(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Hi mummies....
Please help to cast your vote for Natalynn....the Angel Baby....

http://www.tangerined.com/KZ_talent/WhatsOn/AngelBaby2.htm

396975.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Hi joyfulstar

It's great to meet you (looking so well) and Bernice at Kindermusik this afternoon. You don't allow PM hence I have to post here :) Do keep in touch.

Cheers
Annette's momma

Love,
Nat is the most lovely bb in the contest! I hope she'll win the 1st prize! I've voted for her already.
kiss.gif

nur,
Re: water
My hh doesn't drink much water, will only suck a few times. Yeah, think it's important for bb to learn to drink water.

timie! u r back after so long, miss u leh!

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaquen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi tuffy,

thanks for a sample of the schedule. now im doing the 'milk straightaway after solid' and im so happy that she drinks alot nowadays for one day. but mayb bcos after eating, she never drink plain water so she feel thirsty so thats y can drink alot of milk.

books says that we must introduce a cup to bb. maybe a sipper cup. hmm wat cup they reffering to? the magmag one is it with the spout? anyone here wif bb who can drink from cup?

Hi nur... I strongly recommend MagMag cup. My boy is drinking from a cup since a month ago... and I think MagMag cup has helped to train him to drink from a cup and straw so early.

MagMag cup starts with a teat, followed by a sprout, then a straw and finnaly a sipper.

Hi, Odie,
When should we introduce cup to our bb? I haven't, even my 1 yo niece still drinks milk &amp; water frm bottle all the time.

Her bottles are still sterilised every day. I thought no need to sterilise after 1 yo?

Hi SP... I was initally following the guide that came with Pigeon's MagMag cup.

I started the sprout when my boy was 3 months old. I gave him the straw when he was 7 months old even though the guide said to start around 8 months. I gave him the straw to try because I saw him sucking on the sprout like he would with a straw (both cheeks dented in).

He started to take water directly from the cup around 7 months old as well. This was by accident. He keep wanting to grab our mug from us so we just let him try for fun.

I guess that is really no hard and fast rules... just try and take the cue from the baby... or if you want... by "trial and error" :p

I remember reading somewhere that we can stop sterilising around 6 months old... which was what I did. Reason being that we need to let the baby build up the immune system. If the environment is too sterile may not necessary be good for the body. As the hokkien saying goes "la sup jia lap sup dua." ;)

odie,

yr bb so clever. can drink from sprouts n straws.
so now can drink straight from normal mug? so good...

odie,
you mean it is easier for our bb to learn from pigeon magmag cup?actually i m using avent bottles now.They do come with the sprout.Can i use that?

Enrichment class

Hi,any of your bbs been to Growing up gifted classes?Find out that they do have a class for bb from 8mths - 18mths.Hesitating whether to let my bb attend anot
sad.gif

Odie,
Re: cup
Matty is really "advanced", hehe. I think I'll start letting my hh try drinking from straw or cup soon, never try no chance to learn.

Re: sterilising
I also thought 6 months can stop, though got book say shld do until 1 yo. My niece already past her 1 yo birthday, so by right can stop liao hor.

Re: socks
My niece &amp; my bb wear socks 24 hrs. When can they stop wearing socks during the day (esp hot weather)?

Hi nur... yup, he is now drinking from a normal cup. We find that he can drink more from a cup or when using a straw as compared to using the teat. From the cup he takes mouthful but the teat is only a trickle. Quite glad that he can drink more water.

Hi Zen... yup I think they are the same. Not sure which is better. Just that I "promote" Pigeon because I use that brand ;p As for the classes... not planning to send my boy. But no harm for you to check around. Maybe can start and thread and see what is the review?

Hi SP... I think can stop wearing the socks liao. It will be slippery when your boy starts cruising around the house.

Odie,
Re: Socks
Actually my mum told me shld let bb be socks-less sometimes so that they can get used to it. But my MIL likes to put socks on both the babies all the time, don't know how to convince her leh.

My SIL bought those socks with non-slip rubbery feel at the bottom to prevent my niece from slipping when she stands &amp; cruises around the hse. We also have those types of socks since we foresee there's no end to this socks-wearing thingy.

Think u can tell from my posting that we are not in favour of wearing socks 24/7 but we can't stop it. I tried not letting hh wear socks but when MIL notices she'll ask why never put socks on him. Then of course the next thing u'll see me put socks on hh liao. SIGH.

Guess that's the way things has to be - sterilising to continue as long as bottle is used &amp; socks all the way until don't know when.

Sorry for complaining, just felt like letting it out. Thanks a lot for "listening".
happy.gif

hi sp,

my boy doesnt wear socks unless in aircon (sometimes aircon i oso nvr let him wear). watz the reason for yr mil to insist yr hh must wear socks? scare dat he feels cold? i tink my boy tends to perspire lei..so worrie he gets stinky feet..haha..mebe u can tell yr mil tis reason to get him off the sock-wearing..hee..mil woes..yea we understd..good to let it off yr chest la..i've my mil woes too
uhoh.gif

i oso stop sterilising liao..only use hot water to rinse it..thot 1st 6mths is good enuf??

hi sp... no problem. Just let it out... we can understand cos we also have our fair share of problems with MIL.

Yes your mum is right... the baby needs to go bare-footed in order to get used to it. In fact I remember reading somewhere that when babies are learning to walk... must do it barefooted cos their soles are still pretty flat... so if there is direct contact with the floor... easier to balance or something like that. Moreover it is so warm... I think if its my boy he would have taken it off (in fact when he was one week old he already know how to take off booties... so we gave up and only wear socks when in air-conditioned shopping malls). Maybe you can teach your boy how to take the socks off himself... so his grandmother will get the message. Muwahahahahah :p

Odie, timie,

Hahaha, what a good idea!
lol.gif

I see my niece take off her socks, my MIL very patient will just jokingly say, "Aiya u so naughty, why u take off yr socks?" then will wear back for her liao.

Yalor, my MIL scared their feet feel cold as the floor at home is cold type. Actually my MIL will feel their feet after bath to determine whether the feet cold or not, if cold then got to wear socks. After bath feet sure cold one so always got to wear socks lor.

When my niece starts walking I'll get my hb to explain to her the importance of letting her learn to walk barefoot. Hopefully same time can free hh of wearing socks 24/7, keke. Thanks very much for sharing, Odie!

Re: Milk &amp; solids
May I ask if there is any "bad" effect if bb continues drinking a lot of milk everyday, much more than what is stated on the FM tin? My niece is 1 yo liao, when MIL not free or when go out she will get milk only the whole day. Is it ok as long as it's only once awhile?

Hmm, my hh usually gets 1 porridge meal every morning, sometimes 2. Don't think he'll be starting the 3rd meal as my niece >1yo still on 2 meals only. Weekend I will give him snacks like bread becoz cook porridge always fail: he doesn't want to eat...
lame.gif

Hi Timie,

Nice to have you back. =) My princess is still toothless as well.. hehe.. they can be good friends liao. =p

Hi babykhoo/zen,

Brought Kellis to My Gym last Sat for trial. It's pretty good. She enjoyed herself.

Babykhoo,

You bring Tabitha for Gymboree right? How's it ah? Thinking of enrolling Kellis to a gym
to develope her motor skills but undecided on which one.

Zen,

I hear abt Growing Up Gifted too. My hubby's colleague sends her 1 yr old daughter there.
Pretty good reviews. =)

sp,
my mil used to do dat with my boy's booties too..always worrie his feet will "catch cold"..hee..well i believe yr mil has good intentions la, u r oso a super patient n nice dil lei..if it's me, i oredi show my black face
angry.gif

i tink occasionally drink more milk shd be alrite tho i dun see why we can't give them cereal lei..quite ez to prepare wat..add cereal,water n milk powder only..bb will be full meh? my boy has been eating 3meals for quite a while liao..1 cereal meal + 2 porridge meals + 3 milk feeds in betw..u tried adding some meat, fish n veg to enhance the taste of the porridge? mebe hh will like it when there's more "taste"?

sp, actually i never remember to have to wear socks for my bb... so bad hor... sometimes i feel her feet, it's cold and i just rub it
lame.gif
... in fact, we stopped wearing booties/socks for her since she was about 4 mths (booties even earlier)

re: milk &amp; solids
sometimes during weekends i'm like that also, feed her she eat little bit only, so most of the time depend on milk only...
lame.gif
i guess should be ok lah, since it's only once in a while... of course, if they hungry then we feed more lor...

re: sterilising
also very tempted to stop it... but tot mayb wait until 1 yr lor... since i also heard from friends to stop only after 1 year... will make a point to check with the PD on the next visit... in fact, some of the cups and bowls that i use for feeding her porridge are not sterilised at all... i also dun rinse with hot water... so far ok leh...
lame.gif

hi bluez, jus when i thot he bo gey, my boy started to dev cough n runny nose..oso was kinda cranky last 2 nites....went to feel his gums last nite n he bit me!..wah..then realised one little tooth poppin out!! silly mommy so blur..jialatz hor..mebe u shd go feel kellis' gums too..u may be in for a surprise!
happy.gif

timie,
I feel very guilty becoz I lost my cool many times with my MIL. She is the one who is super patient &amp; tolerant towards me.
embarrassed.gif

Re: cereal
My in-laws not used to feeding cereal to bb, so I didn't ask them to feed cereal.

Re: porridge
I tried adding chicken, veg also no use. Maybe he's too used to porridge with marmite (MIL style).

Yay, it's 5pm, going home liao, tomorrow on leave, see u all on Thu,
kiss.gif

bleuz

you attend the trial at my gym last sat?i was there too.Mine was 11am class.U? Hmmm...mind posting your bb pic or ur pic here?c whether i can recall anot...haha

Re:Toothless

My cousin twins are oreadi 10mths old.But oso toothless...so no worries
happy.gif

sp

at least you feel guilty....not that bad after all~LoL

Hi Zen &amp; bluz

How u mummies find the class? I'll be bring my son for the trial tis Sat afternoon. U joined the "Bug" class? Btw wat thet teach over there beside gym?

Hi Zen,

Ah.. I remember Enzo now. =) So blur I didn't even realise. Kekeke...

My princess is Kellis...

398435.jpg

So you joined them already or was it for trial class?

anyone here can help me?

cos i asked at another forum but no one answered me.. i just want to ask, is it ok for bb to drink milk rightafter solid? i mean after porridge (2tsp or 4tsp rice grains), drink 210ml milk? then after cereal also drink that amt of milk?
cos the weird thing is that after eating solid, my bb can drink 180ml milk without pausing. but if never eat solid, say 5hrs never eat nor drink, cannot drink milk so well.. even after 9hrs, will stop drinking at 180ml. but after solid, more willing to drink.. is it just thirsty or its ok? im afraid its too much for her.. but if dun want sure will not drink the milk rite..

i hope u guys get wat i mean cos abit long winded.. hehe

hi nur,
i used to supplement milk immediately after solid feed when my bb was ard 6-7mths, but stopped doing dat when he turned 8mth as he can now finish a full solid meal. last time, he could drink the usual amt of milk even after the solid feed, n i believe is becoz he still didnt tink he was full (since it will take a while for the "full" signal to go to his brain?)i felt that he tend to "overeat" lor, duno how to stop himself. now we give him milk about 2hrs after his solid (n he takes lesser milk) even tho he didnt realli give us the hungry cry..we only give him a bit of plain water after the solid feed n he drinks (other times he doesnt like to drink plain water) so i tink they do feel thirsty after eating solids..

hmm is it true bb dunno when they are full after the solid? its weird cos after solid still can drink so much milk but if never eat solid, so difficult to drink milk.. well, maybe shes thirsty but its good that yr bb is willing to drink water after the solid but mine doesnt so maybe thats y i give milk then she drink so much..
im tinking of not giving milk straight after milk but if i do that, her milk intake will be low.. cos like is said, if never give straight after milk, she wont drink so much.. aiyo headache..

anyway timie, thanks for the answer.. appreaciate it..

hi Ann,

mine got two bottom teeth but she cant sit nor crawl yet..
sad.gif

i tink i will prefer if she can sit rather than have teeth first.. haha..

nur, no prob
happy.gif
i guess u hv to try out different methods to see wat suits yr gal best..i oso had to do "trial n error" for a while..not ez la..

hi ann, many ppl tell me dat it's better to teeth later cos it will drop off later..i was still tellin myself so its good cos thot my boy bo gey.. until 2 days back found out he pop 1st tooth..

nur... in fact I just read the section from a reference book over the weekend. If your baby is just starting out on solid... must give milk first wait for one hour or so than feed solid. If the baby is too hungry will only scream for milk. Gradually it should be the other way round... meaning give solid then one hour or so later supplement with milk. Lastly the meal should be replaced with solid. So ideally... at this stage I think most babies will have lunch and dinner as solid with milk in between (milk for morning... another milk say mid afternoon and another milk before bedtime). But eventually all these are guidelines... sometimes you must also see how much the baby can eat for solid etc.

but last time my bb always scream2 wen eat only a few spoons... i use the pigeon soft tip spoon.. but now she will eat and eat.. dunno y leh.. im hapi thats shes eating alot but also worry if its too much for her.. cos i keep giving n giving till the slow cooker empty then i stop.. but i cook only 4tsp rice grains la..
so its ok if she drink 180ml after every solid? cos cant wait for one hr cos she eats her porridge for one hr plus then go to sleep so i have to give milk rightaway.. means eat porridge from 2pm to 315pm.. so milk will be at 330pm cos sometimes at 4pm she sleep oredi..

but one big question is, if they are full, she wouldnt drink the milk right? or they dunno how to be full...
another thing i afraid is that bcos after eat so much porridge, she is thirsty but she refuse plain water so dats y can finish so much milk so if i continue to always give milk after the solid, she will get worse in refusing the plain water right?

phew.. being mummy so difficult.. wen bb refuse to eat n drink, i worry y not eating well.. now that she eating n drinking so much also worry..
aiyo..

any babies here eating bread oredi? normal bonjour enriched white bread that costs $1.30 can eat or not?

Nur,
I've yet to start feeding Bernice with bread. But, i think it's gd to start ur bb with softmeal or wholemeal bread as it's healthier.

hi joyfulstar,

got softmeal bread meh? wat brand is softmeal? i cant buy wholemeal for my gal cos i dun eat wholemeal.. but can eat bread is it? not allergenic? cos it contains flour n milk..

hi mummies,

MIA for awhile too. these few daz no time lah. now going thru maids bio data...so glad it's going to be finalise soon. my mum oso like very kan jiong....can't wait to choose maid.

re: baby gym
bleuz,
glad kellis enjoyed My Gym. I think i'm going to stick to Gymboree for now. Cos think Tabi now already used to the place and the instructors there so might as well....also find Serangoon Gardens more convenient. Haven't go sign up for renewal courses yet. When u wan to go for trial?? Let me know then I can go oso lah.

re: feeding
my tabi finally eating properly again. yeah...think it was a phase...though a very long phase...got me quite worried. at least now she can finish all her porridge n cereal without fussing. think for tabi partly becos she still wans to have pureed food lah. tat time i was trying to let her get used to rougher food but now we puree again n she's taking everything. wonder when she'd be ready for rougher food....

re: bread
i oso give softmeal bread. tabi loves them for breakfast n snack.

babykhoo,
Re: Maid
Wish u good luck &amp; hope u get a really good maid!
happy.gif

Re: Feeding
I think my hh also likes "smooth" food, it's much easier for me to feed him my MIL's oats porridge as it's watery &amp; smooth in texture. Last week when I cooked rice porridge &amp; included mashed vege &amp; chopped chicken meat he hated it... took only a few mouthfuls then didn't want already.

Re: Bread
My hh likes Gardenia wholemeal bread as snack too.

nur,
Re: softmeal
I also don't know what is softmeal.
lame.gif

Re: solids &amp; milk
Wow, u really patient, spend so much time to feed Farhanah porridge. For me, 30 mins also like a bit long leh, heh heh. Hmm, maybe the porridge buka selera for her, don't know. If after the porridge she drinks so much milk and she doesn't vomit out the milk, maybe it's ok?

Re: water
My hh also doesn't drink much water, just a few sucks.

Ann,
Hi hi, so long never see u here. My hh got 2 bottom teeth, hee.

bleuz,
Kellis smiling so happily, what a joy!
happy.gif

hi sp,

u on leave huh yesterday.. thats y the thread so quiet..i was online the whole afternoon yesterday except wen feeding bb porridge..
yalor, yesterday i spent an hr plus to feed porridge. sometimes also i no patient one, young mah. but yesterday i got patient so i feed and feed. i tink i go to the slow cooker to take porridge for four times. actually i still worried whether ok or not to drink so much milk after porridge. actually also i wondering wen ppl say one bowl of porridge means how many tsp rice grains cos diff ppl got diff bowl rite. hehe..

bread : mayb later i go shop see softmeal n wholemeal bread. wen do u usually feed the bread? after first milk of 210ml, still can give bread?

hi nur,
alamak! just noticed that my posting to your qn never made it to the forum. I remember posting leh. v strange. but what odie said is true. But at the end of the day, it is really trial and error.
happy.gif

nur,
I give my hh bread anytime as a snack. He doesn't eat much so it's ok &amp; doesn't affect his appetite for his next meal/ milk.
happy.gif

joyfulstar,
Thanks for explaining softmeal.
happy.gif

Hi Mommies,

I've finally started the Yahoo newsgroup thingy. If you'd like to be included, please PM me your email addresses if you wish to be added to the group.

Please include your email address, nickname and real name.

Back