still havent materialised... *haiz*.. long story... but now, SIA give me "deadline" muz complete my travel by early Sept.. very sian cos weather so hot, dunno if still wana go ahead or not leh.... if dont go, forfeit all my airmiles i also very "buay gam wan" leh.... *sighz*....

anyone travelled to HK in mid-end April or May??? is it juz as hot??? end-Aug / Sept is very very hot rite????

actually another "dilemma" was, if we go sooner, belle actually not very interested in "sightsee-ing" yet lor... e only place that will interest her is disneyland bah... if wait till later, she may enjoy e trip more...

pups, i'm not sure by that time u'll bear to leave baby K behind... cos i cant bear to leave belle behind now...

siblings rivalry
i still cant "psycho" myself to enjoy e "battles" tat e kids r having everyday leh... whenever A tries to hit/bully B hor, i feel damn bad towards both of them lor... sad/guilty to A cos he have to learn to share/take turns when he's still so young n obviously still do not have the ability to understand that concept.. n towards B for her being e unfortunate victim of A's toddler aggressiveness...
when we try to "discipline" A for bullying/hitting B hor... he will go crying for my helper leh... makes me more upset lor....
nowadays, we always try to "seperate" e 2 of them... cos belle will always try to snatch whatever toy that ayden is playing with... then both will start crying... if not, then ayden will "bo dai bo zhi" go n push belle off-balance... or go n snatch whatever toy she is playing with... then both start crying too...
so e most "peaceful" way is to confine Belle to e playyard now... while ayden roams freely outside... minimal contact = less crying.... then mummy will have to "split" herself into 2 when both starts demanding to play with mummy only...

ok lah... cant chat much.. gotto go... but one last thing b4 i go...
next week (2,3 & 4th April) my co. will be having another hotel sale at Hyatt Hotel (next to Far East Plaza)... those interested in brands from my co. can plan first lah... same brands as last year's sale.... email me if u all want more info hor....
ciao!!!

coral,
ya, I have to admit, the teachers and principal are very responsive ppl.
Anything happens in sch, say if the gals fall or hurt, they will call ME.
Not sure why, since I indicate the contact as my mum #, but everytime sure call me.
Sometimes I feel so stress with the sch, teachers home visit, then keep asking me to bring the gals on Sat afternoon for the interaction class (organised by church, where there will be excursions, drawings, speech & drama, singing etc). But then, I dun stay near the sch, can't expect me to bring all the way there for just an hour class mah.

delphine,
that's very good for desiree leh.
I think I still have a long way before Jaslyn off her night diaper.
I dunno why, but when we were in HK, with aircon on, she was dried thr out the whole trip. But back here, she still pees once or twice.

starz,
have time just go. dun waste the mileague lah.
plus it's nice to have a family trip. Go HK with kids, no need to chiong shopping, just go walk walk lor.
To me, May to Sep is still hot hot hot!

pups
Yah lor I understand. Cos when my mil was here I gotta always be in my room when I need to BF Ember. Gotta plan timing very well. Cos when they not around I dun sit there n BF I can even walk around or cook.......hahaha

Starz
Actually good that Ayden have to learn to share young ma then will be a good habit right. I know very fustrating when they fight. Now D also siao siao 1, he happy he keep kissing n hugging E(but too much E also will complain). If not he will be the "guan jia gong" E put finger in mouth he also will pull out, take my things also snatch away. Even things I allow E to hold jus to occupy her for awhile D also won't allow, everything will snatch away. Plus he also still too rough towards her(although always tell him liao NOBODY can beat meimei cos even we dun beat meimei) He will still beat(lightly lah) if she's naughty n takes our things.....sigh
So....bopian 1 lah we jus have to keep drilling until it gets into their little heads lor.

btw when I cane D n he cries, and he have not admit or understand he's sorry he will normally go n find hubby(if he's home). We will still make him apologise 1st then sayang him. So for ur maid wise I think U must tell her NOT to sayang A when he goes to her. Make her go away or jus stand there cannot intervene. Else A will endup thinking she's good cos everytime he sad she will be there for him.
Try to make it like the person who discipline will be the 1 to sayang or either u or hubby sayang only. So he gets the idea that he is wrong n you will sayang him when he is good......ummmm understand what I mean??

btw this yr sale "better" anot?? ...hehee

Jenny
Normaly end Mar will always have those flu virus 1. Remember that time Vivian went then gotta take flu shots n alot of serious flu cases. My hubby like the feb/Mar weather lor so he tot of going in Mar. Cos he wanted CNY period n I dun want cos scared alot of places close cos of CNY then I go for what.

Delphine
Good for desiree!!!
I still wear diaper for D everynight when we sleep. Cos scared the unexpected happens. Cos got happen 1 or twice when we really forget to wear n he never pee before bed. He will stir lah but think still unable to wake or wake then without pee he sleep again kind lor. So I rather wear till really no more accident anymore then take out....hehe

Doreen,
My hairdresser went during CNY day 1. She said the shops are all opened. I guess business is bad. But she said super cold but then enjoyable cos not many ppl.

Hey same same leh. Even if Jaslyn is dried for nite, I won't dare to take the risk cos I lazy to wash bedsheet and clean the mattress.
Actually when it comes to Jaslyn's nite training, I'm lazy lah. Partly becos we dun sleep in the same room. Last time, Jolene shared the same room with us, so it's easier. At night, I would wake her up to pee. Then slowly, instead of me waking her, she would wake up herself. Maybe thats why, Jolene was fully trained very fast. But I never dare to take the risk to off her nite diaper after a year of dryness. For Jaslyn, I think is harder cos I lazy haha...
On a lighter note, whenever I pass by the diaper section at supermarket, I always miss the days when I had to lag back packs of diapers when they were on promotion...haha... Do I sound weird huh?

Jenny,
maybe diff environment in HK? that's y...whaha, maybe misses the "man zhu gan"? to get such good offers.

Jenny/DorDor,
Actually I wake up once/twice for denise's night feeds, so might as well lor, bring her to pee, there is where the training is. But nowadays getting more and more lazy didnt bring her to pee, she still can hold and even if cant, she will wake me up to bring her to pee. So I guess she is ready.
But one impt pointer, I will always let her go pee before she sleeps.

Delphine,
"man zhu gan"?! makes me sound weird haha...
sometimes I feel myself so bian tai hahahaha...
Hmm I tot sleep in aircon room is cold, and will pee more? How come at home dun sleep in aircon tends to pee more leh? Jaslyn also pees before her sleep. Actually if I more hardworking to wake up once at night to get Jaslyn to pee, she should be fully trained soon, but this mummy is lazy now.

Jasmine,
You have me to keep you company. My hubby and myself very "uncle" and "auntie", will take note of when there is diaper promo and will chiong to stock up. Hehe.

jenny

hihi.. hvnt come to this thread for quite awhile. hope u still rem me.. hehe
anyway, im gg macau next mth with the kiddo but not sure if there's any fun places to bring them to?? all i know, macau only can gamble, eat, gamble, eat again.
any recommendations?

hi dor,

the way u describe D is the same as what tricia is doing to didi. The only difference is that even jie jie push him away (tristan in walker), he will still follow jie jie wherever she goes... BTH...

hi jasmine/pups,

u are not alone. every thursday, i will see newspapers to see got promotion on diapers and FM.

hi jenny/delphine,

think i will be more lazy than u. me myself sometimes will hold my bladder till morning... too lazy to get out of bed to go toilet.. :p so wondering how i'm going to train tricia.
by the way, delphine, u wake desiree up, she can go back sleep without fuss?

Gemini
haha Tristan will follow jiejie aah?? E won't.
E will play with D toys n when D play she will be around but she still sticks to me alot.
Plus I dunno is it cos she's a girl lah VERY manja. I call her "Da siao jie" cos she really very qian jing 1 leh. When D disturb her touch lightly only she will cry then I must tell her "okie lah okie lah korkor naughty" or jus sayang then she will stop crying. BTH lor.

Dor
same as kat!
super super sai nai lor..
Kim touch abit she cannot already.. but hor.. kim beat her she still follow kim closely..

Jasmine,
No need to envy, you will miss it if you are not doing it. Cos it has become a routine.
Though I seldom buy, but I will still kapoh the promo leh hee hee...

storm,
Yes, remember you. You open a stall selling lor mee at whampoo right?
You bringing both kids along?
I'm not very familiar with Macau. We booked a tour guide there. As we went over from HK via ferry, there's many tour guides at the pier, approaching tourists. We got him at the pier. He charged us HK100 each person. Quite a nice chap, bringing us around, and telling us more abt Macau. I feel Macau is not an easy place to travel on our own cos public transport is not convenient. Unless you rent a vehicle, but I feel quite hard to drive ard, their roads v narrow. I passed all my macau map etc to my colleague who is going in Jun already.

The guide contact as follow, you may wanna contact him if you are interested.

Name : Chao Kam Heng
Goldfield Travel Services Ltd

Gemini,
Wah liew you can hold ah? Sometimes I lazy also hold, but affect my sleep haha, so now I dun hold anymore.
Erm from my past experience, kid half sleep goes back to sleep quite fast.

doreen
im just bringing cheyenne.. cannot handle 2 leh..

jenny
yup, thats me. haha.. thanks for the contact.. was thinking of going to the fisherman's wharf for the kiddy rides. maybe some sightseeing and mostly gorge ouselves silly with food. its just me, my mother and cheyenne. so not going to any casinos.

Back