Trying to conceive 2020

Wa did u eat anything special! How many dpo are you at now? Hopefully good news!!! I'm not sure leh. The bbt sometimes I take if I rmb but its erratic. Then I realised the thermometer in using is soft tip and my lo kept bending it. Not sure if it's spoilt already.

haha maybe the thermometer is broken or not so accurate anymore. But u did try when you got positive OPK right?

Eat anything special? You mean like for fertility, or food that might have caused me to bloat? If it’s the latter, I can’t think of anything. Lol. For the former, I’ve been on TCM for 6 or 7 months. But usually I only take one course of medication after my period ends, the meds last about 12 days. This month I went back to see the sinseh after 12 days when my meds ended. So I got another 12 days meds to cover ovulation period and TWW.

But the bloating probably not due to the meds? Becos I get bloating during my BFN cycles too. Are you also seeing TCM? Do you get meds everyday till AF comes?

haha maybe the thermometer is broken or not so accurate anymore. But u did try when you got positive OPK right?

Eat anything special? You mean like for fertility, or food that might have caused me to bloat? If it’s the latter, I can’t think of anything. Lol. For the former, I’ve been on TCM for 6 or 7 months. But usually I only take one course of medication after my period ends, the meds last about 12 days. This month I went back to see the sinseh after 12 days when my meds ended. So I got another 12 days meds to cover ovulation period and TWW.

But the bloating probably not due to the meds? Becos I get bloating during my BFN cycles too. Are you also seeing TCM? Do you get meds everyday till AF comes?

ya tried. and i try not to be so 'tensed' lah. just go with the flow without telling my husband :x

I'm seeing TCM but then he says my body is very weak and needs to rest more (because i latch my child whole night and sometimes i get very disturbed sleep. I think the effects for TCM is slower even for inducing AF. which TCM are you going? Can share? can PM me also if you feel its more personal. I think im 14dpo today, still bfn :(!

ya tried. and i try not to be so 'tensed' lah. just go with the flow without telling my husband :x

I'm seeing TCM but then he says my body is very weak and needs to rest more (because i latch my child whole night and sometimes i get very disturbed sleep. I think the effects for TCM is slower even for inducing AF. which TCM are you going? Can share? can PM me also if you feel its more personal. I think im 14dpo today, still bfn :(!

Are you planning to take medication to induce AF or wait a week more? As Long as AF haven’t come, still got hope. I’m seeing Dr Su at Funan Medical Clinic. You can try Google for her reviews which she has quite a number :)

does your TCM provide medication for one whole month? I realise some TCMs do that and provide a different medication for TWW. Dunno if that is better

Are you planning to take medication to induce AF or wait a week more? As Long as AF haven’t come, still got hope. I’m seeing Dr Su at Funan Medical Clinic. You can try Google for her reviews which she has quite a number :)

does your TCM provide medication for one whole month? I realise some TCMs do that and provide a different medication for TWW. Dunno if that is better
for dr su, can i check if we need to make any appointment or can walk in? do they speak english there? as i am planning to go!

Oh ya, would u like to join our TTC support group chat? I can add you into the WhatsApp :)
hello Chouchou_M, am new to this forum and embarking on the IUI journey after trying 6 months of clomifene and 2 months letrozole. Would like to hear more from ladies TTC like me. could you add me to the TTC support group chat please? Thank you

for dr su, can i check if we need to make any appointment or can walk in? do they speak english there? as i am planning to go!
Hi nfp, if you’re there for the first time, need to walk-in. Second visit onwards, you can try to make appointment, although likely still need to wait. It’s usually crowded. :) I don’t think they speak much English. Maybe only basic. Its manned by local aunties and the sinseh is Taiwanese.

I read the same too! But i don’t think ultrasound can confirm because the follicles will still mature (maybe technically considered ovulated) and shown as bigger grapes on the ultrasound Screen, but doesnt mean there is an egg encapsulate inside that follicle.. (like an empty shell). This is based on what i read online. There are 2 different types “ Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome” and “empty follicle syndrome” you can read up more, but it made me more paranoid everytime i read these!
Hi Reina, how are you doing? Are you approaching O period yet?

Hi Pixie, any new symptoms?Are you due to test soon?
Yeah I've suddenly been spotting on and off for 4 days now! Thought my period was going to come as I normally spot for 2- 3days but still nothing yet. Arggh! And my bbt is still high... makes me wonder if I'm having a CP... :confused::( When will u test? Or will u wait for AF day?

Hi Reina, how are you doing? Are you approaching O period yet?
Hello, thank u for checking in! I just did OPK this morning and the 2nd line is dark but not as dark as the control line, so i tested again after lunch and dinner and it was a faint line... not sure if i missed the surge or just that morning urine is more concentrated... i usually ovulate on CD16-18 and today is CD14 only... are you still feeling tired or fatigue? Any symptoms ?

Yeah I've suddenly been spotting on and off for 4 days now! Thought my period was going to come as I normally spot for 2- 3days but still nothing yet. Arggh! And my bbt is still high... makes me wonder if I'm having a CP... :confused::( When will u test? Or will u wait for AF day?
Wow sounds like very positive symptoms!! When is your AF due?

Wow sounds like very positive symptoms!! When is your AF due?
Nah... AF finally came in full force this morning. Not sure what happened as my luteal phase was 1-2 days longer than normal. Our bodies like to play tricks with us when we're TTC! Sigh... on to the next cycle.

Nah... AF finally came in full force this morning. Not sure what happened as my luteal phase was 1-2 days longer than normal. Our bodies like to play tricks with us when we're TTC! Sigh... on to the next cycle.
Right i see, sigh... it’s really not easy! i don’t expect anything after all these months of trying. Already thinking of just IVF asap alr lol.
Stay healthy and take care!!

how many DPO were you when you started spotting? It may be implantation bleeding, but it only occurs to around 20% of pregnancies, and it usually lasts around 3 days at most. Are you due for ur period alrd? I spotted for 5 to 6 days for one cycle on and off, my AF was already due but it didn’t come, in e end it came really late. Since you’re spotting, I think if you are 12 DPO and beyond, can try testing?

I’m planning to wAit to see if my AF will show up, if nt, then I will test. Seeing the BFNs quite disappointing and disturbing haha

I just saw your updated post! Yea our bodies often play tricks on us. My TCM doc says it’s becos we want to get BFP so bad, so it’s affecting the body’s response. o_O

Hello, thank u for checking in! I just did OPK this morning and the 2nd line is dark but not as dark as the control line, so i tested again after lunch and dinner and it was a faint line... not sure if i missed the surge or just that morning urine is more concentrated... i usually ovulate on CD16-18 and today is CD14 only... are you still feeling tired or fatigue? Any symptoms ?

did you hold your pee for at least 3 hours before testing? If nt the urine may be too diluted to give accurate results. Another possibility is that when you tested in the morning, it was residual surge from the night before. So maybe your LH peaked the previous night. Normally how many days positive OPK do you get? For me it’s 2 to 3 days positive.

I was fatigued only first 2 days of TWW. Yesterday abit too but that might be due to me getting not enough sleep. I have really bad bloating,gassiness though. I also get it during my BFN cycles la. But this cycle it’s so bad that I thought I was getting period cramps. Haha dunno wats happening la, body going haywire

How long have u been trying? You've seen IVF doctor already?
I have been trying for 9 months, how about u? I saw the IVF doctor and he gave me letrozol for 3 cycles to try, on my 2nd cycle now. I’m not hopeful so after these 3 cycles perhaps i’ll just do IVF!

did you hold your pee for at least 3 hours before testing? If nt the urine may be too diluted to give accurate results. Another possibility is that when you tested in the morning, it was residual surge from the night before. So maybe your LH peaked the previous night. Normally how many days positive OPK do you get? For me it’s 2 to 3 days positive.

I was fatigued only first 2 days of TWW. Yesterday abit too but that might be due to me getting not enough sleep. I have really bad bloating,gassiness though. I also get it during my BFN cycles la. But this cycle it’s so bad that I thought I was getting period cramps. Haha dunno wats happening la, body going haywire
I did think about residual surge! Normally i get 2 days positive from day 16/17/18! I cant believe if i really surge on 13/14, and i didn’t BD much :x so maybe this month gone case already :(
I see, the only way to know is from a missed period for u, is ur AF due this weekend?

how many DPO were you when you started spotting? It may be implantation bleeding, but it only occurs to around 20% of pregnancies, and it usually lasts around 3 days at most. Are you due for ur period alrd? I spotted for 5 to 6 days for one cycle on and off, my AF was already due but it didn’t come, in e end it came really late. Since you’re spotting, I think if you are 12 DPO and beyond, can try testing?

I’m planning to wAit to see if my AF will show up, if nt, then I will test. Seeing the BFNs quite disappointing and disturbing haha
Ya, I'll also wait a few days after before testing. I was reading other western forums and it seems like they like to test since 8 dpo! But they have that First response kit which can pick up very low hcg levels and I don't think we have that here. When is your AF due?

I have been trying for 9 months, how about u? I saw the IVF doctor and he gave me letrozol for 3 cycles to try, on my 2nd cycle now. I’m not hopeful so after these 3 cycles perhaps i’ll just do IVF!
July was my 3rd month trying after my mc in Feb. How do u know it won't work this cycle? Seems like u haven't O yet! Actually I recommend taking bbt then u will know if u have O-ed. The jabs for IVF sounds scary for me. I hope I don't have to go down that route... :(

July was my 3rd month trying after my mc in Feb. How do u know it won't work this cycle? Seems like u haven't O yet! Actually I recommend taking bbt then u will know if u have O-ed. The jabs for IVF sounds scary for me. I hope I don't have to go down that route... :(
I see, i wanted to try the CM method as its apparently v reliable but i always get v little watery CM on my O days . Lol.. i need to read up on BBT! Does it only increase before or after O? I’ll prefer a proactive then reactive method of reading. I hope you don’t have to do IVF too..!!

I see, i wanted to try the CM method as its apparently v reliable but i always get v little watery CM on my O days . Lol.. i need to read up on BBT! Does it only increase before or after O? I’ll prefer a proactive then reactive method of reading. I hope you don’t have to do IVF too..!!
I try to see CM too but sometimes quite confusing especially when u BD more often during the so-called fertile period. BBT is a reactive method as u will only know after the temps have risen for 3 days. But since u are using OPKs so it would be good to complement it. I read that u could get a surge but not O so only BBT can tell whether it has really happened.

I did think about residual surge! Normally i get 2 days positive from day 16/17/18! I cant believe if i really surge on 13/14, and i didn’t BD much :x so maybe this month gone case already :(
I see, the only way to know is from a missed period for u, is ur AF due this weekend?

were you using OPK in the previous months? I notice my positive dates will shift around too (+/-2 days). If you use BBT or OPK to track for a few months, then maybe can see a trend? You can try testing for a few more days. Do you have PCOS? Becos it may multiple LH surge too. But you will only ovulate on the last surge I think.

yea, AF due this weekend. Will probably test if it doesn’t show up.

Ya, I'll also wait a few days after before testing. I was reading other western forums and it seems like they like to test since 8 dpo! But they have that First response kit which can pick up very low hcg levels and I don't think we have that here. When is your AF due?

Actually watsons or guardian also sells test kit with v low HCG sensitivity, abt 10hcg I think. You can check it out. I’m due this weekend. But I’ve also encountered some cycles previously, AF late but BFN also. o_O

I try to see CM too but sometimes quite confusing especially when u BD more often during the so-called fertile period. BBT is a reactive method as u will only know after the temps have risen for 3 days. But since u are using OPKs so it would be good to complement it. I read that u could get a surge but not O so only BBT can tell whether it has really happened.

I found that CM not very accurate for me. I often get ideal ECWM for quite a number of days before actual O. During actual O, I only get watery CM. When I just started trying, I only BD based on the ECWM. But nothing happened.

Then my TCM advise to try from CD11 till week 3 of cycle then stop, becos the O day may change cycle to cycle. For ladies w shorter cycles, can start trying from CD8 till end of week 2.

now I use OPK. More accurate but I agree tt it doesn’t tell you if you actually O-ed. it only informs you that your body is trying to O.

were you using OPK in the previous months? I notice my positive dates will shift around too (+/-2 days). If you use BBT or OPK to track for a few months, then maybe can see a trend? You can try testing for a few more days. Do you have PCOS? Becos it may multiple LH surge too. But you will only ovulate on the last surge I think.

yea, AF due this weekend. Will probably test if it doesn’t show up.
Yes i have been using OPK diligently and they are accurate, always 14 days later of positive OPK my period comes! I do have PCOS but so far has not led to any false positives...
i hope your AF doesn’t come this weekend! BFP!

Yes i have been using OPK diligently and they are accurate, always 14 days later of positive OPK my period comes! I do have PCOS but so far has not led to any false positives...
i hope your AF doesn’t come this weekend! BFP!

Thank you! I hope so too. But I’m not having much pregnancy symptoms, so nt being v hopeful :oops:

Actually watsons or guardian also sells test kit with v low HCG sensitivity, abt 10hcg I think. You can check it out. I’m due this weekend. But I’ve also encountered some cycles previously, AF late but BFN also. o_O
Haha don't think will bother to get. Ignorance is bliss lol. At least can hold on to some hope until the ugly witch shows. Fingers cross for u this weekend!

My tcm gives only a week. Con is I need to go back after a week. He will adjust the medication according to my body after reviewing. I'm planning to take clomid as I have gone to a go and he was willing to prescribe me that probably I will wait till next week.

He actually told me clomid can be used to induce AF or ovulation too. I was quite shocked though

Haha don't think will bother to get. Ignorance is bliss lol. At least can hold on to some hope until the ugly witch shows. Fingers cross for u this weekend!

agree! Ignorance can be bliss too! Testing early and getting BFNs, makes me super disappointed. So I think no point going thru e emotional roller coaster;) just wait for AF day to roll around

My tcm gives only a week. Con is I need to go back after a week. He will adjust the medication according to my body after reviewing. I'm planning to take clomid as I have gone to a go and he was willing to prescribe me that probably I will wait till next week.

He actually told me clomid can be used to induce AF or ovulation too. I was quite shocked though

Yea, very troublesome to keep visiting the TCM. Mine is 12 day meds and I think it’s troublesome already. Especially need to queue each time!

Have you tried testing again?

Yea, very troublesome to keep visiting the TCM. Mine is 12 day meds and I think it’s troublesome already. Especially need to queue each time!

Have you tried testing again?

Ya the queue is unbearable! Esp with this covid situation!. Feel like going for zuo yu min at amk. Seems like ppl rave about her fertility treatment.

Still bfp. Have like slight cramps this morn. Don't know if AF is trying to say hi to me

Ya the queue is unbearable! Esp with this covid situation!. Feel like going for zuo yu min at amk. Seems like ppl rave about her fertility treatment.

Still bfp. Have like slight cramps this morn. Don't know if AF is trying to say hi to me

Yea I’ve seen her name in the forums too. Seems like she’s quite famous. If TCM works, might be better for your body than western meds? Always hear of western meds having side effects.
do you need to take meds to induce AF every month?

Yea I’ve seen her name in the forums too. Seems like she’s quite famous. If TCM works, might be better for your body than western meds? Always hear of western meds having side effects.
do you need to take meds to induce AF every month?
Sadly yes I have to take med to induce. Last time when I took clomid, I had bad headache, nausea and cramps. But whatever works!! Too desperate haha.

My AF is regular and supposed to come ard 4/5 Aug and doc schedule. Supposed to take blood test on 4 Aug but my AF suddenly came frm spotting to heavy AF after 9hrs .. Yup our body wen haywire will all the clomid n HCG... Its my 2nd time on IUI after the 1st in 2018..

hi Sharmin661, I’m new to this group and alsobeen tryfor almost 2 years now and thinking of going for zuo yi Min at amk for tcm too. Have you tried it yourself?

Thanks!!

My AF is regular and supposed to come ard 4/5 Aug and doc schedule. Supposed to take blood test on 4 Aug but my AF suddenly came frm spotting to heavy AF after 9hrs .. Yup our body wen haywire will all the clomid n HCG... Its my 2nd time on IUI after the 1st in 2018..
Awww... so will u be trying IUI again? U can't take blood test when u have your AF?

Awww... so will u be trying IUI again? U can't take blood test when u have your AF?
I'm not sure... Will col the hosp on Mon.. Cos the blood test I tink to c if it's +ve or - ve even if u hv spotg but mine is heavy AF.. Tryg to stay strong to try again... Not sure if there's any Dos that I cn try b4 and after IUI to kip d womb warm... I did eat wte eggs in d morning, 2 Brazil nuts daily n alternate red dates tea..

Sadly yes I have to take med to induce. Last time when I took clomid, I had bad headache, nausea and cramps. But whatever works!! Too desperate haha.

Have you tried letrozole before? I’m worried abt the side effects I might experience. Next step for me is to pop those pills.....

have you induced AF alrd? If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re not trying for no.2, does it mean don’t need to induce AF? Or still need to induce becos will cause other health issues?

Hi Que Yan, if you don’t mind me asking, u mentioned that your AF is regular, so are you on IUI becos not ovulating despite AF? I’m wondering if I might have the same issue :oops:

I'm not sure... Will col the hosp on Mon.. Cos the blood test I tink to c if it's +ve or - ve even if u hv spotg but mine is heavy AF.. Tryg to stay strong to try again... Not sure if there's any Dos that I cn try b4 and after IUI to kip d womb warm... I did eat wte eggs in d morning, 2 Brazil nuts daily n alternate red dates tea..
not wrong if you are under IUI and you have AF, they will not ask you to come down to do blood test,

Hi Que Yan, if you don’t mind me asking, u mentioned that your AF is regular, so are you on IUI becos not ovulating despite AF? I’m wondering if I might have the same issue :oops:
Doc said I hv no issue wit ovulation.. Not sure wads the 'real' cause if it... I cudnt got straight to IVF as I dun hv issues... So the protocol is to go IUI at least 3 times b4 we ar allowed to go for IVF... U wen thru IUI?

Yes I did and went to see 3 doc. The 1st one I see in yr 2017 and did some check up include hsg test to check whether tube got block or not and semen analysis, found out that my hb's sperm morphology was low. He took coq10 also. After 1 yr went for 2nd doc and try for 1st round of IUI, but I find the doc not really good and quite expensive so change to NUH Prof wong for 2nd and 3rd round of IUI on last yr. After failed 3 IUI I stop seeing doc coz I was tired of taking so many MC and leave, I also feel disappointed. So I am trying natural now, still thinking wanna go for ivf but my hb not ready for that.

The tian yuan xiang chicken essence I tried before for 5 mths, I find it no effect for me and it expensive so I stop. Currently I taking coq10, vit D, pre natal mult vit. My hb also got take some supplements.
Hi, what brand or name of supplement are u taking?

Back