(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

sun_moon

Anyone just tested positive and will be Jan 2005 moms? I would like to start a thread for all Jan 05 moms to discuss our expeirences and share our thoughts and advices.

hi sun_moon,

congrats! how many weeks are u now?

i just tested at home and its positive..but i wasn't too convince coz i have only missed my period for 2 days....worried its not accurate as i tested too early..

maybe will await for a few more days to re-test...

dolphina,

I think by the time you missed your period, you shd be in 4-5th week. The pregnancy test will not register pregnancy hormone unless you are pregnant. So congrats!
happy.gif

Hi,

I tested yesterday morning which is 2 more days before my period to due. Tot it was a negative and threw it away. Picked up from the bin later and saw a faint line. Is this a positive? But will test again tomorrow morning..

If positive, then I made it to have a monkey baby in Jan next year..
happy.gif

finally some new moms replying to my thread! I have been waiting eagerly cos I know it's kind of early ... i tested positive one and a half week ago, also on the week when my menses was suppose to be due. I didnt really believe initially... cos I still have very small amt of menses then... but read that this is normal and if by the 4th week, tested positive... the chance of being pregnant is almost 100%. Have all of you seen gynae yet? Whr do you intend to deliver the baby? I am very happy to make it for the 'Monkey' year baby.... cos i didnt really fancy a 'Rooster'... :p

Yve,
you should wait a few days and do the test again to be sure.... be patient ok! =) Meanwhile, it's best to avoid all the no-no food for pregnant woman just to be safe!

sun_moon,

I am making appt to see my gynea in KKH either end of this week or next week. If false alarm, will still see him about not hitting jackpot for 6 months..

no-no food? means no coffee hor.. Zzzzz... But there is a farnie taste in my mouth.. dunno if it is all in my head..

yve,

no coffee for sure... and no alcohol... ! I am about 6 week now... no morning sickness yet... sometimes i also feel a bit giddy, and mouth got funny taste... and i also wonder if its all in the head.... hahahha!

morning all,

yupe me overjoy coz i also prefer monkey bb to rooster bb...

but i also not convince leh...maybe i will go GP to confirm again later the week hor..me KS lah...

oh yve, u going kkh also? which gynae u seeing...me also wanna go kkh leh but dunnno which gynae to see,,,any recommendation??

thanks

dolphina,

I booking appt online at www.kkh.com.sg. I am seeing S.F. Loh. Recommended by friends. So I went for a body check last year. He seems okay to me. If u choose to see him specifically, think you cannot get subsidised rates.. If u get a referel letter from GP/polyclinics, will be cheaper..

thank yve,

i was thinking to go to the AMK one since they have clinic in the evening also..is it very difficult to book a slot that u wan?

i thot to go see gynae at week 6 or 7 ie 21/5 or 28/5..is it too KS to go book now huh?

aiyo now headache who to see....

u got any symptoms yet?? me just feel very tired and sleepy all the time....appetite also not too bad at least can have usual 3 meals..but after that feel a little uncomfortable..

happy.gif

congratulation dolphina! is this gonna be your first? it's my first and i am very excited and also a little bit nervous.
happy.gif

dolphina, no other symptoms other than farnie taste in mouth.. was very tired before dinner yesterday, but try to sleep after dinner, cannnot sleep.. you should try to book that appt now.. think for AMK, u have to call to book.

thanks sun_moon, yupe my first one also..so excited too...

thanks yve..maybe i will call to make appt later...

do u all think still need to go GP to confirm or not huh? my +ve was pretty obvious not those faint line kind leh...aiyo..now getting so kan cheong liow...hiak hiak

sun_moon,

have u decided on any gynae yet? when u gonna see one huh...

paiseh huh so many questions...since got kakis here to chat liow..

dolphina,

i think you shd still go to a GP to confirm it. I did that too.
As for gynae... my next appointment is on the 27th this month. Last week I saw my doc and she only gave me multivit... too early for any examination ....

sun_moon,

ya i also think better to go GP to confirm..

so u at which week now do u know..u mean ur gynae did not do any scan for u...

i am at 6th week going 7th i think....
gynae said it is too early... can see baby's heartbeat yet when i saw her last week (5th week then) so she said the next round then she will scan for heartbeat. I think it's okay lor.

oh okie..so i think you are a week ahead of me cos i think i am at 5th week going 6th week i think...so it will be abt 8th week on your next appt.

hope we can get more mummy-to-be to join this thread soon!!

yeah... the more of us, the more things to share. Lately my emotion going up and down... quite a stress for my hubby.... hopefully this forum can help keep me saint and air my anxiety sometimes.

ya i think this is a good revenue to air watever we have....otherwise i also got no other means of doing so....
happy.gif

lets keep this thread moving okie...

yeah.... we shd keep this going... and look forward to more friends joining us soon. Do keep me posted after you seen your gynae!

sun_moon,

i just went to confirm with GP and will see gynae this fri..so excited..hope i can see something!

oh ya i started to feel uncomfortable this morning..as compared to last few days...at night always wake up too...

u take care ok

Yve,

have u re-confirmed your pregnancy yet?

hong, heh.. dunno, have not seen doctor to cfm.. tested 2 times but both times faint line.. Menses not here yet.. I think so lor.. email me at [email protected] to chat more..

dolpina, see my answer to hong above.. i am seeing my gynea next tues.. I have the same sleeping problem as you too.. I get very sleepy at 9 plus.. sleep already then wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep.. I just feel my stomach throbbing all the time.. may be due to all the blood gng to the uterus.. but cannot tahan during the day cos cannot drink coffee to keep awake..

hi Yve and Dolphina,
i experienced the same thing as you two the last two weeks... waking up in the middle of the night... cant sleep very well. Read that insonmia is a common sytom for pregnancy and could last thru out the 10 months. I woke up mostly also to go toilet... tends to go wee wee more often nowadays... but still must insist on drinking enough water no matter what! =)
Congratualtions again. eat while still can, cos i dun really feel like eating now due to MS.

hi yve and sun_moon,

yalor i get sleepy very early unlike last time i was an night owl...then like last nite wake up at 4am and 6am..then about to fall asleep its time to go to work liow... the whole day so zompie..arghhh

hope that all our MS will not be too unbearable! now i always feel like having gastric pain and lots of wind...

sad.gif

still didnt feel like eating much... or rather everything i ate seems tateless. Keep feeling bloated and funny taste in the mouth. I been thinking... what kind of food can trigger appetite. Any suggestions? I been relying on grapes alot cos a bit sour and sweet...

sun_moon,

did u just started to lose your appetite this week? for the past weeks do u have good appetite?

always heard tat MS is a good sign that bb is growing well...

only started feeling like this since this Monday. I am glad baby growing well, but i really dun fancy eating anything that i used to like now. I am a very health conscious person and always eat very healthy un-oily food, but nowadays, the tot of all my stable food just make me sick and i am eating McDonald everyday... i feel so worried for downing all these junk food. I also crave for jui Kway, zhu cang fen etc....

Did you annouce your pregnancy to your friends and family yet? I have not told my family and only a few of my husband's friend's know.

morning.. i din feel anything this morning and i tot i am not pregnant.. always have this feeling.. i also have been letting go, just eat whatever i wan.. have been sleeping well these 2 days too..

have told our families and frens already.. at first tot only tell after checkup.. but cannot tahan.. :p

morning everyone,
i'm new to this thread. i'm not exactly a jan 2005 mum-to-be. am slightly earlier dec04. hope to be able to join ur thread.
may i check with you all if any of you have any problems taking folic acid tablets? i dun get much morning sickness but once i take the tablet, i will feel nauseous for the whole day

Hi Yve,
do make it a point to eat well till your check up... if not you might have to worry for the next nine months and feel guilty... better be safe than sorry la.

Chantelle, welcome... off course you can join us. My EDD shd be 5-8 jan, but who knows maybe my baby might decide to come see the world one week earlier??? :p I dun hv problem taking folic acid cos my doc only gave me multivit ( all in one tablet, and not very big one)... but these days not much appetite lor. But think it's nothing to do with the folic acid.

i was told that folic acid is very important for the baby in the early stages and it's like a must to take it..... mebbe your multi vit includes it? coz all docs will give pregnant mothers floic acid...... if it does, may i have the name of the tablet that u are taking? then i suggest to my doctor whether i can switch to tat instead

morning gals,

yippie its friday!!

welcome chantelle, so ur EDD is much earlier than us..so we have lots to learn from u ya.

well i have only told my mum not even my PIL coz i wanna to see a gynea before i announce to them..dun think i will tell any friends yet until 2nd tri...

think my ms kicking in liow..this morning feel nausea all the way from home to work...last few days not as bad but once after lunch i feel perfectly alright until evening...

oh i have actually been taking folic acid since early this year, altho i think have to take it in the morning, i took it at night before bedtime..so far i have no prob.

ya if i feeling ok then sometimes i dun preggie at all and can get paranoid coz dunno if bb growing well or not...aiyo cannot stand myself sometimes...heeee

Hi gals,

Visited gynae two days ago, she said mine little one is about 6 weeks, so I think I shall be in this thread rather than the " year-end MTB.. :p

However, not really know when is my EDD, coz my gynae was rushing to the labour ward when I visited her, only managed to do a v-scan, can "see" and hear the heartbeating, so excited.. :D

but hor... I got spotting (very little) on that evening, second incidence in two weeks, so gynae gave me one week MC, scared me really, coz I dun think it's that serious, was thinking of ask her to give me one or two days MC only..also kena jap twice a week for two weeks,,,
sad.gif

Now stay home doing nothing, very boring leh...

hi tan tan,

welcome to the thread!

congrats and you take care okie...dun move about too much...

wow so fast can see bb heartbeat liow huh..so envious..

Hi dolphina,

Thanks.

Well, not fast for me lor, coz my LMP was 19th Mar, but I had last ovulation I guess, wait until my neck long long liao..

Welcome tan tan.... do keep us posted of your EDD! i have two more weeks before seeing my gynae again... can't wait to find out how my baby is doing!

Chantelle, the tablet that i am taking is call 'Materna'. It includes 1 mg of folic acid ( recommended intake for pregnant mom is 0.4 mg daily ), and also includes iron, calcium, vit etc. Quite convenient for me since one pill settle all.

I was lying on the bed the whole morning.. but the nausea feeling just doesnt go away, and i dun think i could eat any lunch today... nothing trigger my appetite at all leh.

tan tan,

your LMP is 19 mar? then now only consider 6th week huh?

my LMP is 8 Apr and when i call to make appt with the gynae, the nurse say i should be 5 weeks plus and schedule me to see gynae today...aiyo maybe too early liow hor..so worried wat if cannot see anything... but when i go see GP to confirm, she told me i coming 5th week only ..so dunno whos right..must check later...so excited now...

sun_moon,

so u not working today? so shiok...anyway rest well okie...read somewhere that we can eat some biscuits or dry food stuff in order not to aggravant the MS..maybe u can drink some hot milo...at least something to line your stomache...

happy.gif

Dolphina,
thanks i will rest ... since i cant do much anyway. I tried eating some biscuits and i also heard ginger ale helps so i am going to buy some later and try it out. Will let you all know whether it works or not. So far, i find sour plum etc not very useful.

As for the week of pregnancy, we shd start counting from the week of your LMP. That will be week 1 ( ie you are effectively not pregnant yet )... most ppl conceive on the second to third week. So my LMP is 1 April, i am in my 7th week now i think. Does that clear up the confusion? Hope it helps!

thanks sun_moon,

so i think the nurse is right to say i 5 weeks plus coming 6th liow! think i am exactly 1 week behind u.

ya also heard can have some ginger sweets may helps and that sour plum does not help at all...but then hor, i dun really ginger stuff leh...sigh shall see how

think i might merlion soon after my lunch..just has some fish soup w/o rice and dun think it went down well...

hope everyone can have a good weekend ahead okie.

sun_moon,
dun have an empty stomach... it make sthe naesea worse....... at least have some crackers.... dry crackers helps

Hi dolphina & sum_moon,

I think the calculation from LMP is based on the assumption that you have 28 days cycle, my cycle is a bit longer, ard 35 days, so I have to -1wk from my LMP, also, gynae said I might ovulated late, so minus another half week or so, that's why I am only around 6 wks + lor..because I actually went to see gynae last Monday (6wk 3d from my LMP), abdomen scan see only a sac (a small black hole only), that time I didn't do v-scan coz afraid would affect BB, but this time stil have to do V-scan because gynae said sure can't see from abdomen scan, no choice lor..

Based on a book I borrowed from the library, EDD is actually = O day + 266 days, my O day was round 9-12 April, so I guess mine will be early Jan baby..
happy.gif

just curious... what do you gals think... is it better for the baby to be born in dec or jan? dec will be one year older, but will always be the youngest among his/her batch.. thus might learn slower... and jan, one yr younger and be more prepared among the same age???

correct me if i am wrong to say this... i am jus wondering abt the difference and its significance thats all.
happy.gif

hello girs,

true enuff went to merlion a bit..sorry sound gross...

well actually hor, me no preference whichever month, but my frd so funny say if early part of the year one, got to spent more $$ than those born in the year end...

but the elders always say early part of year one clever and smarter coz see the world sooner than the rest...

oh ya, do u think its better to do a V-scan on first visit? or i ask for abdominal scan and if cant see any than do the v-scan huh?

i think if can go for abdominal scan then go for abdominal scan ... safer right?! but what ever it is, just trust your gynae. when is your next appointment?

Hi all,
I am new to this thread. Tested +ve on my clearblue on 10/5 so about 5th week now. I've schedule my appt with gynae on 25/5. Should be about 6 weeks by then. I'm rather anxious as this is my first time... and nervous too.
I'm really very happy to find this forum that I can get info from.

Back