(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Hi girls,

I have a tin of 900g Similac follow-on just opened on last Fri 30/10. and a 400g also just opened on last sat 31/10. raymos doesn't like similac so i've switched back to mamil gold step 2 for him. if anyone of you dun mind can get these 2 tins from me and I am selling one new tin (unopened yet) at $22. the other 2 opened tins are free. interested parties pls respond asap. thanks

Some of the 2004 year end moms are preggie.. I wonder who among us will get preggie first.. I also wan to get preggie leh, but my last period is nearly 2 mths ago! Cycle all haywire leow..

Hi mummies,

Remember I said I would post some of Michelle's 8 mths old pictures a few weeks ago. Well, here they are....

321434.jpg

See, I can multi-task

321435.jpg

Let me show you my foot

Baby's update
Michelle is 8mths 3wks and 4 days old as of today. She can crawl on fours v well and loves to crawl underneath the dining table and chairs. She's able to pull herself up to standing position in the playpen and when she gets near the coffee table. She has been vocalising a lot recently, many times to express her unhappiness abt something. Her papa just got "scolded" by her last Sunday for dirtying her clothes when feeding her grapes....was so funny
happy.gif
. She can also wave bye-bye when we put on her shoes and tell her that we are going gai gai.

Blanche, love the write-up by your DH in your blog. Wish my DH could do that for our little girl as well. He doesn't even bother to take pictures of her...sigh!

Hey all! Tim's exactly 9 months today!
happy.gif

blueberries, Michelle looks so matured.. such a sweet girl. She sounds very intelligent indeed!

Blanche, Ash is such a ladykiller. Like all the other ladies say, I think we're all so envious that your husband can express himself so well. Ash has been featured in so many magazines.. goodness
happy.gif
I think I have to be more diligent about sending pictures in!!

folic, thanks for the direction. I didn't even know there was a West Mall in Pasir Ris. Already with Loyang Pt and Elias and White Sands, I'm very happy.. haha :eek:) MP for $15 is cheap!

yve, thought you were using Nepia all along? Right now I'm still using Huggies Dry, Nepia and Pampers Premium. MP is a little too thick.. looks a bit obscene for my boy 'cos he's so skinny and down there looks so erm, swollen
happy.gif
Eh, speaking of pregnancy and haywire cycles, I finally got my period. Waaaah so heavy. Have to change pads every 3 hours and I'm talking about those 35cm pads leh. No joke. Had to take sangobion 'cos I was feeling really anaemic. Shack man, bleed so badly. When are you trying for another one? I think I cannot try so soon. Too tired to try!

catz,
no leh.. using MP and petpet lah.. I trying lor.. but looks not hopeful.. wan to give birth in one shot then close factory..

yve, waaaaaah.. you are very brave leh!!! I see your point also but eeek.. think about another pregnancy I also scared. I think I would like to space it out a little more.. maybe 3 years apart. Perhaps I can cope better then. If accident happens, then so be it.. but tough lah, since I had to take Clomid to conceive.

Oceans,
Yes, Ash appeared in Motherhood magazine
happy.gif
You are so sharp... actually, hubby sent in about 2 months back,but they published it only recently. Hehe, cheapo mummy and daddy here trying to earn some extra "income" :p this time got a baby einstein DVD and VCD which is actually what I wanted. Wanted to try him on tp see of he likes it before getting the set
happy.gif

TTC-ing
Wah, a second one!!! never thought it it yet. think I would want to give more attention to ash first. When second one pops believe he will have less attention, so let him enjoy it while it lasts :p am planning for a 2.5 to 3 years gap. hopefully, ash will be more "dong shi" by the time the second one arrives so will be easier
happy.gif

Catz,
Send tim's photos... he's so adorable, sure will publish one!!

Hubby
Wah. you girls praise him so much...afterwards he swell headed ah!! Haha, actually, me quite impressed he can write so well too, never knew that :p haha, always been telling him he's engineering fac one, cannot write... haha, it's this long standing joke we have and he will say I'm from arts fac one, cannot count :p I'm really glad for hubby though, don't think I can go through the whole journey from ash's birth till now without his support...

Ann,
I collected mine yesterday. Quite like their style - those where the subject of the photo is on the baby rather than dressing the baby up. Was just telling hubby that ash is too big for those anne geddes kind of shots already.

Mummies, don't mind me "P allow me to show off a bit :p I like the expression of the second one... hehe, so tau :p

321673.jpg
321674.jpg

*BREAKFAST TIME*

Plate of crispy WISHES,
cup of hot HELLO,
slice of Good Morning, &
spoon of sweet SMILE
Specially for U girls
Have a Blessed DAy!
321746.gif

Blanche,

what a good way to start the morning! Anymore?
happy.gif

Smiley Ash looks so happy in the pixs...he really smart to pose leh
happy.gif

Twinkle, Kristy looks so grown up!! Pretty little girl!!! Aiyah everytime I think I want a second boy, then I see all these adorable girls and go awwwwwww!!
happy.gif

Blanche, Ash is such a smiley babe. Tim has stopped smiling at the camera already
sad.gif
I love the b&w one the best.. so pensive, so stylo! Aiyah, my boy not very photogenic, I don't think he'll get picked. Had an audition for Motherhood mag but the naughty fella insisted on crawling everywhere so didn't get picked. Haha
happy.gif
Hey, a free baby einstein DVD and VCD? Solid man.. Your hubby engineering fac? Aiyah both me and hub engineers too but he always says I kelong. :p

Girls, such a cool nice morning. Took Tim for a nice long walk just now and for the first time, didn't sweat buckets! He's been very good today. When he woke up, he just sat quietly at the corner of his crib, waiting for me to come and get him
happy.gif

Blanche,
Ash is indeed a very smiley baby.
happy.gif
I like the 4th pic (the one without smiling) . He looks very intently. Very nice.

Evelyn,
Your "Breakfast Time" is so nice.
happy.gif
Must post more of this to let us start our day.

Twinkle little Star
These few days Wilfred'd happily open and close his right palm when we sing the above song to him. Now, he knows wave bye bye, hi5 and twinkle little star. Next we will be teaching him flying kiss. Any bb here already know how to flying kiss?

Twinkle,
Pretty sweetie girl you have!
happy.gif

Ash and Kristy are so cute! Both look so grown up, big boy and big girl already. Blanche, why do you say Ash is small? He doesn't look small in his pictures at all!

Feel so guilty, nowadays ever since we got back to Singapore from US, we don't really take many pics of Sherman at all. The grandparents stopped demanding for them so we got a bit lazy. Haha... I think I'll never get round to taking or sending Sherman's photos to any competitions or mags!

JayKay,
Long time no see... We started going for the earlier service so that Sherman can nap through the sermon (rather than talk through the sermon). How are you? Busy with work? How's Gideon?

Catz,
Totally understand the mummy separation distress. I went through it when we first came back to SG cos I no longer went home every 3h to feed Sherman and only saw him at the end of the work day. Then recently, I had to leave Sherman at his grandparent's place twice and go home with hubby because of hubby's early work committments the next day. The first time, I cried when we got home and felt really miserable, even though he was fast asleep when we left. The second time, didn't cry, but came home and hugged his Barney stuffed toy all night. Next week, hubby and I are going away for a short break without my cutie, I dunno if I'll cry on the plane!

Hey BabyD, just wondering where you'd disappeared to! Wah, holiday without Sherman? Goodness! Guess it's possible now that he's off the breast yah? Which FM are you feeding your cutie?

Yoohoo.. JayKay, Emonster, Tetra, where are you???

Hi Catz,
Yah lor, hubby and I going to spend some couple time together. Need a break from work but a bit hard to take him along for this trip, so have to "hen xin" leave him behind.

I'm feeding Sherman Dumex Mamil Gold Step 2. I tried the Dumex Mamil Nite and we've finally weaned him off his 3am night feed. It's been 4-5 days and he's been able to sleep through the night without milk. Now that he's cut the night feed, he drinks milk only 3 times a day, so I increased his milk to 7oz. My goodness, he finished all of it! He's got 4 teeth now and is happily munching biscuits for breakfast and teatime. He also loves his Heinz teething rusk.

Goodness BabyD, congrats on weaning Sherman off his night feed! Gosh, 7oz three times a day.. that's very good! Tim can't make any progress with the teething rusk 'cos he has zero teeth. Haha
happy.gif
It's good to have couple time lah. Wish I could do that but as it is, husband already has so little time with Tim so whatever time he has, I prefer it to be family time.

Blanche, Twinkle
I LOVE the photos!!! post more!! I love the 2nd photo of Ash - the tau look
happy.gif
Kristy looks more mature now, seems like more bak bak on the cheeks!
happy.gif

Ann
You seems like Michelle to dress in dresses? I prefer Summer to wear rompers
happy.gif
Little tom boy
happy.gif

Evelyn
Very nice phrases, anymore?? Regarding the car hunt, hubby decided to status quo, meaning we will hang on to our 7 years old Mitsubishi till further notice
happy.gif
Maybe wait till the COE drop further or car price drop further. But my hubby seems like prefers at least 2-3 years old car cos their COE is higher... We are thinking of upgrading our housing to somewhere near my mum since she takes care of the kids. But then may have to sell the car. Cannot decide, so best is status quo cos financial rich is better asserts rich
happy.gif

Babyd
Good to have some couple time. My hubby & I left my son with my mum for 3 weeks when we fly off to NZ for 2nd honeymoon. Really enjoy ourselves till I missed him from 2nd week. So lesson learnt - max can dong 2 weeks, anything more than that we start to miss him oredi.

babyD,
Enjoy yourself on your trip! Sounds great that Sherman has stopped his 3am feed.. Makes me tempted to try mamil night too.. But angel dun even finish her 5 oz at 9pm.. dunno how to make her drink more before she sleep..

Blanche and twinkle,
Ash and kristy are very photogenic!

<font size="+2">B-egin ur day with
L-ove in ur heart
E-xpect blessing
S-hare goodness
S-hine like the sun
I-nspire some one
N-ever forget that
G-ood friends are with U all the time.</font>

<font size="+2">Morning!</font>

Blowing Kisses
Hmmmm, seems like most of the bb here still dont know yet (no respond so far).
happy.gif

At this stage, we should try to teach our bb simple sociable actions, like blowing kisses and waving bye bye. On top of that, dont forget teach them saying hello or hi. We will definitely happy to see them with more actions and utter new words.
happy.gif

yve,
Maybe if angel eats her dinner earlier, she might finish her milk? Sherman has dinner around 6pm. He still woke up at 3am for milk when I switched him from 6oz of BM to 6oz of Mamil Gold Step 2. It was only when we tried out the Mamil Gold Nite that he slept until 5:30am. Now he wakes up around 6-6:30am. He still sometimes stirs from his sleep in the middle of the night but goes back to sleep pretty soon if we pat him. It's different from before because last time, no matter how we pat him at 3am, he won't go back to sleep and will eventually cry for milk.

Evelyn,
My boy does the twinkle twinkle and looks at his hands, but not on demand when we sing to him leh. He's very talkative and we're quite convinced that he's been saying "up there" cos he looks at the light or birds in the sky and gestures vaguely in the air. This morning, I thought I heard him say Hi when I greeted him on waking up. A very cute thing that my MIL has taught him to do is to go to my SIL's door every morning. She'll say "knock knock" and he'll then use his palm to bang the door a few times. Then he'll automatically look at the door handle and try and bend down to reach it, so my MIL will open the door to wake my SIL up! He demo for me one evening, so cute!

babyD,
angel eats dinner at 6pm.. She gets too sleepy at 9pm to drink all of her 5oz.. Anyway, I have been bluffing her with plain water when she wakes up before 5am.. I only feed her 4oz of FM if she wakes up at 5 plus..

Twinkle,
Kristy is so cute.... I love her cheeks.
happy.gif

Evelyn,
Linus don't know how to "fly kiss" yet. Nowadays, his favorite activity is SCREAM VERY VERY LOUDLY. His scream is so loud and high pitched that we have to cover our ears. I choose to ignore these screams so that he will not feel that it is fun or is prohibited, so must scream more. Wave "Bye Bye"- He will only do so when his mood is good. Not to everyone at home.

BabyD,
I think it is natural to miss your little one. I guess you should try not to think anout Sherman so much and enjoy the couple time, else your hubby may feel very "second class"
happy.gif

yve,
why don't you try feeding Angel her bedtime milk a bit earlier? Sherman has the same problem. If he starts drinking milk only at 9pm, he won't finish cos he's too sleepy. He has to drink around 8:30pm or so, before he get's sleepy, then he'll finish all the milk. Sometimes if I see that he's already getting sleepy at 8pm, we'll give him his milk earlier so that he can sleep earlier. He can still finish, even though it's only 2 hrs after dinner time, doesn't seem to matter. At least angel wants milk at 5 plus, not 3 plus, not so bad right?

piggy,
Yah, we're both going to try not to think about Sherman too much on this trip cos we both need a break from work etc.

yve, I think it's Ok if Angel doesn't take a full feed. Like BabyD says, it might be 'cos she's still full from dinner. My boy takes dinner at 5pm and then a bottle of perhaps 6oz at 7.50pm, conk out at 8pm.

Piggy, yah I also ignore him if he pooois out his water or fusses over nothing. Give them a big reaction and they'll keep on doing it. sometimes it's very hard to keep a straight face though :p

yvonne, yah we are also hoping that in the future, we can buy something closer to my mom's place. Car-wise, wow, the prices have really dropped below expectations!!

hi mummies,

peep in yesterday and saw Ash and Kristy pics, soooooo cute ... made me decide to go and collect dylan's pic from out of the box yesterday evening ... finally, after 2 odd mths of taking the pic, we drove down to collect it ... and here it is

322265.jpg

We brought Dylan to gymboree at Serangoon last weekend and signed up for the membership, for $50, we get 2 lessons and a t-shirt and we get to use the gym for free play for $8 each time. Was thinking shall we organise one for all our little ones to go coz now that they are a lot more active and crawling around, they will appreciate it better. For non-members, it will cost $15.

Anyone started planning your little one's first bday party oriedy ? a lot of frens have been asking me abt it, time really flies ya, most of them are 9 mths oriedy, some going to be ten mths soon.

Have been really busy at work and likely to be so till at least early next year but still do come in and read the post when I am free.

Yvonne,
Your post at 12.45am!?!! So late still on line huh?
happy.gif
Usually what time you put your elder son and Summer to sleep? We cant dong too late coz my elder son must wait until we both go to bed then hell follow us. Unless he really tired, then will go to sleep by himself, or else he will just kacau us, keep talking to us or watch TV (Barney, his favorite.)
Actually its the right time for car buyer to buy coz the low COE. Well, my hubby until now still no intention to buy, he says we only go out during weekend, no point buying (seldom use wor.)

BabyD,
Thats great! Sherman such an intelligent boy!
happy.gif
Did you video each time when discovered he has had learnt new thing? We always video my both son, after downloaded to the CD, once awhile we will play the CD and enjoy all together. Wilfred always looked happy when see his face on the screen.
happy.gif

Piggy,
Wilfred used to scream very loudly as well, but he very talkative and teh nowadays. A bit a bit onlya a a, esp when we ignore him, he will keep a a a at us, wanted get attention lah!

Slamdunk,
Dylan looks so cute in the pix.
happy.gif
Sounds so busy, but we do hope youll come in and chat with us when youre free. Take care.

babyD and catz,
Okay, I will try to feed her earlier for a few nights.. otherwise, it is mamil night then.. I tried to feed her at 11pm by waking her up, but she refuse to wake up or open her mouth to drink...

babyD and Catz,

talking about night feed.. my girl very funny, if she drinks mamil night, she will wake up ard 4am for milk.. but if she drinks the normal FM, she ok.

Evelyn,
Jeryann doesn't know how to fly kisses yet.. she only knows how to wave byebye.. nowadays, she knows how to play hide and seek. she sits on walker, walk into a room and want us to go and 'catch' her.. then she will scream and laugh. when we never go in, she will come out and see then she saw us, she will run in again.. really funny.

Evelyn,
So far we've never captured Sherman's antics on video cos we don't have a videocam. My dad has one, but hardly takes it out. He only video Sherman once so far. Hahaha... we used to digitally record Sherman talking and send those files home via email. Now that the grandparents get to hear him "live", nobody bothers to do the recording anymore so we have a huge gap. My goodness, the things he says now is so different from his last recording 3-4 months ago!

Ann,
Really? I'm hoping that I can switch Sherman back to normal formula for his bedtime milk after he gets used to sleeping through the night without waking up for milk. Will finish this tin and see how.

yve,
Funny hor... babies always wake up when you are trying to be quiet and keep them asleep. Then when you want to wake them up, no matter how you kacau them, they refuse to wake up.

slamdunk,
I missed you and cute pictures of Dylan leh... Such a handsome boy.

Hi Mums,
Tetra wants me to say Hi to all of you. She says she is very busy at work and hardly have time for Lucas. She will come to forum once she is settled down.
happy.gif

Angela,
Heidi does look like the Heidi in the cartoon hor? Aiyo, so cute.
happy.gif

Slamdunk,
Nice pic of Dylan. Gymboree got any branch at the West side? Or anyone have their www so that I go may see see?

Ann,
The way you described Jeryann play hide and seek is so cute. You should film it down. Sure will bring back alot of laughter for the whole family in the future.

Oh, it is so nice to see all the babies here growing up! We have lots of handsome and sweet little babies here!
happy.gif
Make me so proud of all of them. Some featured in magazines, some won prizes in BB show and some just enjoying their BBhood... hahhaa...
biggrin.gif
Looking back, it is such an achievement to create something out of nothing.... and alas, there is a life growing up right in our eyes!!
happy.gif

So, anyone of u thinkin of having No 2 or 3 liao???

Ocean, you planning for no 2?

I'm planning for no2 soon... as I'm intend to have 4 children but period still not back yet. How do we know when we ovalute when period is not back?

hehe..., their father &amp; mother must be handsome &amp; pretty in order to have such handsome &amp; pretty babies, right! Haha...

Angela, saw that Heidi is sleeping on the babycot. Now that she learning to stand, do you still put her sleep in the cot? Ryan is trying to pull the side bar to make himself stand up and sometime he will bumped himself on the wooden grill. Really not sure how to let him sleep on the cot now?

Hi Poh,

The photo was taken in Aug. She doesn't know how to pull to stand then. I've lowered the cot all the way down. She still sleeps on the babycot. And yes, she bump her head like, all the time... but can't stop her lei, she's very active. Now she's used to it already, haha.. Bump until no feeling already! I want no. 2, but most likely next year, before I turn 35!

Hi mummies,

Michelle is 9 mths old today......yeah!
happy.gif

Piggy, Michelle is born on 7 Jan 05. Thanks for updating her details.

Last night, Michelle met with an "accident". She was crawling on all fours on the floor, then her hands slipped and she fell face downwards on the ceramic floor. She cried loudly and as we picked her up and tried to console her, a tickle of mucus mixed with a little blood dripped down from her nose. I felt so guilty 'cos I was actually beside her and still cannot catch her in time. Keep wondering if there's anything broken in her nose till now. DH said "keep falling on nose, wait nose flat flat not nice already". I was thinking - is that all you cared abt. Anyway, don't dare to open my big mouth just in case I kana flamed
happy.gif

By the way, now that our darling babies are so mobile and active....what ointment or such do you all standby for bumps and falls?

angela,
Angel has the same float as Heidi! But angel dun like the float already... She prefer to go without it and drink pool water..

blueberries,
Oh poor Michelle.. Monitor her for a while okay.. I used zambak on angel's bruises and bites..

ocean,
I wan number 2 too.. But then, no see menses for 2 months leow..

Back