(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Sally: How ur gynae know u will b a wk early? is this ur 1st child? Saw fr the above table, u naming ur bb as Yingting, me plan to call my bb Huiting so we have another thing in common
happy.gif

Try to eat more vegetables & fruits or can drink prune juice, don't force urself if cannot, very bad for ur health. Mayb u can c doc to prescribe u some medic. Me opp fr u, last time seldom go toilet, after pregnant go toilet more often, min once or at least 2-3 times a day. Tink bb wan me to release all the waste, haha...

Evelyn - Based on my bb growth. Yes. Yup, i like the word "ting" a lot since young. I only start have constipation today and my 1st trimester. Later will be eating fruits and hope it help. My bb been rubbing and kicking me very hard nowadays. How about you ?

Carla - Maybe you can try take medicine from your gynae to release your stool. It helps me too but the medicine can only take in the night so i am bearing the constipation pain now. Hope it get better later.

Carla: Mine is 10 sessions for $580. She told me she will use diff oil on diff parts of the body. And also the usual wrap at the tummy area at the end. Will u stick to the strict confinement rule of not bathing & washing hair? I was tinking after the massage if dun bathe sure very uncomfortable, don't knw how to tahan.

Sally: How heavy is ur bb now? Mine was 2.4 kg at 32 wks, gynae say a bit on the heavy side, don't know if i pop early anot. Yar tis days bb moving quite a lot, her head is down, mostly feel the movements of her head & feet kicking. Sometimes belly get very hard...

hi evelyn,

my edd is 26th May.... so you having bad backaches???

Ming,Tigger,Krazy,

How much did you guys end up paying to MAH??? how much is deducted from medisave?? and what type of room did you guys opt for?? sorry... doin my budgeting... hheehhehe

Sally,
I also need to poo very hard & long , then the poo will come out. Nowdays kinda conscious of pooing too hard, scare scare .. i hear stories of my 2 frens' mothers giving birth while pooing..
272770.gif

yesterday i also poo very long.. infact really wanna concuss liao, then i try the breathing method, suddenly the poo can juz come out liao. I think u can try tat too.
happy.gif

Mumof1,
thanks! I'll get my mum to get them if my bb got jaundice *touchwood*.

Krazy,
juz bochup ur mil!! She's simply so insensitive, no need to be so nice to insensitive pple.. Sorry to be so blunt..

Hi ladies!

Me just got back after a meeting outside.

Hi twinkets & forgetmenot, bb's doesn't look comfy in my tummy, however, seems like she doesn't wanna come out too... my gynae touched and pressed, then followed by the u/s to see if she have engaged and also the level of aminotic fluid. She commented that it will not be anytime this week.

Hi Carla, thats good news! Now you can see bb everyday!

Hi krazy, you must relax and focus only on bb, confinement only one month and will be over soon.

hi mumof1, i do experience back aches esp on the left side & it gets worst when i walk too much. The only relief is to sit or lie down on my back. So how do u relieve ur aches?

kRaZy: Remember to talk to your hubby 2 let him know how stressed u are... we dun really comm. well and yes got quarrel. Lo and behold, even though i was crying at every feed, he told me he didn't know tt i'm stressed! i almost flipped. He said i have to tell him. My massage lady says, most men dun come with the "auto" button, i laughed in agreement. i guess lettg ur hubby know will help him to see things in ur light and sayang u more?

mumof1: Are u the one who mentioned "ang huay" for jaundice? My mum learnt from the medical shop tt ang huay is to help to dispel the dirty blood in us. So she made tt with some herbs on my 2nd day after givg birth.

Hi Ladies!

Feel my tummy lower today... don't know whether my boy's engaged already. Going for my gynae check later. will ask gynae...

Evelyn, Carla, I've booked a malay confinement massage lady too. She's charging me $500 for 10 sessions of massage plus herbal wrap at tummy area.

Evelyn - my bb is 2.1kg at wk 32. That y he said might be early as bb is also on the heavy side. I have gain 17kg since the day i am preggie. Going for check up next week and will know her latest weight by then.

Twinklets - Is your friend's bb alright ? Later i will try the breathing method when i have feeling to poo-poo. Tks.

Evelyn,
My mom will be buying some herbs from chinese medical hall for me to bathe in... so definitely will take my shower. Will try my best to stick to other strict confinement rule... but no promises. heehee

Ladies - my friend advise not to pong-pong bb when i bring her home until her umbilical cord drop. Can use warm towel to wipe bb body until umbilical cord drop. This will also make the umbilical cord drop faster as it is always dry. Her bb umbilical cord drop at the ten days of bb birth.

Sally: I've gain ard 13 kg so far. Feel tt bb heavy weight contributing to all my aches & pains. Very scared she will b too big to be deliver naturally coz i really hope to have a natural birth. So is ur bb engaged & how u plan ur delivery, natural or c-section?

Hi ladies, really having painful back aches after coming back fr lunch, have to tahan another 4 hrs then can go hm, really cham...

Ladies:
Wow.. busy morning for me.. only now managed to log back in again! So many postings.. can only skim thru.

Sally: Yes... my gynae is known to be expensive. But I didnt know until I went to him. So hopefully his skills are as good as his price.

Breastpump:
Just checked with my fren who has an electric dual pump. Becoz she got breast infection back then, she lend it to anotr fren. Currently her fren still using (her boy 1 yr old already!).. so I guess I wldnt get the chance to use her pump liao. Sigh.. gotta think of wthr buy 1 for myself since so many of the new mummies have problem latching & establishing milk flow...

kao_confused.gif

sgmom: do u plan to bf for long term, if not can rent the pump, heard dat they have a shop at novena sq recommended by KKH. Me oso plan to latch on, if really encounter difficulties then rent the pump becoz only plan to bf during the 3 mths maternity leave. No point commiting to buying one coz it's rather expensive.

Evelyn - from my last check-up, my gynae say my bb head is already down but can confirm whether engaged on this coming check up. Really hope that i can natural birth as i can see her immediately. My hubby also hope that i can natural birth so that he can be with me all the way and see bb immediately.

sgmom - Since you already come to the last stage of pregnancy, just hope that your money is well-spent. You confirm your c-section date already ? Hope everything goes well for you before you go into c-section or better still your little girl turn at the last min and you don't need c-section. Take Care.

Sally: C-section date tmrw then confirm. My girl confirm hasnt turn la.. I can still feel her head under my right breast at times :p I dun think she'll turn already.

Evelyn: I intend to try to BF for 6 mths. But many things are unpredictable. I'll see how the 1st week goes before I decide wthr I wan to commmit to an electric pump. As of now I have a manual pump. Maybe it'll serve me well enuff. Even if I do need an electric one, I'll prob put that as my "wish list" for my sister :p

re: bathing bb

sally, my mum had been bathing my boy since discharged till now leh... in fact he bath twice a day and then just before bedtime, wipe him with warm towel again. His umblical cord drop on day 9.

krazy,

agreed its very impt to communicate with your hubby and let him know how u feel. Then you will gain his support and things will seems more bearable. My hubby and me exchange a few discussion since our bb was born... and we find out how each other feel and try to make up for deficient areas... I feel we had grown closer to each other through the sharing and mutual support.

Ming,

both my MIL and my mum are not sure if it is called ang huay.... but they think so... they suggested best way is to double check with the chinese physicians......

how many in cash did you pay for your whole delivery???

florence,
how do u noe ur gal is not comfy leh?isit becos not much space inside??
sometimes i oso wonder if my bb is comfy or not..cos whenever i go for u/s,dun see tt there are any additional space for him to move..

sgmom,
maybe for now,u can do research on which breastpumps are gd..
for the moment,use ur manual one..if realli cannot,then can buy the electric one..think they will deliver to ur home one,if not ask ur hubby to get for u..

By the way, the new mummies out there who just delivered at MAH, can you let us know what do the hospital provide upon discharge? I heard MAH do give bath tub but not receiving blanket.

Krazy: Gotta let ur hubby knws & u/std how u feels. Sometimes older generation dun place their priorities right. I also foresee that I'll face the same thing coz all along my MIL & my mom practises very different things. Now I already quite stress (the otr gals all can vouch for me).. and I do dread wat is going to come after my BB is born.

But a fren of mine told me that it's like that one... she learn to "one ear in one ear out" & distant herself from all these "unnec" quabbles. She tell herself to focus on wat is impt.. her girl... there were even times her mom kept insisting that she feed her daugther more milk that she thinks is required. End up her BB is overwgt.. then her mom says she overfed her daugther! She was quite furious. Then she told herself that she shd trust her instincts. Now that her daugther is 1 yr plus already.. both her mom & MIL has stopped giving her any advises coz they see that she is handling her girl so well on her own.

I guess the more we ponder upon wat they say.. the more they'll input. So we shd trust our instincts & learn to be "deaf" at times.

San:
kao_welcome.gif

FYI Those items that MAH gives are not "FOC". they do charge u, under "consumables". It includes bathtub, pampers & wipes. My colleague's wife just dischg from MAH on Sunday. That's wat he told me. If I'm not wrong, it doesnt include any receiving blanket so pls bring ur own.

San,
Hmm... standby... not really. My BB is not engaged yet. I noticed my tummy has "dropped" but still haven't experienced any Braxton Hicks contractions etc...

Now my HB "ban" me for dining with my friends. He wanted me to go straight home after work... worried that I will pop anytime.

Sgmom,

Thanks for yr info. What else do we have to bring for the baby? So far, I had not receive any registration pack from MAH yet. My gynae's clinic told me that MAH will post to me directly the pack. I had already ask them to book for me MAH during my 28 wks check up and now 33 wks, still did not receive anything yet.

Welcome Michelle!

Hi forgetmenot, bb seems so cramp inside, so I can only imagine how uncomfy she is...

Hi mumof1, the red flower is for the "Sheng Hua" soup, taken on the second and third day to dispel the blood water inside our body. According to the medical hall, not much people knew about this and not much people can stand the taste, but its good for our body. However, after taking the soup have to clear some breast milk before feeding bb as it might cause jaundice.

Carla,
2 of my colleagues just given birth early last month. 1 of them whose due date a few days earlier, when at her 37 wks, doctor already told her anytime baby will pop as already engage. She was also 2 cm dilated. However, she waited and waited still not sign until 39+ wk, her gynae ask her to induce since baby is not growing in her tummy. The other colleague whose EDD is abt 3 days later, her baby wasn't engage yet compare to hers. However, she deliver earlier.

By the say, did yr gynae check how many cm you have dilated and how do they check on this? I read articles that they put in their entire hand into our VG to measure. Is that true? Sounds painful.

Carla: I agree with ur husband, 38th to 42th wks consider full term meaning bb will pop anytime, better stay at hm & dun wonder abt. Wow u still go out wif ur frens, me now walk a bit super aching like hell, dun have the mood to go out, prefer stay hm & rest. Wat do u mean tummy has "dropped", we can c it physically meh? Btw how heavy is ur bb now?

Hi San, i tink it's true abt putting the entire hand in, heard that fr my colleague too. Sounds scary rite, the moment i tink of it, my hair wanna stand. So when u EDD? Urs boy or girl?

hi all mum-to-be..anyone here interested to be featured in a Chinese Motherhood magazine??..please PM me if you interested..i'll tell you more from there.
if possible, please attach a pix of yourself.

NB: Please state under subject - Motherhood Chinese (Pregnant)
thanks!

San,
I'm meeting my gynae this Fri... But I got a feeling that I wouldn't pop so soon... keep telling my BB to kuai kuai stay till my 39th week cos I already applied for my Maternity to start on 25th April.

Evelyn,
I actually try my best to meet up with my friends before my delivery. Cos I feel quite sad at the thought that for one whole mth I can't go anywhere.

But since my HB not comfortable with me running around at this stage, guess I better kuai kuai stay at home so that in case BB wants to come out early, he won't give me the "I-told-u" look

San: I rec my pack very early leh. Ard 20+ wks. I guess it cld be becoz my gynae is located within MAH. If u are going for their antenatal class they'll brief u on wat to bring for urself & ur BB. But typically for BB very simple la:

1) BB's clothes to go home in
2) Mittens & Booties
3) Receiving blanket
4) Cap, if desired. Nowadays rec'g blanket got hood so cap is not necessary

Carla: My mom actually ban me from walking home. But I bo-chap. Body ache like xiao already. If I still dun do simple exercise like walking I think my body will be stiff like stone the time I deliver. Every day I still try to do some simple stretching to ease my aches & pains.

Florence,
I didn't tell my HB that I travel all the way from Raffles Place to Orchard for lunch.. heehee... guess he will flip when he knows abt it

Carla: Y have to apply for maternity leave so early, i tot the HR dept will apply on ur behalf after bb's delivered. If apply too early like a bit wasting leave leh

Evelyn,
Base on my LMP, my EDD is 26/5/05. However, this is not quite accurate as this only apply to pple who have regular menses. For me, I am a PCOS patient and conceive by taking clomid. So at first gynae check up, my gynae say the EDD is on 1 June basing on the size of my fetus to est., then later, 30 May and another time is 29 May.

I should be having a baby girl! Me too very confuse. At 16 wks, was told like to be a boy. However, during the next 2 check up, baby didn't co-operate and did not manage to see but I already think is a boy. Only at 28 wks, gynae suddenly tell me is a gal. But he again confirm is a gal on my 32 wks check up.

San: Looks like ur bb gender not cfm leh, so wat r u hoping for? is this ur 1st child? Btw which hospital u go to? Mine is at KKH so dun get to scan everytime, so far did detailed scan at 20th wk say it's a girl then at 32th for growth scan cfm really a girl girl lor.

Thanks sgmom! I didn't attend any class as too lazy to do so. Feel very tiring after work and still have to go for 2 hrs of lesson. I am a Lazy Mum!

Any MTB out there intend to bank your baby's Cord Blood? I am in a real dilema now on whether to sign up for it.

Back