(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

forgetmenot,

me same pattern as u leh... if i want to get something and he dun let me, i will keep nagging and talking abt it till he bo bian...

not sure abt gripe water.. my mum gave to my boy since he's week2. she say its cooling...dunno how true...

sweatcorn..

maybe can try our method ;)

poohy, imagine i bugged him a few days to let me buy the toy n he relent but in exchange, i'll get nag for weeks!!! not very worth right?

sweatcorn,
okie..shd try it out tonite..
btw,do u use hot towel to massage ur breast before u BF?i find it quite troublesome esp when my boy is already screaming for bb..

actually hor,think i cant realli handle crying bb..cos dunno wat he wans...

poohy,
isit??okie..will check out the gripe water aft my confinement.....cant wait to get out of the hse..hehe..

hehe.....so we same pattern one..keke...think our hubbies oso cant stand us at times..
happy.gif

btw,do u intend to get bumbo seat for Samuel?

sgmom: I was out the other day for 7 hours and I got 270ml..it was a one time thing. Wonder if i can do the same. My girl drinks 120ml abt 7 to 8 times a day..I only scared I do that then the supply drop esp when I am going back to work in 2 weeks time.

sgmom: The problem lies with the liner?? Coz even with Avent bottles I notice the fats sticks to the bottle too..I can;t wait til my Avent adapter arrives so i no need to transfer the milk from Medela bottles to Avent for storage.
happy.gif

Carla_Lily: Wah lucky my hubby hates sports..else i think i will die. My mom just left Singapore and today is the first day I am taking care of baby 24 hours... scary but very rewarding..

Wah lucky my company is everyday casual day. I bought myself a few cargo pants, T shirt and new sport shoes. I am thinking of taking stair from now in the MRT stations and in office too, plus breastfeeding I hope I will be able to fit into my old clothes soon.
happy.gif

Hi Carla_lily,

My mother has been taking care of my nephew since he is one month old and my sis will only bring him back over the weekends (as he can't sleep well at sis's hse). So the first one year ... he is closer to my mum but as he gradually grow up, he is attach to his parents as well. So don't worry ok ...
I've another 10kg to shed to wear back my old clothes .... w/o BF ... I wonder if this is possible???

Btw, my HB veri thrifty ... my boi onli has one toy onli ...

Hi poohy,
Thanks for helping me buy the playmat...
And yes, Samuel definitely can respond to sound cos he looked at me when I said "hello" to him!

Re: toys...
I also think I bought toys cos I'm keen on playing with them leh! haha... to date, bought a musical mobile (cheap cheap wind up kind- good investment cos he loves it!), Fisher-Price's Ocean series Octopus, Sassy rattle, Ernie puppet which he dislikes, a Playgro giraffe rattle..etc cant remember all.

Re: bumbo seat
I was looking at that for awhile... wanted to buy but seems like my boy's butt will outgrow the seat space v soon leh...

Mummies who delivered in KKH:
Did they test for bb's blood group? Mine didn't have...
kao_confused.gif

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Wt/kg</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Ht/cm</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Birth</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>Birth</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>3rd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8</TD><TD>3.9</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>61 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Krazy</TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>4.8</TD><TD>5.025</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>50.5</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>58.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>5.95</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>57.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aaron</font></TD><TD>3.18</TD><TD>4.56</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>52.5</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zavier</font></TD><TD>3.25</TD><TD>5.22</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>60</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>15-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Xavier</font></TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>4.85</TD><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>58</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaevir</font></TD><TD>3.16</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>59</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaeden</font></TD><TD>3.29</TD><TD>5.39</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>51</TD><TD>61</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cloie</font></TD><TD>2.915</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>53</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>22-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD>3.27</TD><TD>4.975</TD><TD>5.95</TD><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>58</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Phoebe</TD><TD>23-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>2.88</TD><TD>3.6</TD><TD>5</TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>57</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joshmummy</TD><TD>26-Apr</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Joshua</font></TD><TD>3.015</TD><TD>4.24</TD><TD>5.45</TD><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>57</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babebabe</TD><TD>29-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarissa</font></TD><TD>3.28</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>58</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>29-Apr</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>3.97</TD><TD>5.2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>55</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clara</font></TD><TD>2.96</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD>4.3</TD><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>59</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Picnic</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Bryon</font></TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>3.65</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD></TD><TD>45</TD><TD>50.8</TD><TD>52</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juneten</TD><TD>8-May</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>2.385</TD><TD>4.325</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>47</TD><TD>52</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>12-May</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Constance</font></TD><TD>3.37</TD><TD>4.8</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>56</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blurmom</TD><TD>27-May</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lisa</font></TD><TD>2.79</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>55</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>24-Jun</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font></TD><TD>2.84</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD>28-Jun</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">ryan</font></TD><TD>3.68</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>30-Jun</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font></TD><TD>3.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>51</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

zypto,

ya samuel can responds to voices now... and he is very kpo.. if he is in good mood, he will also smile or chuckle when people "talk" to him...

sweatcorn...

hehee looks like not easy for u to buy toys liao ...

re: bumbo seat

forgetmenot, I had wanna get hold of it during the taka fair ... but my mum and hubby thinks its exp and bb wont be sitting in it for very long. So I think its more practical if i managed to find a 2nd hand one at a VERY good price... else I wont buy it
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">poohy,zyp</font>
I juz purchased a 2nd hand bumbo seat for Keane. The seller says that the seat is new. Got it for $65. Agree that it's exp if buy brand new ones. Mine is a blue colour.

I am feeling so tired since started work. Lack of sleep. Last nite, woke up at 2.30am to express milk, 4.30am to feed EBM, 6.30am to get ready for work. Zombie now....

hytten: if ur milk supply not enuff then try to express more regularly. Dun drag 7hrs okie. Not very good. Similarly even medela bottles, ameda bottles, avent bottles, e fats will stick to e sides one.. but I find that bottles, once u leave them out for like 5 mins, the fat will "dissolve" back into e rest. But for bottle liners, sometimes then dont mix back.

As for those adaptors, how much did u pay for them?

dewdrops: same I see those whitish particles also, I believe it's the fats. Once u heat up e milk u wldnt see them anymore. BTW U thaw frozen milk which is stored in bottles or bags?

poohy,
ya lor..i oso think the bumbo seat quite exp..but it seems quite gd.....

agreed with u tt if got 2nd hand one,might as well get it cos bb cant sit in there for long..

mummies,
ask u something..last nite i made 100ml of formula for my boy to drink..but he oni drank 80ml(usu he is quite full aft drinking 80ml,we tried to feed him the remaining 20ml but he rejected it..then a short while later,keeps crying..n oni stop crying when i latch him on..
n he can still suck n suck like still hungry..

any idea if he is still hungry or oni wans to suck for comfort??

forgetmenot: I also experience similar thing last time.. latch on.. drink drink drink.. after that doze off thot she is full.. then 1/2hr later cry cry cry.. latch on again.. suck suck suck..

some say she didnt drink enuff, some say bb with wind then to feel hungry all the time. I also dunno who is right.

bumbo seat:
OIC... I've seen tt before.. comfy meh.. it's like wedging their butt inside a tub :p But kids dun stay awake for very long hrs a stretch.. I'll prefer a bouncer over that coz they can doze back to sleep seamlessly :p But I guess that seat will be good to teach BB how to sit properly.

sgmom,
i oni experienced this yesterday..dunno isit becos he is experiencing growth spurt..hehe..but i doubt so lah..

i find tt my bb get frighten vv easily leh..sometimes he can be asleep,then next moment,he will cry vv loudly like he is having a nightmare or someone has scared him..
any idea how to prevent it?? i got put beansprout pillow on his chest..but he can still get frighten leh..

the bumbo seat,shd be comfy cos vv soft mah..but it can oni used for a while oni..

Bumbo seat- i saw it at mothercare too. Tempted to buy but as u all say, use a while oni. My gal now refuses to be laid down while she is awake, abit kpo, want to be carried around facing outwards, to look around. Thought the bumber seat wld be good for her.

Can use until wat age?

Ahhh!can't fit into my Levis jeans liao... tried them on yest.. oh gosh, need to reduce waist by a chicken before can go in again!
angry.gif

Forgetmenot, my gal also suddenly cries occasionally when she is asleep. then after a moment, she goes back to sleep.. put pillow on her chest oso like that. My mum says she hvg dream that she is crying. Nothing we can do abt it.

jas03,
but sometimes see liao so heartpain..so for a moment,he is sleeping so soundly..then next moment,he crying so loudly..so poor thing..

then my mil asked mi to tie his hands..which i dun wan..cos weather so hot..n my boy gets rashes so easily....n think he will be even more poor thing if tie his hands..

hope tt they will pass this phrase soon...

think the bumbo seat can oni used till 1 yr old....i like the bumbo seat cos got lilac colour..hehe..

forgetmenot: my gal also like that.. suddenly cry out damn loud in her sleep. Last time she'll just suddenly stop &amp; continue to sleep.. nowadays she'll continue to cry, dun pick her up dunno how to stop her crying, pick her up she'll wake up (as in open her eyes). I also dunno why or how to prevent. I also use the beansprout pillow. But I do realise that by letting her sleep on her side it seemed to work.

Confession:
Tis 2 days I was thinking of stop breastfeeding. So tired everyday coz I have to express milk at 11+/midnite.. for someone like me that needs to sleep like 8hrs a day.. it has become quite unbearable for me liao. Everyday I felt very light headed coz I'm so sleepy... but at e same time I felt so guilty coz I got milk so then stop.. then again.. wat satisfaction do I really get from breastfeeding when I express all the time???? For those mothers who latch ur precious one.. u can look forward to this time of closeness.. whereas for me.. I express milk in my room while my MIL takes care of her outside.. sometimes I feel that I'm losing the plot here...
sad.gif

forgetmenot, ya - sometimes she lets out cries that are so chum like that.. very heartpain.. i will stroke her, sayang sayang.. its ok mummy's here.. after a while she goes back to sleep. the thing is, she does these dream cries with her eyes closed. so i am really certain she is dreaming.

Sgmom,me too! i express after bb sleeps @ last feed. then when she wakes up 5-6am i express... whole day express express.. oredi very sian. My gal dun even want to latch. But think of it as you are giving her the very best milk there is. That will keep us going! Jia you!
bounce.gif

sgmom n jaso3,
ya lor..he will cry until his whole face vv red...realli vv heartpain..
actually hor,i thot oni younger bbs will get this..but ur bbs already few mths old liao,still will get nightmare??

so strange hor..didn't realised tt bb will noe how to dream at this age..

i realised tt he will usu get this in the day,at night,he is quite ok..so wat my CL does is tt she lets him sleeps on his tummy..

as for BF..i find it tiring to BF cos my boy can latch on for a vv long time..n oso dunno if he got enought milk or not..cos aft 1 hr or so,he will start to scream for milk again....

actually i think formula shd be quite gd too..cos aft all..most of us are on formula when young..
my hubby told mi tt if i feel vv tired n stress on BF,then we just give our boy formula..no point persist on BF..n in the end,not vv gd for mi n bb..

gals,

not sure whether u read the nkf revelations on news... me read thru the report and feeling really pissed off with them now.. especially with the person who said that $600k salary a year is peanut!

sgmom,
cant u bring ur gal in n latch her on?if possible,i think it will be gd to latch her on at night..

for mi..i think i still cant handle my boy when he crys..the oni thing tt i can comfort him,is to give him my breasts..tt's y i'm still hanging on to BF..dunno wat to do if i stop BF totally.....

Re:Jabs
anyone bringing their bb for 5 in 1 jabs at the polyclinic??

was thinking if i shd bring my boy for 5 in 1 jab or 6 in 1 jabs

poohy,
no leh..wats in the news??

<font color="aa00aa">sgmom,</font>
same here, thot of giving up BF soon as I am losing my patience now. My son takes an hour to finish his milk and I am always rushing to express milk in the morning and after work. Sleep is getting lesser and lesser. Last nite, I woke up at twice, once for expressing and once for feeding. Didnt really sleep.

In the morning, have to rush to bathe and express milk, then have to feed him EBM. He takes so long to drink and fuss and cry many times during feeding. After feeding, then can change and get ready for work. Feeling very tired and drained out. Expressing at work is also not easy. When I have meetings or trainings, have to drag the expressing interval longer and ended up feeling so engorged. Worse is when the nursing room is packed, have to wait for my turn and thus wasting time. After work, have to rush home to express milk and hubby will look after him while i express. Feel that the time I spend with Keane is getting lesser and lesser. So sad.

I feel bad abt thinking of giving up. Trying to tahan for as long as possible. Feeling so stressed now as he dun drink much. Every feeding is like going to a battle.

<font color="aa00aa">poohy,</font>
ya man, I will not donate to NKF anymore. So angry after reading the news. $600K a year is too much!!!

sgmom:
i understand your frustrations! but in my case, its the other way round... how i wish i can express and store the milk and then when cheryl needs it, just bottle feed her.
up till now, she still refuses the bottle and i will be starting work in about 1.5 weeks. thus i am very worried.
told my mil that i would go back to work morrow for a few hours and she has to handle my girl. gave her all the necessary instructions and taught her how to heat up the frozen milk and all. but dunno if she will do it as instructed cuz she always has something to say about my instructions.
told her that if cheryl still refuses the bottle, then must spoon feed. and she said, if cheryl refuses, she will beat and she really raised her hands to slap my girl's thighs and bum.
i stopped her cuz i told her cheryl hasnt done anything yet so why hit her already?

now i am really weary... think she wont hestitate to really hit her. i called my mum and told her to come to singaproe to help me out for a few weeks if my mil cannot handle. mentioned this to my hubby but he didnt sound pleased at all. ... looks like he really wants to see his girl "suffer"

forgetmenot,

its abt NKF's defamation lawsuit against SPH for an article that shows its extravagance. And the lawsuit expose even more shocking truths of their extravagance. Imagine just the CEO of NKF earns $25k a mth, 12 month bonus just last year and travel on first class. Even the toilet seat he uses is specially imported from germany. The list just goes on and on.... they misled the public to think they have enough funds for 3 years only only to be revealed in court yesterday that it will last them 30 years! Read the newspaper ...

Poohy,

Thanks for waiting up for me last night. Samuel is so cute. I love his eyes... so charming... and he smiled at me last night!!!

RE: NKF
I will not donate to NKF again unless they are more transparent with the donations!!!

$600k a year!!! Very Very angry with him. Still dare to say privacy privacy privacy... we are his paymaster... he shld disclose the information rather than trying to protect his privacy!!! Worse still, when we are only getting 1-3 mth bonus, this guy is getting 12 mths bonus!!!

Hate to think our donations have been abused by NKF. Now, only the CEO's pay is disclosed, how abt the top management??? Really want to know how much is being paid to all staff of NKF last year....

I'm glad I have stopped donating to NKF since last year after reading a report that they have $185million in reserves and hearsay that staff over there are getting 6 mths bonuses even when the economy is not doing well.

carla,

no problem at all. Samuel was still fussing and cranky minutes before u came... guess he love to have more company than just me and hubby hehee...

forgetmenot,

even if u stop donating from this minute on, they have enough to spend like what they had been doing and last 30 years. So I think our money should be channeled to other charity that needs it more.

forgetmenot,
I really wonder for every dollar that we donate, how much goes to the patients and how much goes to the staffs' pocket??? Unless they come clean with our donations, don't think I will donate to them anymore. There are other non-profit charity organisations that need donations too...

Poohy: I also bought alot of tiny love toys for cloie but i guess she din know how to appreciate yet. She is also slowly responding to our voices and will "talk" to us and also let out laugh..so funni...

Ytd saw samuel, he is so cute..smile in his sleep. I also like your house concept.

RE: Stopping Breastfeeding
I have wanting to stop bf but can't stand to let her cry coz she will get choke easily... But I will definitely wean her off b4 she reached 6mth.
Ladies if u can still tahan, keep feeding lor..if not then start to wean them off already.

Morning gals,

My 2-week plus BB loves to be carried and walked about. Do you gals face the same problems too? It's quite tiring as since he will scream loud if I tried to sit down. This happens about 2 to 3 times a day after feed ... and each time last for 2-3 hours.

Btw, anyone gv pacifier to bb?

RE: Stopping Breastfeeding

Gals, do tahan if you can on BF. For me , I've no ss yet and since I've childhood asthma and HB has sinus, I felt guilty of not giving BF to bb which gynae and PD strongly recommend...
sad.gif

Hi beanbox, i hv the same prob too. now she has got her fav position, she wants to be carried facing outwards, and MUST stand, and MUST walk around. haha.. she win liao!

I give pacifier to my gal at very last resort.. when she is inconsolable. Sometimes she rejects it even. But at times, it helped to calm her down and make her sleep on her own. Depends on her mood one.

ariella, carla,

thanx for compliment on samuel... my mum always say he is very charming with his eyes (very long lashes) and smiles (he got dimples and always stick out his tongue when he smile) .. but he can be a monster when he get cranky.

how do u find the playmat ? I love it but havent use yet cos samuel still dunno how to crawl yet
happy.gif

Hey gals...
finally have some time to post here ...
Today's my 2nd day of work.. quite overwhelming for me..
I leave my bb with my parents' and since my office is very near my parents' place.. i go back for lunch and at the same time breastfeed my boy.
Already felt so tiring.. running to-and fro.
Morning.. also must wake up an hour earlier to express milk coz' my bb stay with my parents on weekdays.. drive to my parents' place, deposit the milk and then go to work..
Hopefully i can perservere til he's abt. 6mths old.

<font color="0000ff">beanbox</font>
Both me and hubby have childhood asthma too and i also have sinus.. so PD recommended NAN HA for my boy as my boy has ultra sensitive skin. What abt. yours? What fm are u supplementing your bb now?

Hi Jas03,

Yup, it is SOOO tiring!!
I gv the pacifier to my bb after endless nagging from MIL. I think my bb is 'spoilt' by parents in law and HB from birth as they took turns to carry him everyday. Come to evening, my whole body ache from carrying him!
Do you think there is remedy for tis?

Hi oreo,

R u the one staying at Pasir Ris??
My bb is on Nestle NAN HA too! Each tin cost $29 which last for 2 weeks as since I've no SS to supplement him.

beanbox ..
yah.. that's me!
NAN HA expensive hor! That's why i try to pump as much as i can so i can save some milk powder.
But i bought all my tins from the eastshore pharmacy.. it's cheaper than outside coz' got 10% off for ESH mummies.

Back