(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Hi nur

Heehee! Thanks for complimenting my nick
happy.gif
Btw, are you a non-chinese? Actually some of my friends who are non-chinese bought the Eu Yang Sang powder herbs that I told you just now and find them good too. That time, my bb just scream and cry in her sleep and is really giving me sleepless nite.

I thought she has beheaviour problem. But then I think she can't be screaming every nite. Then I started to change her overnite diapers to a better brand, give her anticolic drops now and then, rub ru yi oil at nite, brought her to PD also. Practically used all my brain juice to make sure she sleeps well. Anyway, also dun know which of my method works, she now dun scream in the nites.

Yeh, I think you need to have a pte PD contact on hand.

tomatoes, my mum always tell me not to play too much and too rough with my baby, in case she gets nightmare at night which will cause her to scream
lame.gif

would like to know how many of you actually let your baby sleep with you on the same bed?

i do actually, since the beginning, cos she never liked to be put in the cot/play pen and it seems that she sleeps much longer and better if she sleeps with us... also because i lazy lah, put her in the cot, must keep waking up at night to check on her, so if she's besides me, i no need to walk so much ... kekeke
lame.gif

plim,
My hh used to sleep in his cot all nite. Think around 3 mo he'll start his sleep in cot until middle of nite when he wakes up & I'll let him join us in our bed. Can't remember since when it became he sleeping all the way in our bed. Early this morning he climbed on & took over my pillow & slept there (head & upper body on pillow). Hb said sooner or later he's gonna take over the whole bed.

odie,
We hv tried pushing his sleeping time later to 9pm, but he will cranky lor, not easy to feed him cereal or do other things. In the end we just let him be lah.

sp, wa ur hh so cute... take over ur pillow some more... kekeke... ya, i know a few mths back, my girl used to 'rotate' a lot, kicking her daddy in the middle of the night... in the morning when we wake up, her legs are actually at where we placed her head at night... hahaha...

eh, hvn't seen your hh photos leh... care to share?

Hi plim

My bb used to sleep at her own cot. But I noticed that if she sleeps with me on my bed, she can sleep better. So my hb suggested to let her sleep on our bb since then.

Then same lor, she also likes to rotate the way your bb does. Somemore always like to key daddy in the middle of nite. hahaha

plim... my boy did sleep in our bed when he was younger. But not every night... if he is cranky or had nightmares. When my hubby was on business travel the baby will co-sleep with me for the whole week.

But we stopped putting him in our bed since 4 months ago when he seems to be demanding to sleep with us. I heard stories of toddlers refusing to sleep alone... making it a habit. I have an ex-colleague her son is about 4 years old. Been co-sleeping with parents since born till now. The way she described to me was so funny... "My hubby is fat, I'm fat and my son is fat too... just imagine how squeezy it is". Last I heard was that the poor daddy now sleeps on the floor... the king size bed just cannot accomodate all three of them.

Hiplim

My Nat sleeps wif us too....3 of us have been sleeping tog since she was born.......till now..in fact I enjoy sleeping wif her..loves to watch her sleep....

Hi, plim,
Here's a pic of hh taken last sunday at my parents' hse. My mum was swinging him up & down & he's very happy...
388216.jpg

odie,
Yr ex-colleague say until so funny, keke. Actually I also got tell my hb, HOW if next time hh refuse to sleep on his own bed? My hb said next time only decide what to do becoz now he enjoys looking at hh sleeping, like Love enjoys looking at Nat sleeping...

Hi mummies

Jus wonder does baby dreams when they sleep? becos my baby will cry/make noise in the middle of the nite abt 3-4am but when look at him, his eyes are closed. So I jus pat him to sleep again, I find tis behaviour quite disturbing cos I dunno whether he cried becos he is having nitemares or wanted milk.

He used to sleep throughout the nite fm 11pm with his last feed till 6.30-7am but now at 8 mths old he started to wake up at 3am for feed even the last feed is 12am. I really wear out by tis routine. Anyone has a solution?

Here a cheeky look of my baby Remus...
388260.jpg

Hi mummies,i brought enzo to My Gym at marine parade for trial lesson on sat.Find that the place is pretty nice n fun.The equipment are safe for our babies.The teachers are oso good n patient. mummies who are keen to let their bb to have some fun can have a try.Its free for trial.

hi mummies, seems that those who responded to my question actually have their baby sleeping with them... actually i agree with you all, that i do enjoy watching her sleep beside me and i somehow feel that i can't bear to let her sleep alone...

sp... ur hh laughing so happily
happy.gif
i think most babies love for us to swing them up and down... heehee

venx... i think babies do have nightmares or dreams lor... if you notice, sometimes u'll see them smiling in their sleep... if they scream, cry i think it cld be nightmare... the general rule i apply is that, if they cry/scream, and i manage to pat them back to sleep, fine (it cld be bcos they having nightmares), otherwise, i will presume they want milk...

venx,
Yr Remus so chubby & cute! When is his DOB?
happy.gif

re: bb nitemares
My hh screamed once last nite, he also never opened his eyes. Think not hungry lah, if not sure wake up, hee.

re: getting rid of nite feed(s)
I came across this method in another website. I know easier said than done, slowly cut down his 3am feed and try to increase his daytime calorie intake. 2 ways to cut down nite feed:-
1. Same qty water but gradually reduce FM powder (i.e. giving more & more diluted FM until finally only water)
2. Don't dilute but give less, say 6 to 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 then 0

The logic is to feed them less at nite so that they'll be more hungry & will drink/ eat more during the day. Also not to let them develop the habit of drinking milk in the middle of the nite.

Wish u good luck & hope u get yr good sleep back soon!
happy.gif

hi, plim,
Yalor, it's so lovely to see our babies sleep. Since they won't be babies for long, let's enjoy them now, worry abt how to transit them to their own bed later...
happy.gif

Hi SP

My Remus is born on 14 July 05.

Regarding the 2 method to reduce the nite feed, eer I don't think I can bring myself to do it especially when I hear him cry my heart will be soften. Btw I'm sick again twice within tis month.

Hi SP & love

I think I am like you two, love to have my bb sleep beside me as I love to watch them sleep. My hb likes that too. But recently, my bb has been "eating" into my hb space on bed and he said he can't move at all. Hehehe

SP, hh very happy in the photo! So cute!
happy.gif

Hi Venx

Your bb is born 1 day before mine!
happy.gif
He is so cute and handsome!
happy.gif

Re: Infant Care

I do send Bernice to Infant Care

Re: sleeping alone
we usually put Bernice in her cot and let her doze off on her own. started doing that since birth so we are used to it as she slleps in her own room.

Re: Dreaming
YES. All babies dream like us too.

Re:Watching BB sleeps
ya... agredd wif some of u that indeed it's very nice to watch our bb sleeps. aiya... don't get to do that.

But, parents out there who sleeps tog wif their bb must take extra care coz some of my friends' babies actually fall off the bed. A bit dangerous. Take extra care ok.

Sp & Venx,
ur baby is very cute

Hi

I have following tin of FM for sale or exchange to Gain IQ.

(1) Friso 2 From 6-12 mth (900g) - New with DHA & AA. Expiry Dte May 2007 = $20 or exchange with 900g Gain IQ or 2 tin of 400g of Gain IQ

(2) Dumex Mamil GOld Step 2 From 6 mth & above 400g) Expiry Dte Jun 2007 = $10 or exchange with Similac Follow on or Gain IQ

(3) Promil Gold 2 Age 6-12 mth Follow on Formula with Iron (400g) = $10 or exchange with Similac Follow on or Gain IQ

please email me at [email protected]

Hi Pol

if $550 for 5-days week and bring hm everyday and without solid is abit expensive. Normally abt $450-$500 add $50 for solid. So $550 shd incl solid.

Hi BabyKhoo,

Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been able to log in as my grandma passed away rather
suddenly last sunday. =(

So you'd be going to Kindermusik this weekend? I signed up for a trial class this Sunday.
Think it's at 2pm. This class has younger babies so that'll be good for Kellis. Looking forward to it.

Hi,can anyone tell me why my bb shows no interest in the porridge recently?have to sing n jump n act as clown before he eat a spoonful.This is not how he behave previously.
sad.gif

Good morning, ladies!
happy.gif

Wanted to post our table up yesterday after updating for Venx but forgot...

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

zen,
Wow, u really patient leh, willing to perform show to get Enzo to eat porridge. Hmm, do u think he could be bored of porridge ah? Is he eating cereal or other solids well?

Bluez... condolences to you.

Zen... could be teething. My boy suddenly lost interest in his food at one point. Must make funny faces before he will eat his porridge. Even if so he will only take a few mouthful. Now he will wallop his food. But there will be some days he don't show interest in food. Think like adults they will lose their appetite once in a while. Maybe you try to give more variety? Sometimes could be sick of taking the same thing day in day out.

Nur
Ya my bb born on 14th July so now see whose baby born on 12th July then we have 1 baby born each day fm 9th Jul.

tomatoes &amp; Joyfulstar
Thanks for your comments. but he's full of mischief.

Zen
try add pumkin or sweet potatoes and lean meat in the porridge to make it taste better. u can mashed up the vegetable and stir into the porridge but u can't give the lean meat. Otherwise u can just give him mashed pumkin or sweet potatoes. Buy those japanese sweet potatoes (purple colour) and pumkin cos they are sweeter.

All Mummies
Btw anyone already started to plan for bb 1st yr birthday party? Any ideas to contribute?

Bleuz

So sorry to hear about the demise of your grandma. Hope she passed away peacefully.

Mummies

Is anyone of you going to Robinsons Pte sales tonite? Need to tongpang one of you to order Jumperoo for me if convenient.

tomatoes

Robinson Storewide 20% sale? They got give the $5 discount voucher or not? I forget I threw away the mail already.

Hi SP, Odie, Joyfulstar, Tomatoes,

Thanks. My grandma left us suddenly and it's difficult as I'm very close to her. Infact,
this is the 3rd death in my family (all grandparents) within a period of 5 months. =(

Joyfulstar,

You bringing Bernice to Kindermusik this Sun? Is it trial or proper lesson already?
Will be fun for Kellis to know a friend with the same birthday. =)
How should we indentify each other this sun huh?

Hi Tomatoes,

Was at Robinsons yesterday and didn't even realise they're having a private sale. Sighz..
Went to Mothercare yesterday coz they had 15% off toys. More toys for Kellis .. heh.. =p

Aiyah.. Super Blur.. Thot the sale was yesterday. It's today!! What time does it start?

Hey Girls,

Maybe we should start a Yahoo Newsgroup or something. Or we could trade private emails. Let me knoe and I'd try to consolidate.

Venx

Yeh, storewide 20% + rebate at month end. I managed to get my friend to order the toy for me. Heng-ah..

bleuz
You take good care. Guess you just need time to get over it.

Robinson sales is for tonite as I received the invitation card. Mothercare 15% discount also not bad...
happy.gif
Kellis must be thrilled!
happy.gif

Metro having warehse sales at expo.Frm 23/03 to 26/03.

sp,odie
Enzo oreadi have 2 teeth at the lower gum.I di tell my mum to give him cereal sometimes.But she say porridge is better.If dun take porridge with meat,bb wont grow n will not have strength ..blah..blah...
sad.gif

And for the milk intake,it seems that the ml has reduced oso.is this normal?

Venx
Is pumkin very nutritious?heard quite a no of mummies giving their baby pumkin porridge.But my mama say it causes 'wind'.is this true????

hi all, wa, so many posts in a few days :p

Bluez, sorry to hear about the demise of your grandmother... i too was very upset when my grandmother passed away couple of years back... you take care...

zen, regarding pumpkin, i think it is nutritious... my mum has been giving my baby pumpkin quite often, i think almost daily... not sure if it causes 'wind' though... not heard of it before...

i think our parents naturally assume that taking porridge is the best, cos they dun believe in all these 'ang-moh' cereals ... hehehe

Hi Zen

Yap pumkin is very nutritious, most of my cosin and friends all give pumkin to their baby so I just follow. I don't think it cause wind never heard abt it, so far my baby ok. Maybe u don't give cold pumkin.

hi, zen,
Found this info on pumpkin aka squash from www.wholesomebabyfood.com

<font color="0000ff">Pumpkin
Vitamins: A (12230 IU in 1 cup!), C, K, Folate, Niacin
Minerals: Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron

As the nutritional content of Winter squash varies with the variety of squash, you will find a nutritional summary accounting for all varieties below:

Nutrition Facts (1 cup cooked-baked, cubes) Calories 79.95
Protein 1.82 grams
Carbohydrate 17.94 grams
Dietary Fiber 5.74 grams
Calcium 28.7 mg
Iron 0.67 mg
Potassium 895.85 mg
Folate 57.40 mcg
Vitamin A 7,291.85</font>

Seems nutricious to me, keke. Hmm, it may cause wind in some babies, so maybe give a bit &amp; observe, if ok next time can give more.

re: milk intake
My hh's milk intake also going down, hope it's normal...

re: porridge vs cereal
ya ya, my in-laws seem to think so too, guess home-cooked will always be considered better than instant commercial food. I don't know how to cook so I like giving cereal.
lame.gif

Hi Bleuz,
Bernice is having the proper lesson. I guess we'll be in the same class.
At the start of the class, the teacher will sing a Hello song and we'll get to know each otr's name.

Re: Yahoo Newsgroup
I'm fine. my email address is [email protected]

Re: Sales
so glad to know u mummies here and get to know when are the Sales. u r so updated.

zen,
pumpkin is very yummy. should try.

re: porridge vs cereal
Not so sure abt porridge coz yet to start Bernice on porridge.

What I did is, morning Bernice will have cereal Heinz baby 1st cereal or Multigrain cereal) together with the fruit &amp; veg puree that I prepared for her. This week for am, she's having pear, pumpkin &amp; green peas puree with cereal.

For dinner, Bernice will have 2 cubes of sweet potatoes, 1 cube of carrot, green peas/ califlower &amp; pear.
Total: 5 cubes without cereal coz sweet potatoes has the carbo.

Actually, just make sure that in our baby's diet, there's carbo, fruits, vege. (all in all contains iron, protein &amp; the req minerals.

heee... maybe i'll go Metro Sales at the expo tmr. Anyone going?

hi, tomatoes,
I use the normal ice cube tray without cover but will put the whole tray inside a plastic bag &amp; tie the bag up tightly with rubber band.

I try to use up the cubes within 2-3 weeks, max will keep for 1 mth.

I may stop preparing frozen puree as my hh seems to have weak digestive system (always got diarrhea problem). My MIL only feeds him freshly prepared food. My mum also disapproves of me feeding him frozen food.

Hi SP

Thanks for your advices.. I will try that. If hh cannot take frozen food then better to take fresh food. Luckily you have good MIL to help you. For me, my mother quite lazy to prepare porridge for my bb. She just like to feed her cereal. So from last week onward, I have started to cook porridge for my bb in slow cooker b4 I leave for work. So my mum has no excuse liao.

I see that you are quite active in the solid food thread. I will join you there. I wanna learnt to prepare more food for my bb too
happy.gif

I'm fine with the yahoo newsgroup too. But do we need a yahoo account? Me no have leh :p

Zen... congrats on your boy's pearlies ;) I think it is perfectly fine with feeding porridge rather than cereal as long as the baby is eating. In fact some babies don't like cereal... like my boy. He didn't quite like the taste initially. PD said quite normal for asians not to take cereal. That's when we started him on porridge. Come to think of it better to give porridge... cos can have more variety. Some ingredients may not go well with the cereal.

I think it is normal that your baby's milk intake decreases. Actually that is the purpose right? To eventually replace one milk feed with solid food.

tomotoes, sp, which solid food thread are you all refering to? wld also like to join to learn how to prepare a more variety of food for my bb too
happy.gif

odie, i think for the 1st year of baby's age, solid food is more to get them to accustomed to the different textures and flavor and of course the ultimate aim is to get them on total solid, but i think that won't happen until at least 2 or 3 years old (correct me if i'm wrong)... and for now, milk should still be the main nutrition intake...

bluez, with re to yahoo newsgroup, i'm ok for it... but i don't think it needs any email address right?

sp... thanks... was browsing the solids thread for the past 10-15 mins... quite a lot of information there... will b going into that thread for more information
happy.gif

Back