(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

hi bluez, i've also just pm you
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

try this....

Pull a strand of your hair.. and thread it through your ring..

hold the hair (both ends) together with the ring.... (the ring should now be hangining in the middle) and place the ring above the back of your palm..not too far from your palm.

the ring will start to swing... if it is swinging straight.. you will hv a girl.. and if it is in circle.. you'll hv a boy.. then stop the swing.. try again with the same steps and try until the ring would not swing anymore..

from there you will know how many kids you will hv and in what sequence..

for fun only...

hi love, that is interesting... did you try it? what was your result? accurate?
i've heard about this but not sure if it's for determining no. of kids or not... some how it's the 'qi' or thing from the palm that makes the thing moves :p

must the ring be the wedding ring? or any ring will do? (cos i normally dun wear my wedding ring)

Heard about this also... but must be a wedding ring. However, instead of hair... my version is to use a red string.

Something similar to test what age you will get married. Get a glass and half-fill with water. Use a wedding ring and string it with a red string. Lower the ring into the glass but keep it above the water. The ring will start to swing and hit the glass. Count the number of times it hits the glass and that's the age you will get married (in our case it is "we got married" :p) So far quite accurate for my mum, me and some friends!

Hi Love

I tried this b4 since young. I dinno swinging straight is girl (cos I always thought it is a boy). It is swinging straight for me 1 time and the 2nd is in circle. Then after that , no more liao... It is true for the 1st one lor ( I got a bb girl).

Hi Ladies,
MIA for a long long time. hehehe... how's everyone?

Odie & Tomatoes,

I oso tried tt b4, but its the use red thread version. & same as u hor, supposed to have a ger & a boy. But dunno how accurate it is lah.

Are u trying for ur #2 now?

me too leh.anyone have formula for bb girl?
happy.gif

hi bleuz,
did not receive any mail from you
sad.gif
me keen in joining the yahoo group too

Tomatoes,

hmm, i just stop my pills this feb lor. so anytime now, hope to strike lah. haha. Did a rough calculation that Shanice should be at least 18 mths when #2 arrive, so she can go childcare while #2 goes infant care. Else very very tight if both goes infant care.

Zen,
I wished got formula, but then there isnt ley. haha.

love,
I don't hv wedding ring leh, so how to play the ring game?
sad.gif

ginsengmum,
shirley, u changed yr name! I a bit not used to calling yr new name, hehe. Hope yr strike soon!
happy.gif

wow so many of u tried??
I think any ring will do....so far I tried of many pple....seem quite accurate ler...

Hi bleuz

I din receive anything from you too. Had emailed you with my particulars liao.

Hi ginsengmum

Hope you strike soon!
happy.gif

bleuz,
I only received yr email reply, still waiting for the Join The Group email leh.

Dramaqueen,
Saw a thread abt Avent vs Pigeon cup, think most of the mummies voted for the Pigeon Mag Mag made in Japan one.

As usual, every Monday I like to post our table up, hehe.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaquen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

pigeon cup
the pigeon spout is softer then the avent.Tats why is more popular among mummies

bleuz
am i welcome to the yahoo group?never receive mails frm you leh
sad.gif
sad.gif

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. I've finally sent out the invitation emails to the email addy that you provided.

Please check and let me know if you've received invitation to join the Yahoo group.

Thanks.

re: baby cups
i have both pigeon n avent cups for tabitha. like zen said the pigeon spout is softer than avent. also the pigeon spout will only release water when baby suck or squeeze on the spout. the avent spout hole quite big n will drip water when turned up and release more water when baby suck. tabitha had some problems with avent in the beginning. she keep choking cos don't know how to control the water flow. but now she know already so very comfortable with both.
i actually prefer the avent cup cos find tat the grip is better and also with the avent cup she learn to tip the cup higher when she wan to drink more and lower when she wan to drink less. good trainer for real cups next time.

hi bluez,
sorry haven't been following thread much these daz. but wats the yahoo group about???

hi bluez,
thanks... got your invitation and joined the group liao...
but realised only 2 of us in there? the rest haven't join?

love... ur bb looking so sweet... that's a nice outfit in the 2nd set of pictures you shared... where did you get the pair of wings from?

love,
so sorry, I don't know what happened to your name in the list! I'll check and post again tomorrow as the list is in office (I'm no leave today).

Nat really sweet &amp; pretty! Thanks for sharing her pics!
happy.gif

bleuz,
I've received your invitation &amp; joined yr group too! Thanks a lot for setting it up. Heh heh, how does it feel to be "moderator"?
biggrin.gif

Hi Dramaqueen,

PM me your email and I'd send you an invite to join as well. =)

Hi SP/Plim,

Great.. now we have another channel of communication =)

Hi Mummies

wanna share something sad wif u....last nite my Nat slept at 9pm but wakes up at 12mn n refuse to sleep till abt 2am....then I only get to sleep for abt 3 hrs....so tired....then wat happened....I almost met wif an accident while driving Nat to my mum place.....really very close....almost hit the motor bike.....its my fault actually cos when I am turning at the junction.....I didnt see this bike coming...........really my heart jump out....and my Nat is sleeping behind in a car seat.......luckily both the bike and myself stopped in time and no vehicles ard us......till now still cant get the scene out of me.....

I will be phobis of that junction from now on.....how???so scary...If I didnt brake on time......dun dare to think wat will happen....cos the bile will hit directly onto my car and fly off......err..........so scary....

Hi Love

Me also in shock when I read your email. Really very dangerous. Must be careful ok?
happy.gif

Did Nat sleep alot in the afternoon yesterday?

love... really very dangerous... makes me shiver when i imagine myself to be in the same situation
sad.gif
try to be careful and more attentive on the road, ok?

my bb last night also wake up (dunno because of what) around 4+am and was 'playing' and refuses to sleep... cos she sleeps on our bed, she start to 'ka-chiau' me and my husband but both of us just 'ignore' her hoping she fall asleep... in the end, she did (but dunno after how long cos we were asleep by then)... so sometimes, if she wakes up in the middle of the night (not crying), i will try to 'ignore' her to let her go back to sleep so that she will not expect that we play with her in the middle of the night...

another thing about the accident you mentioned is that... nowadays, we removed the car seat cos she never wanted to sit in it... and i hv to carry her, or sometimes she would just be standing on the seats... that would be very dangerous if we encounter the situation that love mentioned...
sad.gif
but what can i do? anyone has a good suggestion?

hi love,
its so frightening..u must be still recovering fr yr shock..do be careful okie? thank God both u and nat r okie..
happy.gif

plim,
personally i've encountered last min jam brakes (my hb drove la) n my heart oso nearly stopped..from dat time onwards, i nvr fail to ensure my boy wears his seatbelt cos i saw him jerking forward as he was seated in the car seat but belt not fastened..last time i used to carry him too, but i try not to nowadays unless he's cranky or travellin veri short distance..its realli too dangerous, not to mention the traffic police may fine us for not putting bb in carseat. p'haps u wanna try put yr gal in the car seat and sit next to her, put some toys for her to play with?

Hi plim,

I know it's tough to put them in the car seat esp when they look so poor thing... crying and all. I'm guilty of taking Kellis out sometimes too. But I always tell myself that it's for her safety.

Like what timie suggested, toys are a tried and tested way. Vary your toys now and then to keep her entertained. =)

hi timie and bluez, thanks for the advice... have tried those methods... but the moment i put her in the car seat, she will cry or whin already... she has recently been very clingy... always wan to be carried... and she will stop immediately once i lift her up... she enjoys looking out of the window and me carrying her... sometimes i really scared of the way my husband drives and always tell him to slow down, etc.
sad.gif

ya still recoving from the shock...today whenever I drive I look her look there...n drive very slowly....sigh.....

ya Nat is sleeping in her car seat behind alone while I drive....

Good morning!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaquen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>love</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natalynn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

love,
sorry to hear that u had a scare yesterday, luckily u &amp; Nat ok.

A few months back, I skidded &amp; crashed into concrete road divider on a rainy day. Until now I still have fear of that road...

plim,
Err, I think better put the car seat back into yr car, at least can faster put Bella in if spot TP? Hee.

Actually, I also face the same problem, my hh refuses to sit in the car seat quite often, so until now I've never driven him anywhere on my own, always my hb drive &amp; I sit beside him. So if hb not free both hh &amp; I will be stuck at home can't go anywhere, very boring.

I've tried toys but it doesn't work, so usually I'll look around see got TP or not, if clear will carry hh out of the car seat. I scared let him cry will distract my hb's driving, more dangerous.

love,
oh dear.. sounds really scary. I do have a phobia for accidents too. am glad that you, bb and bikey are all ok.
happy.gif

My gal has mild rashes on her body and it was an allergy to egg white yesterday. Brought her to see GP and was told that I shouldn't have fed her egg so early at 9 months wor.

I tried egg yolks on her last week and she was ok.

Hi SP &amp; tuffy

Ya, GP also said better to give egg white at 14 months..

SP, thanks, her rashes is about 80% cleared liao.. Luckily.

Tomatoes.. glad your baby is better now. Egg white is the one that causes allergy actually. Egg yolk is usually ok after 6 months.

SP... me too. Will try and strap my boy while in the car but sometimes I find that when the crying gets too bad it is even more dangerous. So far I have only driven once alone with my boy. It was a relief that he didn't fuss at all. Usually my hubby will drive and me at the back with him. After that time I kept wondering if he fusses on purpose so that I will carry him. But because I was at the driver's seat... he bo bian must guai guai sit quietly. :p

tomatoes... ya, egg white is the one that is causing allergy... up till now, i dun even dare to give my bb egg yolk... do u all think it's fine?

odie... i think u're right, they probably fuss so that we carry them... same with my gal, only tried once where i drove and i put her in car seat behind... kept talking to her and she guai guai sit there... heehee

Thanks for all ur concern..I avoided that roadthis morning..so took the long way to my mum place....at least I not so scared....

My Nat can sit/sleep alone in her car seat....I got no prob wif that...luckily if not how i send her to my mum place alone???

love,
Nat is good girl, she willing to sit in car seat.
happy.gif

Re: update on socks
Yay! Since last weekend, my MIL has stopped putting socks on both my hh &amp; my niece during the day.
happy.gif

Happy Good Friday &amp; enjoy the long weekend!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back