(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

mashybrainz

Hi! Anyone EDD in Feb?

Mine's in 1 Feb. Likely to be Jan baby though. But i thought what the heck, let's just start the thread rolling!

Hi mashy,
I'm here to join you liao.
happy.gif

Hello gals,

I'm here to report too..

Just book Dr.Fong Yang on 24th June..by the time, i shld b coming 8 weeks liao. 1st time seeing gynae, hope everything will be fine..

These few days, very paranoid..heard stories abt m/c, BB no hrtbeat etc..very worried.

How to tell if BB is not growing or watever??

Hello gals,

Me here to report too....
kao_happy.gif

Hi jasjas,

Dun worry too much... Sometimes the more u read the more scared u become.... For me, I dun know much so not that worried.....

Hi fan

I try not to tink too much...hope for the best on 24th june.

How many weeks liao? When is ur EDD?

Hi jasjas....

Me 5 wks.... my EDD is 14 Feb though gynae haven confirm the date cos waiting for scan on 1 Jul....

My first visit to gynae nothing much... jus some routine tests only... My gynae says in preg only need to do ultrasound three times, first during first three mths to see EDD and position, 2nd during 5 mths to see if everything OK, 3rd in 8 mths to see if it is growing...

U how many weeks liao?

Hi fan

This coming sat is 7wks..

Did ur gynae scan ur baby via V.scan/tummy scan OR she just check ur blood pressure etc?

For those who r abt 8 weeks pregnant. might be able to heard bb's heart beat. get ur hubby to listen to ur tummy when the environment is quiet cos the heartbeat might be soft.

Hi YL

Do u mean can actually hear the baby's hrtbeat by listening on my tummy??
Hmm..mayb can ask my hubby to try. =)

ya. that's wat i get my hubby to do every night. but i can't remember exactly when we can heard. i think it's around 8 weeks.

Hi jasjas,

My gynae jus take blood press, height, weight, urine test for sugar... then he did a breast examination.... that is all.... No scan.... Prob scan will be during the next appt.

hi jasjas,
when bb is big enuff to scan, I think gynae has a guideline on how big the bb must be at which week...
dun scare yourself with all the stories....

hi gals....me reporting 2......me c my gynac on 23 June, able 2 hear bb heartbeat then.....me ard 7 wks nw.....

hey everyone... am here to join the bandwagon too... ;)

I'm into my 7th week now...doc said my edd is likely to be on 2nd feb (+/- 10 days)...

I just did a scan 2 days ago...bb grew fast, bb is abt 8.2mm big now... heh heh... quite interesting...

I will try to ask my hubby to listen for bb's heartbeat tonite!~ =)

hi all..here to join too...saw gynae on 6th june right after two positive preg tests..hehehe a bit the kiasu..didn't do much for the first visit..just gave me an article to read about what food to avoid, do a scan, can't see anything yet.. going to see him on 20th june..hopefully can see more ..

i m joining in.. i m only in my 5th week.. went to the gynae today and was scanned but saw nothing yet.. did a urine test and i was positive.. can t believe it.. hopefully everything goes well...

Hi gals,

I will be six wks tomolo.... my first visit to gynae during 5th wk was nothing much... didnt do any scan... guess i will only do the scan at my next visit which is on 1 Jul.

Hi destitonia,

What are the foods that we shld avoid? How many wks are u now?

Hi,
I'm expecting my 2nd bb... due early Feb... definitely b4 the CNY...
happy.gif

Hope to meet some new mommies
happy.gif

Cheers,
@ndrea

Hi elmo

i just came back from church camp yesterday night. So tired.
sad.gif
Now my church knows i'm pregnant liao. kind of like 1 person spread to another and now most of them know liao.

Will be seeing my gynae today. Will update u gals later. Let me check the ttc thread to see what some of u have been up to. :p

elmo

scanned the ttc thread, didn't see any updates on your visit to gynae on fri. How was it? I got rashes in the church camp. Now my belly button itching like mad!

hi fan & for the rest of us..according to the article given to me, a few foods carry health risks. They are :
Liver and liver products: They contain vitA in the form of retinol which is linked to birth defects, also advised not to take vitA supplements unless advised by gynae

Foods containing unpasterised milk : They may contain high levels of listeria, which can cause miscarriage and stillbirth.

Raw egg products: Such as home made mayo
Raw meat and unpasterised milk: Can contain toxoplasma which causes blindness Also found in cat litter and soil. Wash fruit and veg and avoid handling cat litter trays.

Peanuts and other nuts: best avoided by women with a family history of allergy
Fish high in mercury: Avoid shark, marlin and swordfish. Eat no more than 140g of cooked tuna per week.

No more than 300 mg of caffaine per day, that's 4 cups coffee/6 cups tea.

I also dunno how many weeks I am. Went to see gynae yesterday, supposed to be 6 weeks, did scan but cannot detect heartbeat yet so gynae say I may not be 6 weeks yet. Baby is 20 mm. Seeing him in a week's time..hopefully eveything is fine..

Hi Ah Ger,
Dunno leh... my gynae told me CNY is 8 Feb next year...

Anyway, what would you like to know?
happy.gif
Though this is the 2nd bb, the experience is quite different... For one, I'm feeling more sick earlier and more often. With my first bb, I just didn't feel like eating very much... this time I actually feel nauseaus... terrible feeling... So I go around with a packet of sour plums! :D

One thing though, I keep up with the supplements. Take lots of folic acid. I had multi-vites, calcium and iron pills throughout my last pregnancy ... I was kinda low on iron. But after that, it was ok.

BTW, who's your gynae and where do you plan to deliver?

Cheers,
@ndrea

Hello all...
I am in my 4th week.... Still too early to visit gynae yet.

My EDD is 23 Feb 06. But I have guts feeling I will be 3 weeks early. My 1st birth was almost 1 mth in advance.

Hi gals

Just came back from my gynae visit. Baby's now 1.73cm!
happy.gif

And baby moved when we did the scan! So amazing! Hb commented bb's got a big head. wonder if that's normal.

mashy,
Its normal to have big head at the initial stage... The body will grow later and balance with the head... don't worry...

babycutie

thanks, now i more fang xing. dr talked to me abt whether i wanna take the NT scan or not to test for down syndrome. She says if don't intend to abort even if got down syndrome, don't need to do. So scared man. Hb against doing it, he said down syndrome also must keep bb. Don't know whether i can take it or not if that happens (God forbid!).

mashy,
I op for amnio for my girl and result is positive except she inherit my inverted chromosome 9.

This time round, I will op for amnio or NT scan also. We decide not to keep DS baby.

You have to think long term. Of course its very heartening to destroy but we will suffer in long run when bb comes out. How long can we take care of them? We will leave them one day and who is gonna take care of them? If the DS is mild then still ok but what if its severe one? There is no guarantee... You better discuss with yr hb. Ask him is he able to accept? Can he accept public gossip if he brings out DS baby? Also will there be a guardian to look after if one day both of you are not around anymore?

Every religion will forbid termination. But you must think for your future.

mashy,
Don't worry too much ok? Zoe had her 1st baby at 36 and the bb is fine. So will be yours. Be positive. Bu yao hu si ruan xiang...

babycutie

i asked my hb, and he's adamant abt keeping bb no matter what. amnio is dangerous coz' bb can miscarry. What if bb is perfectly healthy and miscarry becoz' of test? So for that test i'll have to consider hard. What's inverted chromosome 9? Does that mean your bb got DS? How old were u?

mashy: I think u can consider NT scan first, if it is high rish...maybe u can consider taking a blood test...which is non-invasive....but beware that amnio and blood test has high rates of false positives...u may end up worrying about nothing or killing a normal baby...

Hi all MTBs,
I think I am in my 5th week nw
will be gng for my 1st chk tomr

Mashy,
regarding keeping a DS baby,
it will be God's will
well, if is me, i will keep no matter what cos bb a gift frm God and they are all precious in His eyes
happy.gif

remember every life has a destiny by Our Lord
happy.gif

gd that ur hubby is having the faith
happy.gif

well, dun worry, God will bless u a healthy bb
happy.gif

Dr Eunice is christian, maybe u can ask her personal advise if u hv any doubt abt DS baby
happy.gif

Val

All the best for your check up tom! Let us know. We'll pray abt it. Hb said God will not let us have anything we aren't strong enough to bear. Very anxious, gotta pray pray pray.

Halo gals,

How's everyone?? Me gg to 1st gynae chkup this coming fri..So excited..hehe =P
But I hv nausea tis few days..terrible feeling..not much appetite. The moment I see food, like wana puke. Yuckss

YL,
I ask my hubby to hear BB hrtbeat on my tummy..At 1st, my tummy very noisy got alot of "water" sound..haha, finally he says heard, but very soft..something like " ti dok, ti dok" so amazing!!

Mashy, how many wks liao?? So amazing, u can see ur BB moving..
Tis Sat, me 8 wks liao

mashy,
Inverted chromosome 9 don't cause DS. I have inverted chromosome 9 too. I won't be here chatting if I am a DS baby
happy.gif
My girl inherit this chromosome from me. Go to A place to share yr bb photos and look at my girl. She is a normal kid.

I don't know how I got this. I could have inherit from one of my parents.

Also my hb has minor Thalessemia and I am normal. My girl should be normal cos so far she is growing very fine.

Jasjas,
*saiyang saiyang*.....
try to take small bite and small small meals if possible..... try crackers.... hope this help....

babycutie,
in your case, your gal will be normal. So, no worries... there's only a possibility that she would be a carrier.....

hi Andrea, my gynae is Mr Kee frm 1 of e clinic at Far East Plaza....hv nt decide any place 4 deliver yet....as tis is my 1st time.....dnt noe a lot of stuff.....wil b c him 2moro n find out e details frm him.....any advise????

hi gals....any1 exercise during e 1st 3months??? my friends told me nt 2 do any bt my gynac said it ok so long nt so tiring.....

recently eat a lot n dnt hv muc morn sickness...is it normal????

Hi Ah ger,

Some pple dun have any MS throughout their pregnancy....It really differs for every individual. For exercise wise, think swimming is OK.... Dun do any exercise that may subject u to falls or injuries.

Hi destitonia,

Actually u can cal how wks u r starting from the first date of ur last menses.. That date is day 1... then u can work out how many wks u are.

hi Ah ger,
try not to exercise too much until after 1st trimester...just in case...

I think it's fine...so long bb growing..... some people dun have much MS...

All MTB,

Do u feel hungry easily at 4-5 weeks? I feel hungry easily leh.... It's so different like my previous pregnancy...

Also hor there are so many nice maternity clothings around. Where can we find a comfortable shoe/slip on? We need a good & comfy pair of shoe leh.... Outside selling are all "ho kua bo ho cheng" (in hokkien) leh...

Hi fan, if calculate in this way, i'm more than 6 weeks liao..i ask my friend, she say must take into consideration the period of menses. so she say i most prob not 6 weeks yet.

Dear all,
We need to take into consideration the period of our menstrual cycle right? Cos if suppose a woman has a cycle of 45 days, she cannot be 5 weeks pregnant when she just conceived in maybe third week after the first day of her mense right? what is the most accurate way of calculating? confused...

Destitonia,

Usually we use LMP (Last Menses Period) to calculate.. So the week u r having ur menses is week 1, followed by 2 so on and so on. For eg, ur LMP is 1st May..den by now, u shld b 7 weeks 3 days

Back