Trying to conceive 2020

Cassie1203

Hi Ladies,

Thankful to stumble on this platform and know you girls. I had been trying for the past 6 months and sadly didn't get any positive preg test results so far. I'm thinking of getting my fallopian tubes checked out by doing a Hysterosalpingography, or HSG test. May I check with you girls if any of you did this test before and can share how should I proceed to get this check done? Any gyne recommendations are welcome! thanks a million in advance!

Claun

Hi Ladies,

Thankful to stumble on this platform and know you girls. I had been trying for the past 6 months and sadly didn't get any positive preg test results so far. I'm thinking of getting my fallopian tubes checked out by doing a Hysterosalpingography, or HSG test. May I check with you girls if any of you did this test before and can share how should I proceed to get this check done? Any gyne recommendations are welcome! thanks a million in advance!
If u trust me, Don go KKH.. Their skill in pumping the ink can kill u. I almost faint and have to repumping the chemical twice. My 2nd HSG test is at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng (TLC) arrange the test for me within 3 days.and trust me, the pain is bearable compared with KKH.

Claun

If u trust me, Don go KKH.. Their skill in pumping the ink can kill u. I almost faint and have to repumping the chemical twice. My 2nd HSG test is at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng (TLC) arrange the test for me within 3 days.and trust me, the pain is bearable compared with KKH.
Btw, HSG test can be deduct from medisave.

Cassie1203

Aww.. thanks for the recommendation, can you also share how much the whole procedure cost? Thanks a million! :)

iibears

Hi Ladies! I was with KKH for my HSG, did it once only and didn't feel any pain though.. There was mild discomfort but its due to insertion of foreign object (similar to how I feel for pap smear), other than that was pretty fast and smooth.

I'm thinking maybe it depends on who's the doctor too.

Neerak

Hi Ladies! I was with KKH for my HSG, did it once only and didn't feel any pain though.. There was mild discomfort but its due to insertion of foreign object (similar to how I feel for pap smear), other than that was pretty fast and smooth.

Hi! I did hsg with kkh too and the overall experience was OK. Agree that doctor on duty plays a part. But my result for one side of the ovary was blurry due to "air" so my doc just assumed that it's not blocked as the ink never flow back. Personal experience.

chxrry

Hi there, may I know who is your doc?

chxrry

Btw ladies, is your KKH test HSG or hyfosy? My gynae sent me for hyfosy ( it’s foam liquid, not ink) :)

I’ve not gone for my test though.

Btw ladies, is your KKH test HSG or hyfosy? My gynae sent me for hyfosy ( it’s foam liquid, not ink) :)

Hi I did HSG at kkh and private. Both got to repeat as I was too anxious haha.

I think Hyfosy is new. My colleague was told to do Hyfosy too at kkh. She has not gone for it.

iibears

Mine is HSG, it's ink/dye. But from what I read on forums usually there's a sharp pain if there's blockage otherwise should go quite smooth. Not sure how accurate is this though.

Hi guys!! Anyone comfortable enough to bless me with an unused sanitary pad (好孕棉) for baby dust?

It's a Taiwan tradition which worked for me but it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy in Jan 2020.

Please leave your email / contact if you're feeling comfortable to bless me with one.

Thanks!

Nathiqah

Agreed. I went through hyfosy at KKH and it was painless even though one of my tubes was found to be blocked.

summerice

hello there, have been trying for almost a year and am scheduled to do HSG test in this cycle.
i have another set of clomid pills but is it safe to take it in the same cycle as the HSG test?

nfpduh

hello there, have been trying for almost a year and am scheduled to do HSG test in this cycle.
i have another set of clomid pills but is it safe to take it in the same cycle as the HSG test?
hmmm normally clomid is taken after HSG cause from HSG you will be able to know if there is any underlying issue. Best check with your doctor

Hi @whentwobecomesone , did your AF come in the end?
Hi Reina, yes it came on Mon with the most horrible cramps! It was so bad tt I was doubled over and couldnt sit or stand. I don’t usually get cramps with my periods so this is very strange. I intend to consult my TCM re this. So coincidental that I have massive cramps after eating TCM meds during the TWW for the first time!

also I started taking bbt. Strangely my bbt is the same everyday? o_O

Oh i see, sometimes i wished the spotting is pregnancy symptom instead. Let’s try again the next cycle! I also feel i’m out le :( We are about half a cycle apart then lol. I am on letrozol, gave me some cramps but not v strong. I really feel like just IVF!
so letrozole doesn’t give u any side effects besides mild cramps? Tts doesn’t sound too bad. I think I’ll consider to try TCM w SMEP for one more cycle. Then if nothing, prob start letrozole next cycle. Why do you feel you’re out? is ur AF due?

I don't really take exactly the same time everyday. For weekdays, of course will be within 15mins difference. My weekends I also wake up later so can be like 1+hour difference. I still can see the general trend. I didn't buy a special thermometer as now got so many free normal ones due to Covid lol. Then as mentioned as long as I can see the trend that I have ovulated I'm ok. Btw, I see u have been asking about Ivf. Are u thinking of doing it soon?
Hi Pixie, I started trying to collect my bbt this week. Weirdly, every morning I get the same temp! I tot my thermometer was off but when my hubby took his temperature, it gave a different reading. My chart will look like a flat line lol

reina37

so letrozole doesn’t give u any side effects besides mild cramps? Tts doesn’t sound too bad. I think I’ll consider to try TCM w SMEP for one more cycle. Then if nothing, prob start letrozole next cycle. Why do you feel you’re out? is ur AF due?
Sorry to hear about your bad condition and cramps! Hope you are feeling better now? I get negative OPK from CD15-20 so i never really BD as was waiting for positive OPK.. i start OPK on CD14 and it was a line that was dark but not as dark as control line so i was very confused, i never ovulated so early before and thought that my ovulation is always CD16-18 so waited to BD but OPK never showed positive. Too late!!! I started BBT too and its about 36.3-36.5 so far. When did u start? I read it will be consistently same until ovulation so it is normal for u since u have not ovulate yet. Takes months to see a trend!

Hi Pixie, I started trying to collect my bbt this week. Weirdly, every morning I get the same temp! I tot my thermometer was off but when my hubby took his temperature, it gave a different reading. My chart will look like a flat line lol
It's ok if it doesn't vary since we're not using the 2 decimal places thermometer. But u should see a spike after u have ovulated. Moreover, it could be cos of your period so the temp doesn't move much. I noticed mine will drop and fluctuate more after my period.

Sorry to hear about your bad condition and cramps! Hope you are feeling better now? I get negative OPK from CD15-20 so i never really BD as was waiting for positive OPK.. i start OPK on CD14 and it was a line that was dark but not as dark as control line so i was very confused, i never ovulated so early before and thought that my ovulation is always CD16-18 so waited to BD but OPK never showed positive. Too late!!! I started BBT too and its about 36.3-36.5 so far. When did u start? I read it will be consistently same until ovulation so it is normal for u since u have not ovulate yet. Takes months to see a trend!
How many days is your cycle normally? From the temperature it seems like u have not ovulated yet. But I'm assuming that your pre-ovulation temperature is not those 35+ kind.

risther

Anyone took ovidret trigger shot recently? What's the pain level like? Any side effects?
I took it 2 weeks ago. The pain level around same as Orgalutran but is tolerable. Slight sting and burning skin was red but subsided fast. Have some headache and fatigue that’s about it.

I took it 2 weeks ago. The pain level around same as Orgalutran but is tolerable. Slight sting and burning skin was red but subsided fast. Have some headache and fatigue that’s about it.
Thanks for the info. It's my first time trying this jab. Is there anything else I need to take note of? The nurse was very vague about it. Just told me it's a trigger jab.

risther

Thanks for the info. It's my first time trying this jab. Is there anything else I need to take note of? The nurse was very vague about it. Just told me it's a trigger jab.
The only thing to note for my case is to jab at the exact timing given by the nurse. Other than that nothing much already.

reina37

How many days is your cycle normally? From the temperature it seems like u have not ovulated yet. But I'm assuming that your pre-ovulation temperature is not those 35+ kind.
My cycle is about 30-33 days. I only started bbt 3 days ago so not sure what is my pre ovulation temp! Hopefully can see a trend! Whats your range like before and after O?

Hi Reina, I only had the bad cramps on the first day. from second day onwards was ok, back to normal:) did you BD Every other day before ovulation date? Maybe next month you could consider trying that? I read that guys need to “renew” their sperms for optimal sperm condition and also nvr know when ovulation might occur early.

I started bbt on second day of period, every single day was 36.3 so I’ve been getting a straight line for my chart. Haha. Not sure if will get accurate results this way

It's ok if it doesn't vary since we're not using the 2 decimal places thermometer. But u should see a spike after u have ovulated. Moreover, it could be cos of your period so the temp doesn't move much. I noticed mine will drop and fluctuate more after my period.
i will persevere and continue taking to see if I can spot a trend. But it’s difficult to remember to take temp esp during weekends! I forgot this morning and took it after 20 mins. My temp went up to 36.6 alrd. Haha

reina37

Hi Reina, I only had the bad cramps on the first day. from second day onwards was ok, back to normal:) did you BD Every other day before ovulation date? Maybe next month you could consider trying that? I read that guys need to “renew” their sperms for optimal sperm condition and also nvr know when ovulation might occur early.

I started bbt on second day of period, every single day was 36.3 so I’ve been getting a straight line for my chart. Haha. Not sure if will get accurate results this way
Haha no, every other day is too tiring for my partner, maybe cos he is not young le, so every 4-5 days only. Meaning during ovulation window max 2 times. Oh well will try again next month... think i’ll be in the “Trying to conceive 2021” group le. LOL

i will persevere and continue taking to see if I can spot a trend. But it’s difficult to remember to take temp esp during weekends! I forgot this morning and took it after 20 mins. My temp went up to 36.6 alrd. Haha
Haha ya... sometimes I will roll around the bed first then will take the temp. But now better already. So u will get used to it!

Ms Lt

Is there any one who know of chinese baby boy to be put up for adoption? Pls inform me
Sincerly wish to adopt.

Haha no, every other day is too tiring for my partner, maybe cos he is not young le, so every 4-5 days only. Meaning during ovulation window max 2 times. Oh well will try again next month... think i’ll be in the “Trying to conceive 2021” group le. LOL
haha why? There’s still a few more months before end of the year! You’re on your second cycle of letrozole right? Did you need to go back to your doc to check for egg growth?