(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Hi SP

No choice.. I dun want my bb to be deprived of solids food at her stage...

I really learnt alot of things from that thread though I haven't posted anyting... hehehe

hi bleuz and joyfulstar,

u 2 so lucky get to bring ur bb to kindermusik. huh.......i still waiting and waiting...............still on waiting list.

mummies,

i now in a very very huge dilemma. since jan this yr my mum has been taking care of tabitha for me while i'm at work. then at nite i bring her home every night. but i tink my mum starting to feel the toll of taking care of tabitha alone. she getting very tired and looks more haggard to me nowadays. my tabitha is really getting more and more active....in fact i tink she's a lil hyper active. abit worried abt tat too.......hope dont have ADHD (i tink tats wat its called..) nowadaz tabitha can't stay still, always crawlling n climbing all over the place. only stop when sleeping. my mum has to watch her round the clock when she's at her house. can't do much housework also. tink my mum needs a maid to help her out. bt 1 thing is money.......don't knw whether affordable or not. and 2nd thing is i worried baby become very spoilt if got maid around.....tendency is to rely on maid to do everything. how????? i worried abt my mum bt also worried abt what having a maid will do to tabitha's upbringing. should i or shouldn't i???? oso hubby very against having maid wan leh.

so tired of thinking and thinking....somemore now so busy in school setting and vetting exam papers. think wan to collapse liao!!!!

hi babykhoo,
You have to take care n relax alittle.me too facing the same problem as u.Enzo is getting more active each day.He will crawl n climb non stop.My mum will start complaining when i returns home.And its true,my mum got no time for housework oso.And she too look tired n haggard.And my hb oso dun like to have a stranger(maid) at hme.Sigh....me too oso dun knw wat to do.To work or not to work,To have maid or not to have???
And me too oso waiting for a trial lesson from kindermusik.Btw,why dun you called up My Gym at marine parade?I went for their trial last sat.I kinda like the place.And its free for trial.

sp
Thanks for your info on the nutritious facts on pumkin

Yahoo newsgroup
my email [email protected]

zen,
u r welcome!

tomatoes,
I too have been reading the solids thread for the longest time before I started posting.
happy.gif

babykhoo,
My MIL also looks tired as she takes care of 2 babies in the daytime.

Have u considered getting a part time maid to help yr mum with housework? Maybe come 1x or 2x per week, yr mum can get some rest on those days.

Hi babykhoo

I think all babies are actuve at their age...wont know whether they have ADHD so soon one........dun worry lar.....my Nat also very active......my mum will says she very noti also and she mentioned that she look after 7 babies in the past and mine is the most mischieveous...haha....even my niece who is 2 mths younger than my ger is so quiet and she is too lazy to moves too......

the older pple always say baby who is active and noti are smarter than one who is quiet...dun know true or not.......

Hi babykhoo and Zen

I got the same concern as both of you initially. Somemore my mum has to take care of my 85year old grandma. So after much struggle, I got a maid to help with housework and my grandma. My bb also super active and it can be very tiring for my mum if she has to do some many things.

I din let my maid take care of bb initially. My mum is solely responsible for my bb. Nowadays, when my mum is tired, she will ask my maid to look after bb for awhile so that she can do some other things like cooking and take a rest. It can be very tiring to look after a crawling and active bb at this stage. My mum also look very haggard b4 my mum came.

You can actually considering getting a part time maid to help with housework. At least this won't disrupt much of your life. I am not doing that well financially but really no choice that I do need a maid in my family to help out 2 houses ( my house and my grandma house)

hi plim... yes you are correct to a certain degree that for the first year... the main nutrition for babies should still come from milk and that giving solid food is to let the baby get used to the different texture and learn to chew as well. But there should be some nutrients that milk cannot give like fiber and vit c? :p With solid food... it is inadvertable that it will make the baby feel fuller... hence quite natural that the milk intake will decrease or the interval between milk feed longer. Definitely won't be drinking as much milk by the age of one? Infact ideally at this stage... the baby should be getting one milk feed in the morning, semi-solid for lunch, one milk feed in the mid afternoon, semi-solid for dinner and one last milk feed before bed. I can't remember by when should we introduce 3 meals per day. Will need to check on that soon. Think by then the number of milk feed per day will drop to 2 per day. Should read the thread that SP provided... Lani is very good on this topic.

Babykhoo... my boy is hyperactive as well. I am also a bit worried if he has ADHD :p. My MIL lost 2 kg taking care of him. She cannot doing anything around the house as well. I have the same problem during weekends too. Because he doesn't sleep alot and cannot sit still... if I need to run errands or get stuff done I need to drop him off with my in-laws or my mum. Think he is tiring all the grandparents out. I cannot imagine how my in-laws are going to handle if I have my number 2. In my case we have maids at home... my in-laws have one and another one engaged by me. So the maids will be responsible for the housework. They don't get involved in caring for the baby... so they don't really have direct contact with the baby. I never had a maid in my whole life so initially wasn't comfy too but this is the best solution. After a while will get use to have a "stranger" in the house. Most importantly it can help elevate the load from your mum.

Love... ya loh... even the PD told me not to worry (I told her my boy is too hyper and taking a toll on everybody). She said babies who are intelligent tend to be more active and sleep lesser... because they are so curious about whats going around... they cannot spare any time to rest.

Hi Odie

I shared the same feelings as you initially b4 engaging a maid. After some time, I do get used to the idea of having a maid at home. Somemore I think she really help me with the housework and I can concentrate on spending quality time with my bb reading and playing with her.

Hi Tomatoes... yup yup! At least after work and during weekends no need to worry about the housework. Can spend time with the baby
happy.gif

Love... you baby is so cute! Can I ask where did you get the float from?

mummies,
thanks so much for ur comforting words abt bb hyper activeness. after reading all ur msgs i tink getting a maid is 1 of the best choice. actually now i have a part time aunty who comes to help my housewrk once a week and my mum also has 1 tat comes on sat to do major hsewk. but i tink my mum needs the maid ard for an extra pair of hands oso lah. at least can help prepare food during the day for bb or something. now everyday she complaining to me oso..........aiyah i hear already oso not shiok lah.........feel guilty tat hve to put her thru so mus work looking after tabitha and oso feel bad tat my bb so active leh. she oso say my bb most mischievious one lah. now i got headache.......thinking abt what to tell my hubby n how to convince him. me praying hard hard lah. unfortunately not working is not an option for me.........got to help supplement family income lah.

hei bleuz & joyfulstar,
will probably b seeing u guz this sunday. they finally called me today to say got slot for trial at kindermusik. quite excited.

love
nat is sooooooooooooooooo cute and sweet. really pretty bb. i oso curious to knw where u got the float n wet suit. wan to bring tabi go swimming oso leh. at first hubby wan to sign tabitha up for aquaducks swimming lessons at suntec. bt i tink no need lah.....jus bring her go play water can already lah.

Hi babykhoo

I bought the wet suite in department sore and the float at those neighbourhood shop.....

I didnt sign Nat for any swimming lesson but she is attending lesson in BJG....she really enjoyed the lessons......

babykhoo
Wowwwww u got a slot from kindermusik this sunday? I jealous leh.~LoL.Still waiting for them to call me.Hope you n tabitha enjoy the lesson
happy.gif

Love
Nat is such a cute n good girl.She is willing to sit on the carseat.So envy....Enzo will scream his heart out if i place him on the carseat.
sad.gif

Hi Zen

Every morning and evening I fetch my Nat to my mum place alone wif her in the car sear behind...she is willing ti sit in the car seat throughout the whole journey but sometimes she will be cranky lar.....

love... ur bb so cute... i also want to bring my bb to swim, but scared that water too cold for her leh... so is a wet suit better than a 2-piece for bb at their age?

re: car seat... my bb used to be ok sitting in car seat, now whenever i put her in it, she will cry
sad.gif
... so end up hv to carry her all the time...

hi babykhoo, see u & bb on sun.wow... so exciting.

plim, e one piece wet suit is better so bb won't be cold. i actually bought a 2 piece bikini and yet to wear it. so sad....

Plim

Ya at 1st I scared of my ger being cold too...bring her on a hot day lor...dun wear 2 pieces one 1st.....I bought bikini for my ger too buat haven let her wear yet....

Hi, Love,
Thanks for sharing Nat's swimming pics, wow, really motivates me to bring hh for a swim too.

Did Nat take to the water immediately or have to slowly put her in?
happy.gif

Re: Car seat
My hh will only sit when he blur-blur feeling sleepy, and he'll also sleep well in it. Otherwise, only can put him inside for a few mins, then he'll start complaining & got to carry him out.

love, bringing her on hot day scared she get sun burn also... did you apply sunblock or anything before you put her in the water? hehe, the 2 piece bikini look so cute hor... kekeke... so tempted to buy but haven't, now i think might get the 1 piece one, better...

i can see that your gal really enjoying the 'swim'...
happy.gif

Hi babykhoo

Same same lah.. My mum also always complain to me about my bb after work when my maid isn't here yet. I hear oredi also very xian. Then I dun see her complaining much liao...

Hi love

Nat really very sweet. I still haven't buy my car seat yet. Me still squeeze my bb in her infant carrier cum car seat.. Really dunno wat brand to buy...

hi love,

ur nat really inspire me lah....today i went to buy wet suit for tabitha already. bt dont knw when i bringing her yet.

well ladies,
i finally talked to my hb jus now abt getting a maid. at first had violent objection. bt after awhile at least he willing to listen to my rational. and now we got 2 options. 1) let my mum in law take care for a few daz a week 2) get a maid. hb say try option (1) first. bt i really nt too keen abt tat leh. rather get a maid. cos with my MIL i dont feel good....don't like some things she do and how she bring up kids. me praying hard hard tat she doesn't wan to take care.............aiyah.......1 problem after another. so headache.

aiyoh zen,

ur bb so cute and chubby. looks like he's really enjoying himself. hope my tabitha also take to the pool as well.

Hi babykhoo...

I dun know u pang tang or not lar but from 1st Apr to the last day of Apr is Qing Ming so better not bring baby to swimming lor.....

I think ur ger will love swimming one lor...most kids too but 1st time when u bring her must hug her close to you in case they are scared of water or cold.....
happy.gif

Hi babykhoo

If your mil were 2 take care of your bb, will your bb get used to it or not. Further, your mil might not know the "pattern" of your bb.

But if your hb really object 2 d idea of getting a maid, then bobian liao....

hi bleuz n joyfulstar,

great meeting u n ur gals today.Bernice and Kellis are so cute and sociable. tabitha had lots of fun at the kindermusik, she fell asleep once we put her in the car. mus have been exhauted. however i dont think i'll sign tabi up for following sessions though. maybe when she's a little older. am thinking of maybe continuing with her gymboree. hubby wans to tabi to try swimming lessons with aquaducks, but i tink swimming lessons very waste money leh...can teach on our own mah.

hei tomatoes,

mil definitely doesn't knw tabitha's routine and habits. actually currently mil don't see tabi much, only once every week or two weeks. i think think until quite xian already. tink of my 2 options getting a maid is best cos at least i can work in peace and maid cn help with housework, only problem is the extra money needed lah.

Good morning, ladies!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaquen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi babykhoo,

nice meeting u &amp; bleuz too. Bernice has had fun meeting both Kellis &amp; Tabi. Hahaha... July babies are more active right? By the way, is there swimming lesson with aquaducks? What's that? How much? Hey, is it abit waste $$$ now to send them for swimming lesson coz as what you said we can bg them on our own.

Who's taking care of Tabi?

Hi Mummies, just wondering how long do u let ur baby still in the pool? Any input? Tried only for not more than 30 mins. Aiya.... everytime i want to swim and it'll be times up for Bernice to get out of the pool.

babykhoo,
Think not much choice but to let yr MIL try taking care of Tabitha for a few days. Hope yr hb will eventually agree to hire maid.

zen,
Enzo so happy! He very handsome in the wet suit leh.
happy.gif

Dramaqueen,
Rachel got beautiful big eyes! How is she getting on with her solids?

Re: feeding
Aiyo, my hh feed milk not easy, feed solids also not easy. Turn here turn there move non-stop &amp; try to climb out of highchair. 1 person can't feed him, need another person to help out. Eventually end up hv to 1 person carry him &amp; 1 person feed him becoz he refuses to sit any longer in the highchair. Even on the tv also no use. *so tiring*

Babykhoo &amp; Joyfulstar,

Great to see both you and your babies yesterday =)

Sorry had to rush off as Kellis was hungry =p

She enjoyed the class alot and i think we'd be bringing her for the lesson again next week. =)

Are you two keen on bringing Tabitha and Bernice for the trial at my gym?

Babykhoo: About getting a domestic help. Initially, hubby and I were not too keen as well.
But I do think the pros outweigh the cons if u have your mum to oversee the maid. She'd be
able to help out with the housework as well so that's a load off you and your mum.
Try to convince hubby lah =)

Btw.. didn't know they have swimming lessons for babies. heh..

Hi babykhoo

Think getting a maid is the best choice for you. Expenses can be worked out... me also not doing that well but we try to save on other things.

If your bb oni sees your mil for 1 a week, think she will be used to your mil to take care of her. It will take time for her to adapt a new routine.

tomatoes and other mummies too..
i am also planning to get a maid so that my mil can look after the bb at home. can i know how much does it cost and what type of fees or expenses are involved?

Hi cherry

For a new indo or flippino maid, her montly salary will be $280 or $300 repectively. Levy another $200. When you are signing up with an agency, there will be agency fees like $188 (depending on which agency you go to). Beside, there you will need to pay for insurance for security bond, medical checkup etc.

For my case, all in all, I paid about $300+ initially to agency (excluding any levy and salary).

tomatoes

thanks for the vote and the compliment...but my mum n sis commented that the pic not so nice as compared to the rest..cos of her high fore head....they commented that shd not let Nat wear the clips....anyway I let Nat participate in baby angel too..will keep u gals updated....

Re: maid

getting a maid is the best choice.Me oso feel like getting one.But have to consider due to $ n place for maid to zzz.(Cos parents staying with me.)Babykhoo,hope you can persude ur hb

Sp

Thanks for your compliment.Me too facing the problem you have with hh for feeding.Think both bb are just being 'naughty'.

Bleuz

My Gym- Blk 86 Marine Parade #01-670B(opp Ntuc)
Tel: 64409916

Back