(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Hi all mummies,

Been a long while since I lasted posted.

Congrats to yve (ops more than a month late) and all preggies mummies and not forgetting Tetra for her well deserved promotion!

MGTeo, where about are u in Raffles Place used to work at Republic Plaza but now somewhere further near Citibank. Will walk to Raffles Place when I miss the food!

Emonster: Realised Jov is also slow in his speech. Refuse to call anyone yetsuch a lazy little rascal
sad.gif
Phoebe is so clever and cute!

okie catch up again real soon i hope!

dolphina,
Thanks!

Tetra,
Congratulations on your promotion.. But like catz said, dun care about the company's feelings lah.. If you need to go means u need to go..

emonster,
angel is not really talking yet too..

About talking...
Linus has started to say his own name but not accurate one... (I think hard to pronounce his name la)
Mummy:" Ni jiao che me ming?" (What is your name?)

Linus: "Liner"

Mummy: "What is Mama's name?"

Linus: "Cl..Cl...Cl..." (smile....can't pronounce the rest)

Mummy: "Say Oh Oh"

Linus: "Or or"

In general, he is still not talking much, he can only call "Mama", "Papa or dad dad", "Gu", "NanNan (nanny)", "Cough sound (Grandpa)", "Ah Ma"..That's all.
happy.gif

hi catz, xiang is getting better but cases of diarrhea on alt days. Tomorrow is review day and got to do X-ray again.

Don't think of your morning sickness, it will goes away when u least think of it... still rem mine 5yrs ago... luckily, xiang tortured me for 3mths only while Min urrrghhhh... got me hospitalised twice for dehydration
sad.gif
. Don't worry, me rare case as part of reason is my thyroid which goes out of control during pregnancy.

hi girls, thanks so much for all the encouragement.. the MS is driving me mad but worse of all is the exhaustion..
sad.gif
Really struggling to even stay awake past 8.30pm.. I'm such a grandma! :p Just waiting for the blessed 2nd tri.

Talking tods - Timothy is quite the opposite but his pronunciation isn't very clear lah. He parrots us but I'm worried 'cos he doesn't have proper pronunciation. Oh well, at least he's trying.. :p He's got a huge vocab these days.. it's surprising what he knows. I guess it's 'cos his Grandpa and grandma talk to him all day long
happy.gif

Haha...talking about parrots these days Claira also copying us when we are talking or laughing. There's once I dropped something on the floor and I accidently said the word "s**t" immediately I heard her repeating the word after me. So must be watchful of our language.
happy.gif

Catz, what time do you start work? That's an early posting!!
happy.gif

emonster, so where's your office? I'm at 1 George Street. Quite bad with Raffles Place cos don't come here often last time. Hate the crowd here.
happy.gif

MG, I'm in the office before 8am lor.. trying to avoid heavy traffic along ECP.
happy.gif
Yah Raffles Place crowd very one kind.. not friendly type. :p

mgteo,

my office not too far from yours!

catz,

hang on, very soon 1st tri will be over...

yap,

hope dr will give an all clear for xiang!

dolphina

Good morning!

Catz, what time do you wake up everyday? 8am... I'm still trying to get out of my bed!!! Hahah... I'm late from work everyday.

MGTeo, 1 George, just opposite my office leh! Next time we can meet for lunch. Not too bad working this area leh, you can walk to Chinatown side or Raffles Place. Both side have many things to buy!

Catz, yes ECP always heavy traffic in the morning and evening. Crowd here quite unfriendly la but I don't care much.
happy.gif

dolphina/poh, since we're nearby next time can meet for lunch but I've got only 1hr lunch time a bit rush though. poh, you at Capital Sq?
happy.gif

MGTeo / Poh,

sure we can always arrange to meet up for lunch one of these days....me @ china sq central! my lunch time pretty flexi so it should not be a prob!

Hi gals,
I just went to Pat's Schoolhouse for an interview this afternoon. It's a part time position - from 8-1pm everyday. When I'm settled in, I'll enrol Heidi into the school as well. Most prob will start work next Monday & will be attached to the infant class. The pay is not much, but at least I'll be able to see Heidi more often, tho' my class will be upstairs & hers downstairs.. Location is at Halifax rd. Really tired today, coz brought her to aunt's house in the morning, then to downtown east for breakfast, then to the doctor 4 her jab, zzzzZ, then lunch, my interview, in law's house, then Globetrotters 4 dinner.. really so tired... Tomorrow morning going to Pat's again to observe the class in action.

Anyway, Heidi turns 18 months today! So wanted her to try outside food, but the mash potato at Globetrotters' too salty!

Hi Angela, so many programmes in a day definitely very tiring....By the way where's Halifax rd?
happy.gif

Suddenly I feel like further my studies doing part-time courses cos I've got only secretarial cert. but don't know how to juggle between work, studies and looking after Claira??

Claira is turning 18months tomorrow and she'll be taking her jab as well. Thinking should I let her take the chicken pox jab together anot??
happy.gif

Wow, Angela.. a job at Pat's!
happy.gif

MG, Halifax is somewhere behind KKH. As for 2 jabs.. erm, a little bit too traumatising lor.

Timothy is sick.. seems to be down with a phlegmy cough so he vomitted all over me and himself and his carseat this morning.. arrgghh.. He's now at the pd with hub and grandma. I hv urgent meetings 'cos of bird flu exercise.. aiyaya...

MGTeo,
Next mth then I will bring Wilfred for the chicken pox jab.

Angela,
Sounds busy but good leh! *one stone kill two birds* How nice if we can see our kid during working hour hor?

Latest update
Wilfred had his 18mths booster jab at Poly on 13.07.06. Before the jab we had to bring him to doctor for his 18mths growth assessment.
His weight is 10.7kg(50%), length is 82cm(75%) and head circumference 47cm(50%). Wilfred also did his physical examination on that day.
Despite all these, the doctor had advised us can start to wean him off the milk bottle now. Well, should start to use a cup with a straw for drinking milk during day time, then gradually to the night feed.
He cried aloud as expected when the needle poked in. But when we gave him a baby bite, immediately he stopped crying! However, dont know why this time got blood coming out. Think must be very painful because he was whining after the jab.
He had a mild fever 37.8 on the next day morning but luckily the fever had subsided in the evening.

Btw, just wondering who is the tallest here? (Wilfred height is 82cm only). Any latest update to share?

466735.gif

<font color="ff0000">You probably read the word ME in brown, but.......
when you look through ME</font>
you will see
YOU!

<font color="ff0000">Do you need to look again?</font>

Catz, hope Tim is fine...think with phlegmy cough if they vomit its good it helps them to expel the phlegm.

Eve, how long did it takes to finish the jab and assessment at Poly clinic?

Re: Height
Think Claira is roughly about 85-86cm tall.
happy.gif

MG, Claira is so tall! Think Heidi's abt 84cm.

Catz, how's Tim now?

update abt job: I'm considering whether to work from 1-7pm. Went to the infant class this morning &amp; can't take all the crying, so will most prob take the toddler class instead, I think. If that's the case, then I'll be Heidi's teacher! But the principal needs to see Heidi on Friday afternoon to see whether we can be in the same class or not.. Got to go 4 dinner now...

Hi Angela,

just curious about your teaching job, the sch needs certified teachers rite? are u going to be on the job training or u already have the certificate when u apply for the job? i'm so envious of you, and also very interested in doing something like yrs, can see your darling at the same time..how nice..

Hi mommies, on the "toddler talking" topic, raymos can say many words..hmm..after counting, should be abt 35 vocab. egs of his favourite words are : apple, ball, ice cream, elmo, papa, mama, ah ma..others include, ah gong, jie jie, di di, pig, duck duck, bag, bed bed, clock, shoe shoe,eye, ear, go, bye bye, yellow, hello, star...think my maid plays a major role in teaching him words..now he's also learning counting and ABC, he can identify numbers and for alphabets, recently he can say A and B when show him the cards. Oh btw, we have enrolled him in daily playgroup session..will start the class in Oct..so excited for him. But really worry he may cry during the 1st few days as we are not allowed to stay with him.

my maid is aso starting him on potty training this week. just check with you all, any of yr babies started? aiyooo..evelyn, wilfred weighs 10.7kg is still oni on the 50% percentile? raymos oni weigh the most 10kg leh..dun dare to tink abt it. his height is around 82cm also

Good morning ladies!

Hi Ah Bunny,
Ya lor, oni increased 50%. If he can take eggs think otherwise cos last mth he kept vomiting after tried eggs (For MMR jab). Sian! He still cant take egg!
True, our tods can say many words now. My Wilfred can even scold pple somemore! Haha!

Hi MGTeo,
Jab &amp; the assessment
This time quite fast, Wilfred appt at 2.30pm, done everything at 3.20pm! took abt 1hr to finish.

Wah, seems like Claira is the tallest one here???!!!

<font color="ff0000">Height</font>
Claira 85-86cm
Heidi 84cm
Wilfred 82cm
Raymos 82cm

Anyone else?

Recently Wilfred refuses to walk by himself when we bring him out, always wanted to be carried all the time! So lazy boy!
Anyway, feel so glad that when he sees elderly he will greet them uncle or aunty.
happy.gif

Hi Angela, Ya envious that you can do this part-time job...I'm also curious if the school need certified teachers??
happy.gif

Today brought Claira for her jab. This time very fast within an hour everything is done. Anyway she cried for a while when the needle goes thru. The nurse took the wrong measurement of her height. She wrote 80cm. I was like ??? but anyway is just for record purposes so didn't say anything.

Claira tried to say "Bye! See You" but it sounds like black soya sauce (in hokkien). All of us in the family laugh and laugh then we make fun of her saying "jio cheng" (light soya sauce) and she copied us and laugh. So funny!!

Yesterday morning in the car she said "slide" and I was shocked and looked around and yes!!indeed I saw a slide in the playground.
happy.gif
At this age our little ones will really surprise us everyday with new words.
happy.gif

Hi all,
Just turned down the job at PAt's this morning.. Husband feels that the pay is too low &amp; working hours too long (half day). Moreover, the HR side dun encourage Heidi &amp; I to be in the same class. They are paying me as an untrained, but experienced teacher coz I actually taught 4 a few years. So now, I'll be looking for a 2 hour playgroup program 4 Heidi. Then, maybe will help hb with his business.. Also good la, can do whatever we want as a family!

hi ladies,
Tim is still quite feverish and phlegmy today. His temp shot up to 39.7deg this afternoon.. aiyoh, already adminstered suppositories twice. :p

Angela, yah family biz also good
happy.gif

Talking tods- Tim now says 'peese' (please) and gives a big smile when he wants something... alamak..

Hi all, Claira was having a temp of 39deg yesterday night after taking her 18mths jab. Wondering how long does the fever takes to settle to normal??

Hello all mums here, we are back from Port Dickson.

Hope Tim &amp; Claira recover from the fever soon. I am planning to bring Lucas for his booster jab tomorrow, not sure if can take the chicken pox jab together.

Angela: Given the offer is not up to your expectation, might as well spend more time with your family.

Our Trip in Summary
We stayed @ Avallion for 3 Nights 4 Days at the water chalet. We swam everyday either in the pool or in the sea. Lucas enjoyed the pool water slide, playing with the sand &amp; dipping in the sea. The town is boring, no good food to offer except this restaurant @ Merlin Hotel (very run down 1950s hotel but offer some reasonably good simple food, can still find angmohs eating there). Luckily the resort has enough activities &amp; beautiful to keep us occupied &amp; stayed in the resort most of the time. The resort is beautifully built &amp; landscaped &amp; the service is good &amp; they have an aviary with peacocks, rooster, rabbit, etc. We will go back again next year since it's only 3.5 hrs drive. I have decided to buy a small slow cooker for future driving trips as Lucas doesn't like to eat anything other than homecooked porridge. Found that the porridge from the hotel is either too salty or plain for his consumption. Overall, I spent good quality time with Lucas but not so much with hubby 'cause the HBO channels kept showing good movies. Holidys with a child is so different now...not so relaxing 'cause have to pay 101% attention on Lucas.

Tetra, any pics to show us?? Post some when you got the time. Seems like a nice short trip to adventure will let my hubby know.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm feeling very empty &amp; lost now....

I'm 8week+ pregnant, saw my bb heartbeat on last Friday but when i went back yesterday, gynae could not find the heartbeat anymore!!!

Well, I believe god must have a reason why he is doing this to my bb... but I just feel hard to accept it!

I will be going fo D&amp;C next week. Do I need to eat confinement food after the D&amp;C?

poh, so sorry to hear about this. You must be strong k. Yes you need to do at least 1 week of confinement. Take care.

poh: I am so sorry to hear that. I agreed that God must have a reason for this. Focus on restoring to your best health condition &amp; try again when ready. I am not so sure about confinement food after the D&amp;C but I think having balanced diet is still necessary (don't have to go for extreme 100% confinement food, can be too heaty) but having enough rest is the most important. Be strong &amp; focus on getting well.

Poh,
Am so sorry to hear about this too. You take care and have at least 1week of rest.

Tetra,
Sounds like a good trip...
happy.gif
Really envy you and HB that Lucas can tahan a 3.5hrs drive in the car. Linus sometimes can't even take a half an hour journey! I think a slow cooker is a good idea if you want to drive up often. Can share what $ did you spent for the whole trip?

Catz,
Hope Tim gets well soon. Is the exercise today extending to private hospitals?

MG,
Linus got mild fever for one day after the 18mth jab. Like 37.6, not so high till 39degrees. I fed a total of 4dose of panadol, 6 hourly apart. I think if fever persist for Claira after 2full days, you should bring her back to doctor again.

Hi Poh,
Sorry to hear about that. A confinement is a must and you must take extra care of yourself because it is very draining. Please rest more.

Piggy, thanks for your advice. Called home just now, so far no fever since yesterday night after giving her 1 dose of ibuprofen.

MGTeo: Will try to load the pictures when they are ready. Nice place to visit with your family. By the way, you can rent fishing rod &amp; crab net together with bait &amp; fish from your balcony or from the window where you can rest on the day bed. visit the website: www.avillion.com.my

piggy: We packed bread, books, etc to keep him entertained. Most of the time, he just sleep in the car. On the way back, he slept through the journey for 3 hrs till @ S'pore Custom. For the rooms, we spent about RM$1390 which amts to $600. We paid another RM$100/nite for the far out chalet in the sea. Their Garden Seaview chalet is cheaper &amp; I think more cosy &amp; beautifully furnished. For meals, it will depend where you eat; if in the hotel, expect the same rate as in S'pore hotels except that they'r in ringgit. Actually 2 nights is good enough. I would suggest that you can also drop by Malacca for shopping either on the way up or back but expect to spend about 2-3 hrs in Malacca (traffic can be heavy).

Tetra,

So any luck in fishing... I have no luck leh...ke ke ke.. ya I personally think that 2 nites are enough.. but it is indeed a nice place to relax, espcially if you are a sea lover.. staying on waters... he hee.. I see if I got any pixs to share also.. hee hee .. btw, I bought the tickets during the malaysia tourism fair and it was I think 300 ringit per nite for the water chalet.

Gals, do u think Batam is safe to go now?

twinkle: Very value for $. Where did you buy the tickets from? no luck on the fishing but get to see swarm of fishes &amp; small crabs below the chalet.

Is Batam been blocked by the mainland from Java area? I read that that could be another tsunami as there is still aftershocks in the sea @ Java area.

Hi 2005 mummies,

I'm hoping to buy a 2nd-hand set of Glenn Doman Maths Flash Cards. If any of you plans to let go, pls PM me.

Many many thanks!

poh, I'm so sorry to hear that.. please ask your gynae to scan again before the D&amp;C, just in case? Take good care of yourself..

Tim is still having fever... unfortunately both my hub and I are involved in ops this weekend so he will be with my parents.. feel so bad for abandoning him. He can barely hold any food down 'cos whenever he coughs, he will vomit out everything.. now already 9.6kg.. so sad
sad.gif

poh: agreed with Catz to do another scan just in case. Hope you are feeling better.

catz: Tim is in good hands with your parents. I remember Lucas also has a long eposide of fever &amp; cough/ flu in Mar/Apr. He kept vomiting whenever he coughed. Usually he felt much better after throwing out the phelgm. Sometimes in the middle of the night, we had to change the bedsheet several times a week. His intake of food reduced substantially &amp; was @ 10.5 kg for more than 2 mths. Reduce his intake of milk or dilute slightly, might help. And keep a pail/ bucket @ his bedside in case he feel like throwing up when he sleep.

Brought Lucas to PD for his 1st DPT vacinnation jab. Now weighing about 11.9kg &amp; stand @ 82cm. Cried &amp; screamed a while when PD inserted the jab. Now just have to watch if heis going to have a fever. PD said that there's a rise of cases in hand, foot, mouth disease &amp; flu which has been going for a while. The HFM cases usually increased in April &amp; August.

PD also mentioned that about 18 mth, he should tend to talk more. Once he can pronouce 2 syllabus words, he will pick up very fast.

Catz, hope Tim get well soon. Like what Tetra says his in good hands with your parents so don't worry. Take care of yourself also.
happy.gif

Hi ladies, I'm on MC AGAIN.. I think my bosses definitely not happy 'cos in just 4 months of work, I've already taken 8 days of MC. :p Not good, not good.. immunity very low. Tim is still pretty sick.. his phlegm is plentiful and his appetite is practically zero. He has really lost a lot of weight, very seem tia.

Back