(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Evelyn,
Me will be giving birth at MAH. Yes, it is my 1st child. My gynae always do U/S during each visit. I did do a detailed scan at 20th wk but baby didn't co-operate so can't see. 24th wk U/S, baby didn't co-operate as well. Then only 28th wk can see. Last wk 32 wk check up gynae see baby is a gal again. I think at this stage, baby already big enough and should not be wrong but I am also not very sure will there be any chance to be wrong.

San: Me also in a dilemma like u a few wks ago but finally decided not to. Discuss with my husband & realise that it's a long term commitmment like buying insurance, wats more heard fr my gynae tt tis is still a very new field but it's all up to personal. I may opt to donate to a public cord blood bank, at least doing something gd for mankind.

Evelyn,
Just feel like resting at home and wait for BB to arrive. Hence, I apply for ML earlier... anyway, it's just a few days earlier than my EDD.

Evelyn,
Actually, at 1st I am quite keen. Maybe abt 80% I will sign up. But after listening to some comments, then I become less interested. However, recently watch the 9pm TCS 8 drama where there is a young girl who need bone marrow transplant, felt very scared again.

Carla: Yar it's gd to rest ard that time, so now at 38 wks, how do u feel? Tummy muz be very heavy now. Did u take leave to rest at hm prior to tis? Me plan to take a few days off fr now coz can't tahan the pains & aches at times...

sgmom:
What do u mean by ur mom actually "ban u from walking home"?

Actually, some exercise is good for us...

So, since I cannot go out at night, I can only make use of lunchtime to do any last minute shopping... it's so rush considering I only have an hour lunch. Luckily for me, my boss doesn't insist that I come back on the dot so long I know my limit.

Evelyn,
I think I'm quite luckily... I don't feel any aching or contractions... don't feel heavy too...

I feel as if I'm in my 2nd trimester. My friends also commented that I don't look like a normal 37th week plus pregnant lady becos of my walking speed.

Hi Ladies,

I am back from gynae checkup. Will be going for induction tomorrow morning cos gynae say my amniotic fluid looks quite low, better for baby to come out. Actually she wants to do the induction during the checkup then but me and hubby were quite taken aback (plus hubby got important meeting tomorrow to attend first). So we did the CTG and baby's heartbeat shows that he is still ok so can postponed till tomorrow (She disagreed when we asked for Fri. ;P). Baby now 2.7kg (39 wks). Will be going to MIL's place for dinner and then come back to do some last min packing. Now both excited and scared.

Hi San,

I am banking my boy's cord blood with StemCord.

Btw, anyone taking up any insurance policies for your babies? Any thoughts about it to share?

San: Understand how u feel, me also very keen in the beginning, kept reading all the brochures again & again & almost meet up wif the sales person. However after much consideration i gave up the idea. Becoz im shifting hse soon & with the bb coming, financially very tight. I knw tt the public bank give priorty to pple who bank their bb cord blood, touch wood, if one day u ever need it, can get fr there, regarding the details not very sure, planning to check it out also.

Btw wat's the reasons dat is holding u back? Can share?

san,

my gynae and the midwives at TMC do not put in their entire hand into the vagina when they do cervix examination to check for dilation. They put in 2 finger i think. And it can be slightly "painful" for some people. Some people just find it uncomfortable... hmm it was quite painful for me though haha...

actually when i was 2cm dilated, my bb was not even engaged. Even my gynae din wanna check for dilation cos he say from the u/s scan the bb is still very high up. I was in 37 week. However after a CTG, when he sees bb in distress during one of the contraction cycle, he decided to do a cervix exam and find my cervix 2 cm dilated lor. After he did the cervix exam, I started bleeding! dunno whether he set off the labour and this is a show or wat... just start to bleed quite a lot (not spotting).

mumof1, I stayed in MAH for 4 days. Mine was a GA c-section. Stayed in one bedder with hubby rooming in. The interim bill is abt $5.3K. After medisave deduction, I need to pay $2.3k cash.

MAH give me a baby bag (by dumex) with some samples and a receiving blanket inside besides the bath tub.

dewdrops,

all the best and remember to come back sooon to share your birth story
happy.gif

hytten: No leh, 4 me i can't feel the dilatn. i tot i was, but i wasn't. And when i didn't know if i am, i was (this is b4 painkiller).

San: MAH got give receiving blanket, bath tub etc. But whether if they charge under the package or FOC, i dunno. Probably, cos i heard someone askg 4 1 more box of tissue and the patient assistant told them they will be charged.

mumof1: Bills varies, mine is assisted delivery with epidural, stayed in 2-person ward for 3 days, after medisave, cash outlay was abt $600+, including the earlier partial deposit for gynae, total cash for giving birth (mum and baby) is abt $1,500 after medisave deductions (b4 inc. other antenatal charges). Before medisave is $4K+. Hope this helps. Non-assisted w/o epi will be cheaper.

poohy,
2 fingers at least sounds not so scary. The one I heard is the entire fist put in to check. Scary.

Ming,
Since if receiving blanket is provided, I will not need to buy. By the way, is the 2 bedded room in MAH ok? Heard some comments the toilet dirty.

Evelyn,
Cos' my relative say mostly this type of illness is family history thing. So it really give me some pondering after hearing that. Moreover, she is those very kiasu and luv to consult doctor type of person. Even she think it is not so necessary.

Dewdrops,
By the way how much Stemcord charge you? I heard they have different price basing on the hospital you deliver and the gynae you used. For Cordlife, it is standard at $1100.

Dewdrops! All the best, hope yours will be a fast and not so painful one. : )

San, no harm having more than 1 receiving blanket cos can wrap baby when going out (see doctor/blood test etc) esp. during their 1st few wks. Their toilets are cleaned everyday, ok leh.

dewdrops: All the best! Let us know ur birth story when u get better. Me want to know how good Dr Chin is during delivery.

hi all, really lotsa of post.. read til i blur... hee!

Re: baby naming
Krazy: My friend went to Yuan Zhong Siu Services Pte Ltd at upper cross st. 64 Upper Cross Street Tel: 6533 0033 www. fengshui-masters.com They charge her $188.

I have another contact tat charges $138. Pls email me if you want to contact this other si fu. my email is [email protected]

Re cordblood banking
wad i heard is tat cordlife's bank is in spore, whereas stemcord's bank is in m'sia? Can anyone verify this? tat's y i tot its better to go w cordlife... cos closer to home lor.

re: raspberry tea
i went to buy the raspberry tea leaves.. such a small packet for $6. do you all know how much tea leaves to put?

Dewdrops, all the best!!!

Hi girls,

Thanks for all the encouragement! Gan ba teh for all of us!

Hi San,

I was charged $1257, inclusive of GST. They do have tie-ups with certain gynae but not with mine. So I pay the full price.

Hi Bloom_Tan,

Both Cordlife and Stemcord have banks in Singapore. Stemcord one is in Science Park. We signed up with Stemcord mainly because their service was better to us as compared to Cordlife. And if I did not interpret Cordlife's contract wrongly, we have to pay full 5 yrs' storage fees, if the cord blood was withdrawn within 5 yrs. Maybe anyone of you can help to verify this point cos we didn't manage to speak to any of their salespersons.

Morning ladies.

Dewdrops - All the best. Will be waiting to hear your story and see bb pix when you come back.

Poohy - the checking of dilation sound so scary and painful.

Tigger/Ming: All these baby bag etc.. did u request for it or did they give u automatically? Apparently my colleague's wife like didnt get thing other than the bathtub,pampers & wipes leh?

Tigger: is there any particular reason u opt for GA caesarean over epi caesarean?

Dewdrops: All the best! Can see BB soon!

Dewdrops: All the best to u! As for insurance i plan to buy for bb when born. Juz spoke to my agent yest, she recommend me income shield (for H&S)costing ard $84 (plan A) for a yr, tis can paid by medisave. Plan to get a basic life policy too, can act as a saving plan for her oso.

Hi ladies, according to my gynae, both cord blood banks have the same service so its up to personal preference. But i know for Stemcord got to pay a lump sum of ard $1300 after GST whereas Cordlife allow 3 types of payment. Scheme A pay $150, followed by $275 every quarter. Scheme B pay $500, followed by $170 every quarter & Scheme C pay $1100 one lump sum. All prices exclusive of GST. Storage fee is $250 per annum for both banks. U can check out their website

http://www.stemcord.com.sg
http://www.cordlife.com

San: So wat's ur final decision? Still taking up the blood banking?

Btw can i check if is norm to experience some menstrual cramps like pains during the last trimester? Does it indicates anything?

Evelyn: menstural cramp? Do u also feeling hardenning of ur belly? Cld be contractions.

Ariella: When will ur C-section date be confirmed? So excited. Our gals might share the same B-date!
happy.gif
This aft seeing my gynae liao
happy.gif

Ladies - do you all need to go toilet for poo-poo and stomach pain on and off every day as your EDD is near ? I am having stomachache almost everyday and very painful too.

sgmom: It's like cramps at the lower part, feel like our usual menstural cramps. Yar i experience hardening at times but can be confused with bb movements. So today u will know the date liao, hope u can get it on the 22nd as wished, gd luck!

sgmom - hope you manage to get 22nd so less one problem to think about. Good Luck !! Update us when you come back from the check-up.

Morning ladies,

Evelyn, I still have not make any final decision yet. Still got a little bit of time. You 100% confirm not taking up right?

By the way, having nasal congestion and sore throat now, any ladies out there got some special formula to treat it w/o taking any medicine? Don't feel like going to GP as I do not want to take too much medications. However, really had a hard time sleeping last nite.

sally, I oso experiencing the same thing as u leh... mine's everyday but no fixed timing, sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon...

anyone knows y??

Evelyn: Thanks! Ya hopefully can get 22nd. Anyway everyday passes with new "development" one. Yest my ILs actually question why c-section on 38th week. They scared BB too young, too small later pre-mature. Then they also heard from their relative that c-section can choose date & time one... Thankfully my hubby shielded me from all these nonsense. I'm so grateful that he u/stds & empathise the stress that I'm going thru during this period.

Morning Ladies!

Hi dewdrops, Jia you! We are waiting for your story!

Hi sgmom, are you excited? I also hope you will get the 22nd.

Hi Sally, nowsaday alway needs to go poo poo, esp. after a meal. I thought it must be I ate too much. But no stomachache, no constipation *touch wood*, me LS instead.

<font color="0000ff">as @ 14 Apr-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>25/04/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carla_lily</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edie</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmac</TD><TD>02/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sharon(debragoh)</TD><TD>06/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tan(phobe)</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>??</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sally</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yingting</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mumof1</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JuneTen</TD><TD>10/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tankuku</TD><TD>15/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>30/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jia02</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Melody</font></TD><TD>2.85 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>28/03/05</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Samuel</font></TD><TD>2.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Isabelle</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>02/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KraZy</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayson</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.13 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>05/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore,</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

Hello ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes. Sorry for for the late reply .. my stitiches still hurts find it hard to sit now. Hayden was discharged yesterday however the doc wants us to bring him back on Sat for review.

Sally, Florence &amp; Sweetcorn:
Me pass 3 wks have the diarrhea experience also. But it only happen say the most twice a week and usually happen after I am back from lunch to office and the rest of the days I am constipated. Last week when I went gynae check up, I mention to him and he give me this medicine call Lacteol Fort. After taking it for 1+wk, so far I do not have anymore diarrhea. This can be purchase from Guadian Pharmacy w/o any prescription. I think I saw at Guardian is selling at $9.80 for a box of 12 tablets. There is powder type which you need to mix with water but I chose tablet which is easier. However, the dosage instruction on the box is different from what my gynae prescribe. I only need to take 1 in the morning and 1 at nite. The instruction on the box needs to take more.

sgmom, i didnt request for the baby bag. It was given to us automatically.

As for why chose GA over Epi c-section...my gynae told me Epi doesnt guarantee 100% painless and if I am those nervous or panicky type, better choose GA in case I freaked out halfway thru the op.

shadow,

does your stitches requires removal ? Mine needed to be removed by gynae... so before that happen, I also find it hard to sit ... in fact I cant find any comfortable position at all.. be it sit or lying down. The only way is to stand. Nitemare... now healing liao ever since the stitches are removed. So if yours hurt quite bad, check whether any inflammation or pus has resulted etc...
happy.gif

Tigger: OIC. I dun believe I'm the panicky type &amp; wld like to opt for epi c-section if possible. Question now is whtr my gynae charges more for epi c-section. If he does.. maybe I'll have to settle for GA c-section liao.

sgmom: Lucky thing u have ur hubby to support u. Anyway don't worry too much, everything shld turn out fine. If i were u sure very excited coz can c bb very soon, me still counting the stars...

San: Me cfm not taking up, the reasons as i mention yest. Wats more im seeing a new gynae the next visit, don't knw if im comfortable wif her anot. Tink u better c a doc to check if it's virus or bacterial infection. Usually it will go away after a few days but if really buay tahan then eat the medic lor. GP prescribed medic shld b safe.

Anyone here seen Dr Tracy Lim fr KKH? Any comments abt her?

re : cordlife

i will be signing up with cordlife. As this is the first born, subsequent child can benefit from it also if things happen. I have been discussing this issue with my husband, he mentioned that the yearly $250 is like paying for our cable TV, if we can afford that why not cordlife, and you really never know what can happen, it's just another form of insurance....so i submit to his decision and plan to go for a talk and meet up with the sales person later this month. my 2 cents worth

Evelyn: Frankly I really have to count my blessings. He u/std that all these will make me damn fed up.. so he told me he'll talk &amp; explain to his parents abt the whole situation as to why doc recommend c-section @ 38th wk. He'll also get his sis (a doc) to explain to his parents. As for choosing date &amp; time. He told them cannot. He cldnt even be bothered to give them the idea that this is possible, with a surcharge of course.

sgmom, I think the charges for GA shd be a bit higher than epi. If you can, then better opt for epi cos u will not feel drowsy after the op as compared to GA. And also you get to see your baby gal earlier.
happy.gif

poohy, how much weight has your baby gained after one week from hospital discharge? Did you bring your boy to the PD for checkup after the one week?

Tigger: I knw how much MAH charges coz can see from the package. Problem now is my gynae's own charges. It seemed like there is a surcharge frm him if I were to choose epi vs GA. It's ok. I'll knw this aftn. I'll prefer epi coz like u say, can see BB earlier. Generally my body's reaction of anesthesia is alrite one. I've gone thru a local as well as general before. I dun suffer any side-effects (*touch wood*) so far.

sgmom, charges for GA is higher. You can go to MAH website to check on the materinity package price. GA C-sect is slightly higher than Epi C-sect. As for your gynae fees, I think as long as it is a c-sect, the price is the same.

sgmom, as what San mentioned, I think the gynae fees should be the same for both GA and Epi. How come your gynae has a surcharge? Guess you better check with him again in the afternoon.

June: I tink its all up to personal preference. Most impt both ur husband &amp; u r ready for this commitment. Me not taking up becoz hubby not very supportive &amp; im not mentally ready. Of coz it will come in useful when needed but our main concern is if we never use it then is this long term commitment worth? Im not too sure how long u have to continue to pay, mayb u can check wif them the duration but i assume it will b for lifetime till the day u give up. For now i prefer to put this sum of money for my bb education &amp; living expenses. Anyway do consider it seriously.

sgmom: I tink at tis pt of time a supportive husband is really impt, looks like he has help to shield u fr all ur IL nonsense. Since it's settled, then u shld have a peace of mind now. Enjoy the last league of ur pregnancy &amp; stay cheerful for now!

Back