(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

cody, so dean dun watch TV at all? then does he watch baby/educational prog/dvds/vcds?

BAG- eh, u go and spend 1K on maternity clothing when you are NOT preggie, so can spend more on a bag lar, cause bag can use long long time mah :p

chihiro, Faye's bread is always NOT puffy wan, cause I gave her a piece, she will clench it tightly with her hand, until become flat flat!

lil prince,

I dun bath nat at nite, i only wipe her body. I dun wipe her when we r out even when we r at some1 hse. I find it very troublesome. I will wipe her when we r home as nat sleep very late. Rhyam wun wake up when u carry him from car to home? Nat will, she can still be sleeping when we carry her from car but the moment when placed her on her bed, she will be awake. BUAY DA HAN!

cody,
hmm very difficult to use FM my packaging method but hor, got once Athena hungry, I in cab queue ALONE, I sling her, fill milk bottle with hot water from vacuum flask, scoop FM, feed her, while moving along standing cab queue lor. :p

My stroller is 4.2kg with full canopy, with basket underneath, 1-hand operation, almost full-recline, Combi ~$150-$200 I forget liao.
I walk from Tanglin Mall to Taka, no canopy will become baby-SPG. :p

Need so many diapers? If go mum's/PILs, I already deposit some diapers/ clothings there, just that I dun like to open so many cans of FM here and there, so pack bigger pack of FM with me
happy.gif

I bring ear thermometer nowadays too, cos mum's/PIL's dun hav sophisticated ear thermometer... I waiting for THEM to buy :p .

Makeup/ basic toiletries, I put in small pouch... sometimes I bring (to mum's place).

Berry,
I watch TV only when she zzz and when I not online... so means very little TV lah. :p

Lilprince,
I think Rhyan bigger built and heavier, more suited for Maclaren rather than japanese/ chinese models.
happy.gif
Anyway u got car, so wt of stroller not too much concern mah
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

I have a 11 month old daughter. So glad that i saw all the previous posting, Especially Esther photo
happy.gif
so cute.

I can see all the mummy very hardworking bring a lot of thing for the baby. I only take one backpack. with 4 items wet wipes, diapers , extra clothing and milk powder.

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
hahaha...
we popped bread into her mouth.. tts y

Heinz jarred food
can be eaten like that? no need to add into cereal like gerber's?

little prince:
ya if i go out beyond dean's bedtime, i will bring his pyjamas and a small hanky to wipe him clean. Same same...dean will fall asleep in the car, and all i have to do is to put him down on his cot.

the lucky bb pram was cheap! only $59.90, but i bought if from JL during their 15+5% storwide discount. On top of that i could still accumulate my Kids Club loyalty stamps (which equates to another 10% off).

this lucky baby pram is the netting kind. no canopy, no basket, no stroller bar (in front of baby). it's really really light!

i was initally thinking of buying the maclaren volo, same concept but it comes with a basket and weighs 4.2kg. but it costs twice the price of the lucky baby pram.

i ended up with the lucky baby pram cos i intend to use if for travelling. many people have told me that when you travel by aeroplane, the handlers will just THROW your pram around, and often the pram will spoil. So apart fr travelling light, must also travel with a CHEAP pram so that you won/t heartache if its spoilt.

littleprince: my monkey son dean also likes to bend over all over, sometimes even climbing out. this lucky baby pram has a 5-point safety harness. so it sould be good enough.

chihiro, gerber's one also can be eaten like that mah(they have one called chicken noodle I think?). Some mummies prefer to feed it warm though. For me, I dun warm it- faye is used to eating rm temp food.

Just curious hehe- why u dun let her hold the bread herself?

cody, i will put in a small cooler bag or the warmer cup filled with ice... i dun latch her on outside cos i dun usually wear nursing tops... difficult... and my hb &amp; parents prefer her to drink from bottle lor... speaking of which, my BM decreasing leow... *stressed*...

Excuse my photoshop bohliaoness hor :p
This is the original design I eyeing...
307141.jpg

But the Blues Clues dog too blue, very boyish... and I dun think nice in phototaking to cut the dog up (after take photo kanna mutilate I dun care lah) so thinking like the ladybug version have a separate "present" u can cut instead?

So this is my modification...
1) First u just have the head!
2) Then u add hat, flowers, ribbon! More girly, more pink colour!
3) Then u add the "flower" cake- CUT THIS cake during photo!
4) Oh I bohliao bought the candles liao- it's STAR-shaped with "1" numerical. Stick in the dog abit sadistic hor? So stick in flower lah.
Thinking put tiny alphabet baby blocks spelling "A T H E N A" next to the flower. Where to find tiny ones ah?
307142.jpg

Oh and I need to find this dog head balloon on Ebay, the party shops locally dun have. My sis says she can TRY to make the body, at most proportion all skewed lah. :p
307143.jpg

Berry,

Diaper bulky? Ok lah, still consider small as compare to some other thing in the bag. I just being lazy, dun wan to go to my car n get the diaper if I used it up.

Deniz,

My make up pouch is always with me when I go out. I din mentioned it becos its in my bag. My bag oso nt small leh. Whoever carry my bag will said wah u got gold inside ur bag issit, y so heavy wahaha..

deniz:
make-up? what make-up? what IS make-up?
i haven't dolled up for the longest time, the work make-up is no longer in my vocabulary!
at most i only have lip stick and a comb with mirror, that's all!

berry: no tv, no educational dvd etc. He only gets to listen to nursery rhymes cds ...

oh yah hor, why didn't i think of that? luckily you knocked some sense into me .... but but but $100 for some nylon bag like a bit extravagant leh! hmmm, its its leather or something can consider.... hee. Maybe i will go take a look this weekend. i know i will surely balk at the prices!

Medusa: *clap clap clap* hats off to you, kowtau to you!! how in the world do u manage? u ARE a superwoman!

eh your stroller sounds fantastic! but i remember combi strollers to be quite narrow right? i envisioned my son to be quite a squrimer (i'm right), so i ended up with a graco monster-of-a-pram.

berry,
What a pity faye don like the jarred food. Lucky u drive so don hv to lug around everything. Hehe, life is so much easier for me now when we go out since I started on the jar food.

Chihiro,
OIC, that's a good idea. I usually just bring gerber puffs cos Meghan loves them.

Makeup
Hehe, even if I bring my compact, I forget to touchup so don't carry anymore.

Drinking water
I noticed some other mummies (can't remember who liao) also bring spoon for bb to drink water. Meghan also don want to drink direct. Tried all the different tops for the magmag cup, different milk bottles, no success. Anybody got ideas? Still feeding her water with spoon.

cody, then dun buy a nylon bag lar, get soemthing nice instead. I *gasp* at your 1K on maternity clothing- I remember I was quite a scrooge when I was preggie, couldnt bear to spend much on clothing that I can only wear for a while! I'll much rather plonk the 1K on one nice bag than 20 nice pieces of maternity clothing :p

chihiro,
Gerber also got some but I think Heinz got better range.
Those jarred for for 9mths &amp; above are more complete meals eg, pasta, spinach &amp; pumpkin, so can eat direct. I think for 6 mths &amp; above also got.

MT, wahsay u darn good! I like the flowers on blueclues's paws and the ribbon accross her nose! End result look *abit* like poppy hor :p

Leather bag very heavy, I like Lesportsac best- thin nylon, very light and quite nice-looking. Not that cheap though, can't bear to buy a tote-sized yet... so using Her World freebie tote lor.

Ruffy,
no I bought normal flower-napkins, will not have b'day invit lah. Not everything Blues Clues or else really look like BOY b'day
happy.gif

Jen,
thank u
happy.gif
can't teach online lah, quite complex
happy.gif

Medusa,
maybe can look for building blocks/wooden ones..or go to those shop that sell handphone accessories- those that can let you string your own name..they may have those letter blocks..but maybe quite small in size..but definately have all the letters to "Athena". or those that make custom door plates for kids..they will have the alphabets.

I think my bag is consider light:

1 Milk bottle
6 diapers,
1 small pack wet tissue
1 set of extra clothing
Milk powder enough for 2 feeds
Normally I will plan the timing when I go out. I will make sure come back before her meals. Hot water I will go Mac and get hot water from them. Lazy mummy

pcs

oh yar hor, why don't you check to see whether any pt cleaner willing to stay till 10? i was initially thinking 3 hours only, hehe.

MUMMIES WHO SLING

what bags do you all use? i find that my bag keeps slipping off my shoulder so need a new bag!

er, dunno.. hehe
keke...anyway.. if i let her hold her own bread, it got to be in 'stick' shape liao.. and it will not be puffy too .. keke

berry
*I* got no time to watch TV.
sad.gif

CHANGING DIAPERS OUTSIDE
i always forget leh, else i wld be counting how many hrs left to cleaning him up so tt i can fully utilise the diaper. for an afternoon, i wld only need 2 diapers since i wld hv just changed rhyan before going out. 1 MP diaper for last change at nite.

ZIPLOCK BAGS
i realised alot of us use these bags leh, how often you all change the bags ah?

evelyn
last time hor, rhyan definitely wun wake up. but now, he will sometimes lar but he will fall back asleep very fast so i still prefer to clean him outside where possible.

medusa
pram/stroller pattern and weight IS a concern! coz i dun drive rhyan out most of the time, i take public transport with him and pram. only once in a while, then i drive rhyan out alone. now hb drive to work mah, i am chauffeured. hehe .. cannot buy too expensive pram/stroller coz low mileage, we usually go out on wkends only.

wah, i really marvel at your photoshop skills leh! photoshop software how much ah? got any free downloads anywhere or not? so interesting!!

cody
ITS THE STROLLER HB EYED!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

do u find the net "harder" and "rougher" compared to the Mc Claren one? i know got 5pt harness but rhyan can bend out till very extreme and if he is confined to the harness, he may not want to sit in it at all.
sad.gif

RE: superstar
JY is sooooo handsome n when he sang tong hua, wah piang, my heart melt liao, such a prince charming. I tink the song doesn't suit WL. But i thot WL sang rather well for 2nd song. Sometimes i feel dat the judges r being picky, like finding fault wif WL.

little prince,
Maybe by the time Rhyan goes to Pri 1, oredi single session.

itsun,
Esther very cute in the pics
happy.gif

cody,
My thermos flask comes wif a small bag.

reply again another time... got to go off liao gals...

Yuru
My bag is around 40cmx13cmx25cm and consists of the followings:

1 x changing pad
3 x diapers
2 x pocket size wet tissues
2 x plastic bags for soiled diapers
1 x big milk bottle
1 x small milk bottle
1 x FM powder container
1 x jarred food
wallet, h/p, make-up pouch.

berry:
i'm the opposite ... i rather spend 1K on 15pcs of clothes that i can rotate. bags i quite bo chap, cos clothes must change everyday.
I loved my bulge, so i was happy to show it off in nice maternity clothes!

u know, i spent $60 on a harrod's food bag for dean, and i swear i thot i could see blood oogling out from my heart!

Medusa: you also a photoshop queen huh?
erm how do u find time to post and play photoshop and do blog while taking care of athena all day long??? one word: SUPERWOMAN!
berry too!!!

le Sportsac:
me too, i like it but the price tag is a NIGHTMARE! Tis true what berry said .. it can't take heavy weight. Put porridge and hot water flask in there = recipe for disaster.

fruitcake:
when i sling, i can't carry ANYTHING else on either shoulders! i find that they keep slipping off...

littleprince:
true, the lucky baby stroller netting is harder and stiffer than the McClaren ones, but for its price ... compromise lor.

My bag content
1) 2 diapers
2) 1 small pack wet wipes
3) 1 chg mat
4) 1 set of clothing + baby cardigan
5) milk dispenser
6) thermal flask w hot water (heaviest item)
7) a milk bag -> 1 milk bottle filled with water for milk, and 1 water bottle
8)1 small plastic container for his finger food and snakes
9) toys
10) some plastic bags

Optional
11) thermos of food

I use a big bag from a mail order company Landsend... quite useful as it comes with lots of compartment and a big a comfy diaper mat...

cody
hi i replied... did you get it?

Home and Decor Mag

Anyone interested in old home and decor mag? I have some to give away.

Stroller
Hubby got the BIG N BULKY stroller Quinny Buzz. Looks good but so bulky... ... sigh so when i go out with gabby alone, i have to carry him. Sigh.

Medusa
I agree books have a better mileage.

Mummies

What books did you buy for your little one? My hubby going to states for meeting so thinking of asking him to get some for gabby as i heard they have a large collection? Any titles to recommmend?

Finally can log in. Yeh...

Cody
Not Yet but soon will have to settle wif hb 1st.
U bring 6 diapers out *faint*
sometimes if I'm going out for just 2 / 3 hrs, I don't bring any extras.

Medusa
Wah u have even thought of the cakes design. I haven't even settle the venue.
I agree wif Cody u r a super women. Make milk while standing in a q. Steady lah :p

Skyblue/Yuru/Chihiro/Why
The song tong hua is typical JY style of course ha can sing it better. I think its a tie between the 2 guys. I personally feel that Wl is putting extra effort by moving around the stage. Pei Fu :p

Stoller
Can more mummies contribute to the info on stroller. Asking on behalf on Orange
So far

Medusa
Combi 4.2 Kg. Full canopy and basket
Weight Limit ??
Price $150-$200

Cody
Luck 3.2Kg
Weight Limit??
Price - $59.90

fruitcake
tks for the sugestion on pt cleaner. will check it out.

ZIPLOCK BAGS- I veri environmentally unfriendly, I change mine all the time, as long as I think dun look so nice n new I'll change wan.

cody, I also loved my bulge alot when I preggie, but I scrooge so never spend much on m clothing :p
TV- I dont watch TV, dont cook, n do housework only at night if at all. n my compt table is right beside faye's play area, easy for me to pop in to post. The irony is that I can go online but cant cook/clean cause cooking/cleaning requires me to be away from faye's play area n she will wanna follow me n join in watever I'm doing!

GREEN COCONUT KUEY- I am eating this bengawan solo kuey- small green balls coated with white coconut shreds, inside got brownish sugar thingy wan. Beri nice! (I ate 2 boxes!)

ITSUN/ WHY- how much are the recommended Raffles hotel mooncakes? Do u know of any website that showcases the flavours available? Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Evelyn

From the landsend website about my bag. I got a solid red one so look very cheerful.

Longest changing pad that we know of
Handy "wide mouth" design
Adjustable carrying strap
Exterior bottle pocket
600-denier polyester

307212.jpg

Stoller

Medusa
Combi 4.2 Kg. Full canopy and basket
Weight Limit ??
Price $150-$200

Cody
Luck 3.2Kg
Weight Limit??
Price - $59.90

Gabby
Quinny Buzz
Weight Limit: 20kg
Price $699

BB BIRTHDAY- anyone gonna take leave to celebrate bb's bd? Anyone NOT gonna have a party? If so, then how r you gonna celebrate bb's bd?

berry:
i intend to celebrate dean's birthday with immed family on a sat night.
on the actual day itself, hubby and i will take leave to bring him out.
prob have a small cake to cut at home as well.

wah lau, my KS syndrome ... my son is only 8mths+ but i have already planned his BD celebration! *blush*

tink my lightest load so far alone with cali, a short trip to nearby shopping mall to get something,
1 diaper + 1 water bottle + sling
no wipes coz she oredi poo poo :p

tink tt's called "oneh oneh"

berry:
yeah that green morsel of sin is called Ondeh Ondeh. i love it too!

we're thinking of going to the zoo / bird park (he loves chasing after the pigeons at my MIL's void deck) or to the beach (but i hate sand!).

maybe squeeze in sentosa laser show at 740pm (we went there once but they were closed for a pte function. so frustrating!)

oooo I love oneh oneh, Berry u evil ahhh, now I want to eat!

Note about Lucky Baby/ Combi (asian) brands compared to Graco/ Peg Prego etc... quite flimsy lah, sometimes baby likes to rock, or put head out too much (Athena sometimes gimme heart attack when she does that, scared she topple pram). I don't leave her unattended in pram unless a few secs, when she's sleeping in it, and no boisterous kids running around.

Berry
Some time back I mentioned about the b'day party thingy, but i think that one not valid anymore lah.

I decided (I only, have not told hubby about the plan) to have a small party at home with family members and close friends. Won't be on an actual day, 'coz it's a weekday. I always wanted to have a day time party, but since it will be Ramadhan, hubby's side will be fasting so gotta do it in the evening. I think why i want to have at least a small celebration is 'coz i have been eyeing on some nice looking cakes, therefore, must have a party to go with the cake.
kao_sticktongue.gif

Berry,

I will celebrate nat's BD on the wkend just b4 his actual BD. And yes, i will take leave, will ask my hb to take leave oso as i intend to brg nat go gai gai. Go where? Still haven't decide. Nat is only 8 mths+

Chihiro,

Me too, light light load when brg nat to nearby shopping mall. Her pacifier and water bottle only. If i go there for makan, i will brg the teething biscuit along so nat will be busy munching her biscuit where i can ve a peaceful meal.

re: Bb Birthday
Anyone got recommendation for good &amp; cheap caterer? Planning for high-tea (a bit more substantial than just finger food type)for abt 60 pax. TIA.

berry,
U're not planning a party for Faye? I plan to have party on Sat afternoon, but on actual day will take leave lah &amp; celebrate with imm family in the pm. Hvn't decided wat else to do yet tho.

Mebbe some mummies got suggestions???

Back