1st pregnancy in 1st trimester. Help needed.

Felinlove

Hi everyone,

It has been around 6 weeks since the 1st day of my last menstrual period. I tested positive using an over-the-counter pregnancy kit last week.

What factors should I consider when choosing a Gynae?
if I have intentions to deliver at TMC, do I need to find a Gynae who can deliver at that hospital?
Any recommendations?

Hello,

Congrats!

U got any friend’s recommendation?

Maybe u can decide by shortlisting from area you stay/ pricing? I went once first consult at $200, total bill about $400 (at Mount E Novena)

Then by word of mouth, found one who have pretty good reviews near my place. His consult only $85, total only close to $200. Most importantly he is jus min from my place…

I know Thomson Women’s clinic Gynae usually delivers at TMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you BB_Luv18 for your help. :)

As it has been less than 3 months, so I did not ask friends for recommendation.

May I ask if the gynae you visited, will he be the one helping you to deliver as well? Did your Gynae have any package? How often do you have to visit the Gynae in the 1st trimester ?

I was sourcing around and saw that some Gynae do have Antenatal packages but it states from week 20 onwards. Any idea if packages are only for 2nd trimester onwards?

Hello dear,

You are welcome. U got any close friends tt u can share? Or sister? Which are u stay?

Depends on Gynae, some Gynae have packages.
For my previous Gynae previous pregnancy many years back HahHa… I pay each time I see him.

Current Gynae, his package start from week 12-delivery, 11 sessions for price of $900+. I think quite reasonable in fact much cheaper than my first delivery. $80+ per visit.

Depends on ur age/ risk, typically u will see Gynae once a month, nearer to delivery u prob see him more often to access ur condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway, regardless of packages… so long u r comfortable w the Gynae, I guess package or non package we still have to see a Gynae right?

Does package makes u feel more comfortable?

Thank you BB_Luv18 for your help. :)

As it has been less than 3 months, so I did not ask friends for recommendation.

May I ask if the gynae you visited, will he be the one helping you to deliver as well? Did your Gynae have any package? How often do you have to visit the Gynae in the 1st trimester ?

I was sourcing around and saw that some Gynae do have Antenatal packages but it states from week 20 onwards. Any idea if packages are only for 2nd trimester onwards?
Hihi, yup, usually packages only commences after 1st trimester, when the pregnancy more or less stabilizes.

You can probably google for gynaes near your area, read their reviews online if avail and shortlist from there? You'd probably be able to find out where they can deliver when you google.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Thank you BB_luv18 and Sparkle_ for your help. I’ve seen a Gynae and baby is all good for now. :)

any recommendation for a good nanny? Baby is due in July 2023.

Thank you BB_luv18 and Sparkle_ for your help. I’ve seen a Gynae and baby is all good for now. :)

any recommendation for a good nanny? Baby is due in July 2023.
Good to hear baby is all good!

Sorry, I don't have any recommendation for nannies cuz never engaged any before. Maybe you can search for related threads here..probably can find reviews.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I’m july edd too! I think impt to choose a gynae that aligns with your beliefs. Like, if you prefer natural birth, should get someone who is pro natural. Anyway, i’m trying to find more july edd to set up wa group together to chat. Are you keen?

I’m july edd too! I think impt to choose a gynae that aligns with your beliefs. Like, if you prefer natural birth, should get someone who is pro natural. Anyway, i’m trying to find more july edd to set up wa group together to chat. Are you keen?
Me!! Edd in July, still feeling super nauseous this week. If anyone got good ways to reduce this nauseous feeling, it will be great. Anti-nauseous pill prescribed by my gynae don’t work

Back