(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Leng Leng
dun worry...I think I'll still go for the trial. Have been looking forward to it very very long liao. Dun wana be disappointed.
trf for the eoutlet4u spree lor...

fairymoss,
Jared had that kind of rashes you describe when first tried hard boil egg white. PD say give scramble egg instead. So i tried scramble egg no problem, now i add whole egg into his porridge also ok.

hi all dec mummies,
need some advise fm u gal. My boy is 1 year n 1weeks old already. I tried to change the milk powder from NAN 2 to GAIN for him but he cannot accept it cos him to diaherra ... Any advise wat brand did u give to ur bibi... Thanks ar

hi sunnysun,
my ger was on similac follow-on now on Gain IQ.

its advised that new milk powder has to be introduced gradually so that its more gentle on baby's tummy. what i did was 2 scoops similac 1 scoop Gain for a week then 1.5 similac, 1.5 Gain followed by 1 similac 2 Gain until finally fully on Gain after 3 wks.

diarrhoea is common if u suddenly change formulas like that. im not sure if you can mix NAN and Gain though, cos similac and Gain from same manfacturer.

perhaps u can call hotline to enquire.

sunnysun,

Oh...my son is going to Gain IQ soon. U mean it's not well tolerated? DS has been on Similac follow-on, birth till 6mths is tbf, so now changing to Gain once the similac finish. Did you try the titration method to get your gal accustomed to Gain before switching her completely to Gain? If the diarrhoea does not persist, think should be ok. You feed her more fluids and monitor her condition. Call her doc for advice if you feel more at ease.

Liewliansoh/Lengleng,

Declan better today after 2 doses of anti-histamine yesterday. Not as swollen, face rashes disappeared but eyes still puffy. Called up pd, it's food allergy and was advised to delay MMR till 2yrs.

Any of you bringing your tods to chickenpox jab at 14mths?

Hi sunnysun,

My son was on Nan2 and i had switch to Neslac 1+ original for his milk and he is ok with it. My son got sensative intestine so dun dare to change brand for him

hi mummies, thanks for the advises. Aiya, initally my boy took NAN2 and i did not mix it cos not sure whether NAN can mix with GAIN or not cos like 2005 mentioned is diff manufacturer. The first 2 days was ok but after that start diarrhoea. Then i brought back NAN2 n mix with 1 scoop of GAIN. 1st day was ok but 2nd day cannot liao.
Sunnyling, initally i wan to buy neslac 1+ for him too. My gf la, tell me that the lousiest milk powder then i dun dare to buy lor. End up yesterday still decide to give a try but this morning still diahahoea twice.
*HEADACHES* anyway took half day n bring him c the paed and at the same time take the MMR jab.... Thanks ar mummies...

Hi sunnysun
My son was on Enfapro before i switched him to Gain IQ, and he was also having soft stools. So i called him Abbott to inquire.. The nurse says it will cause soft stools for a week or so.. and we must intro them the way that 2005 mentioned..

But after a week he is still having soft stool so now i changed him back to Enfagrow and he is ok.. so maybe my son is not suitable for Gain IQ..

Mommies..i think Gain IQ can cause some soft stool coz they contain pro-biotik which is actually good for digestive system...but of course that's what I think :). my boy was ok with Gain IQ..but he had diarhea when i changed to Gold Mamil...so i think ti's up to every baby suitability.

hi mummies,
some of my gfs' babies also experienced loose stools when switch formula but this is normal unless persist for more than a wk. introduce using the titration method is advised. hazel has no problem with Gain cos i gradually increased amt over 3-4 wks.

sunnysun,
MMR can take at PD? tot hafta go polyclinic... how much is the jab?

mummies,
now dat our dahlings have turned 1, mind sharing ur babies' schedules? any major changes?

ill start the ball rolling...

7am 6oz milk
830am Nap (1hr)
10am 2oz milk
1115am Porridge
1230pm Nap (1.5 - 2hrs)
3pm 5oz milk
530pm Porridge
815pm 5oz milk
830pm bedtime

hazel has started walking unaided (aldou not v sure-footed yet) around xmas time. so she spends much of her wake time walking ard the hse and playyard. she doesnt want to be carried anymore except to sleep. i hv also introduced barney and hi-5 dvds at intervals... how does ur baby spend the day nowadays?

Hi 2005, congrats on Hazel joining the walkers-club! Now we have Hazel, Muj's gal, Jared, RJ, Gezann and Shanice in the club. We're all busy mummies chasing after them now, especially outside when they want to walk on their own, but yet not safe for them to walk alone yet.

Shanice's schedule:
7am: Wake-up and latch-on (during weekends, she will wake at 8+am and sacrifice the next nap)
830am: sleep (40 mins)
930am: 150ml milk + breakfast
1130am: sleep (1+ hour)
1pm: POrridge
3+pm: sleep (40 mins)
4pm: 120ml milk
645pm: POrridge
9pm: Latch-on and bedtime

During her free hours, my mum will bring her out for walks or let her play. During weekends, we bring her out, either outdoor or shopping centres.

Happy New Year again to all mummies~~

For wkends my boy's schedule:
7am - 240ml milk
930am - few scoops of oatmeal / sometime biscuits
12noon - 1 bowl of porridge
4 or 5 pm - 160 to 200 ml milk
630 or 7pm - 8 scoops cereal + 2 cubes vege purees
9pm - 160 or less milk
930pm bedtime

My boy still likes to crawl alot.. climbing up and down of the sofa, playing with his toy cars. Walking by holding on to the coffeetable of cabinet. He also doesnt want to be carried, unless he knew you are bring him out for gai gai. He don't like to stay in his cot for too long. He likes to explore... Occasionally, we will let him watch some vcds, if not most of the time he likes to watch tv commercials and crawlling under the dining table while we are having our meals.

On good days he will nap twice a day, once in AM once in the PM. If not the most he will nap only in the afternoon for about 1-2 hrs.

My boy's schedule:
7am - 210ml milk
845-9am - Breakfast (depend got what at home)
9:30 - 12:00 (1 1/2 hour to 3 hours nap depend)
12noon - Porridge
3 to 3:30 - 3 - 5 oz of milk (depend his mood)
3:30 - 5:30 - (1 to 2 hour nap depend)
530 or 6pm - porriage
830-9pm - 4 - 6 oz milk (Depend his mood again)
sleep after milk.
930pm bedtime

He still duno how to walk neither he want to crawl. can only stand with support

Walkers-club heh heh...

Besper started to tod at 11.5mths,
now, he's walking already.
happy.gif

7.30 5oz milk
8.30 breakfast (bread, biscuit, cheese)
10.30 5oz milk
10.30 - 11.30 nap (sometimes 1 hr-1.5hrs)
12.00 porridge (1 bowl)
3.00 5oz milk
3.00-5.00 nap
5.30 porridge (1 bowl)
8.30 - 9.00 7-8oz milk
9.30 bedtime

Mostly play wt his toys, watch VCD, walk ard the hse, play hide n seek wt maid...hold his books but not reading...wanting to eat whatever ppl eat...or cos watch TV wt mummy in the evening

hi mummies,
thks for the response. seems like the dec babies have good apetites!

meixue,
hazel hasnt started walking outdoors cos we havent been going out often these 2 weeks as she fell sick. so shes just walking ard the hse.

i need advise on shoes. is shanice using soft or hard-soled shoes? hazel has 1 pair of soft-soled shoes but she hasnt tried walking in them. she loves to pull them out whenever i put them on though. what kinda shoes are easy to wear yet stays on? i love those mary janes and ballerina pumps!

EnEn's schedule; -
730am/8am: Wake Up
8am/830am: Breakfast time!
10am: Fruit Juice time!
1030am: Nap for an hour or so
12pm: Lunch time!
1230pm: Nap for 1.5 to 2 hours
3pm: 5oz milk (sometimes will skip if he naps longer)
530pm: Dinner time!
830pm: 6oz milk
845pm: Good nite & sweet dreams..

EnEn so far can walk 2-3 steps at times when he didn't realised, but as soon as he realised it, he will crawl on the floor again.. He loves walking around our bed by holding on to the quilt cover, exploring our bedside table, drawers/cupboards, and walk by putting his hands on the joining walls from room to room.. sometimes i will leave him alone with his toys while i do prepare for his porr or get ready for his pom pom..
happy.gif

2005, i let shanice wear her bobux soft-soled shoes outside. so far ok. prob will change to hard-soles once she outgrows them.

my rayden schedule:-

6am - 240ml milk
7.30am - bath
9am - cereal
10am -nap (1hr)
12pm - porridge
3pm - 240ml milk and sleep for 2hrs
6pm - porridge
9pm - milk and after that sleep

My rayden like to crawl very much...but still very lazy to walk...only one or two step and he will crawl back....can stand without support for only about 10s at most...he know how to say: papa, mama, baba, ball, moo and baby talk alot which i dun understand.... =) but very amusing to hear him baby talk.... =D

Zach also like to crawl very much and also very lazy to walk but he can stand without support for quite long time. When he's in the play pen he will stand n not sit down. He will pick up the toy in the play pen then stand up n play and when he wana change another toy he will bend down n take it then stand up again.

Megan's schedule:

7am: wake & bath
7.45am : 260ml + breakfast
9.30am : nap (1.5hrs)
12noon: lunch (rice / pasta)
2.00pm: 150ml
2.30pm: nap (1.5hrs)
5pm: dinner (rice / pasta)
7.30pm: 240ml + goodnite

Some days when we are outside, she will skip the afternoon naps, then she will go to sleep at 7pm instead of 7.30pm.

Megan is still walking with support and crawling.
She plays on her own and she watches the French children programmes (in AM) and CNN (not much English channels here).

my ger schedule

6.30am milk continue to zzz
8.30 wake up breakfast
11.30 porridge
1.30 milk 210ml sleep for 2 hrs
4.00 snack time
5.00 playground time
6.00 dinner
8.30 nite nite

in between..she likes to mess the house,hide and seek and chasing with koko or just simply fool around. she also loves to watch bobs the builder, hi-5 and barney.

2005..my ger now already use the hard sole one from bata. you could switch from the soft sole once they could walk longer and stable. nowadays she just loves to wear her shoes coz means going out. sometime even when we are at home, she would go and grab her shoes and shove it to me.

mommies..anyone keen for another round of high-tea?

Hi Sandy,
my boy having the soft stool since christmas. Yesterday went to the Paed, he asked me to change to Enfralac LF for sometime and switch back to normal milk powder when he totally recovered.

Hi 2005,
I think polyclinic n other pte clinic do have MMR jab. My Paed (kidlink @ CCK) charges at $80++ (abit costly compare to other clinic). Yesterday my boy did not take the MMR cos he is not well. Have to wait till he recover.

Hey mummies,
I read the schedules for ur boy and gals. WOW ... they actually sleep through the night now ar. My boy still wake up in the middle of the night once for milk.

My Megan's schedule:

7.30 210 ml milk
9.00 bath
10.30 1 hr nap
11.30 lunch (porr)
2.00 180 ml milk
3.30 1.5 hr nap
5.00 dinner (porr)
6.00 bath
8.00 210 ml milk
8.30 goodnite

Don't think she is a big eater but she weights 11 kg at 1 year old! Not too sure about her height though.

Straycats, your megan really eats a lot!!

SC,
seldom see your postings these days? how are u and megan doing?

megan sleeps so well! she can sleep thru almost 12 hrs in the nite plus 2 naps in the day. wish i can have more baby-free time. if hazel slps too well during the day she'll usu wake up in the middle of the nite v alert and want to play! she slps best when she gets ard 3 hrs of day-nap and goes to bed ard 9pm. she cant do wivout day-naps though she will get very cranky at dinnertime.

wad kinda rice does megan eat? she eats v well too. hazel still cant chew well. she has 6 half-grown teeth...

meixue/ muj,
i c. thks. will start hunting for soft shoes 1st then.

sunnysun,
thks for the info. wad abt polyclinic? MMR jab is FOC?

mummies,
i was tinking of organising an activity where babies and mummies can mix and mingle. anyone interested in free-play gym session? then i can call and check the rates and book the gym all to ourselves!

Happy New Year to all Mummies and Babies!

Here's Aidan's schedule:
7am: wake up and 210ml milk
7.30am: fruit and cereal breakfast
8am: bath time
8:30am: nap time (1-2 hours)
11am: porridge lunch
1pm: nap time (1-2 hours)
3pm: 210ml milk
6pm: porridge dinner
7pm: bath time
7:30pm: 150ml milk and bedtime

Aidan can only walk with support and hasn't attempted to walk by himself. I will be sending him to a weekly class MyGym soon.

These few weeks has been very busy. I have a new maid, luckily Aidan likes her. I am also expecting #2, so very tiring time for me. I hope I can cope with 2!

meixue and fluffy - thanks!

My EDD is mid-July and this is planned. I am a SAHM (sort-of), I have a small business on the side.

Happy New Year to all Mummies and Babies as well!

Aron's schedule:

(Weekends)
Timing sometimes go way off.

7am: wake up
7.30am or 8am: latch on and breakfast (bread, nestum, cookie, conflakes, etc)
Between 830am to 930am: bath time
9:30am: milk (sometimes dun want to drink)
9:30am or 1030am: nap time (1 hour)
12pm: porridge lunch
2.30m: 180ml milk (usually cant finish)
2.30 or 330pm: nap time (1-2 hours)
5 or 6pm: porridge dinner
7pm: bath time
9 or 9:30pm: 180ml milk (usually cant finish) + latch on
Between 9pm to 1030pm bedtime

Hi mummies,

Happy new year!!!

Gezann's schedule:

7.30am 180ml max
follow by light breakfast
9.00am bath time
11am lunch
12.30pm nap - 2hours
3pm 180ml max
5or6pm dinner
9-9.30pm 180-200ml, bedtime

Nowadays she takes 1 long nap, if afternoon nap is 1hr, she will take evening nap for another hr.

Sandy, Megan and Leng Leng - thank you!

Leng Leng - I'm in the candle business (www.mooink.com). My candles are now being retailed at Barang Barang outlets. I also do candle rentals for weddings and events. Now with #2 on the way, I want to slow down a little as this is taking a lot of my time, esp during the year-end.

Jenny
congrats! revert to u on the Aquaducks trial soon.

I'm very interested in the free-play gym session. pls update me. thx

Thanks for asking, Megan & myself are doing fine over here..although it can get quite boring at times. But I enjoy watching her grow and I like sitting beside her and watch her play.

She sleeps well and she cannot stay up pass 7.30pm. She can do without her naps if she wants to, but I rather she naps..cos more free time for myself.

She is taking steamed rice , she hates porridge.

Taka
Kekeke..my megan does eat well but still not as big size as your Megan leh...I think her appetite takes after her papa
happy.gif

Jenny,

Congrats!!

Mummies, want to check with you, is your baby still cries alot these days? Is there a single day they don't cry at all?

berlin,
i tink gezann's apetite is the closest to hazel. she can never go beyond 180ml oso. the rest of the babies can eat alot!

taka,
ur megan is amazing!

hazel doesnt cry much these days. more like cry out of frustration when she cant get wad she wants, rather than upset like when she was an infant. i wld tink she shouts more than she cries.

SC,
wah megan can eat rice ah. once in a blue moon i'll give hazel a few grains she will chew chew chew and then spit out.

now dat hazel can walk i enjoy watching her play more. last time must carry all the time, look after her 1 hr i tired liao. now this energiser bunny can walk around the room for more than an hr each time, i just hafta be eagle-eyed i find it less tiring and more interactive.

Taka

Megan does not cry much, unless she is sleepy however, she very uncomfortable among new faces.

The rice is very soft after I steamed it..I let her try most foods that are safe and eatable and let her decide..if she does not want it, I let her be..sometimes, she even refuses to eat her lunch when we are outside
happy.gif

Good to hear that you are enjoying being a SAHM and good to hear that Hazel is walking
happy.gif

I am coming back early Feb, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Megan does not walk till she is back in SG, I dont want to chase after her for 20+ hours cos I have 2 flts to catch, 2 internal shuttle bus to take and 2 airports to go to.......can die.

Congrats to Jenny!!!...

Am also thinking of when to plan for #2... =P but as I am working, so dunno can cope if have #2 and who to take care of #2 is another prob.... =(

Mummies
Good news! these few days my mom cook porridge for Zach coz he refused to eat his fav cereal. And I'm so happy to see him eat his porridge. And also tried feeding him Si Sen though abit refuse but I'll try again. Not trying to exaggerate but I feel like crying when I see him eating his porridge coz I'm so worried when he doesn't eat and only drinks milk.

taka
Zach cries and make alot of noise every single day. If tat day he did not...I think I can go buy 4D liao. Hes super cranky these few days prob bcoz of teething (4 teeths coming out) and recently he also has stomach distention

kuikwan
gd tt Zach eats the porridge. I know how stress it can be when they refuse to eat. I had problem feeding Justin last week when he refuse to eat his meals.

My megan is amazing? you mean her size? Hopefully after 1 year old she will grow taller but not rounder
happy.gif

Kuikwan,

I can understand how you feel during meal time. I have been struggling with Megan during her meal time and it took at least 45 min for me to feed her and a lot fo times she couldn't finish her porr. But things have improved, may be she is getting used to my porr and can finish within 30 min
happy.gif

Jenny,
Congrats to your #2.. on the way.

I have the same problem as happyGal29, wanted to plan for #2, but will be a headache who will be looking after #2.. so now will take a step at a time.

Taka,
Yang2 will cry only when my mil didnt bring him go downstairs walk walk. He will cry when i came back from work, carry him for less than 1 min put him down.. he will protest... other than that is he will cry when he dont get what he wants.. headache..

Back