(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

<font color="ff0000">Lenny</font>

Can share your gal's picture with me?
happy.gif

My son sometimes can talk alot of sense, sometimes he is very defiant. He will say, I will protect mei mei next time, change diapers for her, etc.. But the next moment, he will say, I beat mei mei, I don't like her.. OR Mummy can only love me. Hiazz.. kids at this age can make you laugh or cry at split seconds.

Btw, the Eu Ren Sheng Si Shen powder that you bought, is it to be added to the porride to be cooked together, or you just need to add it in and stir, no need to cook at all?

Lenny,
U will be surprise that my girl don't like dolls or big bears.... I have a brown colour bear which I ever showed her and wanted her to carry but she retreat and started to cry..... She is scare of the dark colour....

She is a very timid girl.... She will cry whenever these things happen: drilling wall, vacuum floor, grinding food/fruit juice, thunder...

But to my surprise she is not afraid of animals like dog or cat.... she will move forward to touch them when she sees them.....

sunshinekid,
How abt sharing yr boy's pic also leh....kekekekeke

Amanda,
My girl still can't talk yet leh...... She is still baby talking..... She will understand when her didi come to the world lor I guess.......

<font color="ff0000">bbcutie</font>

What's your email address? I don't have any recent pictures of him in the office, but at home, we took some pictures during his recent 3YO birthday, maybe I can send to you from home.
happy.gif

Hi Sunshinekid,

Sure , will pm you the links.

the EYS powder is cooked alone by itself, it looks like yam paste and we mix formula powder into it and some water. Needs to be cooked by stirring and adding water, got to trial and error to get the texture right the first few times. the price of this EYS brown rice keeps going up, I rememmbered in 2003 it was 7.30, now almost 9 bucks per tin.

Hi babycutie,

It's good that your gal loves animals - it shows she is affectionate and kind
happy.gif

Hi Amanda

I am a working mom, and have a domestic helper who looks after my gal since she was a baby.

Hi gals

Thanks for your well wishes! I'm discharged today.

Here's my birth story:

31 Dec
6pm Contractions started but very irregular

9pm Contractions became more regular at 5-7mins. But with the Christmas experience, decided to wait a while until cannot tahan.

1 Jan
12am Too painful. Decided to go hospital as people around are shouting 'Happy New Year'.

12.15am Only half cm dilated. Given enema and brought to labour ward. Hated the enema. The contractions and the effects of the enema made me felt like dying.

3am Asked for epidural when i was sure that no more shit is going to come out. Wow, instant pain relief and it's almost painless. Felt the shivers. Only 1cm dilated. sigh. My legs felt numb.

6am Still 1cm dilated. Cannot feel legs at all. Like they don't belong to me. When i touch them, they felt like sponge. Sianzz....

10am Gynae came and checked. 2cm. Broke my waterbag.

12pm Gynae came again. Only 4cm. She manually stretched my cervix to 5cm. Very sianzzz....

3pm Starting to feel some pain. Think the epidural is losing its efffects on me. Only 7cm dilated. Gynae came again and tried to stretch somemore.

5pm Only 9.5cm dilated. Still have a lip there. After repeated pushes, still cannot come out. Feeling terrible. Told my hubby I'm not getting pregnant anymore. Will adopt the next one.

6pm Gynae came, Push again. Finally gynae said, it's time for C-section. I've tried my best. Argh! Should have done it 18 hrs ago!

Got pushed to the OT with more epidural. Cannot stop shivering. Finally Caeden is out but coz I'm shivering, cannot hold him at all. Had to pass him to my hb.

The pd said he's like a full term baby! 2.8 kg! Bigger than estimated. Had a Perfect Apgar score of 10 after 5mins. Hehehe, so proud of him!

Now waiting for milk to come in. He's forever sleepy and very quiet. Had to wake him up for feeds. Hope my milk will come in quickly!

Mashy: U R GREAT!!!! wow.. ur story looks summarizes but seems like the pain is forever... but u had done a wondrful job.... Congrats on ur new born once again... Do take good care of urself ya....
happy.gif

mashy,
U r only 0.5cm away from natural birth, how come gynae decide on C-section?

Yr labour pain is abt 12hours.... I have a friend who suffer labour pain for 30hrs + leh....ended up also natural birth.......

Glad that Caeden is healthy at birth...... Take care...

hi Sunshinekid

Defiance is a trait that I want to subdued in my gal so that she will not be wilful, esp now that she knows that it is wrong to do a certain act, but she will do it and reason with me.

I have prepared a present for my gal, and this present comes from mei mei
happy.gif
so we are gonna give it to her when she visits me at TMC upon delivery.
She also include mei mei in her bedtime prayers.

Mashy,
Yippe, finally we hear from you. Wow, what an experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It must be a long waiting moments for you and hubby. But it is just worthwhile right??? Why did the gynae decided on C-section?

Can you send us some pictures of bb????

<font color="ff0000">Mickey</font>

You mean the Culture B Swap test? OH, just take a course of anti-biotics and you should be fine.

<font color="ff0000">lenny</font>

Thanks, will check it out.
happy.gif
My boy is very spoilt because he is the first grandchild to both set of grandparents. But indeed, he is totally spoilt by my PIL. My parents take care of him so they will discipline him somehow, but my PIL are the worst caretakers around. They indulge him to the extent of spoiling him and making him "crawl over their heads". And I cant say anything, if not they will think I am so strict with their grandson.

Hi Sunshinekid

You won't believe how absurb my inlaws are esp my FIL. He will ask her to "beat beat grandma, beat beat daddy" and allow her to do everything and told her "nevermind". Refused to install window grilles at his place and my gal has been going over there everyday for past 2 years.

the other day, FIL came and accuse me of spoiling my gal - he said I beat my gal and thus my gal learnt the beating action and said this is spoiling her. What nonsense.

hi mashy,

did u mention ur gynae decided a c-section on u? but y? u r dilated 10cm rite? so the c-section is an emergency? sorry that i ask too much qns.. but i am very scared of delivering... sent shiver dwn my spine whenever i tinkabt it..

Lenny,

You will be surprised. My son will beat us back when we beat him these days. I think he "misunderstood" that oh.. when Daddy/mummy are angry, they beat me. So likewise, when I m angry with them, I can also beat them back.

But you tell me, how else to teach a little child if gentle talking does not work?

Mashy
txs for sharing your birth story! ya, if i were u, i sure regret not gg for c-sec from the start instead of enduring so much pain! anyway, glad that Caeden is doing very well! u rest well and post pix of caeden for us to admire =)

mayb i also will end up like u regret if my induce is unsuccessful hehe i will CRRRRRRYYYY meh

mashy,

so good to hear from you.. anyways, after reading yr story.. i dun wan to give birth liao.. sounds so painful.. i told bulma maybe follow like her stop at one.. hahaha

Hi Feza!

Yar I've been buzy with my new house. Haven't shopped much for my girl's stuff yet can you believe. Gonna do it this weekend finally.

Yes, our girl is coming out soon too. I hope she will come out early as well. ;P The aching is terrible. My legs are like pig trotters nowadays.

mashy,
mothers really xin ku! Aiyoh, sounds like it was a really long and drawn-out experience. Well, it must be really wonderful to have Caeden out and in your arms already
happy.gif
Look forward to seeing his pics!

gingerale
u stil hvnt shop much for yr gal!!! u stil can shop ah? i cant shop liao... nowadays so tired even when stand...

my feet also swollen lk pig trotters =(

Hi girls
wow so many postings within a day ha ha :p I on leave today.

Weight increases 2.7 from 4 weeks ago. Then bb weight at 2.6kg. Gynae said bb is a little big. And asked him if there's anything i can do to minimise the weight increase. he told me it's natural, nothing i can do. But try not to eat for two but eat nutritiously for one. Then he told me estimated at full terms may be 4kg. Then i was like then can natural or not. He said will look at the situation then.

Everything okie. growth scan of bb also okie
happy.gif
And had a blood test to test if i am anaemic. Thank God i am fine. Did the swab test also...wow it's like the probe scan go inside vagina but then it's for afew secs...quite alright lah 2 wks later be the next appointment.

Hee hee during my waiting time, Gynae had to go and do a delivery and he came back about 1/2 hour later and his face was beaming with joy. Can feel that he is very happy when he deivered the baby....hee hee

Okie i also don't know when i am gng to give birth but hopefully after CNY first couple of days....let bb be born in the year of Dog
happy.gif

Mashy
You're brave and strong.......admirable...18 hours....shivering....side effects of epidural ah...Hmmmm wow your cervix sturbborn hor....but the thing now is CAEDEN IS OUT!!!! So all's worth it lah
happy.gif
Hee Hee looking at Him makes everything vanished right
happy.gif

Show us his pic soonz k....

Bulma

It's really difficult to walk now. Wading like a duck. But no choice leh. I just went to buy another pair of shoes. My 3rd pair cos my feet expanding. Damn ugly.

Etelle my weight increase alot this month. 5kg leh but my diet is the same. Dunno if it's cos of the water retention. Normally it's only 2kg every mth.

Gingerale
5 kg!!! Mmmm maybe really water retention?? What's ur weight increase so far? How heavy is ur bb??

Hi sunshinekid,

toddlers imitate beating actions. I cane her when talking and repeated instructions does not work because I do not want her to defy parental authority and to correct her on the spot when she did something wrong. It's a matter of challenging us (parents) authority when she refuse to heed our repeated warnings and if you give in once, she will really ride over your heads and gets worse. Dun wanna have her end up being spoilt rotten.

gingerale,

glad you are back.. you also bb girl huh.. same same.. yippeee!! my girl has another friend.. if you want, you can catch some of the mummies here on msn.. give me yr addy i add you in..

talk bout leg huh.. aiyo mine also same la.. i expanded so much man.. now leg is like short and broad.. all the toes like also.. so ugly..

at first i did nt buy much stuff for my girl also but after seeing the other mummies here so on buying bb stuff.. i also join in.. i m almost done.. coz now huh cannot even stand walking a bit .. easily tired and i now cannot sleep at nyte that kind..

mashy,
you are brave to go through all these.
happy.gif
You must rest well now and recover. Don't worry too much about your breastmilk supply, drink enough fluid and it should come.
happy.gif

now we all anxiously waiting for caeden's photo.
happy.gif

etelle,
I read that bb weight is now 2.7, four weeks ago is 2.6, not much increase? how come you said baby is big? sorry blur, cannot catch the line.

gingerale,
welcome back, you were missing for sometime. try to space out the time you go shopping. Not too good to rush now and get stress out. me too, my feet are getting swollen and luckily, before that I bought my shoes during pregnancy with this in mind, so far can still fit in.

Lenny,
think I agree with you on this issue. but some kids are just more challenging than others, and you won't know until they show it. I saw my sis struggling with her second daughter with this problem and until now at 16 years old, she still ocassionally want to try out mummy. I would say she is not spoilt rotten, but she just love to challenge authority when rules are not spell out clearly, as she always find loop holes here and there.
happy.gif

Hi mashy,

Was reading ur birth story.... I also feel that since you r 9.5 cm dilated liao... y still must C section leh? What is the diameter of Caeden's head at birth?

Now Caeden is out lioa... finally a great relief for u hor.... Glad that he is such a healthy boi.... Congrats!! Looking at Caeden must make u feel that all the efforts are worth it liao..... Mothers are v wei da leh...

Looking fwd to see Caeden's pic.....
kao_cheers.gif

Etelle, my weight is 15kg so far. My girl (Annalisa) is about 2.4kg 2 weeks ago. Everyone is saying my tummy is damn big and looks like a boy or twin. But I'm still thin in general leh and they keep asking me to eat more. So I don't understand where did the 5kg go. Will ask my gynae this sat.

Feza, Ah_may did your gynae said anything abt your feet? Mine just said if the calf is painful, it could be blood clot. So have to monitor for pain. Then others said I walk too much, or never walk enuff, too much salt. So many theories. ha.

Feza pm you my addy soon.

Etelle,
Wah!!! 4kg!!!! Sure or not??? That's gigantic bb leh..... If that's the case hor, u better tell yr bb to come out early..... if not u will have hard time pushing out...... U may need assisted delivery or even C Section leh......

Ah May,
Wow!! Yr bb 2.7kg? That's consider big for twins leh.... How many weeks r u now? My girl is 2.7kg at 36wks + when I gave birth to her and I was carrying only one woh....

babycutie
i also sua ku lk u hehe dunno wat is cozycot

etelle
my bb also v hugh .. thk will also hit 4kg if full term, dat's why gyn ask me induce bb out by wk 38.. else difficult to try natural. even by wk 38 my bb may b 3.5kg so also not sure i can mk it naturally or not lei... i so scare.. last nite i cry

gingerale
i also hear a lot diff thing abt swollen feet. pple say i walk too much, drink too less water or eat too much salt ... so also dunno which is which... but anyway gg to shen liao... so hack-care lah

This is mashy's hb. Here's what u guys have waited for
happy.gif

Presenting - Caeden

355402.jpg

mashy
caeden looks so adorable.. so much hair.... so my jarren is about tis size now lor... hehe caeden's photo mk me so excited to see jarren hehe

Hi bulma

Perhaps you might want to get a second opinion from another gynae about inducing baby because of the large size. I went through natural birth , not c-section for my baby gal despite her size. the weight is just an estimate, and could be off by 0.x kg. Using forceps or vaccum is ok for assisted delivery.

Abt swollen feet, a high salt content is one contributing factor, also, drinking less water actually makes the body retain water. I read somewhere that using salt water to tap the feet and legs would help to draw out the water .. wonder if it is true ? Read it in the forum from the massage lady.

Hi Sunshinekid

Oh, forgot to mentioned .. taking away priviledges that the child has does work wonders .. such as her favorite programs or treats when she is defiant :p It's a matter of who can outlast each other longer when it comes to such challenges.

Mashy
Thank you. Baby Caeden is so cute and adorable. Wow, he has lots of hair. His cheeks are very cute... gosh Bulma, i can't wait to see my bb girl too...

Can introduce Caeden to my bb girl...? he he he
happy.gif
You must be very happy. Congrats to both you and hubby for the arrival of bb Caeden.

We are all still waiting for our turn....waiting patiently.

Etelle
I hope to have my bb after CNY too.... year of Dog. Let's hope we pop after CNY ok.

Mashy
your darling boy Caeden is so adorable!!!!

venus
yeah ...hee hee :p my colleagues said be the first baby of CNY then can get 1k and free gifts somemore ha ha ha :p

Back