(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

poohy,
last night was joking with hubby tt wat if aft the scan tomolo,then doc asked mi to go n deliver??
but he vv confident tt bb will not come out so soon...hehe..
happy.gif

anyway,i think i better pack my hospital bag tonite..but my camera is not with mi..still thinking of getting it from my fren this wkend..

florence,
Edie so cute.....noes how to smile at camera..btw,the 1st pic,she has hair leh..isit taken before she shave botak?

Twinklets : why do u still want to give her FM if u are latching her on? What I did previously, I would latch Aaron on for a few days, then when I notice my milk supply comes in, I will stop and express out. Of course, it will take a few days for aaron to get use to the bottle again.

Twinklets:
I bought sterilized gauze from Guardian Pharmacy and cut them in smaller pieces (using a pair of scissor especially for BB). I soaked the gauze in the cool boiled water together with sterilized cotton balls. I clean her tongue during her bath in the morning and wipe in the evening. My girl girl very naughty. Always "bite" my finger.

Poohy;
I went for my 6-in-1 today. My PD charges $127 for one jab. Consultation at $35 if I did not take up the package.

I took up the package which includes all jabs required for BB up to 18 mths. It costs $663/-. Consultation @ $30/-. They did not charge me for the fever medicine.

All charges exclude GST.

RE: Classes for BB
My sis brought my niece to a class for 6-18mths BB at Julia Gabriel. Seems quite interesting... can go swimming, river tour etc...
It costs $170/-, if 3 participants sign up together, can get 30% discount.

Was thinking of signing up in Dec.

forgetmenot;
I did my CTG on my 37th week & 38th week... I deliver 2 days after my CTG on 38th week...

Must get ready ur hospital bag... especially your pyjamas/extra clothes. I saw a lady dressed in blood-stained pants attending a class for new mums at TMC. It's so unsightly but I guess she didn't bring along any pyjamas or clothes to change...

Poohy;
There're a total of 3 jabs for 6-in-1 to be taken when BB is 2 mths, 4 mths and 6 mths old.

Envy u... can take your BB out to shop... Can go to Orchard too!!! My HB so gan cheiong over everything. Refuses to let me bring girl girl out... and now citing the polio outbreak in Indonesia & flu virus as one of the reasons to keep BB at home. I understand his concern... so gotta wait till BB is 6 mths old b4 I can bring her out...

afternoon gals ..

Florence,
Edie looks so cute & galish
happy.gif

Mumof1,
Seem quite bad huh? If next time u decide to have another 3rd 1..better dun go to this gynea..
Wow u can sneak out & have hair wash meh??

Lately, Ashley has been v notti..wide awake even after the last feed (either 11+pm or midnite) Dunno how to make her zz.. Me losing my patience...
sad.gif
have vent frustrations on her.. me feel bad ... but juz cant help it..
Luckily my patient hubby help me or else i really dunno wat to do ..........
sad.gif
sad.gif

sometimes am thinking of gog bk my mum's place so tat i wont be so stressed coping alone in the daytime here.. sighs..

Carly lily,
thks! But I'm wondering how to make her open her mouth to wash her tongue..
uhoh.gif

Ur gal auto open for u?? She bite u??! hahah! can meh??

Forgetmenot,
wow u v fast gog to put on CTG! Mine was @ 39wk at immediately sent induced labor liao.
So u can start to count down liao.. heheheheh..

Gals whom got bouncers (is tat the correct term??) , u let ur bb lie down there for how long? Will it affect the spine if lie there for quite some hrs? Actually this bouncer is for wat huh? We got this electrical bouncer from my hubby's relative. I'm now letting her sit on it...hopefully she can auto doze off .. but still she's kinda awake leh ..
uhoh.gif

Btw, my gal is at 5th wk + liao, can i start to let her zz lesser in the daytime (by ka jiao her to play things) so that she can able to zz at nite??

carly lily,
waiting for 6 mths then can bring her out.. very tong ku ..
sad.gif
Tat mean u also cant bring her to her por por's hse huh??

twinklets,
My girl girl at times refuses to sleep at night too... lost my patience with her numerous time and my HB had to keep on reminding me that she is just a baby. Felt bad. Now I've learnt that if she doesn't want to sleep, don't force her to. In this way u won't feel so frustrated. What I did is to watch TV while rocking my BB and let her suckle. By watching TV, I'm de-stressing myself. Most of the time, she will feel so comfortable that she will fall asleep. But don't put her down so soon... I make sure I hold my BB for another 10 more mins and test if she is sound asleep by holding her hand up and drop it...haahaa... if there's some resistance, I will have to hold her for another 10 more mins.

Do consider going back to ur mum during the day. This is what I'm doing now. And it really helps alot. U get to rest in the day and thus replenish ur energy for the night.

I can only bring my girl girl to my PIL's place, my parent's place that's all... Very boring ...

But once, my HB had to pump petrol. Hence, I jumped at the chance of bringing my little one to the mart at petrol kisok citing reasons such as not safe to be in the car when refilling petrol...

Twinklets,
I think it's very difficult to stop a baby from sleeping in the day if she's tired. My girl girl is one such example.

I tried to prevent her from sleeping during the day. If she's tired, no matter how I play or talk to her, she will still fall asleep. At times, I tried to wake her up from her nap and she just open her eyes, smiled at me and return to Zzzzz... I just gave up... really don't bear to disturb her sleep after she gave me that sweet smile.

According to my PD, baby will nap lesser and lesser in the day as they grow older... more awake time...

Twinklets,

RE: Tongue washing
Her tongue is the first thing I wash during her bath... hence, I will take to her and when she opens her mouth to yawn or watsoever, I will just take the chance to insert my finger (wrap in gauze) in. She will try to prevent the washing by "biting" my finger with her gums. Wait for her to loosen a bit and I will continue to wash her tongue, gums etc despite her protest.

Carla_lily: I checked out the Julia Gabriel website. Didn't see anything at $170 leh.. Are you talking about the Playclub Nest? The cheapest is $978 for 3 days.

carla/twinklets,
i'm now trying to pack my hospital bag..can i wear back the same clothes tt i admit to hospital to go home??

my hubby quite confident tt i will not pop aft the ctg scan..cos i'm oni 36 wks..n dunno y he has a feelin tt the earliest tt i will pop is next wk..hopefully his instinct is correct..

btw,anyone bring any snacks for hubby to eat in case he is hungry in the middle of the night?

<font color="0000ff">as @ 07 Jun-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tankuku</TD><TD>15/06/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>30/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jia02</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Melody</font></TD><TD>2.85 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>28/03/05</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Samuel</font></TD><TD>2.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Isabelle</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>02/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KraZy</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.01 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Adam</font></TD><TD>3.5 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayson</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.13 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Paige</font></TD><TD>2.44 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>05/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aaron</font></TD><TD>3.18 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD>3.67 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zavier</font></TD><TD>3.25 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Xavier</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carla_lily</TD><TD>17/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.9 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>25/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaeden</font></TD><TD>3.29 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Javier</font></TD><TD>3.16 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>21/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cloie</font></TD><TD>2.92 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD>3.27 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edie</font></TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>3.97 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweetbaby</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>01/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarissa</font></TD><TD>3.28 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clara</font></TD><TD>2.96 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sharon(debragoh)</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>06/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font></TD><TD>3.21 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>07/05/05</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Bryon</font></TD><TD>2.33 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>JuneTen</TD><TD>08/05/05</TD><TD>10/06/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>2.4 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Constance</font></TD><TD>3.37 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sandra</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jas03</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>27/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shauna</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>17/05/05</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.14 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.39 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tricia</font></TD><TD>3.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sally</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yingting</font></TD><TD>3.53 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>mumof1
new.gif
</TD><TD>24/05/05</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Caitlyn</font></TD><TD>3 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>27/05/05</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lisa</font></TD><TD>2.79 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>san(nesame)</TD><TD>29/05/05</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.71 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>30/05/05</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>03/06/05</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan
new.gif
</TD><TD>04/06/05</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>3.745 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="ff0000">Missing Mummies, please update us if possible!!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmac</TD><TD>02/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tan(phobe)</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>??</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore,</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

Hi all,
I have been following up with the posting since I was pregnant. I gave birth to my gal, Faith on 7th April 05 after 17 hours of labour pain at MAH. Her birth weight is 2.68kg.
I'm back at work after 7 weeks (no choice) and my mum is currently taking care of her. Right now i'm worry about her milk intake. She is 100% on EBM and only drink 80 - 110ml every 3 hours. Last feed is usually 11pm and she can sleep throughout the night till 8am for her first feed. My husband and I do not have to wake up in the middle of the night after her full month. Guess lots of you will think I'm extremely lucky as I'm able to sleep long hours.
Can I just check if you gals if my girl's intake is sufficient. ie 100ml, 6 feeds per day?
Thanks

forgetmenot,

u can wear back any clothes u want hehe.. dun think got restriction as long as u r comfortable with it. dun think u need to prepare snack for your hubby cos there are snack vending machines ard and also the hospital prepares supper for companion too
happy.gif

Hi forgetmenot, the 1st photo was before she become botak. The fornt hair was not growing much as compared to the other areas, therefore we have decided to shave all to let her have a more even growth.

Hi Carla, we are bring Edie out everyday to buy lunch or dinner, in fact we have already got her passport and brought her to Malaysia for some shopping.

Hi CG, I think there is a formula somewhere on a guide to how much a baby should take (base on weight), I go look look...

Re MIL, really can't stand her! We told her that bb was crying a lot at nite (first month) and she always wanted our attention (which baby don't?). Then MIL went to a medium (dang ji) and that medium told us that bb's name and surname don't match and bb will be naughty until 4 months. The medium have also prepared another name for bb and some fu. MIL quickly put the fu on our gal while we were back for lunch and she also refuses to call our gal by her name, she even asked us to stop using the name (which hubby flatly told her NO). Strangly, that nite our gal supper chanky until we took that fu out, then she immediately stop crying and went to sleep peacefully...

poohy,
isit??the hospital got prepare snack for companion ah??gd gd gd..then i no need to bring snacks liao..
happy.gif

florence,
aiyo..this kind of medium cant realli trust too much....

Hi all,

I've uploaded more photos of Paige with her bo tar head...pics taken about 1 month ago. www.tongping.com/paige-sieng3

sgmon &amp; poshies - yup, going back to work next week. I dun ve maternity leave...no pay coz I'm actually working as a part-timer...only 4hrs then the rest of the day I do my own freelance...so during confinement I was still doing my freelance work.

gcc - Welcome to the thread...yr Faith has the same birthday as my Paige. My gal althou drinks about 120ml, she throws out sometimes all or 1/2 or just a mouth full everyday. so I guess your gal &amp; my gal intake is about the same. My gal also feeds every 3hrs &amp; sometimes also sleep thro the nite but I've to wake up to continue pump every 3hrs.

Gals,

Got a question to ask u all ...
I'm still expressing my milk though i do not direct-latch on to my boy anymore.
However, earlier on, i found that i'm starting to have menses.. is that normal??
Coz' i thought if you're breastfeeding or expressing, menses shouldn't appear so fast, right?

Anyone experiencing what i'm having now?

Just additional info for those whom are keen on taking Fenugreek ..

The Effect of Herbs on Milk Production is Questionable

Breastfeeding mothers are often interested in increasing their milk supply, particularly when mother and baby have been separated because of illness and the baby has been unable to nurse at the breast. The herbal literature suggests that some herbs increase milk production. Number one on this list is fenugreek (Trigorvella foenum-graecuml), an herb that can cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and has been tried in the management of diabetes, albeit unsuccessfully. Diabetics must monitor their blood sugar and measure the dosage of medication to manage their illness very carefully, making it very difficult to control the disease with natural substances.

Fenugreek probably has little effect on milk supply until a mother takes large amounts of (about three capsules, three times per day, but this varies from pill-to-pill) and her milk and urine begin to smell like maple syrup, though no clinical trials have been conducted to prove or disprove this relationship. When a mother takes large quantities of fenugreek, the baby begins to smell like maple syrup too, and some babies have been misdiagnosed as having "maple syrup urine disease," a serious metabolic disorder. Another danger associated with fenugreek is that the herb is related to peanuts, the food most likely to cause an allergy. <font color="0000ff">The possibility of an allergic reaction in a baby is quite high, and many cases of colic, stomach upset, and diarrhea have been reported among babies whose mothers take fenugreek.</font>

My own experience counseling women to use fenugreek to enhance milk production has been mixed. Many mothers at our lactation center report that fenugreek had no effect on their milk supply, while others are quite laudatory about its effect on the amount of milk they produce.

Carla Lily,
That a good way to make ur bb zz..but juz wondering if she keeps on suckling, she wont get overfed? My gal got problem of zz at her last feed, if i'm gog to let her suckle on, then she'll be drinking alot of milk liao (?), me very confused ..
sad.gif

So i'm not alone.. i still feel damn bad for losing temper on her for past 2 nites ..
sad.gif
.. My hubby said the same thing as ur hubby. Guess we are both lucky that our hubbies are more patient &amp; able to understand the situation well ...

I've spoken to my hubby abt the tongue washing .. hmm guess it will be a v difficult task for us .. u r real good, able to clean the gums as well.. I'm thinking how to make her open her mouth... even she yawns, we may be too slow to put our finger inside her mouth.. plus she'll cry like helll 1 .. ur gal din cry ???

Oreo,
I feel like my menses is gog to come liao. Today very slight brown pink discharge ..
sad.gif

I do latch on &amp; pump milk too ..

Stephy,
Sighs, my supply cannot make her demand .. she terrible 1 .. She also very light sleeper. It seem like she wake up after her sleep, even 15 mins sleep, she'll be showing signs of hunger liao.
sad.gif

Hi gals,

Finally got time to post something. Been reading the postings but no time to post. Last Sat was Bryon's 1st mth. Attached is a pic taken that day. His first grin. Anywyay, the confinement nanny has left. The past few days have been spent establishing a pattern with him. It's so difficult. Past 3 nites.. he has been crying and refusing to drink his milk.. btw 3 plus am to 5 plus.. my hubby and I had to take turns to pacify him.. hiaz.... any solutions why is it so??? Bryon dun really sleep much during the day as well.. as much 5-6 hrs... :p btoth of us are having ard 4 hrs of sleep. not sure if it is contributed to his colicky condition. Guess we need time to understand his behaviour.

289559.jpg

Hi Sally,
Me finally back hoame me on Sunday evening. CL came on Monday. So for the Sunday nite when me and my mum take care of my gal, it is really tiring. 2 nite feeds and 1 poo. So have to wake up 3 times a nite. Morning 7+ awake for feed again. Don't have time to sleep at all. I wonder when can all this regular nite feeds stop. Wonder if after full month, will she still be the same. If still the same, I think I will become panda.

Hi Ladies,
My gal is now 10 days old. Is it common for her to poo btw 5-7 times a day? Really can't differentiate whether is it normal or diarrohea. If it is normal, usually by when then the poo will get lesser? Now she sleep in the middle of the nite, she will also poo.

My gal have a bone near her gastric/stomach area which is quite obvious or rather protruding. It really makes me worry whether is it normal. In the hospital nursery, I look at some babies, I did not notice that. But I ask the nurse in the nursery, she told me every baby have it just that my gal's one is obvious. Not sure is it due to her being too skinny as her birth weight is only 2.71kg. Any of your baby have this bone which you notice?

Hi all,

Been a long while since I posted. Been busy with baby.

By the way mummies, how much milk are your bbs drinking at 2+ weeks? Mine seem to drink abt 70-80ml and doesnt seem to want more when given. She feeds 2 hourly if on EBM and slightly longer, say 2.5-3 hr if on FM at nites. Stimes feeding her is such a task as she will fuss and wanna be burped halfway thru before continuing to drink the milk.

Hi Bluesea,
My gal now 11 day old also feed at an interval of abt 3+/-hrs on FM as well. Really don't know when can such close feeding hours increase so that do not need to wake up for nite feed so regular.

Thanks Florence.. cos Faith is already on the small side so will prefer her to take more.
However as now she tend to 'merlion' after taking the milk and go straight to sleep till next morning, i'm afraid that she will not grow fast like other babies.

wow.. quite a handful of postings...

re: washing of bb's mouth
my MIL simply use a cloth to clean her mouth. that's the way she has been doing for my other nephew &amp; nieces.

Tigger: i bot e ameda pump on monday.. i think it's better than e medela one i was using before. I find that ameda one is alot less noisy, empties my breasts better &amp; is more gentle on my nipple. Only complain is that it's more difficult to operate it one-handed compared to the medela one.

San: If u are breastfeeding, it's normal to expect her to poo after every feed. Until today, Valerie (6+ wks), still poo like 3-4 times a day.. sometimes even more.

Bluesea: Every BB's stomach capacity is different. Even for Poohy, her Samuel only drinks 90ml per feed.. Try not to worry too much, as long as ur BB is satisfied after feed, poop regularly, then she is getting enuff. ALtho it'll be great if she cld just eat more &amp; sleep longer but if u try to feed her more than she can handle, she'll prob just regurgitate them out only.

Elaine: Pictures are so nice
happy.gif
Those pictures I've posted so far are all taken by my sis. Those we take not so nice :p

Flo: Ur MIL quite superstitious hor. My mom also sama la. Monday I went to a sinseh to "repair" my wrist. Today gotta go back again for follow-up. As the sinseh is near my mom's place, she ask me to go back to collect same stuff she asked a medium to do for girl girl one. Thankfully there is nothing to feed her. Just some fu to bathe, put in her cot etc.

Twinklets: Hmm.. that sounds scary. I almost wanted to buy, but my husband told me that since my milk supply is enuff.. dun try to introduce untested things into my system. I guess he is right after all.

We still continue to bring valerie out after that incident. We just make sure that if we are to go out, it'll not be immediately after her feed. We'll wait ard 1/2 - 1hr after her feed before driving. We'll also not go to so many places at one go. If we dun go out.. my hubby will go mad :p

POshies: My girl now starting to exhibit temper &amp; preferences. She also seeemed to be able to tell mood from the tone of ur voice. Yest wanted to bring her for another round of blood test for her jaundice (now down from 184 to 108). When my hubby put her inside the car seat, she cried. So I thot pacifier her first then put her back in again. The moment I place my hands under her armpits she cry out super loud. THen after I cried her upright (her favourite position), she immediately stopped crying &amp; rest her head on my shoulder.

So I told her sternly that she cannot be like that, go out take car must sit inside car seat. After 5 mins, when we've got everything ready, I put her back into her carseat, she wanted to cry but I told her sternly no, going out gotta sit inside car seat.. she immediately quiet down. Altho still frowning.

Can u imagine.. she is barely even 7wks old!

<font color="aa00aa">poohy,</font>
Thanks for the info on the Baby Jumper Gym. Looks interesting. Maybe we can go for the trial together when our boys are ready.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">sgmom,</font>
Where did you buy the Ameda pump from? Direct from the distributor? It's cheaper to get from the distributor than from MIM. I also bought the cooler bag. I think it's a bit bulky.

Do you still latch Valerie on once in a while? Keane is getting used to bottles now although he takes lesser milk as compared to one month ago. However, after his 1st 6-in-1 jab, he seems to be more cranky these few days. Worse is...he refuses my breasts now...
sad.gif
Hope this is juz temporary. Sigh...

twinklets: i put Isa in the bouncer (the netted kind), but she dun really like it nowadays. She used to, in her first month. i put her in the fisher price bouncer to entertain her sometimes but she like gong gong like dat. Maybe she haven't learn how to explore the "toys" yet.

Not sure if spine will have problem, but since it's only for a couple of hours and it has been used for generations, sld be ok lah. Same for sarong.

oreo: Mens haven't come yet. i think i must be prepared hor. Didn't know that when expressing milk mens will still come so fast.

Yest i went shoppg 4 while. Think with GSS a lot of places having sale. Tangs/Seiyu baby stuff all got 20%. Nowadays, spend so much time in baby's dept tt have little time to look at my own stuff. Ha ha.

CG: So it's normal for babies to sleep for so long thru' the nite? By right baby sld have more wakeful hrs now. But my baby despite sometimes of her being awake, crying sessions etc. She sleeps quite a lot in the day and she sometimes sleep 5-6hrs at a stretch at nite. Even sleepg for 7hrs i was surprised by her liao. But last nite, after her last feed at 9.50pm, she only cried for her feed at 7am! i'm worried if she'll have enuff/is this normal.

San:
happy.gif
Glad tt u're feelg better back home. Hope ur CL is good. At least u can "rest" for 1 mth. If you feed her formula, why sld u wake up at nite? Let ur CL take care of baby lah, then u can rest.

Babies vary, they can "outgrow" their midnite feed from 2-6mths. Isa used to be very "on time", every 3 hrs...then recently her nite feed is abt once/twice a night.

Btw i dun see a bone near the stomach area. Maybe cfm with ur pd/doctor next time? Or when overtime ur girl gains wt, u won't see it so visibly anymore?

san: Sorry u're sayg after full mth then become panda, not now. So now u can rest at nite.

Picnic: Byron is cute, v little hair like Isa.
Isa is quite colicky, so we use ru yi you, Infalcol and recently gripe water. To help with sleepg/pacifyg baby, we use the sarong. But it is controversial, some pple dun like to use. i agree tt it is a lazy method (as compared to hugg baby), but it sometimes help to pacify baby and give moments of peace.

Byron is so cute, his smile is really cute
happy.gif

Sgmom,
u noe tat day my mil said better dun bring her out often, wait till 4th mths old.. geesh no way man .. ! I'll bring her out, but dun bring out too long or too late. Gee!
Tmr gog bk to my mum's place to overnite afew days. I hope she can still recognize her ah por &amp; ah gong ..

Gals,
i juz latch on her at 8+am, 10+am, 11+am &amp; 12+am .. I'm gog to fix her FM to drink in her next feed.. if she cry at 1+pm, can i let her drink ? or gotta wait till 2pm??

Ming,
We also recently start gripe water. She luv it!! hee always finish up. Btw she v notti 1. seem like drinking water no nipple confusion &amp; not cranky. But come to feeding milk, totally different story.
sad.gif

Hi mummies!

Hi CG, I think the formula is 150 x weight of bb. Thats the guideline for the amount of milk per day. But my gal is drinking less than that. She would wake up around 3 am and 8 am regardless when she last slept. I think its Okay as long as she have poo and gaining weight.

Hi San, I didn't notice any bone that you have descriped. My gal is around 2.7 kg when she was discharged.

Hi sgmom, that thingy that you have mentioned, was it for jaundice? MIL already tried that. Including that, bb have three fu.

I also notice that bb understand us from the tone of our voice. Both hubby and me have told her off many time and she keeps quiet after that. Hubby just jokingly told me that it mind not be healthy for bb with our constant threatings.

Hi ming, we also used the Fisher Price bouncer, its her TV chair. We will put her in there facing the TV (from a distant) and then on CNA for her. She will fall asleep after a while.

Hi Elaine,
Very nice picture of your Paige.
I can't pump much BM every 3 hours moreover now i'm already working. I will usually pump 3-4 times a day which is just enough for Faith's daily intake. Guess if she drinks more, I will have to supplement with FM. Pump in office also quite paisei. Colleagues will know where i go whenever i go to the conference room.

Just like to check with you gals that if there is any food that we need to avoid when we are still breast feeding. I very blur and greedy. Now practically eat EVERYTHING!! including cold food and seafood.

sgmom:
your val is so adorable! i could kiss her !

sally:
i have adopted another strategy: talk to her directly instead of telling my hubby. i also told my fil that he should knock on my door before he peep in .. (cuz he looked in quietly and i was breastfeeding)

mummies:
i bought a nuk latex bottle from the motherhood fair and cheryl is slowly learning to suckle. but i realised that she only suckles the milk if i had expressed like 5 min ago. those that i had refrigerated and warmed, she is not interested. why is this so? is it because the milk is not warmed enough?

i am still unable to express more than 50 ml. i am still having cheryl latch on every 3hr so every 1.5hr before i latch her on, i express. but the quanitity is so miserable! how to have enough to store?

re: tongue cleaning
i used cool boiled water and the facial cotton wool (those flat square ones) to clean her gums and tongue. the milk stains are still there but at least she is getting used to having her mouth clean... hence i think she wont reject brushing teeth in the future.

san:
take heart! it does get better as she grows older. you must also give her a routine to follow. like for my cheryl, every morning, i will get her to poo before she takes her morning bath.
initially, she does not poo despite me trying for 10 min... but gradually she started and now, she does it every morning. there will be one more in the late afternoon. then at night before her bedtime, i will give her a wipe, change her into her pjs... then lights are dimmed.

florence:
when it comes to babies... they are very strange one. .. i remembered my mum told me that my sis.. when she was a baby, she used to cry from 12am to 6am evry night... my mum was going crazy... then she did the unthinkable after consulting docs... she went to a medium and she was told that someone who had experienced death in the family (bai shi) touched my sister. the medium then chanted and drink some water and spat it on my sister. my mum said, from that night on, my sis slept very well during the nights. no more crying and no more waking up...

<font color="aa00aa">Krazy,</font>
I give my son EBM that is refrigerated for 2 days and he has no problem drinking them. Did you test the temperature of the EBM b4 giving Cheryl?

To increase milk ss, you can try tandem pumping. I used to be able to express abt 40ml from my right breast every 3hr interval. Tried tandem pumping and sometimes I can get 60-90ml from my right breast. My left side is a constant 60ml and as my son prefers the left side, I will let him suckle my left breast and I will pump on the right while BF him.

tigger88:
can you explain further how do i go about doing tandem pumping?
do you mean i keep cheryl on my breast while i pump the other? so she will constantly be drinking from that side? or can i alternate during the next pump/feed?

Hi CG,
the intake will be depending of ur gal.. if she had not enough she will cry for more... so don worry...

hi sgmom,
good for u... do take extra care for Valerie.. Gerald also show his temper everynow n then...

Hi San,
glad that u have went back home... hope the CL is a nice lady that know how to take care of u n the bb....

Hi Krazy,
How ur train ur gal to poo?

For those mommies that on formula
how often does ur babies poo? Gerald used to poo every alternative feed but this two days... he only poo once per day.... though the stool is soft we are a bit concern... plus he hate water..

Hi gals,
i'm back from my CTG scan......looks like i will not deliver so soon..bb still vv comfy in my tummy..

btw,wat is the purpose of letting bb drink gripe water??

<font color="aa00aa">krazy,</font>
yes, you nurse Cheryl on one breast and pump the other. You can alternate during the next feed.

Another method is try pumping b4 or after nursing to increase supply. Guess by doing this, we "trick" our brain to produce more.

BTW, have you start bottlefeeding Cheryl yet or you have been latching her all these while?

Thanks.. I suppose I'm overly worried. Stimes when I give her 80ml, she drink till the last drop, so was wondering if I shd give more. And when I increase to 90ml, then she drink 70-80ml. haiz...

Hi Twinklets, how are u??

tigger: bot direct from Euramedic. Didnt buy the cooler bag. I have alot of bags of different shape &amp; size. I'm sure I can find one suitable to transport the pump ard. Coz my workplace is very near home, transporting e EBM is not such a big issue

Flo: Nope. that is just a "ping an fu" for her

Krazy: Not when she is screaming on top of her voice :p

<font color="ff6000">sgmom,</font>
same here...my workplace is also very near home. A bit regretted getting the cooler bag. If I am not using it frequently, then will sell it away.

Back