(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Hi Love

Congrats!
happy.gif

Hi babykhoo

I think to discipline our bb is abit too early now. Now is their curious stage and they naturally want to explore every thing. I read a book by Gina Ford on Problem Solving for 1st 3 years and she mentioned that we are suppose to childproof our house so that bbs can explore on their own without getting No-No here and there.

At this stage, they will not understand what are dangerous even we explain to them. To much "No" is also no good for our child growth.

Having said that, I find it difficult to child proof my house leh.. kekeke

Hi SP

Have hh recovered liao. Mine did. Took leave yesterday find her ok liao. As naughty and active as ever.

hi zen,
oh one tomato seems quite a lot..so far i've not given my boi tomatoes..mostly carrots n pumpkin. many ppl tell me it's a blessing dat bb enjoys his food n likes to eat, so i shd be thankful..and also if they do fall sick, their extra wt will help them to "dong" for a while..so i try to look on the bright side lor..but i juz find it so tough to carry him esp when he struggles, he always arches his back, or when changin his diapers, always tryin to roll/crawl away..haiz..so hard to press him down..enzo not short lei..they may suddenly shoot up, nvr know!!

Congrats, Love..nat look so sweet!

so far i hv difficulty peepin into my boi's mouth to see his teeth..so difficult to pry open! feels like openin an oyster lidat!! he juz doesnt like it..wat methods u mommies use har to make yr bbs kuai kuai open their mouths?

babykhoo, i tink they probably wont understd "corporal punishment" at tis stage lei..but i find dat if i look realli fierce n firm, my boi will pause n look at me for a while then stop the "notti" thing dat he was doing..but after a while he will continue again..haiz..i tink they r at the bz exploring stage la..curious to everything..my boi's fav "notti" thing now is to pull out all the tissues fr the box tear them n throw ard or eat them..and play n drop the remote controls/phones..*pengz*..

tomatoes, oh..yet to childproof my plc..muz start doing it soon....some ppl suggest keep all the coffee tables, decorative stuff etc..wat abt kitchen???

tomatoes,
thanks, hh's fever has subsided since yesterday morning. now left with his dry cough, seems to be getting worse
sad.gif

timie,
I wait till he laugh with his mouth open big-big then quickly look inside...

re: discipline
how to do it ah? I scold him look fierce but he'll smile or laugh at me one leh, then I no more heart to repeat. when he takes things that he not supposed to, I'll hold out both my palms and ask him to give it to me, he'll let go one.
happy.gif

zen... I remember reading somewhere that things like tomatoes and carrots try and give on alternate days rather than everyday... so as not to give the skin a yellow tinge.

As for height.... not sure how tall my boy is now. But he was 72 cm at 9 months old. Haven't measured him again since then.

Love... congrats!!!

So far my boy's set of teeth has been ok. Came out straight. But his two upper front teeth has a bit of space in between.

re: discipline

i guess u r all right. our bb all still dont know wat and why, jus wan to explore explore. bt i scared tat if jus let her have her way and give her freewill all the time will spoil her n it'll b harder to instil dicipine next time.
like most of u i oso cant hold my fierce look for long.....cos she'd look at me intently with her big eyes then i buay tahan liao. then my hubby try to "growl" at her to act like fierce fierce like tat.......but in the end no use cos she learn how to "growl" and now trying to scare us with her "growls" when she don't wan to do someting. really bo pian!!!!
motherhood is hard!!!!!

Hi babykhoo

Your bb so cute. You are right. Everytime I give her the fierce look, she will still smile at me. Then I also buay tahan and heart soften liao....

Hi Mummy out there

What diaper are your baby using ?Mine is using fitti?Any idea besides during promotion at NTUC I can get a good deal, whereas can I get it at a good price? Thanks and have a good long weekend....

Rgds,
Joy

hi joy747, i have been changing the diapers that my bb is using since she was born, have used the following:

- Drypers: started off using this... is good most of the time, but i realised when she poo, the poo tends to leak out

- Petpet: changed to using this as friend recommend that it's good. Tried and not bad... but realised that sometimes urine will leak out, even though diaper not very wet :S

- Fitti: after Petpet, changed to using Fitti, so far so good... but i find that it's quite difficult to find in supermarkets/hypermarkets leh... i am buying the premium one (i think), it's the one with the packaging that is non-transparent one... i know there's one other one that is transparent one... anyone knows what's the diff in quality?

- Pampers (Dry), not the premium one but the one that is in red packaging... find that not bad as well

- Pampers (Premium - fit & dry), have always been using this one for night time... find it good... but pricey lor, that's why use at night only :p

that's all, anyone has any other experience on other diapers and what works for their babies?

hello mommies..lookin forward to the long wkend..hee..

i've been using petpet all this while for daytime and switch to mamypoko for nite..recently i oso tried using nepia for nites..but find dat it always leaks..so still prefer MP..i've heard dat huggies is quite good..any mommies using it? so far only tried fitti newborn once..its quite good..is fitti abt same price as petpet? i normally get my diapers from giant..some say sheng siong quite cheap?

Hi Babykhoo

U finish ur marking already??? My Nat also not scared of me...but when my mum just mentioned beat beat then she will start to cry haha....but when I smack her buttock she will cry lar....and she will cry louder n louder...

joy,

currently we using
mamypoko: all time favourite, for going out and nite use
babylike: day use, comfy but absorption so-so

tried:
drypers: poor fit for hh & absorption so-so
sealer: slightly better fit & absorption
Giant: absorption good, but its plastic covering makes it very hot

hi mummies,
question... what kind of finger food are you giving ur babies?
currently the only things that i give my bb as finger food is only biscuits lor (those star-shaped biscuits and the baby-mummy biscuit), dunno what else can i give her leh, scared she choke also...

Plim

Maybe cherio?I just went sheng song to check out fitti, they sell the lower end type....Am still supporter of fitti...cos has got alovera abd us cheaper than mummy poko

discipline

I will say "no no" to warn her not to do something. At first, she will start crying when she hears that. no choice lah - cannot immediately cave in. Otherwise, she will not fear the boundaries. So I let her cry a bit before picking her up and finding something else to entertain her.

Nowadays, she will just stare at me when I tell her "no". But she will usually turn away and go do something else.
happy.gif

hi love,

long time no talk. how u doing? yeap i finished my marking on monday.....phew!!!! finally. had 1 week of sleepless nites. now my bio clock upside down liao cos every nite wake up at 2-3am to give nite feed then continue marking till go school lor. now busy preparing report books and typing in remarks. it never ends. i thinking of going for the open posting next week. feel like changing school liao.

finger food:
i give lots of fruits and oso biscuits. finally managed to buy the american brand cherio last week at cold storage...had been looking for it for months but always sold out. its much healthier than the nestle brand cherio cos very very little sugar. can taste the difference. i think as long as the food soft and can melt in her mouth then wont choke lah.

diapers:
i now using huggies in the day and drypers drypants at nite. but i dont like the normal drypers. from birth we let tabitha use the drypers but i find that the sides always cut her leh, make until very red. so i stop using. find huggies much better and more comfy for her. but the drypants is good cos wont leak and wont cut her.

hi babykhoo,
is the cheerio "meltable" in the mouth? I kinda remember it being quite hard. or is it only soft after being soaked in milk? if it is safe for babies, would like to get it too so that she cn practice her pincer grip.
happy.gif

speaking of childproofing - my coffeetable corners are becoming quite a hazard. Has anyone tried the safety first corners? looks v ugly on the furniture leh..
sad.gif
but got no place to keep coffee table elsewhere.

Hi babykhoo

My papers just ended this week....but managed to finish marking by wed...so now waiting for the rest to finish then can prepare the report book....

dun mind me asking where r u satyin?? north south east or west??

Nat also once in a while will wake up at 4 5 am den refused to sleep but thats like once in a while....I let her drink mamil nite and it works....her last feed will be between 9pm-10pm den her next feed will be at abt 6am-7am....its really my saviour...since every morning I got to wakes up at abt 545am..

Hi mummies,

any1 have idea how to cook those grinded brown rice from medica hall more effectively???? I tried 2 times but failed. they either stick together or burn... bad cook hah..

hi love,

i'm staying in sengkang.....around here dont have good schools leh. so thinking of going for open posting or jus apply to my Alma Mata...but Alma Mata abit far from sengkang...its near town around leh. So thinking hard hard. Alma Mata may be a good choice cos plan to put Tabi in that school in Pri 1 (my Alma Mata got pri and sec on same campus) so then it'd be easy for me to take care of her oso. dont know how leh.........abit confused. some more i v daring jus applied for the Master of Education (English), starting in Jun. wah........so many things on my plate....headache. lucky maid jus came in yesterday so hopefully after orientating her abit things will be easier for me alittle.

hi tuffy,

cheerios do melt in their mouth....will melt in their large amt of saliva wan lah. my gal will oso chew with her front teeth n she enjoys picking them up on her own then eat. oso cn give her bread, jus tear up into small pieces then let her pick on her own from plastic bowl. tabi enjoys sitting on the floor with her plastic bowl and eating on her own. she'd pick one piece then go crawl around the house then come back eat another then off she goes again. bt i have to watch her cos sometimes she too excited then will put 1 in her mouth then quickly take another 1 but wont eat the 1 in her hand yet...but will hold the food and crawl all over the place...then make the whole floor so sticky.

bbrayan,

do u use slower cooker? i find slower cooker better cos i oso tried cooking in a pot, its definitely faster but i oso dont know how to control the fire leh. slower cooker dont hve to worry at all. maybe u din put enuf water tats y sticky or maybe fire too high tats y burn. my mum say water boil already mus put to lowest fire then watch and stir constantly.

babykhoo

sengkang got a school call chiau nan or nan chiau right?school under the hokkien clan...good to go for higher education...see I only stopped after a degree, did not make use of it somemore....

rgds,
joy

Hi babykhoo,

tks for the infor.. do you boil the water in the slow cook 1st then stir in the brown rice b4 putting the pot back into the cooker???

Hi July mummies

How are all your baby doing? Hey, wonder, at this age, that is around 10 months, falling sick for three times in the last three months, is it a lot?

hi bbrayan,

for me i mix white rice and brown rice. only the brown rice is in powder form. i 1st put white rice with tap water in slow cooker and let boil. once boil then add in the brown rice powder cos powder take less time to cook. mix together then cook somemore.

Hi, mummies, how was Mother's Day celebration yesterday?
happy.gif

joy,
my hh has gone to see doc 3 times in past 2 weeks. his dry cough has become cough with phlegm, sigh.

Aedann was sick 3x in past 3 mths?

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaquen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>love</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natalynn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joy747</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aedann</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi babykhoo

Glad to know that your maid has arrived. Hope she can relieve some stress from you. Me has plans to move house but was thinking the next area that I move in, I must also take into consideration the schools available for my bb.

Can you tell me more where to find the american cherios from cold storage? Is it in the cereal section? Brand? Thanks.

I also want to train my gal to hold her own food and eat. She is now rather dependable on us to feed her. Terrible habit.

hi, tomatoes,
so far the only finger food safe for my hh is bread, other than that we will either feed him by spoon or hand. sometimes when we feed by hand but didn't put the food all the way in, he'll use his fist to push the food in, hehe.
happy.gif

Sp

I did try to let her eat bb biscuit on her own but she just put bit half of the biscuit and eat. I scare she will choke leh... as I seems quite big piece when she bites.

sp

u give yr bb wat bread? wholemeal is it?
i remember the other time that both of us dunno wat is softmeal.. hehe

sp

u give yr bb wat bread? wholemeal is it?
i remember the other time that both of us dunno wat is softmeal.. hehe

tomatoes,
my mum got give biscuit to hh once, he took it &amp; whack-whack-whack it on the floor, hahaha. After that he tasted it, but only ate less than half of it.

Giselle's top teeth out already? My hh's 2 upper front teeth just started showing.

nur,
yep, wholemeal. u also?

Sp

My gal's upper teeth showed 3. Haven't fully grown yet. But hor, I think there's gap in between them... I very worry now. Scared her teeth is ugly.

tomatoes,
don't worry, ok, as long as got teeth is better than bo geh, hee. I find all babies are cute regardless of how their teeth looks like, or maybe it's just me lah.
happy.gif

hi tomatoes,

cheerios can find in cereal section. but very hard to find. only those "ang mo" super market sell. neighbourhood cold storage usually sell out fast. i went back 1 week after i bot the cheerios, hoping to buy somemore, but whole shelf empty liao. can try to go places like Jelita cold storage or Jasons super market in orchard. Think neighbourhood cold storage stock up less cheerios, those in "ang mo" neighbourhood may stock up more thats y easier to find there.
u can try put 1 piece on your palm and let bb take from there first. in the beginning tabitha will use all her fingers to grab the biscuit then put her whole fist into her mouth. but i make her drop the biscuit again and hold her fingers to teach her how to use the pincer grip. had to do that a few times then she manage to do on her own.
i'm sure once ur bb know her can feed herself he'll enjoy it very much.

bread:
i used to give tabi gardenia whitebread. but i've since change to buying those old fashion bakery bread (neighbourhood shops). i usually buy in the morning, fresh out from the oven. i find these type of bread much softer. only thing is can't keep as long as gardenia bread, i usually keep for only 2 days then whats left either i eat or hubby eat or throw away.

Hi babykhoo

Thanks for teaching me on the pincer grip. My bb likes to grab the biscuit and put most of the food and fingers in the mouth. That's why very scared to let her eat on her own. But I dun teach her, she will never learn.

Ok, I will try find the ang mo cheerios. So does Tabitha put the whole cheerio in her mouth or she will bite abit 1st using her front teeth?

hi babykhoo,
was trying to find the cheerios in cold storage, but din even find anything at all... i remembered i used to see it... but not sure if it's the 'ang-mo' brand u mentioned... will try to find it again...

re: pincer grip
my bb can grip using pincers, but i noticed that when she put the food in her mouth, she will tend to put the whole fist in... and also, at times, when the finger food is still in her hands (after pushing in the whole fist and taking out the fist), she does not seem to know that... hahaha... wa, nowadays, i give her biscuits, she will very quickly put into her mouth liao... she used to eat 1/5 of the baby bites biscuits (that comes 2 pieces in a pack), now she can finish all at one time :S

hi tomatoes,
tabi puts the whole cheerio in. it's actually quite small so its safe. she'd suck it abit then chew it when its abit moist. heard from my neighbour tat good to let bb chew things cos help make their gums and teeth stronger.

plim,
cheerios only got 2 types, 1 ang mo brand another is Nestle. Nestle brand is much sweeter....hehehe i know cos i tried both. i oso give tabi baby bites. i realise i have to watch her when she's nearing the last part of the bites cos once the piece is small enough for her mouth she'd stuff the whole thing in.....n her mouth not v small u know. when she do tat i have to stick my fingers into her mouth n pull out the chunk of bites cos she'd choke lah.

hi babykhoo... oh, so the cheerios u mentioned is an ang mo brand... ic... i actually went to supermarket yesterday and bought the Nestle brand, thinking that is it :p... guess my husband and i will have to finish that then... kekeke...

do you remember what is the exact brand name of the ang mo brand that you were mentioning?

for the baby bites, i never dare to give her the whole piece, i break it into smaller pieces to give her, even so, i find it a bit big and i expect her to bite into smaller pieces for the mouth... but same think like ur tabi lor, she will put the whole thing in it... and i can see her trying to close her mouth and melt the biscuit in it... hahaha... first time, i tried to stick my fingers into her mouth to pull out the big piece, but subsequently i just watch her, just to make sure she won't choke...

Hi plim and babykhoo

My bb worse, yesterday I put some biscuits in a plastic bowl for her to take. She doesn't know at all and just topple the whole bowl. When I put the biscuits in her hand, she will take away her hand and refuse to hold/grip. Then in the end i have to feed her. But I noticed when she wants more, she will grab my hand (w biscuit) and pull my hand to put the biscuit in her mouth.

My bb depends on her mood. Sometimes she will hold her own biscuit and eat, and at times, she will insist that I feed her. I really want to train her to eat her own finger food.

hi mummies,

Last Sun, my mum gave hh rice with soup, tofu &amp; pork to makan, hee.

So far we have not bought biscuits for hh, but he got 2 packs of Nestle biscuits, 1 from my mum's friend, 1 from PD.

sp, oh, wow, rice with soup, tofu and pork? how hh makan? he just chew on all those food? or is the food mashed up already?

nowadays when i take dinner, i will give my baby 2-3 grains of rice to munch on... initially, she will take long time to munch on those 2-3 grains, now she do it pretty fast :p

how soon can we start giving them the rice as proper dinner? or they should continue to hv porridge? anyone any idea?

hi, plim,
the tofu &amp; pork were mashed up, saw him chewing a bit but not sure whether he got chew properly or not. As long as he didn't choke we think it's ok lah, hehe.

It will be so easy hor if can just give rice for dinner, no need to cook porridge 2x a day, hehe.

hi mommies..so fast our bbs comin 1yr old liao lei..can i ask wat plans u all hv for yr bb's 1yr old celebration har?
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi Timie

Have started planning... Will be having buffet catering at my house to save cost. Most probably will order the cake from Royals Cake. Then the catering from YLS. Wat about you?

hi tomatoes, haiz..duno lei..feel like havin it at home cos more convenient but seems like same as the full mth one a bit boring, not to mention clean up like anything after dat! some relatives suggest hv buffet outside..is Royals Cake good? even cakes muz tink of the design..aiyoh..
uhoh.gif

I din do a full month celebration as I scared of cleaning up so thought of doing the buffet catering for her 1st month birthday since I have a maid now. The Dark Choco Truffles from Royals is superb. You can go www.royalcakes.com to take a look.

I am contemplating between design and taste and of course the price. hehe

hi tomatoes,
the cakes look yummy.. but v ex hoh... is that the market rate? I am also wondering what to do for my gal's first year bd.

Back