(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Jen, pretty pics and Jean's got such pinchable cheeks!
happy.gif

kypf, wah I see the thick heavy clothing AND you slinging a baby... *kowtow*!

DG, haven't seen u in such a long while! Care to share your 2 princes' pics
happy.gif
?

I moved back to Bedok liao
happy.gif
. Very tired.

Jen, my mum's place lah. New place just bought, handover next yr. Besides, we're renting it out til Aug... by then Irvin past 1yr liao!

Actually now quite excited thinking abt his bday, LOL!

Hi sharon, you guys seen it so many times, still want to catch more?! hehehe...

Not that I'm aware of... but I think the Toys R Us Barney fair at the atrium lasts till 31 Dec, that's what the banner means? Show is only until 9 Dec...

GOING SKOOL
hey mummies, need some opinion regarding the timing of classes. just tell me what would u do.
quinns sleeping, waking and napping time is not very regular nor too mess up. as me not working so we dun have a fix time to wake up.

WAKING: can be as early as 8.30am (not very often) or as late as 12.00 pm ( if he goes to bed very late or disturbed sleep the previous nite)

NAPPING: usually his napping time is 4-5 hours after he wakes up from his sleep. meaning if he wakes up at 8.30am = 12.30pm *nap* and if its 12.00pm = 4.30pm *nap* and his nap is usually 2-3 hours.

but usually his wake up time is ard 10am *often*

so now if theres 2 classes to chose from which wan will be better?
1) 8.30am - 11.00am
2) 1.00pm - 3.30pm

i was tiking should i start him on routine, meaing have him change his sleeping time and all tat and put him in the mornoing session or just go for the afternoon session *but for this im wondering will he get too restless at ard 2 plus to 3pm which is close to his nap time too...... actually from what i see is both session dun make much diff since his sleeping, napping and waking time is not regular just tat his usual waking up time is ard 10am. im just wondering maybe a riutine will be better? i guess its gonna be tough in the beginning since i need to sort or readjust all his routine.... but maybe its a good thing?

little devil
I have the same problem.
Keira schdeule is also irregular and her lessons starts next year 9.15am to 10.45am.
I chose to "train" her to wake up early rather than risk clashing with her afternoon nap. Feel that she will have to attend schools sooner or later so better let her get used to morning schools

Hello mummies
I finally gave birth on 13 Dec induce, natural with epidural. Baby is yet cfm to have a name. She weigh 3.455kg at birth. Labour still long but shorter as compare to nicole time.

So far confinment still ok cos i break all rule haha, bath at least a day, wash this and tat mil came at noon on and off to help out
yest they bot nicole along, really tough handling 2 kids (really need to peifu kelly)nicole quite cling to me and wan me to carry, last nite I feel the aches stress & my sttitch pain and hubby feel tat nicole have to be wif in law at the moment.

Nicole had started cc on 11 dec, I settle her down before going to deliver. we are gald tat she adapting very well there din really cry or fuss just durign bath time as she hate stranger bath for her. My niece is at the same cc too so i guess it help a bit. So far teacher and niece feed back she din really cry and really enjoy herself there. But she was alway so tired after she rtn back as she still cant get use to the sleep time there.
Will update more again

lil devil,

I find the morning session timing is gd. Aft class, u can prepare him lunch, play with him and then put him to nap. Nat will be in the 11am class, abit Bu4 San1 Bu4 Shi4 so i put her on waitlist for the morning class which is oso start at 8.30am.

lil devil! Wah long time no 'see' heh, how have u been doing?
happy.gif

If I were you, I'll prob try out the morning session, cause after all he's had a night of sleep even if he doesnt wake 'naturally' for school, if school is enjoyable enough, he might forget about being grouchy from woken up once he is there. Whereas since alot of toddlers cant deal well with tiredness when missing naps, it could be quite unpleasant for you both if he gets grouchy during class in the pm.
Which school is quinn going to? Accompanied class or on his own?

Sharon, do check out the Esplanade website, they have a list of dec progs, quite a no of carolling sessions going on. We just went to two this evening. Both acapella and pretty darn good imo but Faye found it boring haha :p

wendypooh,
congrats! 3.455kg is a good weight. how long was your labour? i am praying for a short labour this time round since i had a really tough one when i had Esther. i think your hubby's idea of leaving nicole with your in law will be good for you. unless your mil can bunk over at your place. cos u really need to rest well for your confinement. u take care!

pcs
ha!!! seems like alot of our tods not having so call a ROUTINE. yah, i tik most likely i will put him in the am class.

wendypooh
congrats! no wonder ur confinement is easy *breaking rules* :p me too, during quinn time, i also never really follow those rules, will die from feeling yucky and sure super grouchy if i dun shower!

evelyn
yah so i was also tiking maybe the am session is much better and maybe i can plan our days better since theres more or less a routine from there.

berry
heee....me MIA for awhile but still on and off comes in to read. now my days with quinn is pretty busy *ever since he starts his "WHAT, WHY, HOW".

me think like wise too. i mean i really KENNA from quinn when hes super grouchy and restless when its his nap time and yet not being able to nap. and i feel tat morning seesion is more HEALTHY in a way. at least when the teachers bring them out for play or wat, its morning sun :p:p and i can have better control in terms of planning the rest of the day also. also sooner or later he will goes to skool too so i guess i just have to start it now.

actually i didnt *shop* much when comes to his skool. only visited afew but all pretty similar *IMO* but the 1 tat i am STILL considering is quite okie for me. its LITTLE SKOOL HOUSE. i drop by there and have a talk with the principal and such. like the environment there, very SUNSHINE feel :p and kids there looks happy and active and i didnt hear any sneezing, coughing and such when i was there *i been there afew times* while the other school, i keep hearing coughing *really bad kind*. though its not really the main issue BUT i just cant help feeling tat GOOD ENVIRNMENT = BETTER SKOOL .....??? at least i saw the cleaning aunty there cleaning the classroom while kids are out to play *in mid lessoni guess* and its quite a nice school, has a small playground of their own and also a indoor play area *like teh one in down town east and ikea* and its not a accompanied class so meaning i will have to prepare myself for quinns crying lor...

CONGRATS wendypooh!! Yes, it's a good weight!

What a coincidence! I just checked with Ruffybear and she also had elective c-sect on 13 Dec! Hehe... you 2 same EDD and same actual day!!
wink.gif

ziztine, you are next!! so fast!!

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies' Nick</TD><TD>#2 Name</TD><TD>#2 DOB</TD><TD>#2 Age</TD><TD>#2 EDD</TD><TD>Expecting </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>rochelle</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>05/12/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 16d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>peipei</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>12/01/06</TD><TD>11m 09d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>charsiew rice</TD><TD>Evan</TD><TD>10/03/06</TD><TD>9m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>gabby's mummy</TD><TD>Si'En</TD><TD>18/05/06</TD><TD>7m 03d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>chantelle</TD><TD>Caleb</TD><TD>05/06/06</TD><TD>6m 16d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>TBL</TD><TD>Nathan</TD><TD>14/06/06</TD><TD>6m 07d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>medusa (mtmtmt)</TD><TD>Irvin</TD><TD>17/06/06</TD><TD>6m 04d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>evelyn (leo29)</TD><TD>Nydia</TD><TD>10/07/06</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>kelly (weddingfairy)</TD><TD>Edward</TD><TD>13/07/06</TD><TD>5m 08d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>skyblue</TD><TD>Kayden</TD><TD>10/08/06</TD><TD>4m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>Blanche</TD><TD>Ayden </TD><TD>10/08/06</TD><TD>4m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>bride0712</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>29/09/06</TD><TD>2m 22d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>chihiro</TD><TD>Kenith</TD><TD>10/10/06</TD><TD>2m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>domesticgoddess</TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>10/10/06</TD><TD>2m 11d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>KC (sunshine_bear)</TD><TD>Rui Xin</TD><TD>23/10/06</TD><TD>1m 28d</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>kypf (ktpf)</TD><TD>Jacqui</TD><TD>25/10/06</TD><TD>1m 26d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>pets</TD><TD>Sharmaine</TD><TD>27/10/06</TD><TD>1m 24d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>sharon</TD><TD>Shaynnen</TD><TD>28/10/06</TD><TD>1m 23d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>emma (babypooh)</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>11/11/06</TD><TD>1m 10d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>sherhino</TD><TD>Sasha</TD><TD>20/11/06</TD><TD>1m 01d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>21</TD><TD>ruffy_happy</TD><TD>Roy</TD><TD>13/12/06</TD><TD>0m 08d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>22</TD><TD>wendypooh</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>13/12/06</TD><TD>0m 08d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>23</TD><TD>ziztine</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>06/02/07</TD><TD>33w 2d</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>bitbit</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>22/02/07</TD><TD>31w 0d</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

If u wish to join the list, pls send ur details to me:
- Baby Name
- Baby DOB
- Mummy Name
- Mummy Nick
- Daddy Name (optional)
- Mobile
- Email address
- MSN contact
- Home Address (Street)
- Occupation/SAHM/WFHM
- Blog/Online Photo Website (if any)

lil devil, Ohh I've heard pretty good reviews abt the lil skool house before, and their website does look pretty impressive too. Err... why going to sch alone means must be prepared for crying? If he is ready for independent sch then he prob wont be crying much rite?

sharon, just thought of one more place- downtown east! We were there today, saw this mexico band performing some xmas songs, v entertaining!

wendypooh,
congrats! ur girl is 5mths younger than my boy. very easy 2 remember. no need 2 pei fu me. u havent see me pull my hair, scream at gabe n looking like a 'siao ja bo'. u can do it too.

berry
hey i was at downtown east last nite. hello kitty, daniel &amp; bad badz maru were there so we managed 2 take pics. gabe was rather excited. he said he wanna take pics wif them. strange! cos gabe rarely sees HK stuff.

sharon,
ya, there's some carolling at 630pm or 730pm in downtown east. cant recall liao. will check 4 u 2mrw when i drive past downtown east.

Jen,
ya looks like i am next
happy.gif
it is gonna be a girl btw. EDD should be 8 Feb. just went to see gynie yesterday, bb is growing well (2.2 kg) though mummie did not put on any weight since last checkup. phew. looks like this one like Esther, very good at eating inside the womb. head down already.

Hello all mummies,
Thanks for all the well wishes. She finally got herself a name today. We name her Jeralyn (Enqi).

Ziztine,
yes, although tis labour is long but is much shorter as compare to Nicole time. I had a show on 12 Dec noon, decide to go kkh to see gynea (he had ask me to go for induce since 10 Dec). Done ctg and having on and off contraction. He ask me to admit for observation if nothign happen will induce at 6am 13 dec. Induce done at 7am water burst at 2pm and labour at 8pm so all in all abt 12hour.
Yes hubby know I not stable enough to look after 2 of them so he tink leaving nicole wif in law is the best. nicole is a super active girl.

Hope u will have a short labour tis round too. But i would say the 2nd labour for me is much easy comapre to 1st one.

Littledevil
yes, breaking rule make confinemnt much more easy if not i will go crazy.
Nicole just went to cc and her nap time is not adjusted yet. the cc is slowly adjust her time and let her get use to it. I would say sch really make them tired out. Nicole is alway so tired after rtn home.

Jen,
thanks for the updating. so heng, ruffy had i share all the same date. actually in law all choose 12 dec but she refuse to coem out haha

Sharon,
yes i agreed wif u, bathing and easy confinemt really make us more happy. Tis round i much more happy just when i tot of nicole i will get emtional. She just happen to go cc and and adjusting the life there and at time I feel sorry I had to send her to cc cos of mei mei.

she is ok and love mei mei, just tat sometime her sayang is quite rough so we had to keep a look out. she cry when we brign mei mei home from in law hse and i feel sorry tat i had to leave her there.

yuru,
my gynea alway warn me tat tis will be big bb so i so scare i will end up c-section thanks god all went smoothly. She took all my food nad weight. I had return to my pre-pregancy weight hoping will not increase anymore.
pic still no time to upload will get hubby to do adn post soon

kelly,
U really much more capable, at least u have the courage to handle 2 of them. Tom nicole will be back for teh weekend and I hope i can cope.

Congrads to Wendypooh,
For me.. I chose elective c-section so was scheduled for that date. Heng also coz Gyane said that bb's cord was around his neck twice when he took him out.. any longer inside would have been dangerous.
happy.gif
My bb is 3.7kg.. now 3.9kg at last weigh in on wed.. didn't post pic here coz posted already in Feb/Jul thread.
happy.gif

Will be handling both myself ( Ryan goes to full day CC and will be SAHM for 1.5yrs)..so still okay ..just more busy at night.
happy.gif

So far quite okay coz MIL is here to help with cooking/Ryan this mth. Slowly adapt to the new routine.

<font color="0000ff">Wishing all a Merry X'mas!</font>

on Schedule/Routine
hey, Shanice has a pretty much similar schedule as Quinn.. that's why i'm also having headache about sending her to school or half-day childcare. but anyway, guess another headache will be looking for a school to send her to. we haven't really started looking...
lame.gif

lil prince
hey, 4got 2 thank u 4 e info abt e barney briefs. i'll check it out. thks a lot
happy.gif

how's rhyan now in e CC? is it still a 1/2day arrangement?

congrats to ruffy on your newborn.
for me is bb quite big gynea keeo asking for induce, but i need to settle nicole in cc on 11-12 dec. and i decide to admit on 13 dec to "surrender" to gynea whose know had a show on 12 dec noon and gynea wan me to admit to monitor overnite and induce on 13 dec

birthday blue
nicole is down wif cough and flu after a heavy festive party and her birthday junk food. pil bot her to so many xmas party and she had taken lot of junk food.

Mummies who have given birth
Congrats!

Kelly
No worries. I bought a set for Rhyan too and he loves them alot. Recently, he has a regression for potty training, always hold his bladder till the last minute and when he tells me he wants to pee and i rush him to the toilet, he pees before I manage to get him in position.

Yesterday, I kept reminding him not to wet his Barney brief else if it gets wet, he will not be able to wear it. And, he really allowed us to bring him to the toilet earlier. This week, his CC will be trying out to let him go without diapers there.

Yes, he is still in half day CC. I attended his Meet-The-Parents Session last Sat and his teachers said he is progressing well with certain development skills that they are trying to guide him to improve further. They will move him to N1 from Jan onwards, initially they wanted to wait till Mar when he turns 30mths.

He still doesn't eat much of the food there, especially breakfast so I am still packing bread in his school bag. Otherwise, he is doing fine there. I will very likely still continue him in half day CC unless there is any reason to put him in full day.

He comes home with some new songs + actions on and off, and rattle his friends' names as he play. I am really glad I made the decision to put him in school.
happy.gif

wendypooh, last last year I also wanted 12 Dec! But hor... she can't wait and pop out one day earlier... I was oredi 3 days late from EDD... =P

lilprince/mummies with girls, do u know where I can get Barney or any pretty panties? hehehe... trying to encourage potty training too...

lil prince,
u mean tat rhyan has been going 2 cc with diapers? when i brought gabe 2 check out his previous school (i switched schools last min), u told e supervisor abt gabe being toilet trained but he'll b sure 2 make pee/poo puddles since he's in a new environment (new things 2 do, new friens other than his usual 'wyn wyn', esther &amp; heidi 2 play wif, etc). e supervisor said 2 let him wear diapers for 1-2wks. i told her NO. i dun agree as it wont help in his toilet training.

he's going 2 school next wk so i've been telling him 2 tell e teacher when he 1 2 'shee shee' or 'ngg ngg'. i've been drumming tis into him everyday, at any opportunity i can.

jen,
my plc opp sells very pretty barney undies. u 1 2 check it out when u come by in early jan?

kelly
yes, rhyan has been attending CC with diapers. his CC is very encouraging for potty training, they initiated to try out from Day 1 and were very understanding about puddle accidents. but, i did not want to stress him with handling a new environment and having to tell "strangers" he wants to pee or poo all in one go. and, i am not sure if rhyan may take it badly if he makes a puddle in CC and his teachers or classmates laugh at him. to me, its alot for a young tod to cope so i do not mind letting him go diaperless slightly later in CC. furthermore, those who are toilet trained there goes to the toilet on their own to pee or poo and teachers will go slightly later to check on them.

but, he does go without diaper after his shower time at CC, before lunch. the teachers and i dicussed and agreed to let him try going diaperless now since he has adjusted to the enviroment. actually, i am not worried about him making puddles accident as i am pretty confident he will not do it. what i am worried about is him not being able to catch the CC teachers attention fast enough to pee in time at the toilet. even with his current regression, he still pees only at the toilet except that we may not have pulled down his shorts in time.

Just want to check with u mummies
how much is a MRI scan.
my friend's daughter 27 mths old fell from a chair and hit the back of her head against the floor.
She was still as active &amp; playful BUT she has vomitted all her feeds so far (abt 4 feeds)
She went to see a PD and was told to monitor but as the gal is still active so no need for head scan for the moment

hey, anyone can check yahoo mail or get on msn? sigh... seems like overseas internet is down...
sad.gif

pcs, depending on which class of ward she falls under... MRI subsidised, can be very cheap... unsubsidised can go up till $1k I think... usually will do a ct scan before an MRI... i'm surprised why the PD did not order an X-ray since she has vomitted all her feeds...

Jen
how much is a CT scan? Must be done in a hospital right?
My friend just bring her kid to the PD to check, havent go the hospital yet

pcs, I do not know the exact rates... but it will be good if she can get a referral letter from PD or GP, not sure if need to be polyclinic... then maybe can get subsidised rates... can ask her to call KKH to check...

Thanks Jer! Thank goodness this site is local... hehehe...

sorry to intrude... just happen to saw pcs's query.. my bb girl went for MRI brain scan ordered by a pd neurologist 2 months ago at Paragon and it was about $900 plus. just for your info. Should be cheaper if going to public hospital to do it as subsidised patient.

Congrats Wendy and Ruffy!
happy.gif

Sch- finally found one... 2hrs daily, went this morning to look see with Athena, she seems to be ok with, I like the convenient location, so settled!
Am VERY worried abt her falling ill (and passing to still very young Irvin)- bought gummy bears. One type is multivit, the other is something for building immunity (take for 10 days, stop for 10 days). Plus her usual codliver oil, and goatmilk tablets. That's about it for supplements hor? Got any chinese supplements?

Pottying- Athena basically knows how to pee and poo in toilet but she prefers to hold her bladder til she walks funny. She will tell us she needs to go if she's wearing panties, then we must get her there ASAP or get puddle. If she's wearing pull-up, she will NOT tell us. ZERO success with OUTSIDE toilets- the last time she got freaked out by stupid loud and scary automatic flushing that flushed every 2 mins, grr! She 100% poo in toilet though.
Spoke to Principal of kindy abt pottying- I asked if anyone will scold Athena for making puddles, she said of course not. H/e, she said other kids may point and A may be affected. I agree- A is very sensitive. So she says let A wear pull-up diaper, teachers will bring them frequently to toilet to ask if they want to void. Hopefully child-sized toilet more appealing, and positive peer pressure. Before child leaves for home, teacher will check to see if diaper soiled, to monitor.
I know A regresses on pull-ups... but this seems to be the mildest solution. On our side, still have 4 mths before she enters sch, we must persevere in pottying lor.

Barney frilly panties- my mum bought a few Barney panties with ruffles in Seiyu Bugis. Apparently quickly snapped up cos few days later, my aunt went for more... almost all gone!

Back