(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

melody,
u want ur maid to quit? If u are going back to workforce in 3 months time then no point asking her to go.

How abt other aspect of ENG? Or u can goes into purchasing for parts?

Hi Mummies

Hmm...seems that most of you went for GUG trial.

I signed up my girl a couple of weeks but for now just seeing if she likes the program. Anyone tried Julia Gabriel? BJG a bit far but would love to try though.

Any other recommendations?

PM,

We only started CH 34 last week. It's a commercial-free pre-schooler channel, so non-violent. On weekday, Joshua only gets to watch from 7.30 to 8.30pm (then it's bedtime). The shows are mainly Clifford the Dog (?) and Rollie Pollie xxx. (I don't really watch it myself, so very blur abt the titles).

In terms of contents, I still prefer Barney as it teaches the right values (sharing, caring etc) and mind their language. No chance to fully explore CH 34 yet but I heard it has other interesting shows like BB Einstein, Pooh, Mickey, teaching occupations etc.

Hi MT,

Thanks for the detailed explanation on SM. Ryan will only be attending SM next April onwards as he will be attending JG early part of the year (I hope by then, JG will have a vacancy for him) so hopefully, he doesnt have to attend both classes at the sametime, else I will be very stress...hahahaha

heheee... ya loh Lego_mum... so nice to bump into both of you....

no work = no pay
got work = no life
no work = freedom
got pay = $$ slave

sigh... why life is so sad.... i agree with Hong.. AWS is our hard earn money accumulated into end year to make us feel slightly better cos got one lump sum of bleeding $$...

melody,

if cant, dun quit... not easy for 1 party to support the whole family of 3... monetary issues might rises into arguement etc... Work is like tat... never a nice partner to work with but again, a partner that we cant do without...

Bite on dear... you will be rewarded after the hurdle... i got my temporary replacement for my resigned staff... so happy... Lego_mum, the young boy beside me yesterday.
happy.gif
my happy days are here with me again...

so Melody, there is alway rainbow after rain.. i seen mine after almost 2 months of covering... jia you... breathe and sneak a break if can... never force urself too much..

blessings - I see.

so u only intend to join JG for 1 term? playclub huh? when did u start going on the waiting list? :p

think for older age gp will hv more homework... i understand from my fren that they hv worksheets to do.

there will be a program on Nat Geo on SM kids... think after the show, they will get more famous!! hahaha

Lok
I subscribed channel 34 for my daughter too. one thing bad abt this channel is that it is 24hrs so you must impose strict rules on wat time they can watch or they will become addicted to it. tat's what happen to my gal, when she old enough, she even switch on the tv and channel herself. The good thing they can really learn a lot of things from the channel. now they even have thomas the train, sesame street, higgly town heroes(the occupation one), little einstein, bear in the big blue house,oli polli, clifford the big red dog, out of the box etc, all good quality shows. my gal even develop an accent when she speaks english becos of the programs.

MT,

Yup playclub. Waiting list in JG is super long...I registered 2 to 3 months ago, can't really remember. Shall see how interesting JG is. SM is more for long term basis I guess...If JG is good, then perhaps continue.

i got a sneak preview of channel 34 last week... ya, the programs not bad... i saw little einstein and sesame streets...
happy.gif

blessings

2/3mths ago... hmm.. i heard min wait is 6mths. :p u waitlist for weekdays or weekends?

SM - hmmm it's lifelong skills lah... but they will say 0-3yrs old are the best absorbing yrs... so start earlier better. maybe it's sales talk lah hahaha

MTDT,

Joshua is also waitlisted on JG Playclub (18 mths above). I registered when he's 14 mths.... the lady told me 4-5 mths wait. My intention is to see if he likes JG. If it's really as good as it's made out to be, I may consider putting him in Chiltern House (Childcare run by JG). I strongly believe in learning through play.

Yenny,

Thanks for the tip.

MT,

Me working mother so go for weekend class lor. SM is not wrong about 0 - 3 years, but I guess it also depends on individual kids' ability and absorption.

Lok,

I called up recently and asked for the status. The lady said they are now calling the parents for those on waitlist and will call me within 1 to 2 weeks. 2 weeks is ending soon. Hopefully they will call soon.

blessings,

I called up last week because I needed to tell GUG whether to continue or not. Concluded that it's very slim chance, so just continue GUG.

Lok,

Just called. Ryan will not be starting the class in Jan cos he has not reached 18 mos by then so they probably put him March next year! Gosh, I probably have to find something to occupy him. Any good suggestions?

Hi Cottagefry, Fruitee, Blessing & Missmoon

Long awaiting crocling is finally here! Pls contact me to arrange for collection ?

Missmoon (Need to re-order, pls advise u would like to cancel or to re-order)
Design - Mens Ithaca

Zoe...yrs is here, but u havent give me yr dad address & contact no!

blessings,

I chose GUG as it's within 10 mins of my place and they do a mix of things which he doesn't normally get to do. Wrong person to ask leh cos I seldom bring Joshua for trials. Maybe ask dsii or MT for advice?

lok - ooh.. so near to GUG huh? GUG also hv N1 class right? i saw a kid in MRT wearing their tshirt.... so cute. :p

ur area best leh... alot of good schs to choose.... stupid "birds dun lay eggs" place like pgl.... dun hv such selections. :p

blessings - ya, one thing i hate abt JG - they are sooooooo strict with age!!!! afew days only also cant! think they no lack of biz, so strict also like tat... everyone still will Q for it. :p

Fruitee,
U r welcome!
happy.gif

MT,
Yeah....just a few days difference only and yet cannot enrol for the term!!! Sigh! So I must see what classes I can join in the meantime to keep him occupy. Any suggestions?

Melody
Jiayou...just like wat MamaAnne had said, "rainbow a/f the rain". Tat's wat happen to my best friend too!!

Mtdt,
Heh, did you know there's a newly open montessori at Pungol plaza. On the 4th floor.

blessings - suggestions huh? GUG loh.. or busybuddies/jwt :p

yunma - ooh.. open already? they are suppose to open in 15OCT!!!!!! ok ok.. thianks i go beo.
happy.gif

Hong,
I dun know what other eng I am suitable in... haiz..

MamaAnne/Yunma,
Thanks.. I will jiayou.. hopefully a new engineer will come in soon to lighten our load and also a new manager to support us. If things go smoothly I hope to stay until march to get my 2 mth plus bonus.
happy.gif

MT/ Yunma - I think the newly montessori is call Shekinah. It runs as an enrichment there. Im enrolling Emerson into Shekinah Childcare, which is in Sengkang. http://www.shekinahmontessori.com/services.htm#enrich
Hope I wont make the wrong choice.

Mt - Yah PG damn ulu esp the wat ave. But hor I heard the Qdees CC there do quite a number of activites & they also do flash cards to children.

Lok - Wah! Joshua so fortunate... Haha Chiltern/Pats/Ethan, all the 'ming xiao'
happy.gif

Yenny - Thanks for the info. I think I'll subscribe only later stage, coz Emerson already addicted to Barney every morning he will just squat at the TV console waiting for me to on for him. If he knows there's another TV channel I think he will become couch potatoe.

PM - ya, i noe it's Shekinah. I read abt it long ago... suppose to open on 15sept... postphone until now. i tot they change plan haha

will check out tomolo wat's their charges are. :p
maybe put him there for 1slot then ask nanny to pick him up.
happy.gif

aiyoh, u all jumping to conclusion. It's 10mins drive. The "ming xiao" that is within 1 km is Ai Tong. If I enroll him in Chiltern House, it's either Turf or Halifax but will need to take school bus.

No choice mah, can't afford Newton area.....

Talking abt Ai Tong, our condo mgt is going to petition the building of the funeral parlour next to Ai Tong. Hoping that URA drops the idea or else the property value here will definitelly be affected.

Morning mummies, MamaAnne, Melody
PM,
U had enrol emerson? do share wit me if you find it good ya! btw do u know the difference between Shekinah montesori & montesori?

Mtdt,
U intend to put zavier there? do let me know if it is good ya. THKS!

yunma - wat's ur plans for yun? enrichment or presch or wait till older?
and ur questions for PM... compare Shek and wat? :p

waterproof sheet - any idea for a normal single bed size how much? I saw Jshoppers hv... wondering is it cheap from there? :p

Hi mummies

Leg swollen have to use cold or hot compress har? V had her jab yesterday, I tink the PD didnt do it well, today she cant walk, stand or sit, lying on bed dont dare to move keep crying & pointing to her leg say pain.

Lok no leh is the prenaver jab! I tink the doc might have jab her vein,cause she was crying veri loud when the doc jab her yesterday! previous jab she never cry at all.

yunma - i also planning for 2yrs old for playgroup. but convenient location is wat i am looking for so tat my nanny can easily fetch him.

Zita - aiyoh! why dun bring her back to see the PD and "complain" abt it!!! then see wat can he do abt it also... cause dunno cold/hot compress is good leh.

zita,

by right should be warm compress as to circulate the blood flow... my mummy alway use warm compress method for Deron after each jab. But again, if it is affecting her walking and causing too much pain and swell, do return to the same PD for advice.. In case of infection etc..

I juz leave a message for the PD to contact me! C wat he say...!

v lying on bed whole morning cannot move only can turn head left & right! 1st time so guai! My mum is complaining she have to lye beside her cannot go anywhere or else she start crying...carrying also dont wan! Luckily my bro at homethey take turn to lye beside her..so gotcha!

Back