SingaporeMotherhood | Family Fun
National Day Fireworks 2023: 36 Prime Views & Sparkly Staycations
Have you heard? This year sees the first time the National Day Parade returns to the Padang since 2020. However, ticket-less and diehard followers of the ever popular National Day fireworks don’t have to worry. The sparks will still be lighting up Marina Bay, as well as in various heartland locations for National Day 2023. Moreover, there will also be an enhanced RSAF55 Aerial Display segment in honour of RSAF’s 55th anniversary. This includes F16 and F-15SG fighter aircraft performing an exciting “Salute to the Nation”.
We round up all the key vantage points to stake out, ranging from official NDP 2023 events and prime picnic spots to rooftop restaurants and staycations with a view. All family-friendly options, of course. Ready to “Shine Your Light” for the nation? Then it’s time to move “Onward As One”!
Official NDP 2023 Event Locations
1. NDP @ the Padang
Only a lucky few — about 27,000 — get to personally witness the grand event on 9 August obviously. But everyone else can either catch ‘live’ telecasts or admire the fireworks in person from a distance. Besides the actual day, there will also be NDP Previews on 22 and 29 July, albeit with scaled-down pyrotechnics. Expect the fireworks displays to begin at around 8pm. More details
2. NDP @ Heartlands
If you’re not keen on jostling amid crowds downtown, especially with little ones in tow, we feel you. Instead, gather at these five heartland locations: Bedok Stadium, Jurong West Stadium, Our Tampines Hub, Toa Payoh Stadium, and Woodlands Stadium. Not only can you remotely ‘participate’ in the Parade with your community, but fireworks will also go off in sync with the Marina Bay display! More details
3. Majulah Fiesta 2023 @ Singapore Sports Hub
Otherwise, head to OCBC Square at Singapore Sports Hub on National Day. After a fun day of sports activities and carnival games, catch the live NDP telecast with family and friends. Why not pack a picnic for the occasion too? Highlights include the fireworks display along Stadium Riverside Walk happening concurrently with the main event across the bay. More details
Prime (Picnic) Spots to See National Day 2023 Fireworks
- National Gallery Singapore – Offering the closest view overlooking the Padang is the rooftop of National Gallery Singapore. It’s even better if you’ve got a table at the restaurants there.
- Merlion Park – The steps next to the Merlion are arguably the best seats in the house outside of the Padang. It’s also an ideal spot to picnic and enjoy the panoramic view.
- Jubilee Bridge – The pedestrian bridge linking the Esplanade to One Fullerton witnessed its first National Day on SG50. Since then it has proven to be a favourite fireworks viewing spot.
- Esplanade Bridge – The pedestrian walkway running alongside Esplanade Bridge offers equally awesome views as the Jubilee Bridge next to it.
- Esplanade Waterfront – The waterfront by Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay is a popular hangout for good reason. Expect a stunning view of the fireworks along the walkway.
- One Fullerton – Whether you dine at the many restaurants or hang out along the waterfront, One Fullerton is another stellar vantage point.
- The Promontory – Another fantastic location for a picnic and fireworks views, festive excitement always runs high at the Promontory.
- The Lawn @ Marina Bay – Across from the Promontory is a lush strip over the subterranean Marina Bay Link Mall. It’s not only usually slightly quieter, but also an ideal picnic spot.
- Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade – The boardwalk along The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands is always popular with families. Or try the elevated views from the Marina Bay Sands SkyPark.
- Helix Bridge – It’s better known for non-ticketed views of the Parade when it was held at the Float @ Marina Bay. Still, the Helix Bridge does offer a decent view of the fireworks.
- Marina Barrage – Slightly farther away yet is the picnic-friendly roof of the Marina Barrage and the sheltered pavilions along the Marina Bridge.
- Gardens by the Bay East – The Bay East Garden across the water is a quieter venue that may be more suitable for families with young children or seniors.
- Stadium Waterfront – Also a fair distance away but still offering decent views is the waterfront by the National Stadium. The same goes for Tanjong Rhu Promenade across the water.
Sky High (Dining) National Day 2023 Fireworks Views
17. ALTRO Zafferano
Journey through contemporary Italian gastronomy from the 43rd level of Ocean Financial Centre. Watch the chefs at work in the 12-metre-long open kitchen or feast on the views from the al fresco terrace. Dining at Altro Zafferano comes with panoramic views of the Marina Bay waterfront, of course. More details
18. LAVO Italian Restaurant & Rooftop Bar
Perched atop Marina Bay Sands Hotel Tower 1, LAVO offers hearty Italian-American cuisine from 57 storeys above ground. Tuck into three splendid one-night only specials, Whole Chilli Crab, Whole Grilled Lobster Thermidor, and LAVO’s National Day Ice Cream Sandwich. Pair these with handcrafted cocktails and unlimited views of the National Day fireworks. More details
Raise a glass and toast to our nation’s birthday at LeVeL33, the world’s highest urban microbrewery. From the penthouse unit of Marina Bay Financial Centre, the rooftop dining concept pairs unlimited servings of local inspired dishes, house-brewed beers, wines, and the iconic Singapore Sling with equally delightful views of Marina Bay. More details
20. Marina Bay Sands SkyPark
Marina Bay Sands celebrates SG58 with activities across the integrated resort, including its iconic SkyPark Observation Deck. Enjoy a ‘live’ screening of NDP, alongside unrivalled views of the fireworks at ‘National Day in the Sky’. Priced at $58, each ticket entitles you to a Frozen Singapore Sling, an LED light National Day bracelet, and a digital photo by Digiphoto. More details
21. Skyline Bar
Take in a ‘live’ NDP telecast simultaneously with tantalising barbecue flavours at Skyline Bar. The gorgeous rooftop poolside bar at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay is hosting a Skyline National Day BBQ this year. Besides mesmerising fireworks, look forward to carvings of a succulent whole lamb, among other grilled meats, seafood, and desserts. More details
22. Singapore Flyer
Get tickets on the Singapore Flyer at the right time of day for an exceptionally unique view. To up the ante, book the world’s first full-service sky dining experience in either a shared or private capsule. This delivers priority boarding to a four-course dinner over two full rotations during the prime sunset hour. More details
23. Tablescape Restaurant & Bar
Along with all the right views, Tablescape presents a beautiful tribute with a National Day Set Menu of mod-European delights with a local twist. Also grab a pre-dinner aperitif of lemongrass-infused gin-based Botanical Blue Blossom, or Red Dot Fizz, a refreshing rose and tropical fruit mocktail. More details
24. 1-Arden Green Oasis & Sky Garden
Enjoy Latin European bistro classics at Sol & Luna on the 17th floor of CapitaSpring with a lofty view of the cityscape from its idyllic outdoor garden setting. Or head up to the 51st floor, where KAARLA and Oumi offer coastal Australian cuisine and contemporary Japanese Kappo dining respectively, both amid the world’s highest food forest. More details
Staycations with a National Day 2023 Fireworks View
25. Andaz Singapore
Partway between the cosmopolitan downtown and eclectic Bugis precinct, rooms at Andaz Singapore offer floor-to-ceiling windows with dynamic bay views. Kick back in a Deluxe Sea View or Andaz Suite King, or call dibs on loungers by the rooftop infinity pool. More details
26. Conrad Centennial Singapore
Rooms at Conrad Centennial Singapore offer a variety of views, ranging from the National Stadium to Marina Bay, as well as the Padang. National Day fireworks from every angle! It also means you might even have a bird’s eye view of the actual Parade, albeit from a slight distance. More details
27. Fairmont Singapore
Pamper your fam with an elevated Bed and Breakfast at Fairmont Singapore. A stay in a Deluxe Harbour View room delivers what you’re looking for, as well as a sumptuous breakfast. Or upgrade for access to unparalleled views from the Fairmont Gold Lounge on level 25. More details
28. The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Mark SG58 from a National Monument with the To Singapore, With Love package at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore. Enjoy complimentary breakfast for two adults and two children, entry to National Day Previews at The Lighthouse, and access to the National Day Local Bazaar at The Courtyard. More details
29. The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Over at The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore, catch the fireworks either from The Clifford Pier’s al fresco deck or at Lantern, the rooftop poolside bar. Or take in the sparkly splendour from your private balcony during your luxury getaway by the bay. More details
30. JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach
We already love JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach’s signature ‘Fun for the Whole Family’ stay package. What better time to indulge in the special Family by JW amenities and activities than during fireworks season? For panoramic views, head to the Flow18 sky garden. More details
31. Marina Bay Sands Hotel & Skypark
Book a stay at the Marina Bay Sands and enjoy access to its observation deck and infinity pool. Because there’s surely no better view of the National Day fireworks than from the top of the world. Or at least the world-famous SkyPark atop the 57th storey. More details
32. Pan Pacific Singapore
Enjoy the fireworks from selected room types at Pan Pacific Singapore. Options range from the Executive Marina Bay Room to the Panoramic Suite. Including breakfast for two, the National Day Fireworks Package 2023 is available on 22 and 29 July, as well as 5 and 9 August. More details
33. PARKROYAL Collection Marina Bay
The Skyline National Day Celebration package at PARKROYAL Collection Marina Bay guarantees fireworks views from the Signature Marina Bay Room. Available from 5 to 10 August, your stay also comes with exclusive National Day amenities. More details
34. The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore
Treat the offspring to the super immersive Ritz Kids Night Safari Adventures. With endless activities to keep them busy, parents get to kick back in luxury too. You get a choice of room types, so pick one with Marina Bay views for literal windows to the National Day fireworks. More details
35. Swissôtel The Stamford
As every Singaporean knows, Swissôtel The Stamford’s claim to fame stems from being one of the tallest hotels in Southeast Asia (and once upon a time, the world). Plus all-balcony rooms, so when it comes to fireworks views, ‘nuff said. Remember to ask for a Swiss Harbour View room. More details
36. The Westin Singapore
Experience the Westin Family package, which comes with in-room play tent, Jellycat Amusable Avocado goodie bag, and much more. At The Westin Singapore, kids also enjoy complimentary popsicles while having fun at the infinity pool, complete with fireworks views. More details
Featured image: tawatchai07 on Freepik
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeMotherhood.