Trying to conceive 2020

Que Yan

Nah... AF finally came in full force this morning. Not sure what happened as my luteal phase was 1-2 days longer than normal. Our bodies like to play tricks with us when we're TTC! Sigh... on to the next cycle.
My AF is regular and supposed to come ard 4/5 Aug and doc schedule. Supposed to take blood test on 4 Aug but my AF suddenly came frm spotting to heavy AF after 9hrs .. Yup our body wen haywire will all the clomid n HCG... Its my 2nd time on IUI after the 1st in 2018..

Tomatopenguin

Ya the queue is unbearable! Esp with this covid situation!. Feel like going for zuo yu min at amk. Seems like ppl rave about her fertility treatment.

Still bfp. Have like slight cramps this morn. Don't know if AF is trying to say hi to me
hi Sharmin661, I’m new to this group and alsobeen tryfor almost 2 years now and thinking of going for zuo yi Min at amk for tcm too. Have you tried it yourself?

Thanks!!

My AF is regular and supposed to come ard 4/5 Aug and doc schedule. Supposed to take blood test on 4 Aug but my AF suddenly came frm spotting to heavy AF after 9hrs .. Yup our body wen haywire will all the clomid n HCG... Its my 2nd time on IUI after the 1st in 2018..
Awww... so will u be trying IUI again? U can't take blood test when u have your AF?

Que Yan

Awww... so will u be trying IUI again? U can't take blood test when u have your AF?
I'm not sure... Will col the hosp on Mon.. Cos the blood test I tink to c if it's +ve or - ve even if u hv spotg but mine is heavy AF.. Tryg to stay strong to try again... Not sure if there's any Dos that I cn try b4 and after IUI to kip d womb warm... I did eat wte eggs in d morning, 2 Brazil nuts daily n alternate red dates tea..

Sadly yes I have to take med to induce. Last time when I took clomid, I had bad headache, nausea and cramps. But whatever works!! Too desperate haha.
Have you tried letrozole before? I’m worried abt the side effects I might experience. Next step for me is to pop those pills.....

have you induced AF alrd? If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re not trying for no.2, does it mean don’t need to induce AF? Or still need to induce becos will cause other health issues?

Hi Que Yan, if you don’t mind me asking, u mentioned that your AF is regular, so are you on IUI becos not ovulating despite AF? I’m wondering if I might have the same issue :oops:

nfpduh

I'm not sure... Will col the hosp on Mon.. Cos the blood test I tink to c if it's +ve or - ve even if u hv spotg but mine is heavy AF.. Tryg to stay strong to try again... Not sure if there's any Dos that I cn try b4 and after IUI to kip d womb warm... I did eat wte eggs in d morning, 2 Brazil nuts daily n alternate red dates tea..
not wrong if you are under IUI and you have AF, they will not ask you to come down to do blood test,

Que Yan

Hi Que Yan, if you don’t mind me asking, u mentioned that your AF is regular, so are you on IUI becos not ovulating despite AF? I’m wondering if I might have the same issue :oops:
Doc said I hv no issue wit ovulation.. Not sure wads the 'real' cause if it... I cudnt got straight to IVF as I dun hv issues... So the protocol is to go IUI at least 3 times b4 we ar allowed to go for IVF... U wen thru IUI?

Chris65589

Yes I did and went to see 3 doc. The 1st one I see in yr 2017 and did some check up include hsg test to check whether tube got block or not and semen analysis, found out that my hb's sperm morphology was low. He took coq10 also. After 1 yr went for 2nd doc and try for 1st round of IUI, but I find the doc not really good and quite expensive so change to NUH Prof wong for 2nd and 3rd round of IUI on last yr. After failed 3 IUI I stop seeing doc coz I was tired of taking so many MC and leave, I also feel disappointed. So I am trying natural now, still thinking wanna go for ivf but my hb not ready for that.

The tian yuan xiang chicken essence I tried before for 5 mths, I find it no effect for me and it expensive so I stop. Currently I taking coq10, vit D, pre natal mult vit. My hb also got take some supplements.
Hi, what brand or name of supplement are u taking?

Doc said I hv no issue wit ovulation.. Not sure wads the 'real' cause if it... I cudnt got straight to IVF as I dun hv issues... So the protocol is to go IUI at least 3 times b4 we ar allowed to go for IVF... U wen thru IUI?
If u don't mine me asking, if there's nothing wrong then why did u decide to do ART? But thought doc should allow us to do IVF if we want to do it instead of trying IUI first.

no, I did not.I was wondering if I might not be ovulating though I get positive OPKs. How long have you been trying?

Starzstarz

Hi! I am new here. Have been serious in ttc-ing for more than 6 months alrdy. I've been to Zou Yu Min tcm @ amk for 2 cycles, haven seen any results. I am thinking of going for fertility checks. Anyone can let me know where did you all go for the checks & whats the cost roughly like?

Thanks!

Sharmin661

Have you tried letrozole before? I’m worried abt the side effects I might experience. Next step for me is to pop those pills.....

have you induced AF alrd? If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re not trying for no.2, does it mean don’t need to induce AF? Or still need to induce becos will cause other health issues?
I have letrozole but its not safe for breastfeeding so I didn't start it. But I read that clomid is 'safer' but I haven't taken it too.

Actually I feel its normal for me to not have AF because I had irregular periods from young. But a tcm sensei told me at least half a year must have at least once. For better womb. Last time I used to be veyy happy that I don't have monthly AF.

Hi! I am new here. Have been serious in ttc-ing for more than 6 months alrdy. I've been to Zou Yu Min tcm @ amk for 2 cycles, haven seen any results. I am thinking of going for fertility checks. Anyone can let me know where did you all go for the checks & whats the cost roughly like?

Thanks!
Hi Starz, I did my fertility checks at TMC. It cost me about $600+ through my gynae who has a clinic there. I think TMC itself has a package abt $400++, but I don’t think it includes doc consultation

I have letrozole but its not safe for breastfeeding so I didn't start it. But I read that clomid is 'safer' but I haven't taken it too.

Actually I feel its normal for me to not have AF because I had irregular periods from young. But a tcm sensei told me at least half a year must have at least once. For better womb. Last time I used to be veyy happy that I don't have monthly AF.
haha I get what you mean. AF is quite a hassle. Since you have irregular periods, your first child is actually quite a miracle!;) Maybe TCM can help you to tiao so that your period can become regular?

Starzstarz

Hi Starz, I did my fertility checks at TMC. It cost me about $600+ through my gynae who has a clinic there. I think TMC itself has a package abt $400++, but I don’t think it includes doc consultation
Thanks for letting me know! I am considering KKH though... think it'll be cheaper? I dont plan to go polyclinic for referral cos it seems like it'll be a longer waiting time

Starzstarz

Yup I did... At AMK Zou Youmin, drank the herbal only but didn't go ahead wit the acupuncture was afraid of pain...
Same! I am also taking the herbal medicine. Some of it taste really horrible but no choice still must take... scared of needles too so I didnt do accupuncture yet

GermaineLim

Same! I am also taking the herbal medicine. Some of it taste really horrible but no choice still must take... scared of needles too so I didnt do accupuncture yet
Hello girls! I’ve been to AMK Zou Yumin for a short period of time before I actually conceived. Just found out I’m pregnant just few days ago after trying for 5 months and only then decided to visit TCM.
However I’m not sure if the herbal medicine helped but I think more or less her advise did.
Because based on calculation, we did conceive only after the TCM visit.

Did not do the acupuncture too as I’m afraid of the needles as well!
You can always give them a call to make an appointment and usually they have slots!

nfpduh

Hello girls! I’ve been to AMK Zou Yumin for a short period of time before I actually conceived. Just found out I’m pregnant just few days ago after trying for 5 months and only then decided to visit TCM.
However I’m not sure if the herbal medicine helped but I think more or less her advise did.
Because based on calculation, we did conceive only after the TCM visit.

Did not do the acupuncture too as I’m afraid of the needles as well!
You can always give them a call to make an appointment and usually they have slots!
do the doctor there speak english? as the one at bukit batok has limited english

Claun

U can try TMC - Dr Paul "TLC Medical". He will tell you what you're need to test & he will let u know the cost before u proceed. Every staff in TLC are very friendly & cheerful.

Claun

Did went for acupuncture with Dr zou. Frankly speaking, for my pain level is 1 (almost feeling nth). My 1st treatment with her, keep on telling Dr zou that I am afraid of needles But she reassure me that is painless. After few times of acupuncture, I realise there is few times I fall aslp and "snore". I know is quite embarrassing.

no, I did not.I was wondering if I might not be ovulating though I get positive OPKs. How long have you been trying?
Think u should try taking bbt. I also started cos I was wondering whether I was ovulating and my friend was telling me that it's good to take. Not sure if u're still wfh, but for me since still wfh so the timing between weekdays and weekends won't be a huge difference.

nfpduh

Yeah. I now also regret that I chose medisave. Not sure if still can change. Doc mention that I will go on to ivf if I fail this iui.
ya then the IUI will be considered as the first one you used. maybe you can check w their payment side if you can retract and pay by cash? arnd 1k for 1 round of IUI right?

reina37

Think u should try taking bbt. I also started cos I was wondering whether I was ovulating and my friend was telling me that it's good to take. Not sure if u're still wfh, but for me since still wfh so the timing between weekdays and weekends won't be a huge difference.
Hi @whentwobecomesone there is still hope...! Jia you!
I didn’t get any positive OPK and its already CD19... weird.
My tcm doctor asked me to start measuring bbt... so i will start tomorrow. I know everyone is diff, may i know for those who are using bbt, whats the temp diff before and after ovulation?

iibears

Thanks!
Hello! We went to kkh with referral letter from polyclinic so our tests were all subsidised but longer waiting time if you go thru the polyclinic route.

iibears

If thru govt hosp they dun allow unless u or spouse hs issues or both...
Hi! Just my own experience.. Actually both me and hubby are okay (clear all checks) but cuz of my age (I'm 36) we are gg to start ivf after 1 round failed iui. We are with kkh, I think you can try asking to skip the iuis cuz even though it's less invasive but the jabs are rather similar to ivf and hit rate is much lower.

Last edited:
Yup I did... At AMK Zou Youmin, drank the herbal only but didn't go ahead wit the acupuncture was afraid of pain...
how long you’ve been seeing dr. Zou? If it’s for more than a year and no results, maybe can consider to change doc? How many rounds of IUI u need to do before u can proceed to IVF?

yea I’m wondering if I sld do that too.But my weekend schedule is different from weekdays! I wake up really late during the weekends. Does taking bbt have to be the same time Everyday? I read online tt some docs say it doesn’t have to be. Do you buy a special thermometer?

iibears

Thanks for sharing! By longer waiting time, roughly what is the timeline you experienced?
Around 2 months from polyclinic to kkh but after our first appt with kkh, the rest of the follows up are all within a month.

Another thing we felt was different was the consultation in kkh vs private in nuh, kkh longer waiting time especially during their peak and the consultation usually quite fast probably due to the no. of patients.

But we went back to kkh for our ivf as we were still more comfortable with kkh and the doctor.

Last edited:
My tcm doctor asked me to start measuring bbt... so i will start tomorrow. I know everyone is diff, may i know for those who are using bbt, whats the temp diff before and after ovulation?
Hi Reina, I think I’m out this cycle. :( Started spotting red and having period cramps. Are you on letrozole this cycle too? I’m wondering if I should start it soon

My temp after ovulation is normally 36.5 and above. But if u use Fertility Friend app, they will draw a coverline for u based on your pre-ovulation temperatures and after seeing 3 days of temperature rises. So as long as u are above that coverline means u have ovulated.

yea I’m wondering if I sld do that too.But my weekend schedule is different from weekdays! I wake up really late during the weekends. Does taking bbt have to be the same time Everyday? I read online tt some docs say it doesn’t have to be. Do you buy a special thermometer?
I don't really take exactly the same time everyday. For weekdays, of course will be within 15mins difference. My weekends I also wake up later so can be like 1+hour difference. I still can see the general trend. I didn't buy a special thermometer as now got so many free normal ones due to Covid lol. Then as mentioned as long as I can see the trend that I have ovulated I'm ok. Btw, I see u have been asking about Ivf. Are u thinking of doing it soon?