(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Ladies:
Wow.. quite alot of posting.. only managed to skim thru.

Re: BBs like being carried
I think it's a very common situation huh? Mine also somewhat like that. Carry in arms sleep, put her back in her cot.. wakes up & cry. But somehow we realise that it's becoz she doesnt want to sleep on her cot during the day. She prefers to sleep on the bouncer in the living room during the day. We suspect it's becoz she is lonely in the room when everyone else is in the living room.

BB's weight:
When to the PD on sat (tell u gals the horrible story later). She now weighs 4.975kgs as as 6wk 1 day. THot she quite big size liao.. I guess she is just normal hor.. compared to Sweatcorn's :p (BTW wat time are we meeting tmrw?)

Twinklets: It depends. Sometimes as fast as within the minute. SOmetimes takes 10mins. After 15mins no burp then we'll give up.

Poohy: Wow.. surprised samuel can still wear NB huh.. I "upgrade" Valerie to S size some weeks back already. Not that cannot wear, but her thighs will get those red marks from the diaper gathers.. so I changed to S size.. even now.. she wears Drypers also like that.. her thighs are chubby.. like her mommy (sigh..)

Fan Bai Yen & Cross-eye:
My girl also does that very often. Everytime she stares at something for too long, her eyes will cross. I'll immediately distract her so that she can re-focus. I very scared if I dun do that it'll be permanent.

Musical mobile
I have one.. she'll smile when I play the music (1st time). After the music finishes & I re-wind & play again.. she'll be less interested.. 3rd time she'll not even be listening already.. she'll turn her head here there everywhere :p

"Merlion"
Ok.. share with u gals a horrific experience I had last sat. My FIL was going on holiday, so the whole family went to Changi Airport with him & then have breakfast there. After breakfast we fed her FM. Immediately after her feed we went to Geylang so that my MIL can buy her dao-sa to make dumplings.

After that we headed back to Hougang (Ang-Moh) to buy some groceries. After that headed home & bathed her. 3hrs after the feed at the airport she starting crying so we thot she is hungry. Warmed up her milk & my hubby fed her.

Before she even drank a few mouthful she vomited out ALOT of milk.. even out from her nose! And it's hell ALOT ALOT of milk.. since my hubby has yet to fed her breastmilk.. all those vomited out were FM. We were so scared!

We immediately changed her, sayang her. She promptly dozed off after that incident. So we thot, never mind let her sleep first. She'll wake up very soon one. half hr later she was still sleeping. So I told my MIL to wake her up to feed her.. since she vomited out most of her morning feed. My MIL feed her half way.. maybe only 1/3 of the bottle & she immediately vomited out all the milk again!

My hubby & I were very disturbed.. so immediately called our PD to make an appointment (thankfully he works full day on a Sat). After the 2nd vomiting incident, she changed her again and she doze off again. After hr later she starting crying.. so we thot she is hungry. We dunno whether to feed or not to feed.. but decided to feed since she cries for feed this time round.

This time I was the one feeding her.. again.. same thing happened... I was really very scared & worried.. dunno why she is like that...

the PD told us there are 3 possibilities: 1) Reflux, 2) Infection, 3) some medical condition whereby there is a soft tissue in the intensines. 2 & 3 was out coz for 2), she shd be running a fever. for 3) the PD will be able to feel a lump.. which he didnt. So he told us to monitor her condition, once she develops fever & tt she continues to vomit, admit her immediately.

Assuming that wat happened to her is a case of Reflux, he told us to reduce her feed & add this thickener so that it's easier for her to hold her feed. After every feed.. always burp her. Even after burping, dun lie her down flat immediately. Either carry her or place her on a surface that's raised to around 30 degrees for 1/2 hr.

THat day Valerie slept alot.. we guess it's becoz she has motion sickness. The journey from airport to geylang to Ang mOh then back home cld be too much for her to bear.

Sun morning she had a super duper big poop (she didnt poop much on sat).. and losta fart.. after that she looks more alert.. wat a relieve...

sgmon,

I eat normal food...didnt take anything special. I'm not really tat hungry but more thirsty. I keep tinking of drinking drinks like milo, holicks, milk, cereal drinks but not water
sad.gif

I do take small meals in between partly becoz I stay awake too long pumping & feeding her thus alot of energy gone away. But sometimes after small meals, I can't take proper meals...too tired liao.

I guess my milk supply will drop when I return to work next week.

Morning ladies

After 3 consecutive nite shift and 1 more tonite, i decided to wean off Cloie from direct bf. I think i can't stand the mess from my leaking nipples and milk all over her..when she suddenly spit out my nipples.
Sigh! I m also getting very frustrated on why she stretches so much and making so much noise when she does tat, she looked like she being possessed and can't control her body and also look like in pain...If wan to go doc, oso dunno how to tell the doc.

RE: Cleaning bb's tongue

Have any of mum here managed to clean bb tongue? I dunno is it the accumulated milk stain on cloie's tongue, she kept sticking it out. Have bot a gel from chinese medical hall for cleaning tongue but have to wait till my aunt come tomolo then can clean, my ma and i dun dare to do it..

sgmon,

Paige also throws out milk...she's worse, she throws everyday (Merlion)but not every meal...she's being like tat since birth.

Have taken her to see a GP but the GP said it's just wind....my appt to see a PD is tis sat.

ariella,

we clean samuel's tongue everyday since week2. put some of the gel on a handkerchief or cloth folded on your finger. Then place it into his mouth and gently wipe the tongue... follow by the gums.. like brushing teeth like dat... my mum said its impt to do that in order to prevent oral thrust.

sgmon,elaine,

samuel also vomit out everyday.. sometimes merlion sometimes a little... i notice its especially when he stretches after feed. My GP also say its wind.. so we just give him gripe water and colic drop daily.

sgmon,sweatcorn,

maybe your bb are still young... samuel dun used to pay any attention to the mobile also but as he grew, he starts to like them. Yesterday, we place him inside the gymini and he had so much fun... keep making LOTS of loud coo-ing sound, waving his hands at the wind chimes... think he like those chimes... cos got sound coming out...

ariella: when i do latch val on.. she's also like tt.. very messy.. she spits out my nipple then promptly starts searching for it.. u put a towel on u thighs lor.. so tt u wldnt dirty ur bottom.

my MIL will clean her tongue every bath.

poohy,
can u still remember how long it takes to do the CTG scan?

sgmom,
how's Valerie now??does she still vomit?
btw,how do u know how much ml of milk to give her each time?

Hi Elaine..
u going back work so soon??
well Gerald also throws milk out almost every fed but his is little little (most of the time) my mother n in law n nanny say is normal unless a lot like merlion coz bb's stomach very small only...

i din really clean Gerald's tongue but his last check up show he is doing fine.. but he like to play with his tongue keep sticking them out... so cute...

oh man! My Cloie have super stained tongue, it not been clean since birth..opps no wonder she keep sticking out her tongue.

Sgmom: Exactly the same scenerio as u. Sometime when she is calm, everything very clean but when she start getting unsettled, my whole pajamas top and her shirt will be wet. Wat i did only put a hankie around her neck before i bf her, but sometime oso dun help.

<font color="aa00aa">poohy,</font>
Thanks! Will check out bb hyperstore for the tiny love toys. BTW, what time does bb hyperstore closes on weekends?

<font color="aa00aa">twinklets,</font>
I hand wash the MIM sling.

forgetmenot,

if u r doing the ctg at dr yeong's clinic, your hubby wont be able to go in with u... they din allow my hubby to ... so he sat outside at the clinic. hey do u notice they revamp the clinic layout ?

tigger,

no prob... ur baby will love their gymini. I only know they open at 10am but dunno wat time they close leh... The total playground gymini cost abt $120 but there will be 15% discount (or is it 20%) on all tiny love toys....
happy.gif

poohy,
isit??hmm..then maybe i ask my hubby not to go checkup with mi this wk..since he will be vv bored sitting outside waiting for mi..

got revamp the layout meh??i did not notice leh..
but i always find it quite amazed,how they know which room the doc is in,cos they neber put the name outside the rm..

btw,are u n tigger talking abt this super deluxe gymini? mothercare is selling at 80 plus leh....the cheapest i hve seen so far..

forgetmenot,

i think bb hyperstore also selling the super deluxe gymini at abt $79 after discount. Its quite nice and the award winning gymini. But there is a newer one called Total Playground (www.tinylove.com) and i find this one even better.. its slight more exp at abt $95 after discount. I really love the tinylove toys.

Congrats Jasmine and LV.
Btw Janetan gave birth on 4 Jun to Baby Cheryl. 3.745kg. So cute, she has A LOT of hair.

Poohy: Isabelle also likes her musical mobile from Tinylove. We had another not so bright one b4 that and she didn't like it. i reckon it's becos' the former is very colourful and attent getting. But usually after abt 30min she will be bored.

twinklets: i put MIM sling in laundry bag and wash.

ariella: i read that it is not necessary to clean baby's mouth until they start teething (to prevent tooth decay). Another book says that can clean now for baby to get used to us meddling with their mouth so that when they teeth and we need to clean, there'll be less resistance. But my MIL says sld clean everyday. But i only clean occasionally cos Isabelle dun really like.

Btw have u given away ur Similac? If not can i have it? i'll like to try it to see if Isa's poo will be more often. Now is once every 2-3days.

Oh sometimes when Isa is falling asleep, i see she fan bai yan also. Then sometimes when she's not alert, she also a bit cross-eye. But i also read that the cross-eye part is normal, they sld outgrow it.

i have one new tin of Anmum (900g), opened but never drink before. Does anyone want?

sweatcorn: Where do you stay? i bought the $27.30 Enfalac at Loyang Point's medical hall. Sometimes a bit inconvenient so i get it at another medical hall in Pasir Ris Central $27.80.

sgmom: Val is v cute. She looks quite tanned. Hope her reflux will get better. Scary hor.

Yest. eveng we brought her to grandma's place. Then we went shopping at IMM. Then half-way she started to WAIL very loudly. It was almost impossible to pacify her. It lasted from 8plus to abt 10pm. It was so loud and we have never encountered such a bad episode of crying with her. Poor thing. Although we have burped her at her previous feed at 6plus and she seemed normal after it, we think it was due to colic. Sigh.. hope she'll outgrow colic soon.

Isabelle turned 2 months last wk. So i finally decided to let her graduate from wearing mittens. But she itchy hand, scratch her face. Hope it won't get too bad.

Share with u ladies, some candid pic i took

Milky Stained Tongue
289129.jpg

Irritated
289130.jpg

Born boxer
289131.jpg

First ride on car seat
289132.jpg

Outburst
289133.jpg

Sarong "party" gal
289134.jpg

Ming: U can have the can of similac...I will ask my hubby to pass to u if he go to your area to have work appt. SMS u again

forgetmenot: She always does tat..so happened to caught her on camera..
Yup! I gave in to my ma, and she sleep quite long in it sometime but still need ppl to shake her..

ariella,
if she sleeps in the sarong,will she has difficulty sleeping in the bb cot at night? my mil oso said tt without sarong,it is hard for bb to sleep..

forgetmenot: At first i thot she will be uncomfy sleepin on the bed/cot after in sarong. She is still ok sleepin in bed... In sarong, she seem to sleep longer. I m still montioring coz she only started sleeping in it like a week.

I will probably go the bb hyperstore this sat. I want to buy the Symphony-in-motion. Looks cool...
happy.gif

As for the play gym, I have bought one from kiddy palace recently...so maybe not getting the total playground gymini (I think the total playground gymini looks so much better than the one I bought).

forgetmenot,

its do ctg then see doc cos he needs to analyse the ctg results mah
happy.gif
how many weeks are u in now ?

re tinylove toys

I think tinylove toys are one of the best cos they are well designed to capture attention and to develop/stimulate bb in all aspects..

Stephy,
My gal these few days appetite drop .. Prepare 120ML of FM, but she can only drink aro 80 to 90ml .. sighs.. she still got tat nipple confusion, but i think take a lesser time liao.. i still want to latch her on cos tat will simulate more milk for me .. my pump like not muz simulating leh ..

Tigger/Ming,
Thanks! I guess I'll hand wash it then iron it. Cos realize my washing machine kinda dirty leh. Wash clothes, then got black small stuffs on clothes 1. Wondering how to clear this black stuffs.
sad.gif

Everytime gotta pick them out from Ashley's clothes &amp; towels.. sighs..

Ariella,
gee.. u not alone man.. worst noone told me gotta wash the tongue leh until now i see forum then i noe!
Her tongue still white white, if she drinks alot of water tat day, will be better not tat white..
So how u gog to clean Cloie's tongue??

Btw, Cloie looks so cute.
happy.gif

Sgmom,
Think Valerie tat day went to too many places , may get some wind also .. My gal everytime go out come bk also got problem 1 (1st time is 1 mth celebration, we up &amp; down the house &amp; the function area at downstairs, 2nd time was fren's hsewarming) ... scare liao.. guess we can bring her go shopping only after 3rd mth .. so sad ..
sad.gif

Btw, when Ashley big merlion, we wont feed her until is like 2 hr+ interval. Even she cry out loud, we'll try to make her zz or put pacifier .. Cos for sure she'll vomit again if feed her immediately or 1 hr like tat ...

Btw, Valerie is so cute. Wow she has grown!
Btw, can help me check ur mil use wat to wash her tongue?

Btw Jane, congrats! U have a big bb too!
happy.gif

Just an update .. Ashley now weighing 5.2kg &amp; 55cm liao. Her thighs also quite chubby leh, find tat the Drypers S size abit small for her leh, though the size is cater for 3 to 7kg (i think).......
uhoh.gif

Doc said her wt gain &amp; lt gain is average, &amp; told me her weight shd double by end of 3rd mth. wow .. my arms very shiong ..
lame.gif

poohy:
6-in-1 jab
Will be taking the jab tomorrow. I think I'm going to take up the package and it cost around $650/-. How abt urs?

Tongue washing:
I wash my BB's tongue everyday using a sterilized gauze. Initially my CL used wet cotton wool but I felt very uncomfortable with wet cotton wool. So I forced her to use gauze.

Fan Bai Yan:
My BB does it too... especially at night when she is very very tired...

Sgmom,
So envy u... can bring Valerie out. My HB doesn't allow me to bring my girl girl out until she is 6 mths old... now with flu virus, polio etc, he is even more determine not to let girl girl go out... *sigh*... I want to go shopping also cannot... leave my girl with my mum last fri so that i can go shopping and cut my hair but can't help but feel guilty abt leaving my girl girl at home while I enjoy myself.

ariella: Heh u can capture Cloie in so many diff. actions.

Thanks 4 the formula! No hurry. Not sure if Enfa at ur area is cheaper. If u need me to help to buy Enfa, let me know. i think my GP dun have such lobang, so i'll settle for the medical shop.

twinklets: Wow Ashley is long &amp; big. Heh. Yar sometimes i also find S a bit small for chubby Isa liao. So i bought some M to stand by. But i find M too big.

Hi ladies,

Haven't been surfing the web since i gave birth...

My little Caitlyn was born on the 24th May 2005, weighing 3kg....
My whole labour was relatively short but it wasn't pleasant cause my baby was in icu for a few hours which scare the hell of outta me...

check with you ladies, how long did your menses last???

Carla lily,
how to sterilize the gauze?
Issit a must to clean the tongue?
Ashley dun stick her tongue out alot, think v hard to clean her leh.. think she'll cry like hell....

ming,
haha... ya she's certainly big &amp; long nowadays.. She can wear those 3 to 6 mths clothes liao ...

mumof1,
welcome bk!
wat happen? mind to share wif us..?
My menses last till 4 wks .. 3rd wk onwards more like brown discharge, occasionally got red .. my mum say is gd cos let out the toxins.. i suspect is the black beans soup which cause the menses to hv more...

Hi ming...
actually i also bought 'M' diaper for Gerald... small look so small though he say it can cater till 6kg... but though Gerald is only 5kg the diaper look so small on him... haha...

btw this morning, Gerald is so noti... at 7am he wake up while i'm in the washroom getting ready for work.... he wake up n make noise... so my hubby try to pacify him... but when i'm done and took the receviing blanket, put him on it, he smile at him, like he know he is ready to go out.. haha my hubby say he getting usual to the timing to go out.... haha..

hi carla lily,
normally when we go out, we would ask my mother or in law to babysit Gerald... as his neck is still not firm plus we afraid he might not be happy... but yesterday i took him to Parkway... guess what he sleep the whole way through in the MIM sarong.... only wake up thought he want milk as it had pass the 3hr interval so make so him... in the end only take a small bit then went back to sleep....

hi mumof1,
mine was super long.... abt 1.5month though interval did stop for a couple of days

my gosh... 4 weeks... i'm sticking to the strict confinement law of no shower but i really cannot stand it especially with menses... gonna sneak out tomoro for a hairwash...

well.... my labour this time lasted for 2 hours only but i noticed that my gynae was rushing me into my labour cause he had another 2 patients at the same time... So they burst my water bag almost immediately. They wanted to put me on drip to hasten the whole process but i refused cause i did not have that for my first child. My godma who is a midwife asked why my delivery was a assisted one and to find out that the gynae gave me only 15 mins to push b4 using a vacuum.

the worst thing is that my godma told me that they wldn't give the patient the pain relief jab if they know tat the patient is gonna give birth in less than 2 hours... This is likely the cause of my baby's breathing situation which has to be monitored for 12 hours in the icu... she had breathing problems apparently because the jab sorta made her drowsy too....

Thankfully my baby is ok, but i just feel that it is really unnecessary...

poshies,

you are going back to work already.. your maternity leave is over???

my greatest regret is that i'm gonna miss the great singapore sale... grrrr... hope that after confinement, there are still good things left

carla,

i din take any package leh.. my boy's 1st jab cost $150... how many jab do they need to take for 6-in-1 ?

6 mths then can bring your gal out...wow i sure die. my boy goes out almost everyday with me to jurong pt for shopping and lunch since wk2. We been going out shopping everywhere from taka, centerpt, suntec, causeway pt, toa payoh hub, chinatown etc i love going ard finding clothes for him... hehe.. my hubby also cant tahan me but he dun really stop me going out... i become bb stuff shopaholic liao....

mumof1, congrats!!

Hi mumof1,
i only used 2month leave 1 more month to use later... as my boss need me back...

hi poohy,
u stay near JP? me too... maybe can meet up for lunch when i use my 1 month leave.... which is planned 3rd of this week to take 1 week

Hello ladies.

sgmom - Val is so cute in the pix. It must be scary for you when she vomit. Me also saw my girl shiver after feed yesterday and it scare me so much. I told my mum and she tell me that maybe it is due to she is cold or she want to vomit after feed and we put her in a position that she is not feeling comfortable. Hope what my mum say is correct. Now, i am also monitoring her feed and nowadays my girl also refuse to burp. We will burp her for 15mins to half an hour but she still refuse to burp and fall asleep too. When we put her down to sleep for 1 to 2 hours, she will suddenly vomit out milk when she is still sleeping. Make me worry too.

LV/Janetan/Jasmine : Congrats to you all !!

San : How are you now ? Have you move back to your own home ? I am still counting down and now i am left with 13 more days to go.

Krazy : How are you ? Have you talk to your hubby regarding your MIL unhygience ? Me still try to bear with my MIL as it is less than 2 weeks before i can go back to my own Mum home and i can't wait for that day to come.

poshies..

ya i stayed near jurong pt.... i live at blk684B .. the design and build blocks..
happy.gif

sian me now studying for my exam this saturday ... no mood to study ... but bo bian

re: enrichment classes

hey any of u gals going to bring your bb to classes ? I am thinking of going to trial classes when samuel reached 4.5 mth. I probably want him to join the Baby Jumper Gym... heard some good reviews on it.... the price also quite reasonable...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">forgetmenot,</font>
My gynae didnt do any CTG scan for me at all...His clinic doesnt has one. The only time I had CTG scan was like 1hr b4 my c-section op...

Have not thot abt bring Keane to any class yet. What is Baby Jumper Gym abt, only on weekends? Where is it and do we get any subsidy?

Hi ladies! Me busy with bb and too tired to post.

Re MIM sling, can wash with laundry bag and tie a sock to the ring to prevent knocking in the dryer.

Re 6-in-one jab, I went to the nearby 24 hr clinic and it cost me $105. Edie didn't have any fever that nite but she did wake up a few times crying so sadly...

Re shaving, we shave Edie at Fantastic Sams (Forum). She was kinda cute after the shave and we are also glad that we've did it as we found a blister on the back of her head.

Re tongue cleaning, we tried to clean Edie but she end up sucking the cloth instead.

forgetmenot,

err i think when to take ctg depends on the gynae.. for me, I only took it on my 37th week checkup and straightaway that day gotta deliver. u shd get your hospital bag ready just in case hehe
happy.gif

tigger,

baby jumper gym is one of the enrichment school just like shichida methods (brainbased), etc... its supposed to be whole brain learning... dun really know wat they means actually heheh... but i heard some review that its similar to shichida... dunno how true... and its implement GD flashcards. Its $300 per term (10 class) and 1 hour every class. Our bb can join the little crawlers earliest at 5mths old. I think there is weekend class else I dunno how i can make it .. cos i gotta work. www.bjg.com.sg

maybe next time when bb old enough we can go trial class together haha
happy.gif

Hi gals

would like to find out, is it true that baby who drink china barley will prevent jaundice? any one try before to let their new born baby drink?

Back